SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #2: Electric Boogaloo

3 oct. 2022 à 16 h 28
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Quoting: aadoyle
Bahl is waiver exempt and POJ has some chemistry with Marino. I could see it working out well for both sides. Yes it means Pitt has to waive either Archibald or Poeheling but they might look into it

As then in 2023 once Graves leaves Bahl can be NJ third pair Dman

Poehling isn't much of a loss TBH. He doesn't use his size to his advantage and he's not fast enough to cover up his other deficiencies. Maybe Pittsburgh can scrap something out of him, but that's why Hughes pretty much dumped him.
3 oct. 2022 à 16 h 29
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Quoting: MatthewsFan
True but like the Leafs I could see NJD prioritizing the guys who can't pass through waivers over the younger and potentially better player.

All of Holtz, Foote, and Thompson do not require waivers. The battle for Zetterlund will come down to Johnsson's health and Nathan Bastian

Holtz has looked great on Hughes wing, I can’t see them sending him down. Time will tell.

IMO they’ll risk losing Zetterlund if Holtz continues to play like he has so far in camp
3 oct. 2022 à 16 h 29
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
They really do. Y'know who I was pretty baffled they didn't QO; Rubins. I thought he was a perfectly serviceable call-up. Just kinda came in and played a pretty unnoticeable game (in a good way).

They have Kasper Larsen on a PTO with the Mariles, someone who I am intrigued by, but absolutely very surprised they let Rubins go. Let spent a lot of time developing him from the ECHL to the AHL. He always looked really good when he player in international competitions I thought he would be at least a serviceable 7th-8th D in the NHL. OTT's gain I guess
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
3 oct. 2022 à 16 h 36
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Josi has scored twice playing in his home country. Great stuff!
3 oct. 2022 à 16 h 38
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
Modifié 3 oct. 2022 à 16 h 48
True but like the Leafs I could see NJD prioritizing the guys who can't pass through waivers over the younger and potentially better player.

All of Holtz, Foote, and Thompson do not require waivers. The battle for Zetterlund will come down to Johnsson's health and Nathan Bastian

Quoting: Db1899
Holtz has looked great on Hughes wing, I can’t see them sending him down. Time will tell.

IMO they’ll risk losing Zetterlund if Holtz continues to play like he has so far in camp

If Holtz is looking like he deserves a spot, I think he gets it. His contract won't slide again and he's too big a piece of their future to risk mishandling - not saying Holtz would be like this, but players can hold a grudge over stuff like that.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
3 oct. 2022 à 16 h 45
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
If OTT wasn't desperate for Chychrun before, they certainly are now.

They gotta just say **** it.

Chychrun with OTT is meant to be - they're screaming for a guy whos actually good on the backend (to put with Chabot and Zub)
MatthewsFan et csick a aimé ceci.
3 oct. 2022 à 17 h 10
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Is NJD actually going to waive him? After losing Studenic for nothing I would be surprised to see him go to. But yes, there is some nice potential there.

Agreed, Leafs need some depth D options

If the Devils keep Geertsen over Zetterlund, Im converting to a Flyers fan
3 oct. 2022 à 17 h 14
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291
Quoting: Devil
If the Devils keep Geertsen over Zetterlund, Im converting to a Flyers fan

That’s a downgrade lol, at least go to a team with players who can play against men like NYR
capsfan2121, oilersguy, zk97 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
3 oct. 2022 à 17 h 16
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,165
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
That’s a downgrade lol, at least go to a team with players who can play against men like NYR

W response.
3 oct. 2022 à 17 h 35
Alex Bump Truther
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,572
Quoting: capsfan2121
L response.

Agreed
3 oct. 2022 à 17 h 39
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Not gonna lie its kind of a bullet dodged for Toronto not to have traded for Talbot as man the panic would be real as our tandem to start would be Samsonov/Kallgren and that could have been costly. As if Sammy struggled I dont think Kallgren would be considered a long term kind of solution guy. Also would have made Campbell going look even worse

Either way though it sucks for Talbot poor guy, had something to prove and now its gonna be delayed. And by the time hes back he could be once again seeing the 1b job behind Forsberg something he really was not wanting considering what we heard in Minnesota

You really don’t have to twist yourself so badly to try and justify the Murray deal being good for Toronto. It was not.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 oct. 2022 à 17 h 40
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Alfie11
You really don’t have to twist yourself so badly to try and justify the Murray deal being good for Toronto. It was not.

They got the idea of there true starter, plus two picks.

Like the risto deal. They payed for the idea.
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
3 oct. 2022 à 17 h 42
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
This'll probably be irrelevant, but just figured I'd share it, just in case:

Nick Robertson is not eligible for the Calder, but some betting sites have him listed as an option. So if it looks like he's gonna start in the Leafs top 6 and you think it might be worth putting some money down on him... don't.
MatthewsFan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
3 oct. 2022 à 18 h 4
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
So both my teams claimed a 6’6” guy today.

Zohorna seems like Brett Ritchie only bigger. I think his NHL sample size is too small to do much with, and his half point per game AHL production doesn’t scream 3rd liner. He also doesn’t PK, which makes the Ritchie comparison better, just big and there, although Zohorna isn’t even that physical. I maybe wouldn’t mind him at 4LW in a pinch, but we have Lucic for that, and ideally he’d be like a 14th forward. My worry is this means the plan is to run Lucic in the top 9, which would suck. We have too many guys I don’t want in the lineup (Ritchie, Eakin, Rooney, Zohorna) and guys like Lucic and Lewis should be exclusively 4th liners. I’m very disappointed they didn’t give Phillips a shot, and Ruzicka better not get waived, because he’s probably our 9th best forward and we will lose him.

Hellberg is a good bet for Ottawa with Talbot on the shelf. Most importantly it means we don’t have to rush Sogaard and stifle his development by having him sit on the bench most nights, he can go get AHL starter minutes (and Mandolese just isn’t that good unfortunately). Hellberg is 4 inches bigger than Fucale, which is always nice for a goalie, and has spent the last half decade dominating the KHL, while Fucale struggled in the AHL last year, so it’s reasonable that he was the guy picked to be the stop-gap. Better than Jonas Johansson for sure lol. Hopefully he can be a serviceable backup in the short term, he seems like he has solid #3 upside at least, we’ll probably only use him a half dozen time anyway, Forsberg is gonna be ridden heavily. If we manage to slip him through waivers when Talbot’s healthy again, he’d be a good tandem guy for Sogaard in the AHL, intimidating af lol. Also he always has a dope as hell setup, his pad designs go crazy
3 oct. 2022 à 18 h 14
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

The only bad thing about the Murray deal was the Leafs not extracting a higher pick/prospect or more retention (or a 3rd team to retain) in the deal. I don’t mind the gamble on a guy who has won two cups. Goalies are voodoo
aadoyle, Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
3 oct. 2022 à 18 h 26
Tintin over 1122
im in shambles
3 oct. 2022 à 19 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Modifié 3 oct. 2022 à 20 h 30

Well Murray is healthy Talbot is not and if Murray figures it out and puts up good numbers its a Toronto W. And if he doesnt we paid nothing for him so its still technically a W

Either way its a better situation then not having a 1b for 7 weeks
3 oct. 2022 à 19 h 15
Hakuna Matata
The only bad thing about the Murray deal was the Leafs not extracting a higher pick/prospect or more retention (or a 3rd team to retain) in the deal. I don’t mind the gamble on a guy who has won two cups. Goalies are voodoo

As Dangle quotes

"Goalies are Silly Geese"

But yeah I agree should have asked for a 2nd and 4th but whateves we got a free goalie with rebound potential thats all that was needed as if any team can probs rebound him its Toronto as all his old coaches and mentors are there.

And in general if we finished 4th in the NHL with below avg goaltending wonder if we finish at pres trophy level with avg goaltending lul
3 oct. 2022 à 19 h 18
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152

I still think that it would have been a smarter bet to go with someone like Kuemper, a more proven option if you will. But Murray is growing on me.
3 oct. 2022 à 19 h 22
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426

Zetterlund could get a 4th line spot

Holtz-Hughes-Palat
Sharangovich-Hischier-Bratt
Tatar-Haula-Mercer
Wood-McLeod/Zetterlund-Bastian-Johnsson

Zetterlund could take Mcleod's spot after McLeod's disappointing year and Team Canada stuff
3 oct. 2022 à 19 h 22
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 3 oct. 2022 à 19 h 27
Quoting: Saskleaf
I still think that it would have been a smarter bet to go with someone like Kuemper, a more proven option if you will. But Murray is growing on me.

I dont like the risk. Kuemper is 32 and we have no idea how well hes gonna age. He could turn into Bob or Gru 2.0

AKA 5mill x 5 years of pain (JC could have also been applied).

2 years of Murray is more tolerable as if hes bad this year pay to move him as 1 year is easier to move than 4. As if Kuemper of Campbell were bad man it would have been a headache for management and the fans.

If Im going for an older goalie Connor Hellybuyck is the guy I would risk as his style should age well. But honestly an man NYI fans gonna hate me I would look into Sorokin as I believe hes a UFA in 2 years
3 oct. 2022 à 19 h 22
Tintin over 1122
I dont like the risk. Kuemper is 32 and we have no idea how well hes gonna age. He could turn into Bob or Gru 2.0

neutral
3 oct. 2022 à 19 h 27

AKA 5mill x 5 years of pain (JC could have also been applied).

2 years of Murray is more tolerable as if hes bad this year pay to move him. As if Kuemper of Campbell were bad man it would have been a headache for management and the fans

If Im going for an older goalie Connor Hellybuyck is the guy I would risk as his style should age well. But honestly an man NYI fans gonna hate me I would look into Sorokin as I believe hes a UFA in 2 years

You could look into Sorokin but Toronto wouldn’t pay the price to acquire him. I wouldn’t mind trading Sorokin if the price is right.
3 oct. 2022 à 19 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 3 oct. 2022 à 19 h 43
You could look into Sorokin but Toronto wouldn’t pay the price to acquire him. I wouldn’t mind trading Sorokin if the price is right.

Isnt he a UFA though I would give a 2nd for his rights the only question is how much the cap goes up as AM also needs a deal lul

Like Sorokin probs gonna command 8mill-10mill if he hits open market

But hey if at the 2023 TDL if Sorokin is available and Murray is hurt or struggling (also apply to Sammy) go for it 2 1sts and one of our big guys besides Knies (Dubas seems to want him to stay) for 50% ret Sorokin would be intriguing
3 oct. 2022 à 19 h 59
Isnt he a UFA though I would give a 2nd for his rights the only question is how much the cap goes up as AM also needs a deal lul

Like Sorokin probs gonna command 8mill-10mill if he hits open market

But hey if at the 2023 TDL if Sorokin is available and Murray is hurt or struggling (also apply to Sammy) go for it 2 1sts and one of our big guys besides Knies (Dubas seems to want him to stay) for 50% ret Sorokin would be intriguing

Yeah I’m talking about a trade. I can’t see the isles letting him walk. He’ll either sign or be traded by the 2024 deadline

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage