SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 season Discussion

6 déc. 2022 à 22 h 49
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,863
Anyone have Dubas' number by any chance? I'm an LD and have a fantastic house league career under my belt. I could suit up on a moment's notice
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 déc. 2022 à 22 h 53
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Quoting: Random2152
Just needs to get his feet under him. Let him cook

They fixed his skates and hes been much better. Honestly I want to see more as hes looked good with Sandin and Gio

Heck he took LD shifts with Holl
6 déc. 2022 à 22 h 53
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,554
Quoting: aadoyle
They fixed his skates and hes been much better. Honestly I want to see more as hes looked good with Sandin and Gio

Heck he took LD shifts with Holl

Most people look good with them, but yes i agree
6 déc. 2022 à 22 h 56
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
Most people look good with them, but yes i agree

He looks like his old self with the SOO especially with Sandin

The confidence is slowly coming back and his denial on dump and chases has been nice

I want to see more
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
6 déc. 2022 à 22 h 58
Hakuna Matata
Got to give Engvall credit he could have touched to get a goal but he let his buddy Kerfoot have it
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Matt Murray shutout to end Jason Robertson's streak
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
I’ll remember this sequence on the PK for a long time

😂 😂
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 4
Amirov Forever
Matt. Murray. They called me insane when I said I believed in him. Look at me now
MatthewsFan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Justin Holl has only been on the ice for two 5-on-5 goals against in the past 9 games. Credit where credit is due. He's been solid.

WHEN healthy, I am more than comfortable with this group:
Rielly Brodie
Giordano Holl
Sandin Liljegren
Benn Timmins
Mete Hollowell

The Leafs have 26 goals from non-Big Four forwards. Adding another legit scoring threat is a must.

PS
The Leafs are 6-0-1 without Morgan Reilly

tenor.gif
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 27
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: Nathaniel
Anyone have Dubas' number by any chance? I'm an LD and have a fantastic house league career under my belt. I could suit up on a moment's notice

Nice.

Unfortunately I’m a forward, mostly a winger. But I’m 6’2” and right handed… I’m willing to play if needed lol! We could be a pairing.
NorthernLeafsFan05 et oneX a aimé ceci.
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 35
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Saskleaf
Nice.

Unfortunately I’m a forward, mostly a winger. But I’m 6’2” and right handed… I’m willing to play if needed lol! We could be a pairing.

Nate - Saskleaf would run the league, Im honestly not sure it would be fair to ice us
Saskleaf et oneX a aimé ceci.
6 déc. 2022 à 23 h 53
Hakuna Matata
“(Robertson) has done it without cheating (for offence),” DeBoer, the Stars’ coach, said. “He is not floating around.

RIP THAT STREAK ****

MEANWHILE MARNER 20 AND GOING STRONG
7 déc. 2022 à 14 h 37
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 déc. 2022 à 16 h 8
Been pondering this but man if u really think about it Rielly as a forward solves 2 issues especially with Friedman's report on Leafs wanting a D. As hes an offensive D who already cheats for offense anyway so its not the worst idea

Like lets say Dubas gets Chycrun u can go

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Rielly-Tavares-Marner
Knies-Kampf-Jarnkrok
ZAR-Holmberg-Engvall

Chycrun-Brodie
Sandin-Liligren
Gio-Holl/Timmins
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2022 à 15 h 51
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207
Been pondering this but man if u really think about it Rielly as a forward solves 2 issues especially with Friedman's report on Leafs wanting a D. As hes an offensive D who already cheats for offense anyway so its not the worst idea

Like lets say Dubas gets Chycrun u can go

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Rielly-Tavares-Marner
Knies-Kampf-Robertson
ZAR-Holmberg-Engvall

Chycrun-Brodie
Sandin-Liligren
Gio-Holl/Timmins

not terrible. Though he's played D his whole life, and for many offensive D, generating chances from the back-end is easier because you can see the ice a lot clearer from the back versus a forward who is always battling for positioning and the puck in the offensive zone. You could experiment and maybe it works but im not sure. And I guess worst case you just drop him back to D
Saskleaf et NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2022 à 15 h 53
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: leafs101
not terrible. Though he's played D his whole life, and for many offensive D, generating chances from the back-end is easier because you can see the ice a lot clearer from the back versus a forward who is always battling for positioning and the puck in the offensive zone. You could experiment and maybe it works but im not sure. And I guess worst case you just drop him back to D

Rielly plays D as if hes a forward. Look at how many times he is not on the blue line when scoring or passing or trying to create offense its nuts. Honestly at this point u could say hes a wing playing D like the whole Marner experiment
7 déc. 2022 à 15 h 58
Rielly plays D as if hes a forward. Look at how many times he is not on the blue line when scoring its nuts. Honestly at this point u could say hes a wing playing D like the whole Marner experiment

you can say playing D as a forward but the reality is that's not how it is and it is very different. Even jumping into the play off the blue-line to play a forward style versus actually playing forward are very different things.

Marner on D experiment is for exactly the reasons I said a player like Rielly, while elite offensively, may produce more off the back end. Players with that level of vision and poise strongly benefit from the way you see the ice from the point. Makes passing options clearer, and you can see the play develop more clearly from the blueline which allows someone like Rielly for example to see when to jump in at the right times

Rielly jumps up a lot, yes, but I think that's largely in part to his ability to see the ice from the point, and process the plays that are developing in front of him
7 déc. 2022 à 16 h 2
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: leafs101
you can say playing D as a forward but the reality is that's not how it is and it is very different. Even jumping into the play off the blue-line to play a forward style versus actually playing forward are very different things.

Marner on D experiment is for exactly the reasons I said a player like Rielly, while elite offensively, may produce more off the back end. Players with that level of vision and poise strongly benefit from the way you see the ice from the point. Makes passing options clearer, and you can see the play develop more clearly from the blueline which allows someone like Rielly for example to see when to jump in at the right times

Rielly jumps up a lot, yes, but I think that's largely in part to his ability to see the ice from the point, and process the plays that are developing in front of him

If we look at Rielly he cheats for offense more than any other blue liner. I have seen this man pinch more than Sandin and act as if hes a LW. Rielly rarely takes point shots and likes to score in tight. So honestly moving him to forward honestly should improve results.

6957ae6877c685fd490392f141303200

As the circles above highlight where he scores most of his goals notice its where wings often score. So in the end moving Rielly can actually benefit him more so then hurt him as ironically hes playing as if he was a wing on D
7 déc. 2022 à 16 h 11
If we look at Rielly he cheats for offense more than any other blue liner. I have seen this man pinch more than Sandin and act as if hes a LW. Rielly rarely takes point shots and likes to score in tight. So honestly moving him to forward honestly should improve results.

6957ae6877c685fd490392f141303200

As the circles above highlight where he scores most of his goals notice its where wings often score. So in the end moving Rielly can actually benefit him more so then hurt him as ironically hes playing as if he was a wing on D

i understand where this is coming from but again seeing the ice the way he does from the point is what allows him to see the play develop so effectively and pounce on chances where he can creep down and generate a chance in closer to the net. I'm not arguing that he doesn't pinch very much or doesn't join in like a forward often, but what I'm saying is the way a defenseman sees the ice from the back end is much different from the way you see the ice as a forward and it's his intuition at that position that helps him to see when he can jump up and make an impact like that

its why someone like Brent Burns for example had way more production as a defenseman than he ever did as a forward
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2022 à 12 h 24
Hakuna Matata
Brodie back

Rielly still not skating

But hey we got Brodie back so thats good
8 déc. 2022 à 15 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

I want a top 6 forward bad but good God that 3rd line needs to be fixed. Just a black hole offensively
8 déc. 2022 à 15 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan

I want a top 6 forward bad but good God that 3rd line needs to be fixed. Just a black hole offensively

If they can move on from Engvall and bring in someone like Vatrano or an offensive bottom 6 guy I would be intrigued

As u can then let Kerfoot and Kampf take on the defense while Vatrano can score
8 déc. 2022 à 15 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
If they can move on from Engvall and bring in someone like Vatrano I would be intrigued

As u can then let Kerfoot and Kampf take on the defense while Vatrano can score

I don’t necessarily want Engvall to go, just moved down in the lineup. Engvall Kampf ZAR as a 4th line and to close out games is perfect. Kerfoot is the one that needs to go.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2022 à 16 h 32
Hakuna Matata
I don’t necessarily want Engvall to go, just moved down in the lineup. Engvall Kampf ZAR as a 4th line and to close out games is perfect. Kerfoot is the one that needs to go.

In a sense rn I think Holmberg is making Engvall expendable

FjOc7LEWQAUV6SJ?format=png&name=large

Kerfoot despite the protests is the second best defensive forward they have. Only Marner has been better with Kampf being #3
leafs101 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2022 à 16 h 47

you've gotta give up to get this tight to the cap though, you'd want to spend that 2.25 on the replacement, plus you have Holmberg to serve his role well enough
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2022 à 17 h 25
Hakuna Matata
Dubas should call Samsonov's agent and start working on an extension
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage