Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

8 oct. 2022 à 14 h 36
Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 349
Modifié 8 oct. 2022 à 14 h 45
This trade is more fair than a win for either team, will depend on who the 2nd turns out to be. The worst part has nothing to do with this trade but in paying a 3rd to aquire Dickinson and then moving a second out with him. But that doesnt really have anything to do with this specific trade. Nor does it have anything to do with the new management group. They've also had new addition Nils Aman pass Dickinson on the depth chart during camp.

Van deals a redundant forward from a position of depth to fill a position of need, and clears cap space this year and next. Cap space this year gives them flexibility with all the injuries they have, or to further improve the team. And gives them cap space to resign important players for next year.

Chicago takes on a cap dump and gets a second two years from now, a player that likely doesnt help them for 4-5 seasons.
8 oct. 2022 à 15 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 271
Dickinson was a huge disappointment last year, expected much more physical play from him, and it never materialized... he looked lost many nights.

Stillman may be a fine 3rd pairing dman with a physical edge (needed on the Canucks), but with Schenn, Burroughs and Wolanin all available, Im not sure that Stillman is that much of an upgrade on the 3rd pairing , and definitely NOT worth a 2nd round pick. If it was a 5th pick- okay, but the Canucks need all the prospects and high picks they can get- saving a little over 1mil for the next 2 seasons doesnt seem worth it- especially for a player who could rebound easily.
8 oct. 2022 à 15 h 9
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
Quoting: rollie1967
Dickinson was a huge disappointment last year, expected much more physical play from him, and it never materialized... he looked lost many nights.

Stillman may be a fine 3rd pairing dman with a physical edge (needed on the Canucks), but with Schenn, Burroughs and Wolanin all available, Im not sure that Stillman is that much of an upgrade on the 3rd pairing , and definitely NOT worth a 2nd round pick. If it was a 5th pick- okay, but the Canucks need all the prospects and high picks they can get- saving a little over 1mil for the next 2 seasons doesnt seem worth it- especially for a player who could rebound easily.

Wolanin got waived and Dickinson has never been a physical player
8 oct. 2022 à 15 h 38
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
Canucks gave up a pretty good pick to move a pretty small contract...
rollie1967 a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2022 à 16 h 40
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Not sure how that is relevant. The contract they gave to Kassian and ultimately unloaded was an unforced error

it is relevant because the Oilers got A LOT more value from Kassian then the Canucks got for Dickson
8 oct. 2022 à 18 h 34
Pete
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 162
what?? 2nd round pick for Stillman? Hawks are the (h)absolute winner here
8 oct. 2022 à 20 h 45
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,489
Quoting: MikeyG420
Moving up in the 1st round is expensive business. The difference between pick 29 and pick 32 is essentially viewed the same as a late 1st and an early 2nd (which usually requires a 3rd/4th to slide up).

To move Kassian, Edmonton gave up a 2nd, 3rd, a 3rd/4th(for sliding down in the draft) + only to select a player they could’ve had in the 2nd round. Meanwhile, had they kept pick 29, they could’ve drafted Brad Lambert or taken a flyer on a rare prospect such as Lamoureux. The asset management in Edmonton’s case was far more destructive to the future of their team than Vancouver’s

The Oilers were going to draft Schaefer at 29 or 32.. Doesn't matter what the other teams took. Oilers lost no value in swapping firsts. Oilers also couldn't have taken him in 2nd round because they traded that pick for Kulak and there's no way Schaefer would have fallen into the Oilers range in 2nd round even if they had their pick.
8 oct. 2022 à 21 h 43
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,131
Weird how I was told by many Nucks fans than Dickinson had actual value and was by no means a negative asset...
Devil a aimé ceci.
9 oct. 2022 à 0 h 5
TheRealKyleDavidson
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
Yes. He's part of the 34% to play 100 or more games. I could counter with "Boston's three 2015 first round draft picks" and try and claim draft picks are worthless.

But when judging a trade, you have to look at the odds and not pick the best or worst case scenario.

Yes. He's part of the 34% to play 100 or more games. I could counter with "Boston's three 2015 first round draft picks" and try and claim draft picks are worthless.

But when judging a trade, you have to look at the odds and not pick the best or worst case scenario.

Isn’t every part of a trade a risk tho? You don’t know how Dickinson will play under a new system and same with stillman. It’s a gamble and so are picks. Stillman could breakout or something and become a good player and so could Dickinson. Or maybe they just don’t pan out. Either way players are a risk too since they could suck after a change of scenery or breakout.
9 oct. 2022 à 2 h 41
Banni
Quoting: oilersguy
it is relevant because the Oilers got A LOT more value from Kassian then the Canucks got for Dickson

Again, that doesn't matter because the Oilers never won a cup when they had him on the team
9 oct. 2022 à 12 h 37
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 847
Quoting: HiddenValley
As you pick the best case scenario for your team….

I didn't. I literally used the odds based on over a decade of drafts.

What the hell?
9 oct. 2022 à 12 h 50
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 847
Quoting: budgeteam
Draft picks are a STORE OF VALUE. Teams cannot hoard players beyond a certain point due to waivers, and the salary cap. When a team can no longer keep a player, they trade them for a draft pick because draft picks are currency.

I get that, but this only happens, because people overvalue draft picks. This includes a lot GMs.

You mention waivers. The average player you can get in the 5th or later round is weaker than the average player you can get on waivers. 3rd or 4th is weaker than the average player you grab in FA for league min. If GMs understood this, then draft picks wouldn't be used as bargaining chips anymore.
Knuckl3s a aimé ceci.
10 oct. 2022 à 14 h 33
sen krak fan
Mentions "j'aime": 1,517
Wait, Chicago actually made a good trade!
11 oct. 2022 à 16 h 54
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
You were supposed to trade for Bear dammit
16 oct. 2022 à 9 h 27
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,582
Modifié 16 oct. 2022 à 9 h 33
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Again, just ONE year

One game doesn't make a trend, but he looked fast and effort was high. Doesn't hurt he got 3 points in 1 game for the Hawks too. You might be right here.
Why did he play soo poorly in VAN? Honest question as I didn't watch too many VAN games last year.
16 oct. 2022 à 12 h 48
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,693
It is what it is. In a vacuum, it shouldn't have cost a 2nd rounder to move out Dickenson's contract but the situation inflated the cost. Van waited a little too long to fix their cap situation ahead of the season and they basically forced themselves to sell at rock bottom for Dickenson. Its not ideal but in the rand scheme of things is a small blip in the road.

Any time a team has to pay to shed salary, they lose the trade. Its that simple. The key is to keep those types of trades to smaller deals with low chances of biting you in the butt unlike the Marleau for Jarvis deal a while back.
16 oct. 2022 à 21 h 34
Banni
Quoting: exo2769
One game doesn't make a trend, but he looked fast and effort was high. Doesn't hurt he got 3 points in 1 game for the Hawks too. You might be right here.
Why did he play soo poorly in VAN? Honest question as I didn't watch too many VAN games last year.

I think the main reason for his struggles was getting acclimated to another system. Being a defensive minded player, he thrived under Bowness's system in Dallas which emphasized playing a more passive game and getting sticks in lanes to break up passes, where as in Vancouver, forwards are asked to play more up tempo, which warrants soliciting some more offensive tools, which Dickinson doesn't really have. It makes sense that Chicago would be a better fit for Dickinson since they're not trying to play as up tempo or make as direct of an effort to create quality scoring chances, so frankly, this doesn't surprise me one bit. If anything, maybe Dickinson will hinder Chicago's odds at landing Bedard if he stays this productive, I'll sign up for that awesome face Winking with Tongue Out cool sarcasm
29 oct. 2022 à 12 h 22
the great one
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 65
already HUGE chicago Dub
29 oct. 2022 à 18 h 38
Banni
Quoting: F50marco
It is what it is. In a vacuum, it shouldn't have cost a 2nd rounder to move out Dickenson's contract but the situation inflated the cost. Van waited a little too long to fix their cap situation ahead of the season and they basically forced themselves to sell at rock bottom for Dickenson. Its not ideal but in the rand scheme of things is a small blip in the road.

Any time a team has to pay to shed salary, they lose the trade. Its that simple. The key is to keep those types of trades to smaller deals with low chances of biting you in the butt unlike the Marleau for Jarvis deal a while back.

It always was gonna cost that price to dump him
11 mai 2023 à 13 h 33
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
Quoting: IconicHawk
Thanks for Bedard Vancouver!

lol
IconicHawk, Saskleaf et Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2023 à 13 h 34
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
Thanks for Bedard Vancouver!

I never knew this quote would age so well
oilersguy, Saskleaf et Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2023 à 2 h 1
Banni
I never knew this quote would age so well

It didn't, it's just a joke

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation