2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #4: Just Keefe Drowning

2 nov. 2022 à 11 h 24
Kansler
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 228
Modifié 2 nov. 2022 à 11 h 31
Quoting: capsfan2121
what is the price for karlsson with like 4 mil retained

Would imagine its pretty hefty. 5x 4M retention is not everyday phun.
And in Ottawas case Zaitsev is regarded a capdump so it even adds to it.
In any case players/cap needs to go back to SJ,as no team remotely contending has room otherwise to fit in even that remaining 7.5M.
And others quite honestly should not even concider trading for him.
Buffalo would have the funds but no need because of Dahlin.

Real question is: what team is lacking an elite PP thriving dman, and otherwise has enough depth so that Eriks horrible defensive skills wont hurt then too much? (He needs an Lindell/Slavin/Pelech to carry his mistakes in a perfect world)

Cant really see a fit if Detroit or Winnipeg dont see themself contending in the coming 1-5 years period. They got the need, Detroit even some capspace and assets.
2 nov. 2022 à 11 h 33
EklundCelebriniSmith
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Modifié 2 nov. 2022 à 11 h 39
what is the price for karlsson with like 4 mil retained

imo its a first and prospect others will disagree but 7.5 mil for Karlsson over the last few years is a little overpay, but factoring in his current play makes it fair if theres a BAD contract coming back. My suggestion for VAN is a 2023 Pick and Danilla Klimovich as the base, my suggestion for a team like VAN is Myers and than cap rises next year and it makes it much more lucrative.

My current frame work is:

Myers (TO SJS)
Woo (TO ARIZONA)
NYR 2023 4TH (TO ARIZONA)
2023 1st (TO SJS)
Klimovich (TO SJS)
2023 4th (TO SJS)

EK65 (7.5mil) (1.75 from ARI and 2.25 from SJS)
Chmelevski (TO ARIZONA)
VGK 2024 4TH (TO ARIZONA)

I think SJS needs more but its a start for the conversation.

If it was Ottawa I'm not leaving without Ridly Grieg. Ottawa cant afford to trade Pinto any team asking for Pinto is blind to their roster.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 11 h 40
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: yikes
Leah Hextall would claim it’s hate for a female - but she’s just brutal (it’s Leah Hextall, I’ve memorized the voice).

Why can’t they get LITERALLY ANY OF THE OTHER OLYMPIC/ WC womens commentators. I’m glad Ottawa gets Cheryl Pounder.

Oh damn, didn’t even realize I was dogpiling lol, I’ve heard bad things but I’ve tried to stay away from the Leah Hextall discourse for the most part because I don’t typically watch the games she would broadcast. But that shootout was horrendous. It’s obviously not female hate because Cassie was excellent (I miss her covering the Flames), but the colour person shouldn’t have to summarize what just happened because the play by play person said LITERALLY nothing. Dead air is killer, and if the play by play commentator isn’t commentating the play live as it happens, then what are they even there for lol
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 11 h 46
Kansler
Mentions "j'aime": 228
imo its a first and prospect others will disagree but 7.5 mil for Karlsson over the last few years is a little overpay, but factoring in his current play makes it fair if theres a BAD contract coming back. My suggestion for VAN is a 2023 Pick and Danilla Klimovich as the base, my suggestion for a team like VAN is Myers and than cap rises next year and it makes it much more lucrative.

Myers (TO SJS)
Woo (TO ARIZONA)
2023 1st (TO SJS)
Klimovich (TO SJS)
2023 4th (TO SJS)

Chmelevski (TO ARIZONA)

If it was Ottawa I'm not leaving without Ridly Grieg. Ottawa cant afford to trade Pinto any team asking for Pinto is blind to their roster.

But the question is: Does Vancouver need Erik? You already have an elite PP running offensive defender?
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 11 h 48
Quoting: HelmutCool
Would imagine its pretty hefty. 5x 4M retention is not everyday phun.
And in Ottawas case Zaitsev is regarded a capdump so it even adds to it.
In any case players/cap needs to go back to SJ,as no team remotely contending has room otherwise to fit in even that remaining 7.5M.
And others quite honestly should not even concider trading for him.
Buffalo would have the funds but no need because of Dahlin.

Real question is: what team is lacking an elite PP thriving dman, and otherwise has enough depth so that Eriks horrible defensive skills wont hurt then too much? (He needs an Lindell/Slavin/Pelech to carry his mistakes in a perfect world)

Cant really see a fit if Detroit or Winnipeg dont see themself contending in the coming 1-5 years period. They got the need, Detroit even some capspace and assets.

Myers (TO SJS)
Woo (TO ARIZONA)
2023 1st (TO SJS)
Klimovich (TO SJS)
2023 4th (TO SJS)

Chmelevski (TO ARIZONA)

On the retention, I don’t think you necessarily have to pay much extra for it like you would for PKane, because EK65 is not worth his current cap hit. So retention simply raises his value from negative to a certain break-even point, and at the end of the day, 4mil retention for San Jose is in reality 7.5mil cap savings lol. I do think the break-even point is probably somewhere higher though. Like, giving him away for free would probably be somewhere around 2-2.5mil retention, so a 1st+prospect makes sense for 4mil retention.

On the fit in Ottawa, I’ve seen a lot of discussion about it on Sens twitter, but I feel like it’s not the right fit and that’s just nostalgia. Ottawa would ideally want someone younger to fit better with the core, and what they really need is a stable defensive presence. Zub being injured really casts a spotlight on a gaping hole even with him in the lineup. Sanderson is solid defensively but Hamonic and Zaitsev are dead-weight. Ottawa doesn’t lack puck-movers (Chabot is one of the most elite transition players in the game, Brannstrom is having a resurgence and is a slick passer that is excellent on the PP even though he’s not really being used there, and Sanderson’s just good at everything lol) so EK65 wouldn’t even be that much of an improvement in that regard. I just don’t see the point. I’d rather target a guy like Connor Murphy, who will also likely be cheaper to acquire.
yikes a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 11 h 51
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Alfie11
Oh damn, didn’t even realize I was dogpiling lol, I’ve heard bad things but I’ve tried to stay away from the Leah Hextall discourse for the most part because I don’t typically watch the games she would broadcast. But that shootout was horrendous. It’s obviously not female hate because Cassie was excellent (I miss her covering the Flames), but the colour person shouldn’t have to summarize what just happened because the play by play person said LITERALLY nothing. Dead air is killer, and if the play by play commentator isn’t commentating the play live as it happens, then what are they even there for lol

100%, I only mention the female aspect as Hextall has obviously gotten a ton of nasty messages from degenerates; and a lot of it is because she’s just a girl and some losers are well losers. But there’s a lot of lack of criticism or lack of acceptance of criticism because of this.

But Pounder, Campbell Pascal, Leila (something can’t remember), do not get much criticism because I actually enjoy their casts. Or Kate Berness and the countless other quality female media workers that I’ve grown watching.

Hextall is not good. She’s often covering Sharks games and she does ESPN. You’re comment is just.

A lot of dead air, and not good dead air like some of the great baseball commentators who let the moment speak. She also as you mention often fails to play by play whatsoever. And I feel like most times watching some of the Sharks game but hearing her; there’s two different stories. You have the GAME, then you have whatever Hextall is calling (often wrong names or wrong everything lol, not lying I’ve heard a ton of bad information on her casts).
Alfie11 et NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 12 h 18
EklundCelebriniSmith
But the question is: Does Vancouver need Erik? You already have an elite PP running offensive defender?

Oh theyre just a team that financially can make it work if they want him. Idk about the fit. Just as a dark horse, if they want him they can afford it asset wise and on paper. Like we could talk Seattle or Columbus. Seattle's financials are a mess and Columbus is limbo tho.
2 nov. 2022 à 12 h 27
EklundCelebriniSmith
On the retention, I don’t think you necessarily have to pay much extra for it like you would for PKane, because EK65 is not worth his current cap hit. So retention simply raises his value from negative to a certain break-even point, and at the end of the day, 4mil retention for San Jose is in reality 7.5mil cap savings lol. I do think the break-even point is probably somewhere higher though. Like, giving him away for free would probably be somewhere around 2-2.5mil retention, so a 1st+prospect makes sense for 4mil retention.

On the fit in Ottawa, I’ve seen a lot of discussion about it on Sens twitter, but I feel like it’s not the right fit and that’s just nostalgia. Ottawa would ideally want someone younger to fit better with the core, and what they really need is a stable defensive presence. Zub being injured really casts a spotlight on a gaping hole even with him in the lineup. Sanderson is solid defensively but Hamonic and Zaitsev are dead-weight. Ottawa doesn’t lack puck-movers (Chabot is one of the most elite transition players in the game, Brannstrom is having a resurgence and is a slick passer that is excellent on the PP even though he’s not really being used there, and Sanderson’s just good at everything lol) so EK65 wouldn’t even be that much of an improvement in that regard. I just don’t see the point. I’d rather target a guy like Connor Murphy, who will also likely be cheaper to acquire.

Chabot kinda playing like a BUM right now tho.

But OTT needed Marino imo.
2 nov. 2022 à 12 h 35
me wan da poonani
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,243

He's ours, back off.
Devil, capsfan2121, yikes and 5 others a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 12 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,165
Quoting: Tintin
He's ours, back off.

absolute steal of a trade
yikes, Brian2016 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 12 h 54
EklundCelebriniSmith
absolute steal of a trade

He's ours, back off.

rip ty smith
capsfan2121 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 3
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
He's ours, back off.

i waunt him
2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 11
Chabot kinda playing like a BUM right now tho.

Yeah I’m disappointed Ottawa didn’t end up getting him, he woulda been perfect. Chabot should figure it out, I’m not worried about him. No shot I’m gonna crucify the only good defenseman we’ve had for the last several years because of a couple subpar games where he continues to be extremely overworked (and still isn’t close to as bad as our worst D lol)
yikes a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 29
EklundCelebriniSmith
Yeah I’m disappointed Ottawa didn’t end up getting him, he woulda been perfect. Chabot should figure it out, I’m not worried about him. No shot I’m gonna crucify the only good defenseman we’ve had for the last several years because of a couple subpar games where he continues to be extremely overworked (and still isn’t close to as bad as our worst D lol)

Ottawa will never succeed with DJ Smith as head coach
2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 32
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
My sleeper pick is VAN for EK65... toss out Myers, get like 4m retained on Karlsson w/ Arizona helping. Toss your 2023 van first and a spec to SJS (replacing Myers dead 6m for 7.5m Karlsson).

IMO they're a Darkhorse team.

That’s an awful idea. Will have to relocate my loyalty to another team if that happens
2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 33
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624

Hughes-Karlsson is just asking to get scored on
2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 34
me wan da poonani
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,243
Quoting: Bobcat205
i waunt him

Bobcat205: Jarmo! Jarmo! can we go get some Marino pleaseeeee?
Kekkäläinen: Nah kiddo. We've got Marino at home
Bobcat205, AndrewLadd, A_Habs_fan and 4 others a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,165
Bobcat205: Jarmo! Jarmo! can we go get some Marino pleaseeeee?
Kekkäläinen: Nah kiddo. We've got Marino at home

respect the third overall pick
2 nov. 2022 à 13 h 48
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
rip ty smith

He’s going to be a stud
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 20
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
rip ty smith

Marino has been a rock on the back end while Ty Smith can't crack the Pens roster. PIT got fleeced. Massive W for the Devils.
2 nov. 2022 à 14 h 52
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

He is not wrong, why Robertson is being scratched (and played 6-8mins in his last two games) makes no sense

But
muppets-swedish-baker.gif
yikes, Db1899, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 15 h 28
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
He's ours, back off.

I would like to report two crimes for stealing

Marino for Smith + 3rd
Siegenthaler for 3rd
zk97 et Tintin a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 15 h 41
Quoting: Brian2016
Marino has been a rock on the back end while Ty Smith can't crack the Pens roster. PIT got fleeced. Massive W for the Devils.

Ty smith still has one of the highest star probabilities among players from the 2018 draft. Smith is still a future #2 or #3 D so the trade was hardly a fleece.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 15 h 42
Quoting: MatthewsFan

He is not wrong, why Robertson is being scratched (and played 6-8mins in his last two games) makes no sense

But
muppets-swedish-baker.gif

a lot of coaches can learn a thing or 2 from don granato about how to coach young players
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 15 h 43
My favorite leafs account on Twitter. Better than editorinleaf

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage