Forums/Armchair-GM

Muzz out for the year

Créé par: Leafsleaks123
Équipe: 2022-23 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 1 nov. 2022
Publié: 1 nov. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
James Mirtle said in an article that he believe Muzzin could be out for the year. That leaves a big hole on the backend
Transactions
ARI
  1. Sandin, Rasmus
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
Détails additionnels:
Asking price is ~two firsts. Sandin should be worth as much as a first and immediately becomes one of Arizona's best defensemen
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2182 500 000 $81 942 913 $212 500 $0 $557 087 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 2
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 1
840 630 $840 630 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 2
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
1 nov. 2022 à 10 h 11
Owly
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 932
You just don't move Sandin. Do something else to get Chychrun
GMBL a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2022 à 10 h 13
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 449
ARZ wants more assets for him and i dont know how much better he makes the team, they dont need a puck moving dman they need a net clearing dman.
GMBL a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2022 à 10 h 15
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,462
Makes no sense to trade a cost efficient LHD Sandin for another LHD. What happens if 5.6m Muzzin returns next year? Chychrun 4.6m blows the cap even further instead of 1.4m Sandin.
GMBL a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2022 à 10 h 21
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
Chychrun's injury history is also something to worry about.

If they move on from Holl next year, and Muzzin is still out, then maybe they should acquire Chychrun if he hasn't been traded yet, the cost should be cheaper then too.
python3504 a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2022 à 10 h 25
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 286
So I think you're in the right direction but hear me out. First of all I agree with other comments that you should both keep Sandin and get a different defenseman (more defensive). Also, You say Sandin is worth as much as a first. I personally like Sandin and think he's good. But, he is also 22, has only played 98 NHL games as of my comment, and only 31 points. I think he will become very good but if you think there isn't a team also in on Chychrun that wouldn't give up the two 1sts, more prospects, or more established guys than what you have, you're dead wrong. Seth Jones got two 1sts and is both older and signed a way more expensive deal.

Some suggestions I'd make for other defensemen to target if you really wanted to add a defensemen that is not primarily offense (not all flashy moves but good solid d-men): Carson Soucy (that would be my pick: good contract and solid defense), Vladislav Gavrikov, Justin Braun, Dmitry Kulikov, Trevor Van Riemsdyk, Nick Jensen, Brendan Dillon, Dylan DeMelo, or if you are looking at some bigger names that could be available: Ivan Provorov or Dmitry Orlov (not sure how the cap would work but w LTIR...)
python3504 et GMBL a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2022 à 11 h 16
Quoting: bluspy88
So I think you're in the right direction but hear me out. First of all I agree with other comments that you should both keep Sandin and get a different defenseman (more defensive). Also, You say Sandin is worth as much as a first. I personally like Sandin and think he's good. But, he is also 22, has only played 98 NHL games as of my comment, and only 31 points. I think he will become very good but if you think there isn't a team also in on Chychrun that wouldn't give up the two 1sts, more prospects, or more established guys than what you have, you're dead wrong. Seth Jones got two 1sts and is both older and signed a way more expensive deal.

Some suggestions I'd make for other defensemen to target if you really wanted to add a defensemen that is not primarily offense (not all flashy moves but good solid d-men): Carson Soucy (that would be my pick: good contract and solid defense), Vladislav Gavrikov, Justin Braun, Dmitry Kulikov, Trevor Van Riemsdyk, Nick Jensen, Brendan Dillon, Dylan DeMelo, or if you are looking at some bigger names that could be available: Ivan Provorov or Dmitry Orlov (not sure how the cap would work but w LTIR...)

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, I think most teams are only going to offer them the equivalent of Sandin+a 1st or a decent prospect+1st+a roster player for cap. I'm not going to be surprised if Chychrun does get traded for less than 2 1st. However, you never know what team will suffer a major injury, and be desperate to shore up the defense.

Toronto definitely needs one of those defensive defensemen over Chychrun, out of the one's you mentioned I like DeMelo for them since he's RH and he has 2 years left on his deal which is in-line with the rest of the D-core (minus Reilly). I don't know if getting another Ontario kid is a good thing though (might be added pressure for a lot of guys), especially since the D-core is filled with them.
1 nov. 2022 à 11 h 26
Quoting: GMBL
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, I think most teams are only going to offer them the equivalent of Sandin+a 1st or a decent prospect+1st+a roster player for cap. I'm not going to be surprised if Chychrun does get traded for less than 2 1st. However, you never know what team will suffer a major injury, and be desperate to shore up the defense.

Toronto definitely needs one of those defensive defensemen over Chychrun, out of the one's you mentioned I like DeMelo for them since he's RH and he has 2 years left on his deal which is in-line with the rest of the D-core (minus Reilly). I don't know if getting another Ontario kid is a good thing though (might be added pressure for a lot of guys), especially since the D-core is filled with them.

The biggest thing with DeMelo is just how Winnipeg plays. No way they move him if they stay around 2nd in the Central. If it falls off and they do the blow up, then you see what you can do. I really like Soucy for Toronto, he can play both sides.
GMBL a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2022 à 11 h 35
The biggest thing with DeMelo is just how Winnipeg plays. No way they move him if they stay around 2nd in the Central. If it falls off and they do the blow up, then you see what you can do. I really like Soucy for Toronto, he can play both sides.

If it doesn't cost them a 1st round pick for them to acquire Soucy then I don't mind it. I see him as a good fit but not the ideal one, just because he's another LHD, I know he can play the right side, but they will be down to just 1 RHD in the roster. The benefit though is they can probably get retention on him and be able to fit another player.
1 nov. 2022 à 12 h 22
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Quoting: python3504
ARZ wants more assets for him

For sure, and not necessarily another young d. AZ isn't expecting to be or want to be on the upswing for another 3 years, so picks and AHL or younger prospects are probably the way to go. Then you'd have to throw in a salary cap dump to make the $$ work.
python3504 a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2022 à 18 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Me
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 254
Quoting: palhal
Makes no sense to trade a cost efficient LHD Sandin for another LHD. What happens if 5.6m Muzzin returns next year? Chychrun 4.6m blows the cap even further instead of 1.4m Sandin.

Hate to break it to you but if Muzzin misses the entire year he’s done. That’s just how it works in sports, he’s pushing 40, has a family, and has accomplished everything he’s wanted to. Love the guy but that’s the reality of the situation
1 nov. 2022 à 19 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Me
Quoting: python3504
ARZ wants more assets for him and i dont know how much better he makes the team, they dont need a puck moving dman they need a net clearing dman.

I mean you’ve got a better perspective than me for sure so I can’t really argue with you but in the modern NHL you really don’t need many net clearing guys and you can find them pretty much anywhere (finding one that can move the puck is tough but everyone is looking for those guys). Also Sandin can definitely throw the body despite his size.
1 nov. 2022 à 19 h 4
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,462
Quoting: Leafsleaks123
Hate to break it to you but if Muzzin misses the entire year he’s done. That’s just how it works in sports, he’s pushing 40, has a family, and has accomplished everything he’s wanted to. Love the guy but that’s the reality of the situation

Pushing 40...c'mon. The reality of the situation is Muzzin can't stay on LTIR, just because someone wants to make a fantasy team.
1 nov. 2022 à 19 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Me

I think you made some valid arguments but I don’t necessarily agree. First of all, Sandin is definitely worth a 1st, try to name 31, even 20 guys, better from his draft class. Second, everyone knows that the Hawks grossly overpaid for Jones (even GMs who take a few years to normally catch on to things) and no one wants to repeat that. If a team offered two firsts to the Yotes right now I would be shocked if they didn’t accept, it’s just no one wants to give up two firsts for him. Your point about going for a defensive guy makes sense, but most of the guys you named aren’t very good (Justin Braun, seriously???), and if you don’t trade Sandin for one of them, then you got four left shot defensemen that can’t play on the right side. I would take a look at any of the Ovs or Jensen, but I don’t think any of them are actively being shopped.
1 nov. 2022 à 19 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Me
Quoting: palhal
Pushing 40...c'mon. The reality of the situation is Muzzin can't stay on LTIR, just because someone wants to make a fantasy team.

What? Have you followed the NHL recently? Shea Weber is the latest example I can think of but yeah, old guys who are injury prone can stay on LTIR, it happens all the time even when you don’t expect it
2 nov. 2022 à 17 h 14
Quoting: Leafsleaks123
I think you made some valid arguments but I don’t necessarily agree. First of all, Sandin is definitely worth a 1st, try to name 31, even 20 guys, better from his draft class. Second, everyone knows that the Hawks grossly overpaid for Jones (even GMs who take a few years to normally catch on to things) and no one wants to repeat that. If a team offered two firsts to the Yotes right now I would be shocked if they didn’t accept, it’s just no one wants to give up two firsts for him. Your point about going for a defensive guy makes sense, but most of the guys you named aren’t very good (Justin Braun, seriously???), and if you don’t trade Sandin for one of them, then you got four left shot defensemen that can’t play on the right side. I would take a look at any of the Ovs or Jensen, but I don’t think any of them are actively being shopped.

Yes Justin Braun seriously. Justin Braun is the perfect bottom-6 defensive d-man who can do top 4 in a pinch. You don't notice him because you're not supposed to. Just because he is "old" doesn't mean he is bad. He isn't as good as like Soucy for example, but you're acting like he shouldn't be in the NHL. If you're an analytics guy, here is JFresh's tweet about Braun when the Rangers got him at the deadline: https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1505951164340355076?s=20&t=ryoBUFXTEq43zh1GNfifEA

Anyways, I get your point but a players worth has really nothing to do with draft class. You mention that most of his draft class sucked, but what does that have to do with his value? Its compared to players currently playing. Draft class has less and less influence over a players career.
5 nov. 2022 à 21 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Me
Yes Justin Braun seriously. Justin Braun is the perfect bottom-6 defensive d-man who can do top 4 in a pinch. You don't notice him because you're not supposed to. Just because he is "old" doesn't mean he is bad. He isn't as good as like Soucy for example, but you're acting like he shouldn't be in the NHL. If you're an analytics guy, here is JFresh's tweet about Braun when the Rangers got him at the deadline: https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1505951164340355076?s=20&t=ryoBUFXTEq43zh1GNfifEA

Anyways, I get your point but a players worth has really nothing to do with draft class. You mention that most of his draft class sucked, but what does that have to do with his value? Its compared to players currently playing. Draft class has less and less influence over a players career.

I don't think Braun is a horrible defensemen, but he's no better than Holl, which makes acquiring him essentially pointless.

I don't think Sandin's draft class is great, but I still think a young player who dominated bottom pairing minutes last year and has shown fairly high offensive upside just has more value than a late first especially in a draft class this year with maybe 3-4 first round caliber defensemen

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage