Forums/Armchair-GM

Matthews to Montreal

Créé par: jonh514
Équipe: 2023-24 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 31 oct. 2022
Publié: 31 oct. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Leafs fans are crapping on their players. Matthews is the second or third best player in the league and will continue to be for a long time. You don't want him anymore? We'll take him!!!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
89 000 000 $
32 000 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Matthews, Auston
Détails additionnels:
Sign and trade
Re-signs for 8 years x 13M
TOR
  1. Dach, Kirby
  2. Kidney, Riley
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (FLA)
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (MTL)
  5. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (MTL)
MTL
TOR
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (MTL)
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (CGY)
Détails additionnels:
Adding more for Matthews. How many picks you want?
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de PIT
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2286 000 000 $76 849 416 $1 170 000 $3 977 500 $9 150 584 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 8
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 7
835 000 $835 000 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
AG, AD
RFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 925 000 $1 925 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
766 667 $766 667 $
DD
UFA - 2
828 333 $828 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
31 oct. 2022 à 7 h 23
1-0 them
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,075
Leafs reject they would want Caufield and slaf
31 oct. 2022 à 7 h 24
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,028
Quoting: BlackwoodForVezina
Leafs reject they would want Caufield and slaf

Of course they would... But not according to the posts I've seen since last night. Thanks for making my point though...
31 oct. 2022 à 7 h 29
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 128
john-jonah-jameson-lol-laughing-hysterically-laughing-out-loud-funny-gif-17710543
JackForHart a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 7 h 46
Subbanator
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,329
Crazy to say this but the most unrealistic part of this is the 8x13....... Mathews is gonna be a number that's going to be concerning the rest of the league on his next contract. if the cap goes up like they project he may very well be a 14 million guy in two years
31 oct. 2022 à 8 h 4
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,414
God no!!!!
31 oct. 2022 à 8 h 4
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,528
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Crazy to say this but the most unrealistic part of this is the 8x13....... Mathews is gonna be a number that's going to be concerning the rest of the league on his next contract. if the cap goes up like they project he may very well be a 14 million guy in two years

The most unrealistic part is him signing in montreal.
SociallyHawkward a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 8 h 5
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: DefenseFirst

This is all unrealistic. Leafs need to fire the coach and move on.
31 oct. 2022 à 8 h 8
Subbanator

Why's that? Big market, chance to win, high end facilities, teams able to pay his contract anyways he wants (likely all signing bonus), great city to live in and the only real negative is the media (which is the same in Toronto).

If anything the Leafs have scared him away from wanting to be in any market that's this demanding but other then that Montreal is a great place to play.
31 oct. 2022 à 8 h 22
Why's that? Big market, chance to win, high end facilities, teams able to pay his contract anyways he wants (likely all signing bonus), great city to live in and the only real negative is the media (which is the same in Toronto).

If anything the Leafs have scared him away from wanting to be in any market that's this demanding but other then that Montreal is a great place to play.

Sure, it’s a big market. Plenty will be after matthews
Chance to win? The habs suck, and i don’t see it getting better quickly.
High end facilities? There’s one team in the league that doesn’t have that.
Any team will pay Auston matthews anyway he wants.

If he doesn’t re-sign in toronto, there’s no shot he signs in canada in my opinion.
SociallyHawkward a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 8 h 28
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM

If he doesn’t re-sign in toronto, there’s no shot he signs in canada in my opinion.

Matthews want to play offensive/creative hockey. Habs wanna play offensive/creative hockey. That may count for more than we think!
31 oct. 2022 à 8 h 38
Quoting: jonh514
Matthews want to play offensive/creative hockey. Habs wanna play offensive/creative hockey. That may count for more than we think!

How do you know what brand of hockey Auston Matthews wants to play? That’s just a ridiculous statement.
31 oct. 2022 à 8 h 56
Billy739
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,629
MTL and Mathews reject
Good player for sure but im taking Suzuki over Matthews for my Captain
Suzuki Accomplished more as when he was a Rookie he brought MTL back from Elimination to winning in a Tournament a Playoff Spot.(matthews never did that)
Then he took his team to a Stanley Cup Final as a Sophmore

Thats the Jean Beliveau type leader i'd prefer.
Lest we forget Phil Espisito was the Matthews of his day sometimes doubling Beliveaus yearly points.
But how many Cups did JB lead MTL to and how many did Phil ?

For similar reasons i want Suzuki over Matthews
Cant have both logistically without becoming cap strapped and losing the 1st round every year as seen in Toronto.
We might be interested in Marner who trained with Suzuki his draft and rookie years working with the same Speed Skating Coach.
There's real potential there for Marner to be the Missing link on the Suzuki-Caufield line (Dach/Anderson work fine there but Marner could eleveate NS/CC production by 10-20 points)

If i was trading for a Center today it would probably be Byfield in hopes we could get similar results out of him as we did Dach and Danault.
He's 6'5 and still growing and just turned 20 entering his 3rd year out the draft and 2nd year Pro. He's struggling really bad in all area's leading to a career low 11 minutes average ice time.
Like Poehling he's going to take years to mold into a servicable player and im convinced LAK arent willing to wait as they are really close with 56 games left in his Waiver Exemption.
That said unlike Poehling Byfields issues arent lack of skills or knowledge as far as being a 200ft player goes its just adjusting to his body.
Like Brian Boyle he'll take years to adjust to his size and like Brian Boyle i think LAK realize this and trade him.(for a 3rd rounder that became Jordan Weal )
I think LAK timeline is similar place where they cant wait another 2-3 years before he actually starts playing at the level the NHL Starter status requires.

That said unlike Boyle they wont have to sell so low.
While the players are similar and while Boyle was good
I think if Byfield if at the same cross roads 3-4 years earlier then Boyle was.
Boyle had all that extra time to adjust to his size before turning Pro that Byfield has not as he grew 2 inches since his first game with LAK.

MTL has all the time in the world and would send him to Laval ASAP letting him ride out this and next year there.
When he's adjusted Physically and became a consistent top 6 guy then we'll bring him back up hoping he's ready.
But guys this size dont Adjust without playing big minutes and the role LAK have him in is the complete opposite of that.
31 oct. 2022 à 9 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
This is all unrealistic. Leafs need to fire the coach and move on.

They need to fire some fans. A send a message to the fan base saying:

"You can't say regular season doesn't matter and only post-season results do, and then complain about a slow start or even a bad season as long as we don't miss the playoffs."

They can also make a production video showing what they do to fans who don't comply. I'm thinking they tie up a dummy's limbs on the post of the net and then shot pucks at it, firing squad style, then they set fire to the dummy.
31 oct. 2022 à 9 h 3
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
Quoting: Billy739
MTL and Mathews reject
Suzuki Accomplished more as when he was a Rookie he brought MTL back from Elimination to winning in a Tournament a Playoff Spot.(matthews never did that)

Lest we forget Phil Espisito was the Matthews of his day sometimes doubling Beliveaus yearly points.

Cant have both logistically without becoming cap strapped and losing the 1st round every year as seen in Toronto.
We might be interested in Marner who trained with Suzuki his draft and rookie years working with the same Speed Skating Coach.
There's real potential there for Marner to be the Missing link on the Suzuki-Caufield line (Dach/Anderson work fine there but Marner could eleveate NS/CC production by 10-20 points)

If i was trading for a Center today it would probably be Byfield in hopes we could get similar results out of him as we did Dach and Danault.
He's 6'5 and still growing and just turned 20 entering his 3rd year out the draft and 2nd year Pro. He's struggling really bad in all area's leading to a career low 11 minutes average ice time.
Like Poehling he's going to take years to mold into a servicable player and im convinced LAK arent willing to wait as they are really close with 56 games left in his Waiver Exemption.
That said unlike Poehling Byfields issues arent lack of skills or knowledge as far as being a 200ft player goes its just adjusting to his body.
Like Brian Boyle he'll take years to adjust to his size and like Brian Boyle i think LAK realize this and trade him.(for a 3rd rounder that became Jordan Weal )
I think LAK timeline is similar place where they cant wait another 2-3 years before he actually starts playing at the level the NHL Starter status requires.

Boyle had all that extra time to adjust to his size before turning Pro that Byfield has not as he grew 2 inches since his first game with LAK.

MTL has all the time in the world and would send him to Laval ASAP letting him ride out this and next year there.
When he's adjusted Physically and became a consistent top 6 guy then we'll bring him back up hoping he's ready.
But guys this size dont Adjust without playing big minutes and the role LAK have him in is the complete opposite of that.

LA can give Byfield all the time he needs too, he just needs to be ready to take over once Kopitar retires or becomes a 3C or lower.
31 oct. 2022 à 9 h 6
Quoting: Billy739
MTL and Mathews reject

Lol, “i want suzuki over matthews.” Thank you for identifying yourself as an all-world homer.
dannibalcorpse a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 9 h 16
Wulfgar85
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 30
Matthews is off limits, but what kind of package would you put together for Marner
31 oct. 2022 à 9 h 32
GO KNIGHTS GO
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,269
How do you know what brand of hockey Auston Matthews wants to play? That’s just a ridiculous statement.

He’s a psychic
31 oct. 2022 à 9 h 32
Quoting: Wulfgar85
Matthews is off limits, but what kind of package would you put together for Marner

Is he off limits next season if he doesn’t have a contract?
31 oct. 2022 à 9 h 35
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,651
Leafs take that trade all day long, and then have cap to build a well rounded team (without Dubas). But Matthews extending with Habs.....I doubt that .
31 oct. 2022 à 9 h 37
Subbanator

Habs are young and will be improving.

You can think facilities are the same but that's not close to being true. Toronto, MTL and the Rangers spend the most on player amenities and those small things matter to players.

Also, not as many teams owners can pay Mathews in pure signing bonuses as you think. Cash up front or in bulk sums does affect most owners and they have to be ready for those pay days.
31 oct. 2022 à 10 h 1
Habs are young and will be improving.

You can think facilities are the same but that's not close to being true. Toronto, MTL and the Rangers spend the most on player amenities and those small things matter to players.

Also, not as many teams owners can pay Mathews in pure signing bonuses as you think. Cash up front or in bulk sums does affect most owners and they have to be ready for those pay days.

For Auston matthews, every single team offers the same structure.
High taxes
Team stinks
Different language

Not a shot.
31 oct. 2022 à 10 h 21
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM

I have tried to apply logic.

All offensively gifted players want to play creative hockey. Being jammed into a defensive system hampers their ability to score.

The extreme version of this is Caufield with Ducharme. Matthews is totally unengaged with Keefe right now, you don't think it's the one thing that changed A.K.A the defense-first system he is trying to implement?

Marner and Matthews, two of the most creative and offensively gifted forwards in the league, are being stifled.
31 oct. 2022 à 10 h 28

All offensively gifted players want to play creative hockey. Being jammed into a defensive system hampers their ability to score.

The extreme version of this is Caufield with Ducharme. Matthews is totally unengaged with Keefe right now, you don't think it's the one thing that changed A.K.A the defense-first system he is trying to implement?

Marner and Matthews, two of the most creative and offensively gifted forwards in the league, are being stifled.

He’s one of the best defensive centers in the league. Maybe he would hate fishing the puck out of the back of his net all the time because the team stinks.

It was total guess work on your part, cmon.
31 oct. 2022 à 13 h 33
Wulfgar85
Is he off limits next season if he doesn’t have a contract?

Nope, if he he doesn't sign buy Jan 1st 2024 than I would absolutely move him but for this season he is off limilts
31 oct. 2022 à 13 h 37
Wulfgar85

Keefe is not stifled Matthews and Marner he is trying to get the whole team to be more responsible defensively. Marner and Matthews and trying to tune Keefe out because Keefe called them out after the first 4 games

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage