SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Detroit Red Wings

Red Wings fans HELP

28 sept. 2022 à 18 h 42
d4rk1ll4
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 29
Hey ! I'm doing my preparation for some hockey pools. I'm a habs fan, but I want to know the other teams better. I have some questions :

1. Where will Detroit finish in the ranking?

2. What will most likely be the PP?

3. Who is likely to have a breakout year or who will surprise in terms of point production? Who is advantaged by the line combinations?

4. Who is likely to have a bad year in point production?

5. How many games each goalie is likely to play?
28 sept. 2022 à 19 h 13
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,251
1. Where will Detroit finish in the ranking?
Detroit will most likely finish between 6-7(EDITED - IN THE ATLANTIC), with an outside chance of sneaking up to 5.

2. What will most likely be the PP?
PP1- Larkin-Perron-Raymond-Vrana-Seider
PP2- Bert-Copp-Kubalik-Hronek- (ZorRas)

3. Who is likely to have a breakout year or who will surprise in terms of point production? Who is advantaged by the line combinations?
Vrana puts up 30+ and finally has a healthy season (BREAKOUT). Zadina finally hits his stride and turns into secondary offensive weapon (still not filling the nets of the 5 teams that passed on him), but more to what was expected as the number 6 pick (SURPRISE). Vrana also benefits by getting to play with Copp-Perron, and also has a shot to play with Larkin-Razor. Several other reasons he will benefit this season.

4. Who is likely to have a bad year in point production?
Hard to say individually as there are so many solid new pieces that can be scattered through the lineup. Hronek could see a dip as he did last season, although he has a perfect d pairing that could allow him to take some chances. Perron to his standards could see a drop off as at some point age will play a role. The top six could balance out the scoring from last season that was completely on Larkin-Ray-Bert-Vrana.

5. How many games each goalie is likely to play?
59%-39-2%%. Initially Ned, but I could see a scenario where Husso takes over and gets the extra games. Injuries/possible experiment/hotorcoldstreaks
28 sept. 2022 à 21 h 22
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 197
1. Ranking finish
In a predictable world Tampa, Florida, Toronto take the top 3 spots. Then Boston & Ottawa battling for the next 2 spots. Detroit fighting right behind that but anything can happen.

2. PowerPlay lines
I'm not sure. CoachCoach's PP lines seem reasonable. I'm excited to see how Detroit PP looks. Will they go with 1 defenseman PPs and leave a young D as the last man back?

3. Breakout prediction
Vrana is overdue to have a breakout year. I'd also say Kubalik could have an over expectation type of year & I kind of expect one or both of the goalies to play above expected this year.
Husso had solid stats last year & Ned will be playing behind better defense and a lot better team overall compared to last year.

4. Slumping players
I have this bad feeling Raymond will have a sophomore slump but he trained hard in the offseason. I don't wish it upon him I just think it could happen.
Other than that perhaps a new signing who gets injured or can't find chemistry.

5. Goaltender split
55/45 I hope depending on the hot hand. I'm excited that Detroit has a real 1A/1B situation because it has felt like a 1/backup situation for a while now.
29 sept. 2022 à 10 h 48
Wingsfan92
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 164
1. Where will Detroit finish in the ranking?..... probably around 4-6 in the atlantic

2. What will most likely be the PP? pp will be betrer but not great this year

3. Who is likely to have a breakout year or who will surprise in terms of point production? Who is advantaged by the line combinations? Zadina is likley going to increase in points

4. Who is likely to have a bad year in point production? probably kubalik with him playing on the third line

5. How many games each goalie is likely to play? 60/40 in favor of husso

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage