Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

29 oct. 2022 à 18 h 41
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
Quoting: Brian2016
He's certainly gonna get every opportunity for ice time in VAN. They probably should've addressed their Defense over the summer, but it's not too late.

You'd rather pay Gudbranson 4 x 4M or Jan Rutta 3 x 2.75M? Be my guest
30 oct. 2022 à 2 h 41
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: Knuckl3s
You'd rather pay Gudbranson 4 x 4M or Jan Rutta 3 x 2.75M? Be my guest

No. Those contracts were obviously ridiculous. Free Agency isn't the only way to improve a team. But, I guess VAN didn't get that memo based on their track record of Free Agent signings over the last few years. For example, the Devils traded an AHL D, Ty Smith, for John Marino, now their #1 Defenseman.
30 oct. 2022 à 8 h 43
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 539
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
Can someone from Carolina explain why the Canes would make this trade? Are they in that much cap hell that they needed to shave $1.4 million this badly?

They didn’t need the cap space now, but they would have needed it when Pacioretty comes off LTIR. Bear wasn’t playing, so keeping him on Carolina's NHL roster until then would not have increased his value, and might have stunted his development. (His 25, but I think he’s still developing.)

Rare loss for Carolina, but only because they had to retain salary on Bear. $400,000 is not a lot of cap hit, and they did get a positive return for him, but I think they would have been better off not to sign him this past summer. I couldn’t fault them for that though, because at that time it looked like he was going to be a regular on the third pair. They couldn’t know that Chatfield, who was below Bear on the depth chart last season, DeHaan, whom nobody wanted to offer a contract, and Coghlan were all going to slot in ahead of Bear. Once that happened, he wasn’t going to play unless two defensemen got hurt.

In the absence of any trade offers that didn’t require salary retention, I’d have been inclined to waive him. If somebody claimed him, that would have cleared his full cap hit. If nobody claimed him, they still could have made this trade with Vancouver, or they could have sent him to the minors so that at least he’d be playing while they waited for a better deal. But I guess they valued the 5th-round draft pick and getting rid of Pederson’s $750,000 salary (though he wasn’t affecting their cap hit) more than the $400,000 cap hit they retained.

Carolina has also made a lot of noise lately about being a preferred destination for players who have a choice of where they go. They probably want to show that if somebody doesn’t fit in, they’re not going to hold him back if there’s an NHL job for him somewhere else. It’ll be interesting to see if Bear still has that job when Vancouver’s injured defensemen come back, but for now I’m sure he’s just happy to be playing. I wish him luck.
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2022 à 10 h 4
Alex Bump Truther
Mentions "j'aime": 2,572
A trade i just dont understand. Too me it seems like a Contract dump, but they shouldnt have had to retain on bear. At least keep him on the team until the end of the year to see if he starts to be a contributer. 5th round pick is meh. Great trade for Vancouver helps fill a need while not wasting a super important asset.
30 oct. 2022 à 13 h 59
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,196
Bear is > then Holl.

Why did Dubas sit on his hands on this one?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2022 à 14 h 51
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
Bear is > then Holl.

Why did Dubas sit on his hands on this one?

Bear isnt what they need

As when Liligren comes back the main focus will be finding a top 4 shutdown Dman to play with Rielly

Think of it like this

Rielly-New Guy
Giordano-Brodie
Sandin-Liligren

Demelo, Larsson, Murphy all make more sense
30 oct. 2022 à 19 h 14
Banni
No. Those contracts were obviously ridiculous. Free Agency isn't the only way to improve a team. But, I guess VAN didn't get that memo based on their track record of Free Agent signings over the last few years. For example, the Devils traded an AHL D, Ty Smith, for John Marino, now their #1 Defenseman.

None of that makes any sense. If you're claiming that acquiring Bear wasn't a lesser evil than signing those other two UFA's, I don't know what to say. Devils trade Ty Smith and a 3rd for Marino. Ty Smith is only in the AHL due to salary cap reasons regarding the Penguins, and Marino is far from the Devils no. 1 defenseman
30 oct. 2022 à 19 h 14
Banni
Quoting: aadoyle
Bear isnt what they need

As when Liligren comes back the main focus will be finding a top 4 shutdown Dman to play with Rielly

Think of it like this

Rielly-New Guy
Giordano-Brodie
Sandin-Liligren

Demelo, Larsson, Murphy all make more sense

They'll all likely be a lot more expensive than Bear too
30 oct. 2022 à 20 h 54
None of that makes any sense. If you're claiming that acquiring Bear wasn't a lesser evil than signing those other two UFA's, I don't know what to say. Devils trade Ty Smith and a 3rd for Marino. Ty Smith is only in the AHL due to salary cap reasons regarding the Penguins, and Marino is far from the Devils no. 1 defenseman

The point is, VAN's D is terrible. They've had several off-seasons to improve and haven't done so. If not for Demko they'd be historically bad.
30 oct. 2022 à 22 h 47
Hakuna Matata
They'll all likely be a lot more expensive than Bear too

Thats fine u get what u pay for as the expression goes
Knuckl3s a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 18 h 3
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 335
Chatfield is a much better fit in Carolina than he was in Vancouver. Player performance isn't that black and white around the league, you should know

oh for sure! just ironic
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 22 h 5
I see that Bear is wearing #74 in Vancouver. I wonder if that’s a tribute to Jaccob Slavin, who wears 74 in Carolina. To me it’s a reminder of how far he fell on Carolina’s depth chart during his one season there. He actually started the 21-22 season replacing Dougie Hamilton as Slavin’s partner at even strength.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 nov. 2022 à 0 h 31
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
Quoting: jr400
I see that Bear is wearing #74 in Vancouver. I wonder if that’s a tribute to Jaccob Slavin, who wears 74 in Carolina. To me it’s a reminder of how far he fell on Carolina’s depth chart during his one season there. He actually started the 21-22 season replacing Dougie Hamilton as Slavin’s partner at even strength.

it has nothing to do with Slavin, he wore 74 with the Oilers because he couldn't wear 25 his preferred number, I don't know why he chose 74 specifically but I know it has nothing to do with Slavin or why he isn't wearing 25 in Vancouver since no one else has that number
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 nov. 2022 à 2 h 1
Banni
Quoting: canucks_Fan_53
oh for sure! just ironic

Bear has looked pretty good through two games
4 nov. 2022 à 2 h 3
Banni
Thats fine u get what u pay for as the expression goes

Larsson wasn't exactly 'good' for Seattle last year. Fan valuation of him is based more on past perception before the expansion draft than how he actually performed for Seattle after they drafted and signed him to a new contract.
4 nov. 2022 à 2 h 5
Banni
The point is, VAN's D is terrible. They've had several off-seasons to improve and haven't done so. If not for Demko they'd be historically bad.

Their D has underacheived this year so far, but when they're healthy, they're at worst an average group. What were they suppose to do in the off-season? Sign Gudbranson? Chiarot? Rutta? or Leddy?

You don't back up your arguments with any evidence
4 nov. 2022 à 2 h 15
Hakuna Matata
Larsson wasn't exactly 'good' for Seattle last year. Fan valuation of him is based more on past perception before the expansion draft than how he actually performed for Seattle after they drafted and signed him to a new contract.

Larsson's a bit slow though thats the issue and I feel he likes it in Seattle. As he left the Oilers for them which is a sign he wants a quiet market.

To me Connor Murphy makes more sense as Chicago once Kane and Toews are gone will want to tank
4 nov. 2022 à 2 h 19
Banni
Larsson's a bit slow though thats the issue and I feel he likes it in Seattle. As he left the Oilers for them which is a sign he wants a quiet market.

To me Connor Murphy makes more sense as Chicago once Kane and Toews are gone will want to tank

I can't tell how good Murphy is since Chicago is such a bad team. Well...maybe you don't consider them to be a bad team currently, but then you have to consider Murphy's injury history. To sum up all that, I'm not sure I see anybody ponying up a 1st rounder for him. Capitals didn't have to pay a 1st for Connor Brown
4 nov. 2022 à 2 h 23
Hakuna Matata
I can't tell how good Murphy is since Chicago is such a bad team. Well...maybe you don't consider them to be a bad team currently, but then you have to consider Murphy's injury history. To sum up all that, I'm not sure I see anybody ponying up a 1st rounder for him. Capitals didn't have to pay a 1st for Connor Brown

Before he extended he was pretty good then Chicago starting selling things and he fell off after the extension

To me they just want to get rid of that deal and would probs take a 2nd and B level prospect for him (term be the factor)
4 nov. 2022 à 2 h 25
Banni
Before he extended he was pretty good then Chicago starting selling things and he fell off after the extension

To me they just want to get rid of that deal and would probs take a 2nd and B level prospect for him

And Caps paid a 2nd for Brown

My point exactly. In any case, Murphy might be an interesting player to take a flyer on assuming the team in question isn't on Murphy's no-trade list
4 nov. 2022 à 12 h 59
Their D has underacheived this year so far, but when they're healthy, they're at worst an average group. What were they suppose to do in the off-season? Sign Gudbranson? Chiarot? Rutta? or Leddy?

You don't back up your arguments with any evidence

That's the big problem with the Canucks. You think the only way to improve your team is through free agency. Its been that way for years and that's why you're still terrible defensively. Did you see one of the worst teams in the league light them up for 5G last night? And you want evidence? They're allowing over 4G per game. I'd say that's a long way from league average.
5 nov. 2022 à 10 h 51
Quoting: oilersguy
it has nothing to do with Slavin, he wore 74 with the Oilers because he couldn't wear 25 his preferred number, I don't know why he chose 74 specifically but I know it has nothing to do with Slavin or why he isn't wearing 25 in Vancouver since no one else has that number

Thanks. I forgot that he wore 74 in Edmonton. Maybe he thought 25 was bad luck after what happened to him in Carolina, so he went back to 74 because his experience in Edmonton was better.
8 nov. 2022 à 16 h 37
Banni
That's the big problem with the Canucks. You think the only way to improve your team is through free agency. Its been that way for years and that's why you're still terrible defensively. Did you see one of the worst teams in the league light them up for 5G last night? And you want evidence? They're allowing over 4G per game. I'd say that's a long way from league average.

I never said that was the only way to improve, but what else could they have done? You can bring up a guy like John Marino, but we don't know that there was a sensible way for the Canucks to outbid what New Jersey ultimately offered. You can bring up Weegar, but it's not likely the team had the trade chips to acquire him. Believe me, I recognize
9 nov. 2022 à 20 h 14
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426

You don't back up your arguments with any evidence[/quote]

The irony
12 nov. 2022 à 22 h 1
Banni
Quoting: Devil
The irony

What irony? Dermott and Poolman aren't healthy

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question: