SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Florida Panthers signed Spencer Knight (3 Years / $4,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

27 sept. 2022 à 13 h 4
ej15 BYATCH
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 236
Bobrovsky is gone thats what this tells me
Brian2016 et Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
27 sept. 2022 à 13 h 43
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Bob buyout before this deal expires, right?
Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
27 sept. 2022 à 13 h 44
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,429
Stop predicting Bobrovsky imminent departure, this deal only starts in 2023.
27 sept. 2022 à 13 h 45
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,267
Weird contract. He was bad in the NHL last year and they're already paying Bob to be their starter.
PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
27 sept. 2022 à 13 h 53
Jones is Underpaid
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 939
Good deal if he manages to break out, and it's fine by itself, but the Bob contract is going to be a nightmare to get rid of, if they want him to be the starter.
27 sept. 2022 à 14 h 31
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 465
Thank you FLA for skewing the goalie market for the Bruins next Offseason when J Sway needs a new deal..😒
27 sept. 2022 à 14 h 47
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,981
I think it'll ultimately be a fine deal, but insane that he got this contract given is limited body of work.
27 sept. 2022 à 14 h 59
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
I wonder how much of this deal is the Panthers tipping their hand with Knight:

"We don't even want to entertain RFA discussions because of our financial situation and how Oettinger reinvented the market this summer. Here's more than your market value now play up to it."

I'm almost willing to wager this move as 3D Chess from Zito: if Knight goes supernova this season and/or Bobrovsky cements himself as a boat anchor, the Panthers are beyond royally screwed in regards to their future finances. This isn't a cap team but they've been spending like one for a couple seasons now, would they have the money for Spencer in 6 month's time? Can't tell.

If you're going to make a bad bet on a young player, it's better to do so on your own kids. This one probably ages better as Spence takes more and more of Bob's starts.
toque a aimé ceci.
27 sept. 2022 à 16 h 2
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 17
Bob is 34 right now and with the way he plays it's not like he can play 60-70% of games for four more years. This is a good signing for a budding star in net who will absolutely get a chance to prove himself if Bobvrosky goes down with an injury. From what I've seen Knight has the chance to be a top 5 goalie by the end of this contract.
SoFlaSooner a aimé ceci.
27 sept. 2022 à 16 h 9
Majors and minors
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 44
Regardless of the poll and the volume of dollars spent on Knight, I'm looking to try and get ahold of Mr Levi and his contract as cheap as possible.
27 sept. 2022 à 17 h 46
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 44
I like this contract and I think he will play well enough to change a lot of options on here of people that don’t.
27 sept. 2022 à 18 h 5
couldnt afford 2nd t
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 431
Quoting: evanjoos34

I think it is the opposite.

They know there is a good chance they are stuck with Bobrovsky. They signed Knight to a contract that mirrors the term of Bobrovsky, because they don't want to get caught with Knight having a great season, and pricing himself out of Florida. They overpaid for cost certainty.

The goalie free agent market is very rough. So if they lose Knight, they aren't getting a replacement that way.

If they didn't have Bobrovsky under contract, there would have been no urgency to cost control Knight.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
27 sept. 2022 à 18 h 26
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
This seems a really unnecessary deal. Its a year early so there was no rush. They signed him gor a contract that very good young goalies get and he has been essentially okay. He was great in like 6 games in his first year and meh at best his second.

Unless he steals the crease with a 930 in like 55+ games this deal will AT BEST be okay. I just don't see the upside
SlavaDark a aimé ceci.
27 sept. 2022 à 19 h 12
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 535
If there was a fair option I would pick. Hasn't proven he deserves this yet, but it's a really good deal if he can prove it this year
27 sept. 2022 à 19 h 18
couldnt afford 2nd t
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 431
Quoting: BCAPP
This seems a really unnecessary deal. Its a year early so there was no rush. They signed him gor a contract that very good young goalies get and he has been essentially okay. He was great in like 6 games in his first year and meh at best his second.

Unless he steals the crease with a 930 in like 55+ games this deal will AT BEST be okay. I just don't see the upside

If he has a .930 over 55+ games next season, he is asking for a long term deal at 7-8 million. Which means Florida loses him.

Oettinger just got 4M off of 77 career regular season games and a very strong 7 game playoff run.

I think the reason Florida signed this contract was because even if the odds dictate that Knight will cost less on a 3 year bridge if they wait 1 year, they aren't in a position where they can afford to gamble on the smaller chance that he breaks out as a starter and they cannot keep him. Next off season is going to be similar to this one, there won't be many options available in free agency or trade for teams needing goalies. The Panthers simply can't risk Knight having a strong season and pricing himself out of Florida. Then they are stuck with a declining Bobrovsky, no plan B, and no real replacement in net.

They overpaid by 1M to avoid a worst case scenario. They were dealing from a position of weakness because of how the Bobrovsky contract handcuffed them.
28 sept. 2022 à 0 h 3
BigMeech
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 348
Quoting: evanjoos34

next year if so
28 sept. 2022 à 2 h 3
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 854
HE WAS IN THE AHL LAST YEAR.

That's how short his resume is.

This is far too large a risk.
28 sept. 2022 à 11 h 8
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 13
Quoting: budgeteam
If he has a .930 over 55+ games next season, he is asking for a long term deal at 7-8 million. Which means Florida loses him.

Oettinger just got 4M off of 77 career regular season games and a very strong 7 game playoff run.

I think the reason Florida signed this contract was because even if the odds dictate that Knight will cost less on a 3 year bridge if they wait 1 year, they aren't in a position where they can afford to gamble on the smaller chance that he breaks out as a starter and they cannot keep him. Next off season is going to be similar to this one, there won't be many options available in free agency or trade for teams needing goalies. The Panthers simply can't risk Knight having a strong season and pricing himself out of Florida. Then they are stuck with a declining Bobrovsky, no plan B, and no real replacement in net.

They overpaid by 1M to avoid a worst case scenario. They were dealing from a position of weakness because of how the Bobrovsky contract handcuffed them.

Thing is... he can't overprice himself, he would have been a RFA next season without Arbitration rights. And even if he would have like 94% save percentage he would get like 5,5M from the open market... So Still. No point of making this deal now
SlavaDark a aimé ceci.
28 sept. 2022 à 20 h 14
Let's go Pens!
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 382
14.5M for 2 goalies? 4.5M for an unproven goalie? That really HURTS.
28 sept. 2022 à 23 h 8
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 686
How did he get more than Oettinger lmao
30 sept. 2022 à 10 h 25
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12
Quoting: CoraStorm
Regardless of the poll and the volume of dollars spent on Knight, I'm looking to try and get ahold of Mr Levi and his contract as cheap as possible.

well, you'll need to give Buffalo a call, then...
14 oct. 2023 à 11 h 10
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 854
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
HE WAS IN THE AHL LAST YEAR.

That's how short his resume is.

This is far too large a risk.

HE'S BACK IN THE AHL!!!

Apparently, he's the highest paid AHL player of all time.

If Florida misses the playoffs, then this contract will be one of the major reasons why.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage