SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Carolina Hurricanes signed Derek Stepan (1 Year / $750,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

11 oct. 2022 à 13 h 21
Derek Stepan has signed a new contract with the Carolina Hurricanes.
Contrat standard
Contrats comparablesCOMPARER CE CONTRAT
SIGNÉ PAR: Don Waddell
Durée: 1 an
Valeur: 750 000 $
Statut à l’échéance du contrat: UFA
% Cap Info-bulle: 0,91
Contrat signé avec: Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineHurricanes de la Caroline
Date de signature: 11 oct. 2022
Source: CapFriendly

Derek Stepan a signé un contrat de 1 ans d'une valeur de 750 000 $ avec les Hurricanes de la Caroline, le 11 oct. 2022. Le contrat comporte un cap hit de 750 000 $.

SAISONClauseCap hitInfo-bulleAAV Info-bulleBonis de performanceInfo-bulleBonis de signatureInfo-bulleSalaire de baseInfo-bulleSalaire totalInfo-bulleSalaire mineuresInfo-bulle
2022-23750 000 $750 000 $0 $0 $750 000 $750 000 $750 000 $
TOTAL750 000 $750 000 $0 $0 $750 000 $750 000 $750 000 $
11 oct. 2022 à 13 h 26
1-0 them
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,075
Sens legend
11 oct. 2022 à 13 h 30
FanOfAllTeams
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 296
Great deal
11 oct. 2022 à 13 h 31
FanOfAllTeams
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 296
Quoting: BlackwoodForVezina
Sens legend

No, Rangers Legend
Bob_Dole a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2022 à 13 h 35
Jones is Underpaid
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 939
League min for a year, next to no risk. Good deal.
11 oct. 2022 à 14 h 20
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,974
I watched countless terrible hockey players in Ottawa the last five years or so, but nobody came even remotely close to Stepan in terms of bad vibes. The trade was obviously terrible from the start, but I can't remember ever seeing a player so openly miserable about getting a chance to mentor a budding star like Tim Stützle. Truly terrible vibes, and I hope he gets absolutely no success in the little bit of career he has left. I'm a Derek Stepan hater til I die
NoVaSpartan, SlicedCheese, sensonfire and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2022 à 14 h 30
This is Jake
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 109
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
I watched countless terrible hockey players in Ottawa the last five years or so, but nobody came even remotely close to Stepan in terms of bad vibes. The trade was obviously terrible from the start, but I can't remember ever seeing a player so openly miserable about getting a chance to mentor a budding star like Tim Stützle. Truly terrible vibes, and I hope he gets absolutely no success in the little bit of career he has left. I'm a Derek Stepan hater til I die

Thats gotta be the most passion I have ever seen anyone display towards Derek Stepan.
NoVaSpartan, oilersguy, TroutJohnson and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2022 à 14 h 39
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,974
Quoting: Bob_Dole
Thats gotta be the most passion I have ever seen anyone display towards Derek Stepan.

I got no respect
11 oct. 2022 à 15 h 46
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,024

Dude jut wants to win, it's why everyone leaves Ottawa
ColonelX a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2022 à 16 h 29
Hawks Fan
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,648

Love the passion
11 oct. 2022 à 16 h 53
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044

What playing in Ottawa does to someone
11 oct. 2022 à 17 h 32
Canes hockey.
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 344
Great signing, had an amazing Preseason and he beat out Drury for the 4C. Hopefully he'l play a majority of the games this year
11 oct. 2022 à 20 h 50
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5

More Passion than Stephan has shown thoughout his entire career
Claesson4Norris a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2022 à 20 h 58
Mentions "j'aime": 565
Haters gotta hate. That's why they're haters. You be you!
11 oct. 2022 à 23 h 2
yotes own canada
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 746
Quoting: FanOfAllTeams
No, Rangers Legend

yotes legend
12 oct. 2022 à 1 h 2
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 705

Dude, right before the season he got traded from Arizona, where his family (wife + 2 kids) was, to a bad Senators team in a pandemic season where boarder travel wasn't a possibility. I wouldn't have blamed him for not even reporting, he didn't owe your team squat. God forbid the vibes were off because he missed his family, we all know how important the 2021 season was to the Ottawa Senators. You had guys being miserable just playing for Ottawa in regular seasons lmao, then factor in all that stuff.
12 oct. 2022 à 1 h 26
Quoting: SlicedCheese
More Passion than Stephan has shown thoughout his entire career

What is passion then ?
12 oct. 2022 à 10 h 40
Mentions "j'aime": 5
Quoting: BroadwayBlueshirts

One of his 4 highlights honouring his time was a Shootout. He is as hard to play against Hoffman.
12 oct. 2022 à 15 h 24
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 546

His attitude seemed ok in Carolina last season, accepting of his 4th-line/13th forward role. The difference I guess was that he chose to go there. (He seems to have been a victim of the old rule that a team trading for a player had the option to void his no-trade clause, so he had no say in where Arizona could send him.) The Ottawa experience must have been a bit of a reality check for him too, realizing that he’s no longer a top-6, $6M forward. Apparently he agreed to come back on a PTO because he really wanted to stay in Carolina, even if he ends up back in the press box again, though with Lorentz gone to San Jose and Kotkaniemi promoted to the 2nd line, Stepan should get into more games this season. I thought it might have been better to give the 4C job to Jack Drury, but I guess they think he’ll benefit more from playing 20 minutes per game in the AHL than 10 in the NHL.
12 oct. 2022 à 18 h 20
Quoting: SlicedCheese
One of his 4 highlights honouring his time was a Shootout. He is as hard to play against Hoffman.

It was a penalty shot in an outdoor game, but that wasn't the passion, pretty sure he cried after the tribute. But yeah go off. Did Hoffman get a video tribute for when his now wife said horrific things about a tragic event the team captain experienced?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage