Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 season Discussion

30 nov. 2022 à 21 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,940
Quoting: mondo
this team just collectively decides to stop ****ing around in november

Now they just need to collectively decide to squash lottery/meh teams and not play to their level

No more of this kind of game

Give me 8-1 victories or heck shut them out
30 nov. 2022 à 21 h 59
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,036
Quoting: aadoyle
Now they just need to collectively decide to squash lottery/meh teams and not play to their level

No more of this kind of game

Give me 8-1 victories or heck shut them out

This is the kind of mindset that sets you up for failure. The Leafs won. Did Colorado beat every team that was out of a playoff spot last year? How about Tampa the few years before? We are also missing a ton of important blue liners
30 nov. 2022 à 22 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 30 nov. 2022 à 22 h 9
Quoting: Nathaniel
This is the kind of mindset that sets you up for failure. The Leafs won. Did Colorado beat every team that was out of a playoff spot last year? How about Tampa the few years before? We are also missing a ton of important blue liners

Yes they won but it honestly could have got either way through that kind of play. Leafs have a bad habit of playing down to opponents and tonight was unfortunately a classic example. Yes you cant win every game but come on the signs were there that often result in us losing even Dangle meme'd about it lul

And this same blue line dominated Pittsburgh so yeah not a good excuse. And that is the problem with this team as if your not playing seriously against these teams you are potentially losing out on easy points that can help you for the playoffs as rn Toronto looks to play Tampa. If we played seriously against the lesser teams in October could have been closer or heck tied with Boston rn

Either way while a good result happened they need to play with more consistency and need to show killer instinct against teams like this
30 nov. 2022 à 22 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

I also believe why the Leafs have been terrible the past two seasons in October is they have like 4-5 new guys on the roster and trying to integrate them into the system the Leafs play. That’s not easy, creating chemistry, trying to find the perfect lines. Like on paper I was positive ZAR Kampf NAK was going to be legit but they sucked.

This team is rolling right now and finding their identity, I love it. Especially with some of the Marlies (Holmberg, Robertson, Hollowell) helping out, this is what you want in a franchise.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
30 nov. 2022 à 22 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

This sucks, he was playing some great hockey in the top 6. Can we please get some injury luck 🍀.

Hopefully they give Robertson his spot
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
30 nov. 2022 à 22 h 12
Amirov Forever
Quoting: MatthewsFan

This sucks, he was playing some great hockey in the top 6. Can we please get some injury luck 🍀.

Either they give Robertson that spot, or they pull off an elaborate heist and plot to steal Timo Meier, keeping him in Toronto for good. Still too early to say
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
30 nov. 2022 à 22 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
I fukcin love this team

30 nov. 2022 à 22 h 15
Amirov Forever
I fukcin love this team

Cant wait for the anti-fun bagheads to throw a temper tantrum over this. Maybe hide this from the Uncles
MatthewsFan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
30 nov. 2022 à 22 h 20
Hakuna Matata

Robertson should have it as I dont see a LW with the Marlies who has shown me enough to take the spot from him

But man it sucks as Jarnkrok was starting to get things going offensively for us
30 nov. 2022 à 22 h 58
average joe
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 92
Cant wait for the anti-fun bagheads to throw a temper tantrum over this. Maybe hide this from the Uncles

I don't like these things on the ice when they are viewed as taunting the other team. Celebrating in the Room, and after a win - is perfectly ok.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2022 à 1 h 30
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,624
Switching Marner and Nylander has made both lines super dangerous again. Murray has been pretty close to dominant since coming back from injury, really like where this team is trending right now. Getting Benn and Brodie back is only going to strength this group

I have been asking for this switch for a while because I always thought doing this would make more lines dangerous and force teams to decide which line to shutdown.
Trickster et leafs101 a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2022 à 1 h 45
Quoting: Saskleaf
That’s probably the biggest issue with getting rid of him. I have no idea who would be a good replacement. But I just don’t see how you can justify losing 5 straight years in the first round either.

Hopefully they just win and this isn’t an issue. They do actually seem legit this year. I know we say that every year but this year feels different.

That is also my issue. If there's not at least one playoff round win, how can a new contract even be a thing? Yeah I don't have replacement names for anyone here but 5 straight years of first round exits?

Please, someone explain how anyone survives that? Bottom line is, it's easier to fire a coach/GM then it is to sign the same GM and expect playoff results after 5 years of not getting any.
Trickster et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2022 à 8 h 47
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,187
Quoting: oneX
That is also my issue. If there's not at least one playoff round win, how can a new contract even be a thing? Yeah I don't have replacement names for anyone here but 5 straight years of first round exits?

Please, someone explain how anyone survives that? Bottom line is, it's easier to fire a coach/GM then it is to sign the same GM and expect playoff results after 5 years of not getting any.

My thoughts exactly. Not anti Dubas, I like a lot of what he’s done, but you CAN NOT justify keeping around 5 years of failure. You just can’t.
oneX a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2022 à 9 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Quoting: Saskleaf
My thoughts exactly. Not anti Dubas, I like a lot of what he’s done, but you CAN NOT justify keeping around 5 years of failure. You just can’t.

So I guess my reply to this would be let’s say like FLA, the Leafs win the 1st round then get swept in 4 games straight in line he 2 round, does that still qualify as success for you guys?

Or is it Conference Finals/Stanley Cup or bust?
oneX et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2022 à 10 h 19
So I guess my reply to this would be let’s say like FLA, the Leafs win the 1st round then get swept in 4 games straight in line he 2 round, does that still qualify as success for you guys?

Well, a first round result is the bare minimum so yes, sign the man.

The whole point of this specific discussion is... that giving him an extension without even a first round win is the definition of insanity. With a first round win, you can hang your hat on that first round win but without it, how can a case be made to bring Dubas back?

Nobody has been able to answer that question, not in a meaningful way.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2022 à 10 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Well, a first round result is the bare minimum so yes, sign the man.

The whole point of this specific discussion is... that giving him an extension without even a first round win is the definition of insanity. With a first round win, you can hang your hat on that first round win but without it, how can a case be made to bring Dubas back?

Nobody has been able to answer that question, not in a meaningful way.

It is incredible hard to win a 7 game series. It takes a lot of luck and calls to go your way. What if Kadri never got suspended? What if Andersen stole a game 7? What if Muzzin never got injured, what if Tavares never got injured? What if Kerfoot doesn’t make a drop pass to Palat? What if a phantom call against Kampf doesn’t get called? What if Kerfoot doesn’t take a penalty two hundred feet from his net? What if Tavares goal counted?

I get where you are coming from and not trying to change your mind, entitled to your own opinions. I just disagree with the narrative that unless they win 1 round, that saves his job. I’m very comfortable with Dubas going forward.
oneX et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2022 à 12 h 52
Hakuna Matata

In general what Dangle said makes sense

As he said 2 things Leafs should go for is another scoring wing with bite to his game and a Dman like Muzzin (yes there is Benn but find someone better but who can play RD)

To me I think if they can get a wing with bite in his game like Konecney and maybe explore reuniting with a certain someone in Tampa could be fun
1 déc. 2022 à 13 h 39
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,187

Hard to say honestly. I’d probably sign him. Pretty much just see what onex said.
oneX a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2022 à 15 h 11
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 1 déc. 2022 à 16 h 4
Per Friedman

Leafs have made it clear to teams Knies is almost 100% untouchable (Most likely a team would have to offer someone on a stupid good deal and who is a star to get him)

They are keeping a spot and path open to him to show him that once his NCAA season is done he will play with them

As it seems management believes he can be a solution for left-shot scorer

Still

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Knies-Holmberg-Jarnkrok
ZAR-Kampf-Engvall

Not bad
Trickster a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2022 à 15 h 25
Amirov Forever
Per Friedman

Leafs have made it clear to teams Knies is almost 100% untouchable (Most likely a team would have to offer someone on a stupid good deal and who is a star to get him)

They are keeping a spot and path open to him to show him that once his NCAA season is done he will play with them

As it seems management believes he can be a solution for left-shot scorer

No Timo Meier frown
1 déc. 2022 à 15 h 41
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 1 déc. 2022 à 16 h 11
No Timo Meier frown

In general Meier is just to expensive long term Leafs got 4 expensive forwards so going for another guy that will cost 8.5mill is just not viable rn

Someone like Konecney, Bertuzzi or Garland who will cost 4.75-5.5mill is more viable as if u move on from kerfoot its 1.25-2mill diff in cap vs 5mill (if he signs 8.5mill x 8 years)

Unless we move on from Nylander its just to tricky money wise to have 5 expensive forwards on top of needing to extend other guys (Sandin, Liligren, Samsonov, etc)
1 déc. 2022 à 18 h 20
Hakuna Matata
Been very happy with the Samsonov/Murray redemption arc

Both to me have proven they can take the net and work hard to give us a win

Hopefully this continues and both can stay healthy

And Dubas start working on Samsonov's extension as I want this tandem back next year

SMILE GOD FOREVER
leafs101 et Trickster a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2022 à 21 h 39
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 1 déc. 2022 à 22 h 6
Man I see Accari in St. Louis and am always like what if

As apparently before Kubel he was the target

As 6 goals for a 4th liner aint bad and he brought some toughness
2 déc. 2022 à 12 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

This should give Robertson 7 games, really hope they give him that top 6 spot for the duration.
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 déc. 2022 à 12 h 43
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,754
Been very happy with the Samsonov/Murray redemption arc

Both to me have proven they can take the net and work hard to give us a win

Hopefully this continues and both can stay healthy

And Dubas start working on Samsonov's extension as I want this tandem back next year

SMILE GOD FOREVER

I have even liked Kallgren as well.
But what happens with him in your opinion if Samsonov is extended?
oneX a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage