Forums/Armchair-GM

Based on the Preseason So Far

Créé par: Mr_Gardoki
Équipe: 2022-23 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 1 oct. 2022
Publié: 1 oct. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The DET trade was just something to throw together. I'd trade Ty Smith for forward prospect who also may need a different team to get a chance on.

I think Zohorna has stood out the best amongst forwards chasing a spot.
Transactions
PIT
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (ANA)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de NJD
Logo de ANA
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de FLA
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $76 810 592 $0 $0 $5 689 408 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 2
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
UFA - 3
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 oct. 2022 à 10 h 4
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,009
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
Except that Friedman is blooming. He was looking better and better as he played. Fringe players like him have to work harder to get noticed and even in this pre-season he's look even better. He moves the puck well, defends well, has a good shot, plays physical and even passes well.

Sure, giving someone like Smith a chance to develop is great, but this team isn't in the waiting business right now. They're in the winning business and even Hextall and Sullivan have said, they're making decisions based on which players give them the best chance of winning. Right now? That's not Smith until he proves otherwise. He has a couple more games to earn his keep, but my bet is POJ gets shipped out and Smith gets sent down if he doesn't show any improvement in the next couple of games.

I fully agree - it's not in the waiting business. So why wait on Friedman to possibly bloom when you already have a proven NHL defender in Smith who is already better and with way higher upside? Or Ruhwedel who had a fantastic season last year and has already proven himself? Even POJ has shown to be just as good as Friedman at the NHL level in both of their brief stints. If the team needs to win now we shouldn't be handing out starting spots to players in hopes that they might blossom out of nowhere.

I'm just confused as to how trading Smith and POJ and playing Friedman helps the team win now in any way? It's not like you are trading them for another player who will start. It's almost like trading your 2 top young defenseman - one who is arguably as good as Friedman and one who definitely is - for nothing to start Mark Friedman. I just don't see any logic there. Again, it's nothing against Friedman, I'm just not understanding the rationale behind the move.
4 oct. 2022 à 11 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,536
Quoting: JSEB93
I fully agree - it's not in the waiting business. So why wait on Friedman to possibly bloom when you already have a proven NHL defender in Smith who is already better and with way higher upside? Or Ruhwedel who had a fantastic season last year and has already proven himself? Even POJ has shown to be just as good as Friedman at the NHL level in both of their brief stints. If the team needs to win now we shouldn't be handing out starting spots to players in hopes that they might blossom out of nowhere.

I'm just confused as to how trading Smith and POJ and playing Friedman helps the team win now in any way? It's not like you are trading them for another player who will start. It's almost like trading your 2 top young defenseman - one who is arguably as good as Friedman and one who definitely is - for nothing to start Mark Friedman. I just don't see any logic there. Again, it's nothing against Friedman, I'm just not understanding the rationale behind the move.

This is where we disagree I guess and I know I'm being a dick right now, but I think you're looking at the draft positions/pedigree and not the actual play. Friedman has been wayyyyyy better than Smith and POJ and I'm not sure what you've seen to come to the conclusion the either of those players has been better than Friedman.

Seravalli has already reported POJ has been offered to every single team.
4 oct. 2022 à 11 h 36
This is where we disagree I guess and I know I'm being a dick right now, but I think you're looking at the draft positions/pedigree and not the actual play. Friedman has been wayyyyyy better than Smith and POJ and I'm not sure what you've seen to come to the conclusion the either of those players has been better than Friedman.

Seravalli has already reported POJ has been offered to every single team.

You're good man - it's just a friendly discussion haha - at least I hope you're taking i that way too. I'm not looking at draft positions at all - and really not pedigree either. Although that does matter, especially for young players.

I can't speak for Smith as I don't watch Devils games outside of when they play the Pens, but the numbers speak for themselves on his part. What he's done on an awful Devils team is pretty encouraging - and can very much prove as evidence that he's already better than Friedman. Friedman put up middling numbers in sheltered minutes with high offensive zone starts on an amazing team. You can't say Friedman is wayyyyy better than Smith. That's just not living in reality.

I can speak on POJ and Freidman as I've watched all their games - and Friedman is not wayyyyyy better than POJ. At worst they're basically equal - and I would give the edge to the younger guy who's also a lefty and has higher upside. I'm starting to think I ran into a Friedman burner account haha
4 oct. 2022 à 12 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Banni
You're good man - it's just a friendly discussion haha - at least I hope you're taking i that way too. I'm not looking at draft positions at all - and really not pedigree either. Although that does matter, especially for young players.

I can't speak for Smith as I don't watch Devils games outside of when they play the Pens, but the numbers speak for themselves on his part. What he's done on an awful Devils team is pretty encouraging - and can very much prove as evidence that he's already better than Friedman. Friedman put up middling numbers in sheltered minutes with high offensive zone starts on an amazing team. You can't say Friedman is wayyyyy better than Smith. That's just not living in reality.

I can speak on POJ and Freidman as I've watched all their games - and Friedman is not wayyyyyy better than POJ. At worst they're basically equal - and I would give the edge to the younger guy who's also a lefty and has higher upside. I'm starting to think I ran into a Friedman burner account haha

I mean not taking it badly lol

I'm still not sure what you're basing all this off of. Friedman is better in every aspect of the game than POJ. POJ is just not good at anything. He had one little flash when he had his little stint, but he could never replicate that. He's just not good. Ruhwedel and Friedman are better dmen than POJ. I thought POJ was actually worse than most of the other rookies so far in pre-season.

When it comes to Smith, yeah, he's got more offense to his game, but Friedman has a far more well-rounded player.
4 oct. 2022 à 12 h 52
Modifié 4 oct. 2022 à 13 h 2
I mean not taking it badly lol

I'm still not sure what you're basing all this off of. Friedman is better in every aspect of the game than POJ. POJ is just not good at anything. He had one little flash when he had his little stint, but he could never replicate that. He's just not good. Ruhwedel and Friedman are better dmen than POJ. I thought POJ was actually worse than most of the other rookies so far in pre-season.

When it comes to Smith, yeah, he's got more offense to his game, but Friedman has a far more well-rounded player.

And I'm not sure what you're basing this all off of haha. You're talking about Friedman as if he's Victor Hedman. I explained what I was basing it off of. Friedman put up middling numbers in sheltered minutes on a great team with high offensive zone starts. The only thing Friedman objectively brings to the table more than POJ and Smith is grit and penalty minutes.

Just outright saying POJ is not good and Friedman is doesn't make any sense. You can't have these players that far apart with that much confidence. Neither does saying Friedman is far better than Smith. I don't even think the conversation can be had to play Friedman over Smith, or say he's better than Smith. Smith was amazing his rookie year and a large chunk of his issues last year can be attributed to playing on an awful team and lugging around the corpse of PK Subban. If you want to make an argument Friedman over POJ I'll at least listen and don't think it's an easy decision either way - but at the end of the day Friedman doesn't give you any better of a chance to win now than POJ does - so I'll take the younger lefty with higher upside.
4 oct. 2022 à 13 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Banni
And I'm not sure what you're basing this all off of haha. You're talking about Friedman as if he's Victor Hedman. I explained what I was basing it off of. Friedman put up middling numbers in sheltered minutes on a great team with high offensive zone starts. The only thing Friedman objectively brings to the table more than POJ and Smith is grit and penalty minutes.

Just outright saying POJ is not good and Friedman is doesn't make any sense. You can't have these players that far apart with that much confidence. Neither does saying Friedman is far better than Smith. I don't even think the conversation can be had to play Friedman over Smith, or say he's better than Smith. Smith was amazing his rookie year and a large chunk of his issues last year can be attributed to playing on an awful team and lugging around the corpse of PK Subban. If you want to make an argument Friedman over POJ I'll at least listen and don't think it's an easy decision either way - but at the end of the day Friedman doesn't give you any better of a chance to win now than POJ does - so I'll take the younger lefty with higher upside.

Saying Friedman is better than POJ and Smith, or that he's a legit 3rd pairing dman is far from calling him Victor Hedman lol. Here's some valid stats for you. Friedman is a more well-rounded dman than the others.

Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-1-22-35-PM">
Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-1-23-18-PM">
4 oct. 2022 à 13 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Banni
And I'm not sure what you're basing this all off of haha..

I screwed up. Here's POJ.

<a href=Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-1-24-11-PM">
4 oct. 2022 à 14 h 43
Modifié 4 oct. 2022 à 14 h 52
Saying Friedman is better than POJ and Smith, or that he's a legit 3rd pairing dman is far from calling him Victor Hedman lol. Here's some valid stats for you. Friedman is a more well-rounded dman than the others.

Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-1-22-35-PM">
Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-1-23-18-PM">

Yep that's it you got me. Mark Friedman is better than 98% of defenseman in the national hockey league overall lol. Powered by that legendary offense that saw him 8th on his own team in Corsi% and shot SF%, 6th in GF/60, 4th in G/60 and 6th in A/60 - all while having the highest percentage of offensive zone starts on the team. He's actually significantly better than Letang - so bringing him back was a mistake. We should have spent that money elsewhere and put Friedman up there as his replacement. Ruhwedel and Marino are actually better than Letang too. The right side should be Friedman, Ruhwedel, Marino in that order.

And Kapanen and Heinen are better than Barzal - and significantly better than Rakell. Malkin is better than Crosby too.
4 oct. 2022 à 14 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Yep that's it you got me. Mark Friedman is better than 98% of defenseman in the national hockey league overall lol. Powered by that legendary offense that saw him 8th on his own team in Corsi% and shot SF%, 6th in GF/60, 4th in G/60 and 6th in A/60 - all while having the highest percentage of offensive zone starts on the team. He's actually significantly better than Letang - so bringing him back was a mistake. We should have spent that money elsewhere and put Friedman up there as his replacement. Ruhwedel and Marino are actually better than Letang too. The right side should be Friedman, Ruhwedel, Marino in that order.

And Kapanen and Heinen are better than Barzal - and significantly better than Rakell. Malkin is better than Crosby too.

See, this is why these discussions go nowhere. People have their opinions, say you base it on nothing, then give them stats and that stats aren't real. Enjoy your day!
4 oct. 2022 à 15 h 10
Modifié 4 oct. 2022 à 15 h 19
See, this is why these discussions go nowhere. People have their opinions, say you base it on nothing, then give them stats and that stats aren't real. Enjoy your day!

Well, first off, these aren't really stats. These are subjective metrics based on actual stats and play - as I clearly pointed out have issues. Why are his "stats" valid but mine aren't?

Secondly, I never even said they were wrong. I just pointed out if these cards are accurate, then you need to stand by them. If these are valid stats that you base your argument on - then you should be able to use them for everybody. So I say Friedman is a top 5 defender in the NHL and is significantly better than Letang so he should be on the top pair. Ruhwedel and Petry are also better than Letang, so Letang should be benched. Rakell should be moved to the third line, as Heinen and Kapanen are significantly better than him. They're even better than the newly signed 9mil AAV Barzal, as well as other top FA like Trocheck and Copp.

My point was just that you can't use these cards only when it fist you argument

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage