Forums/Armchair-GM

A deal that helps the Leafs and Coyotes

Créé par: CapFriendlysFinest
Équipe: 2022-23 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 11 oct. 2022
Publié: 11 oct. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I feel like this is a likely deal at this point. It does not HAVE to be Arizona but I feel like they would benefit from having a player like Engvall this season. They also have more than enough picks to spare, letting a 4th go for someone who likely spends alot of time in the top 6-9 is great value.
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (ARI)
Détails additionnels:
Leafs get cap relief that allows not only Robertson to come up but also allows Lilly to play when coming back from LTIR without having to send bodies down. Engvall would likely have priced himself out of TO like many wingers who come here.
ARI
  1. Engvall, Pierre
Détails additionnels:
The Yotes get a player I feel like has the potential to break out this year with more playing time. He has the speed, size and decent shot were I believe he could be a 20 plus goal scorer in the NHL
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de ARI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2182 500 000 $82 367 913 $212 500 $0 $132 087 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
840 630 $840 630 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 2
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 oct. 2022 à 10 h 39
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 320
Teams pay for cap relief, they don't usually get picks back.

Why would Arizona who's in a rebuild help the leafs, Engvall likely won't stick around there.

Engvall and 4th for future considerations would be more likely.
11 oct. 2022 à 10 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 431
Quoting: KMMHL2012
Teams pay for cap relief, they don't usually get picks back.

Why would Arizona who's in a rebuild help the leafs, Engvall likely won't stick around there.

Engvall and 4th for future considerations would be more likely.

I understand the want for picks back for cap relief but this is more of a situation of getting better for both teams. Leafs don't need to move Engvall at all, Lilly is likely weeks away and makes a strong case to be a player the Leafs rely on for PK and possibly PP. He does not have a high cap hit for what he will likely produce making him a player of value, not a negative value. I hate this idea of every bad team HAS to get picks back for players. It is not true. Arizona is in a situation where Engvall immediately makes them better. This isnt a Ritche situation or a Marzek one where the Leafs are actively looking to move them because their bad. This is a situation that allows Arizona to get better at a cheap price for someone who likely plays on their top 6. If you were a rebuilding GM and someone said he would you like a young, speedy, large player who will likely play in your top 6 this season and onwards play in your top 9 for a 4th round pick, and you said no! I want picks back, the other GM just hangs up the phone.
Austerity et kingjrb92 a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2022 à 11 h 17
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 954
Quoting: CapFriendlysFinest
I understand the want for picks back for cap relief but this is more of a situation of getting better for both teams. Leafs don't need to move Engvall at all, Lilly is likely weeks away and makes a strong case to be a player the Leafs rely on for PK and possibly PP. He does not have a high cap hit for what he will likely produce making him a player of value, not a negative value. I hate this idea of every bad team HAS to get picks back for players. It is not true. Arizona is in a situation where Engvall immediately makes them better. This isnt a Ritche situation or a Marzek one where the Leafs are actively looking to move them because their bad. This is a situation that allows Arizona to get better at a cheap price for someone who likely plays on their top 6. If you were a rebuilding GM and someone said he would you like a young, speedy, large player who will likely play in your top 6 this season and onwards play in your top 9 for a 4th round pick, and you said no! I want picks back, the other GM just hangs up the phone.

Does AZ want to get better this year or do they want to suck and be much better 2-3 years from now.
CallingOutHomers a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2022 à 12 h 23
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207
Can never have too much depth, we don't know what Malgin will actually be. If Robertson wasn't waiver eligible I might agree but with injuries and the possibility that Malgin flops there's no reason for this move, Robertson will still probably play most of the season with the Leafs
11 oct. 2022 à 12 h 29

Quoting: Dan_the_Man
Does AZ want to get better this year or do they want to suck and be much better 2-3 years from now.

I think where you're missing the point of my post, you're assuming Arizona wants to get better.

What Dan the Man said, Arizona doesn't want to get better, they are in a Bedard contest with Chicago and Montreal.

if anything, they want to get worse, and they want draft picks to help stock the system for the future as they are going full rebuild, not re-tooling.
Dan_the_Man a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2022 à 13 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 431
Quoting: KMMHL2012
I think where you're missing the point of my post, you're assuming Arizona wants to get better.

What Dan the Man said, Arizona doesn't want to get better, they are in a Bedard contest with Chicago and Montreal.

if anything, they want to get worse, and they want draft picks to help stock the system for the future as they are going full rebuild, not re-tooling.

Completely fair, but I also think Arizona is by far the worst team this year and adding Engvall isn't going to push them over the edge from Montreal or Chicago. Arizona has one of the worst defence in the league and easily the worst goal-tending. I don't think adding a top 6/9 winger is going to push them light years ahead of either team.

On top of that, the NHL has gone out of there way to say if teams are intentionally tanking, they will be fined and stripped of their picks. I don't think Arizona would want to lose out on ANOTHER first round pick. However I do understand your side, Arizona could simply just say no, we don't want him and that's the end of that
11 oct. 2022 à 13 h 45
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 954
Completely fair, but I also think Arizona is by far the worst team this year and adding Engvall isn't going to push them over the edge from Montreal or Chicago. Arizona has one of the worst defence in the league and easily the worst goal-tending. I don't think adding a top 6/9 winger is going to push them light years ahead of either team.

On top of that, the NHL has gone out of there way to say if teams are intentionally tanking, they will be fined and stripped of their picks. I don't think Arizona would want to lose out on ANOTHER first round pick. However I do understand your side, Arizona could simply just say no, we don't want him and that's the end of that

Yeah that's a trade being refused that's not instigating a tank investigation.
11 oct. 2022 à 14 h 47

All a matter of time, if Chicago offloads Toews and Kane they have scraps left, and don't underestimate the tandem of Mrazek and Stalock, Chicago is pretty awful.

And the west is pretty weak outside the 9-10 teams, any of SJ, Chi, Ari can just isht the bed and be in last place pretty easily.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage