Forums/Armchair-GM

Realistic Fix

Créé par: JackAce91
Équipe: 2022-23 Canucks de Vancouver
Date de création initiale: 27 oct. 2022
Publié: 27 oct. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
They should blow it up and start over, but whatever. Guess they're trying to win. Retool it is. I'm not the most familiar with the Canucks roster, so go easy on me.

Fixes come from finding players to help stats that the Canucks are worst at according to JFresh cards

There are a few major problems I can identify:
1) they too easily give up the neutral zone, too easy for other team to exit zone and enter defensive zone
2) they have literally no rush game. If they aren't able to get in zone to cycle, they won't score.
3) Even when they do cycle, it's not all that useful. Not enough shots, not enough rebounds chances, just not enough

Fixes
1) Bo Horvat is likely going to out-price himself at the end of the year, so the Canucks can't resign him. Even if they do, he's not all that useful of a player with what they need. Trading him for Artem Zub may help fix problem 1. Also creating a dynamic, defensive third line in Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Garland should be solid on both ends of the ice.

2) The Rush. This is a difficult one, because rush players are valued in the league. There really aren't many available for trade, and even less acquirable without giving up the whole farm. Instead, I think it just comes from proper lines. Hoglander-Petterson-Boeser under the influence of Boudreau should be able to move the puck up ice with speed, cycle, rush, and shoot.

3) Somebody is going to pull the trigger on a Puljujarvi trade and I think the time is now. He's a work horse in need of some refining. What he does bring is offensive power. He is going to be a player that will take shots, more shots, and even more shots after that. He doesn't have the best finish, but that should hopefully come with time. He is also good at moving the puck out of the zone to help defensive pressure. His trade value is rumored to be at a low.

None of these are long term fixes. I'm not sure there is one with the awful contracts Vancouver has. I still think that they should rebuild, because they have no shot when they have millions upon millions locked up in underwhelming players for years to come. They have taken way too many chances on players after just one or two great seasons and that doesn't seem to have changed. Miller should've been traded, but it is probably too late now if the hopes were to flip him for concrete value.

Good luck Thatcher
Transactions
VAN
  1. Zub, Artem
Détails additionnels:
Canucks get a reliable shut down defenseman to help aid against the rush and zone entries. Not the best offensive player at all, but that may be boosted playing alongside Hughes
OTT
  1. Horvat, Bo
Détails additionnels:
Ottawa gets a center replacement with Norris likely out for the year, as well as even more veteran presence. Rumors say Sens worry about whether they can resign Zub
EDM
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (VAN)
VAN
  1. Kerfoot, Alexander
Détails additionnels:
This is a swiss-army knife of a player. All over the place, not particularly special anywhere, but effective everywhere.
TOR
  1. DiPietro, Michael
  2. Woo, Jett
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (VAN)
Détails additionnels:
Toronto seems to have built a bottom-6 that doesn't necessarily include Kerfoot anywhere. Shedding cap space while adding another goalie (albeit underperforming) to aid in their injury troubles in net may be worthwhile for them
VAN
    anywhere, moving cap out
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2582 500 000 $82 351 667 $1 250 000 $1 150 000 $148 333 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
    891 667 $891 667 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
    AG, AD
    RFA - 1
    7 350 000 $7 350 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 2
    6 650 000 $6 650 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 3
    950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
    C, AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AG, C, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    4 950 000 $4 950 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 4
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 3
    762 500 $762 500 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
    AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 5
    Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 4
    7 260 000 $7 260 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    762 500 $762 500 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    850 000 $850 000 $
    DG
    RFA - 2
    850 000 $850 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    825 000 $825 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 3
    750 000 $750 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    27 oct. 2022 à 13 h 44
    Rejoint: mars 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,416
    There are rumours about Zub but make no mistake about it, if the Sens lose Zub the team will fall apart. They will do absolutely everything to keep him.
    27 oct. 2022 à 13 h 46
    Rejoint: avr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 449
    I think the Leafs take that deal, the only issue is they would be over the 50 contract limit.
    GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
    27 oct. 2022 à 13 h 52
    Rejoint: déc. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 11,901
    Overpay for JP.
    27 oct. 2022 à 13 h 55
    Formerly Jamiepo
    Rejoint: juill. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
    Leafs would give you a better offer for horvat.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 2
    Rejoint: janv. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 11,896
    1. Ottawa is weaker on the Blueline than down the middle, even after Norris injury.
    2. Zub is their only top 4 calibre RHD.
    3. Even IF Ottawa might not be able to retain Zub after this season, that's still better than definitely not being able to keep Horvat.
    4. Keeping Zub let's them retain the leverage of potentially offering Zub an 8 year deal, which would be a huge bargaining chip in trying to keep him.
    GMBL a aimé ceci.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 14
    Rejoint: janv. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 11,896
    Quoting: sens65
    There are rumours about Zub but make no mistake about it, if the Sens lose Zub the team will fall apart. They will do absolutely everything to keep him.

Yeah. I think it's just posturing from his agent as a negotiation tactic. I can't imagine Zub walking away from The Sens. He's got a pretty sweet setup tbh, he gets to do his thing with basically zero scrutiny. Doesn't really have to do media, is universally loved in the market in a way very few Sens have ever been (in recent memory that list is Mark Stone and JG Pageau). The fans literally cheer his name just for touching the puck.

Only concern is the lack of Russians on the team (once Zaitsev is gone he's the only one in the NHL). wouldn't be terrible to look to add a couple.
    sens65 a aimé ceci.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 15
    Rejoint: mai 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
    The Sens and Leafs trade make sense for Vancouver perhaps but not really for the other team.

Claesson4Norris already mentioned the contract aspect and that OTT is a team that needs help on the right side. Ottawa shouldn't be acquiring an expensive replacement for Norris, since they have internal options already.

The Leafs won't trade Kerfoot for a back up goalie/depth goaltending or an AHL D-man who isn't ready to step in if need be.

Edmonton probably declines as well, as they don't need cap space at this time and they would be selling low on JP. Not sure, where JP would play in Vancouver, if they are trading and replacing Horvat with someone else.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 18
    Rejoint: mars 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,416
    Quoting: Claesson4Norris
    Yeah. I think it's just posturing from his agent as a negotiation tactic. I can't imagine Zub walking away from The Sens. He's got a pretty sweet setup tbh, he gets to do his thing with basically zero scrutiny. Doesn't really have to do media, is universally loved in the market in a way very few Sens have ever been (in recent memory that list is Mark Stone and JG Pageau). The fans literally cheer his name just for touching the puck.

Only concern is the lack of Russians on the team (once Zaitsev is gone he's the only one in the NHL). wouldn't be terrible to look to add a couple.

Right, for that reason I wouldn't be surprised if he'll think about signing with Washington to play with Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, and Orlov.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 20
    Rejoint: juin 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,931
    Why would Edmonton move a roster player for a second round pick? News flash Edmonton ain't rebuilding or retooling.
    Ausbear17 a aimé ceci.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 21
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: juill. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 295
    Quoting: aedoran
    Overpay for JP.

Yeah, reports say its somewhere in the range of 2-3rd, so I just went with a second
    aedoran a aimé ceci.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 21
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Timmah007
    Why would Edmonton move a roster player for a second round pick? News flash Edmonton ain't rebuilding or retooling.

Cause they've been trying to since the start of the offseason. He's been in basically every trade rumor mill there is. I said a second because that's what the rumored asking price is.
    Boldirev a aimé ceci.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 24
    KFTW
    Rejoint: juill. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 23,514
    Can’t see Ottawa going for this. Top 4 is a much bigger need than more offence
    Boldirev a aimé ceci.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 29
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: GMBL
    The Sens and Leafs trade make sense for Vancouver perhaps but not really for the other team.

Claesson4Norris already mentioned the contract aspect and that OTT is a team that needs help on the right side. Ottawa shouldn't be acquiring an expensive replacement for Norris, since they have internal options already.

The Leafs won't trade Kerfoot for a back up goalie/depth goaltending or an AHL D-man who isn't ready to step in if need be.

Edmonton probably declines as well, as they don't need cap space at this time and they would be selling low on JP. Not sure, where JP would play in Vancouver, if they are trading and replacing Horvat with someone else.

I wasn't too sure about what each team would want back. I know that with Norris out and the rumors of Ottawa management looking for more top 9 depth, i figured they wouldn't be super excited about moving their 3c up and opening their depth up to more scrutiny. The Zub situation seems like it's been underreported based on what is likely going on behind the scenes, so I just went with what I have seen about their being potential trade expectations.

The Leafs are a pretty complete team already. They're only real drawback is cap space, which is why I didn't want to give back any cap. They have plenty of defensive depth already, so they don't really need Woo to step in immediately. DiPietro on the other hand may need to step in at some point. With Woll and Murray out, they're one injury away from disaster. They also have one of the weakest goalie pools, so adding something there may be beneficial.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 32
    Rejoint: juin 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 193
    Quoting: JackAce91
    Cause they've been trying to since the start of the offseason. He's been in basically every trade rumor mill there is. I said a second because that's what the rumored asking price is.

Haven't really looked into it much but how would a you feel about a Pulji for Kuzmenko trade?

Van gets a younger player.
    Edmonton gets cap space and an NHL ready guy.
    Both are worth around a 2nd-3rd.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 42
    Rejoint: août 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 772
    Quoting: Claesson4Norris

I have only heard positive things about Zub resigning, he is negotiating like everyone, but he knows he won't get a better roster spot than riding shotgun with Chabot for the next 6-8 years.
    I wouldn't be surprised thou if he does a bridge-type deal then go for more money when the cap goes up and his role on the team does as well.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 44
    Rejoint: sept. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 200
    Ottawa just cannot move Zub. In a rebuild move these teams might match up, but Ottawa can't afford to give Vancouver pieces to help them right now. I could see a much bigger trade such as Horvat/Stillman/Schenn for JBD/Kastelic/Zaitsev/ Branstrom and a high pick. Dumping Zaitsev solves a big problem for them and all three adds help them now.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 50
    Rejoint: sept. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 200
    Quoting: GMBL

Edmonton has reportedly had Pulu on the market for exactly that return and there have been no takers. I suspect Vancouver doesn't look at him as a solution either. The Toronto trade doesn't work for Vancouver either, as a potential one year rental is not what they should be looking at for even a third round pick.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 52
    Rejoint: mai 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
    I wasn't too sure about what each team would want back. I know that with Norris out and the rumors of Ottawa management looking for more top 9 depth, i figured they wouldn't be super excited about moving their 3c up and opening their depth up to more scrutiny. The Zub situation seems like it's been underreported based on what is likely going on behind the scenes, so I just went with what I have seen about their being potential trade expectations.

The Leafs are a pretty complete team already. They're only real drawback is cap space, which is why I didn't want to give back any cap. They have plenty of defensive depth already, so they don't really need Woo to step in immediately. DiPietro on the other hand may need to step in at some point. With Woll and Murray out, they're one injury away from disaster. They also have one of the weakest goalie pools, so adding something there may be beneficial.

Zub is a guy they would move at the deadline probably perhaps sooner, but for a defender in either case, and not a forward rental. If Josh Norris, is out the entire year, then perhaps they do acquire one but someone like Kerfoot. It happens that Leafs have been interested in Zub in the past, so perhaps there is a deal to be done there. Of course, Ottawa would need to still go get a defenseman elsewhere, so whatever they would have had to add on top of Zub for Horvat, can go towards acquiring a RHD. LA will probably have a couple of guys to trade (maybe Roy and Walker), Severson, and Dumba may become available. CBJ (Boqvist-out 6 weeks atm) is bound to have some guys as well later in the season.

Zub plays in OTT's top 4, so whoever they get needs to be able to replace him and play those top 4 minutes. As for Vancouver, they are probably fine with a guy who could work up to becoming a top 4 but can play at least on the 3rd pairing.

Holl plays a top 4 roll though, and plays pk. Unless they are adding a replacement it doesn't make much sense. The Leafs have Kallgren and if it really comes down to it they can acquire a guy like Hutchinson for a 5th from a team who has a spare goalie. Or even if they acquire DiPietro for a 3rd or 4th, they make that move when needed. They also could just move an AHL contract and sign Dryden McKay to an NHL contract.
    27 oct. 2022 à 14 h 59
    This team kills me
    Rejoint: mars 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,511
    Zub shouldnt be the RD target from the sens for van, JBD should,
    JBD and a 1st and maybe a 3rd for horvat and we chillin
    27 oct. 2022 à 15 h 56
    Rejoint: juin 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,931

If there was truth to the oilers trying to move him why did they give him an extension in the offseason
    29 oct. 2022 à 15 h 43
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Timmah007
    If there was truth to the oilers trying to move him why did they give him an extension in the offseason

Two possible reasons

1) Teams were unsure about whether of not they would have the cap space to resign him. By giving an exact cap number, it may make negotiations easier

2) He's still a valuable player. The oilers don't see a future with him and probably think he's taking up a roster spot for someone else, so that may be why they want to move him. But letting him sit on the sidelines isn't a smart move and lowers the offer they can get in return. Only way to improve the offer is to let him play.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage