Forums/Armchair-GM

NecasBear Trade at the Deadline

Créé par: BigCaniac69
Équipe: 2022-23 Hurricanes de la Caroline
Date de création initiale: 24 sept. 2022
Publié: 24 sept. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This trade would occur once Pacioretty comes off of IR, and would help us make a cup push by increasing our depth at D to ridiculous heights while having a stronger active forward corps than we started the season with. This trade should occur no sooner because it will put us at a huge disadvantage to not have Necas while Pacioretty isn’t ready to play yet.
Transactions
ARI
  1. Bear, Ethan
  2. Necas, Martin
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (CAR)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (CAR)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de PHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $82 475 251 $112 500 $1 000 000 $24 749 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 460 250 $8 460 250 $
C
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AD
RFA - 2
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 820 000 $4 820 000 $
C
UFA - 8
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 7
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
C
RFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 280 000 $5 280 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 025 000 $4 025 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
24 sept. 2022 à 13 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 11,724
I’d assume it’s close for ASU, probably needs a decent prospect imo
24 sept. 2022 à 13 h 23
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,032
I wouldn't do this. Chychrun's overrated. He's never had a season as good as the season Skjei is coming off. Carolina got Skjei for a 1st straight up. If you want to move them Bear, I get that. But Necas and the picks for a defenseman that even here is number 3? I don't like this.
24 sept. 2022 à 13 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Jerk from the Bunch
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 15
Quoting: Caniac2000
I wouldn't do this. Chychrun's overrated. He's never had a season as good as the season Skjei is coming off. Carolina got Skjei for a 1st straight up. If you want to move them Bear, I get that. But Necas and the picks for a defenseman that even here is number 3? I don't like this.

I would rather just trade Bear, and add more picks, but I don’t think they would take that trade. I think they want some young talent, and Necas would make great incentive to take the trade. I think Chychrun could also come in clutch in a playoff run this year. I like the move provided it’s pulled off at the right time, it could be a bit of a risk, but I could definitely see it paying off in the playoffs, I mean what team in the east is going to score consistently against that D corps. Also, with Pacioretty in the lineup, we would have more than enough firepower to score enough ourselves in the playoffs. I just see Chychrun potentially being more valuable than Necas in the playoffs, and that’s really all this trade is about. We’re not really planning to use Bear, and the picks don’t affect this season. It’s more like an all in on a playoff run type trade. Even though it’s not one for one, the mentality of the trade is a 1 for 1 of Necas and Chychrun.
24 sept. 2022 à 13 h 39
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 565
Wow. Just wow.
24 sept. 2022 à 13 h 47
Quoting: BigCaniac69
I would rather just trade Bear, and add more picks, but I don’t think they would take that trade. I think they want some young talent, and Necas would make great incentive to take the trade. I think Chychrun could also come in clutch in a playoff run this year. I like the move provided it’s pulled off at the right time, it could be a bit of a risk, but I could definitely see it paying off in the playoffs, I mean what team in the east is going to score consistently against that D corps. Also, with Pacioretty in the lineup, we would have more than enough firepower to score enough ourselves in the playoffs. I just see Chychrun potentially being more valuable than Necas in the playoffs, and that’s really all this trade is about. We’re not really planning to use Bear, and the picks don’t affect this season. It’s more like an all in on a playoff run type trade. Even though it’s not one for one, the mentality of the trade is a 1 for 1 of Necas and Chychrun.

This is a really bad assessment of Chychrun. Chychrun had a good season at the age of 22, and has been riding the coattails since. He's not good. He was worse last year than Skjei was. There's no need to load up on the defense when the clear issue is scoring. Carolina have won 55% of their one goal games in the playoffs since 2018-19. Tampa have won 75. The difference between the two is the goalscoring, which means having Necas is the more valuable asset. You don't need to overload the D core with Freddie and Raanta. They're fantastic netminders. But they can't score, and Necas can.
24 sept. 2022 à 13 h 59
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,470
This is a really bad assessment of Chychrun. Chychrun had a good season at the age of 22, and has been riding the coattails since. He's not good. He was worse last year than Skjei was. There's no need to load up on the defense when the clear issue is scoring. Carolina have won 55% of their one goal games in the playoffs since 2018-19. Tampa have won 75. The difference between the two is the goalscoring, which means having Necas is the more valuable asset. You don't need to overload the D core with Freddie and Raanta. They're fantastic netminders. But they can't score, and Necas can.

I think you have to take into account that when Chychrun had that amazing season, the Yotes weren’t on rebuild mode. Once that season ended, the Yotes went into rebuild mode, so is it really out of the ordinary for Chychrun to fall off a bit when he is the main piece holding the blue line together on a team that, frankly, sucks.

As for me, it’s a move that reminds me of the move Tampa made for Sergachev. Tampa traded a struggling forward for Sergachev and proceeded to win 2 cups with a third final appearance in 3 years. Plus, this move would give the Canes an insurance policy with Skjei. If Skjei wants to move on or his play drops, Chychrun would be there to potentially replace him. Not only that, having Chychrun would allow Rod to give more rest to the top 4.
24 sept. 2022 à 14 h 44
Mr Pucker PHD
Rejoint: sept. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 44
You realize that in the COVID shortened year that Chychrun had 41 points in 56 games, including 18 goals correct (and finished in the Norris conversation)? That is a point total in 56 games that Skjei has never had in his career, even in full 82 game years. Making a definitive statement like this, and comparing Skjei getting a 1st is basically a moot point. I like Skjei too, but the two players in question are drastically different.

I’d keep Necas now that he’s signed for two years, I wouldn’t move him either…so we agree there. But the way you make points just isn’t convincing, it almost makes the opposite counterpoint stronger.

fullblowncaniac90 a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2022 à 18 h 35
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 485

I think the idea behind this would be to have 3 first pairing level defensemen (skjei's a more high end 2nd pair imo but you get the point). I mean its a good strategy, just look how it went for tampa. I could also see this if the canes were planning to let Skjei walk and finding a replacement for Necas. I like Chychrun but i would only be comfortable they maybe went out and made a splash next year to replace Necas.
25 sept. 2022 à 4 h 28
Quoting: evelutions2
I think you have to take into account that when Chychrun had that amazing season, the Yotes weren’t on rebuild mode. Once that season ended, the Yotes went into rebuild mode, so is it really out of the ordinary for Chychrun to fall off a bit when he is the main piece holding the blue line together on a team that, frankly, sucks.

As for me, it’s a move that reminds me of the move Tampa made for Sergachev. Tampa traded a struggling forward for Sergachev and proceeded to win 2 cups with a third final appearance in 3 years. Plus, this move would give the Canes an insurance policy with Skjei. If Skjei wants to move on or his play drops, Chychrun would be there to potentially replace him. Not only that, having Chychrun would allow Rod to give more rest to the top 4.

That's fine, but Chychrun has never been as good as Sergachev was. Even Chychrun's best season was not as good as Sergachev was in Montreal and that's my major concern. People are talking about him like's a top pairing D man. Thing is, he's never shown that sustainably. Skjei last year had a better season than Chychrun has in his entire career, and Skjei's average season is better than Chychrun's. Chychrun sure as hell isn't beating Slavin out, so I don't see the fit here. Chychrun is on pace to become one of the worse deals in the NHL if he doesn't get better.

You also mention that Arizona went into a rebuild and his stats tanked, which isn't entirely true. They moved on from Alex Goligoski. Goligoski is just not fair defensively and is known to make his partner lookw ay better than he actually is, and Chychrun imo has been the biggest beneficiary of his incredible defensive prowess. I just do not like this
25 sept. 2022 à 4 h 31
Quoting: GroinPucker
You realize that in the COVID shortened year that Chychrun had 41 points in 56 games, including 18 goals correct (and finished in the Norris conversation)? That is a point total in 56 games that Skjei has never had in his career, even in full 82 game years. Making a definitive statement like this, and comparing Skjei getting a 1st is basically a moot point. I like Skjei too, but the two players in question are drastically different.

I’d keep Necas now that he’s signed for two years, I wouldn’t move him either…so we agree there. But the way you make points just isn’t convincing, it almost makes the opposite counterpoint stronger.

Okay, let's have this argument. You realise Chychrun put up 40+ points and was still a net negative? There's more to this game than point scoring. It's the Josi argument. Roman Josi is a dominant offensive defenseman, but he's among the worst players in the NHL in his own end, to the point where on average he's a net 0 at best. Chychrun is of the same ilk, and Skjei last year was on a top 4 pairing in the NHL with Pesce. Chychrun has never been of that ilk and you want to compare them? You're ignoring everything that's wrong with Chychrun and trying to argue with production which A) Isn't the point of someone like Skjei and b) is completely useless for a defenseman given as it isn't their job.
25 sept. 2022 à 4 h 33
Quoting: fullblowncaniac90
I think the idea behind this would be to have 3 first pairing level defensemen (skjei's a more high end 2nd pair imo but you get the point). I mean its a good strategy, just look how it went for tampa. I could also see this if the canes were planning to let Skjei walk and finding a replacement for Necas. I like Chychrun but i would only be comfortable they maybe went out and made a splash next year to replace Necas.

Chychrun is not a Skjei replacement, he would have been a DeAngelo replacement. Chychrun is garbage defensively and his offensive production doesn't make up for it. Think of him as a more polarizing Erik Gustafsson. Better offensively, worse defensively. The only argument against him being garbage defensively is that "he's on a garbage team" but even Dysin Mayo puts up better defensive numbers than Chychrun does. There's no argument to bring him in here. When Tampa had 3 1st pairing D men, they could all do everything. Sergachev isn't completely faultless defensively, but he's a positive. McDonagh is solid in both ends, and Hedman is Hedman. That isn't what Carolina would be getting.
25 sept. 2022 à 6 h 52
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,470
Chychrun is not a Skjei replacement, he would have been a DeAngelo replacement. Chychrun is garbage defensively and his offensive production doesn't make up for it. Think of him as a more polarizing Erik Gustafsson. Better offensively, worse defensively. The only argument against him being garbage defensively is that "he's on a garbage team" but even Dysin Mayo puts up better defensive numbers than Chychrun does. There's no argument to bring him in here. When Tampa had 3 1st pairing D men, they could all do everything. Sergachev isn't completely faultless defensively, but he's a positive. McDonagh is solid in both ends, and Hedman is Hedman. That isn't what Carolina would be getting.

You know, when the Canes acquired Skjei, I was hearing quite a lot of similar arguments to these. Now look at how Skjei turned out. The situation could be very similar. The Canes have a way with reclamation projects, and Chychrun would be no different. I do believe that he would be so much better if he was in a structured defensive system like the one Rod employs. But I think we can just leave this at we agree to disagree on this one.
25 sept. 2022 à 7 h 28
Quoting: evelutions2
You know, when the Canes acquired Skjei, I was hearing quite a lot of similar arguments to these. Now look at how Skjei turned out. The situation could be very similar. The Canes have a way with reclamation projects, and Chychrun would be no different. I do believe that he would be so much better if he was in a structured defensive system like the one Rod employs. But I think we can just leave this at we agree to disagree on this one.

Difference is that Skjei had been playing on a contending team. Make no mistake, Skjei is carried big time by Pesce. It's not comparable at all. Chychrun's more comparable to someone like Gardiner than Skjei. It just wouldn't work. Rod's inability to realize when changes are needed would hamper Chychrun just as they did Jake Gardiner. I get wanting reclamation projects, but at this point, Chychrun isn't worth it. There's no need to do it. If you wanted to have a go after Skjei expires, that's one thing. But using Necas + 1st +++ for him? There's no reason or logic to it.
25 sept. 2022 à 8 h 20
Mr Pucker PHD
Rejoint: sept. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 44
I have no argument because I choose not to perpetuate this, you’ve made my point that Skjei and Chychrun are different players, and you supported it with your own Josi argument. I don’t need to say anything else.

Okay, let's have this argument. You realise Chychrun put up 40+ points and was still a net negative? There's more to this game than point scoring. It's the Josi argument. Roman Josi is a dominant offensive defenseman, but he's among the worst players in the NHL in his own end, to the point where on average he's a net 0 at best. Chychrun is of the same ilk, and Skjei last year was on a top 4 pairing in the NHL with Pesce. Chychrun has never been of that ilk and you want to compare them? You're ignoring everything that's wrong with Chychrun and trying to argue with production which A) Isn't the point of someone like Skjei and b) is completely useless for a defenseman given as it isn't their job.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage