Forums/Armchair-GM

Best Case Scenario Part 2

Créé par: bluspy88
Équipe: 2023-24 Flyers de Philadelphie
Date de création initiale: 20 sept. 2022
Publié: 20 sept. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Part 2 (final?) of this AGM series for the Flyers. I will recreate the moves I made in part 1 with trades that appear to be for nothing, please review them if curious.

1.) The Draft: This is the biggest question mark. Will they finish at fourth worst like I predict? Higher? Lower? We don't know. But, I think its fair to say that ARI, CHI, MTL finish worse than the Flyers at least. So we will go with 4th worst. I've watched too much Philly Sports to believe that they can win the lottery and get Bedard. My cold heart is willing to believe that they may be lucky enough to move up 1 spot, and get Fantilli. This of course assumes it goes Bedard then Michkov, a legitimate question with Russia's ongoing war. Let's try to be a little optimistic for this best case scenario :). Lets also assume that he may go back to UMich. He may be physically NHL ready but its not uncommon for a player to do that (Power comes to mind) so I went with that.

2.) Re-signing: A lot of this will depend on some of the players' performances. If Frost breaks out, he will get more money. I gave York a slight raise as I expect him to be good but not mind bogglingly good. Based it on the Liljegren deal. This is the biggest ? to me. Maybe they just move on from Frost/Allison/J. Cates if they don't do much to convince otherwise. Lets assume they all do "ok", at least enough to stick around/small signs of growth. Maybe one or two scores around 30 points. I still don't see them getting a ton of money until the cap goes up in 2025. Maybe around 1/1.5 million. Also, we bring in Gauthier since he's stated he wants to go pro after 2022-23. Its possible he needs to go the AHL first. With his high draft pedigree, size, and apparent skill, I put him in there.

The next crucial thing to do is decide on the following: are you going to go for this "aggressive retool" or commit to a rebuild? It is unlikely that Fletcher will still be the GM with his contract up and his tenure pretty bad. The replacement (Briere?) will likely want to do their own thing. Therefore, I would propose to do the following: stand mostly pat in the offseason, and continue selling off some pieces at the TDL. At this point, you need to ride out the Hayes contract as well as Ellis' likely LTIRetirement. Prime pieces to sell off include DeAngelo, possibly Walker, and maybe Tippett/TK/Provy based on their play.

Potential trade 1, DeAngelo: This will be a move of the previous regime, and the new GM I think will likely want to get back the value for him rather than give him a contract over 5 million if he plays well with their current structure. If he plays well and doesn't start any more of his **** in his two years here, he should have some decent value. The Senators pairings then could look like: Chabot-Zub/FA, Sanderson-DeAngelo, Brannstrom-FA/Zub.

Potential trade 2, Walker: This one's less clear for me and I want to stress please please please that the return I put is very much a question mark. His health and play would obviously effect this. For example, Walker could be healthy but not quite the player LA had originally and is more a top 6 guy now. There's a good chance they could just keep him, but can't discount flipping him for picks, and an additional for Poolman. Prospects maybe envolved too, but its hard to project a year out who would be seen as a high ranking prospects or not.

Other than this, I would stand mostly pat. Next year will be a crucial one with TK, Provy, Atkinson, coming up, and Hart plus some of the young forwards due in the offseason. Hart is one that they may consider moving based on his play. I personally would keep him as they do not have much in the way of surefire NHL capable goalies now.

I appreciate feedback from fans of all teams, especially regarding prospects/players on other teams as I am not 100% familiar with every single player. This is just for fun and please do not take any of the moves as me insulting or trying to fleece your team, its really just a model for what I think good moves for the Flyers could be. I'm not as particularly interested in the EXACT return I get for trades on CapFriendly because I'm not really the GM, as much as the direction/decisions to do certain moves. A GM literally just traded a 1st round pick for a D man who has never(?) played in the NHL yet so I don't try to get too stressed about the returns exactly lining up on here.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3925 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
2800 000 $
1775 000 $
2950 000 $
1900 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
21 200 000 $
2775 000 $
1775 000 $
1900 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1775 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Fantilli, Adam
3925 000 $
Transactions
PHI
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (BOS)
Détails additionnels:
To any contending team for JVR as explained in Part 1
BOS
PHI
  1. Vilardi, Gabriel [Droits de RFA]
  2. Walker, Sean
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (LAK)
Détails additionnels:
For Travis Sanheim as explained in Part 1
LAK
PHI
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (OTT)
Détails additionnels:
For Justin Braun in part 1
OTT
PHI
  1. Järventie, Roby
  2. Zaitsev, Nikita
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (OTT)
Détails additionnels:
I am assuming that going into 2024 (excluding FA of course) the Senators RHD depth is: Zub (presumably resigned), Zaitsev, and Brannstrom (?) assuming they don't bring back Hamonic (injury prone anyways) or Braun if he is traded there (age). Lets even assume that they make a move for another RHD in free agency, say Shattenkirk, Severson, Klingberg, Dumba, Jensen, Gudas. That still leaves the depth as Zub-FA-Zaitsev going into the season. My understanding is that Ottawa fans want a shutdown RHD right now the most: lets assume that their FA is that kind of player, maybe a Gudas or Mayfield. Doing this trade would accomplish two things: You get a player who can realistically put up good points on your blue line, taking the load off some younger guys like Brannstrom and Sanderson and the minute-muncher Chabot. And two, get rid of Zaitsev while also saving some money with the retention. I think the Senators could entertain this as they have a surplus of 2nd rounders in 2024, and they could use some offense from the blueline beyond Chabot (I know Sanderson is projected to do this too, but with young players I think its best to temper expectations before you see them play: not that he's bad, but its good not to dump a lot on him)
OTT
  1. Deangelo, Anthony (2 500 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
TDL move
PHI
  1. Poolman, Tucker
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (VAN)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (VAN)
Détails additionnels:
This one is optional really, they could like Walker and keep him. However, this clears a spot for Attard to play every day in the NHL.

Perhaps a prospect is included too, but I think its unlikely since Walker is probably a top 6 guy. A 2nd and 3rd is already pretty good compensation for taking on Poolman. Think of it as one pick for Walker, and one for taking Poolman.
VAN
  1. Walker, Sean
Détails additionnels:
Vancouver would get a player who (if healthy) is definitely better than Poolman, while dumping his contract. This also allows Hughes to play his natural side. You could run Hughes-Schenn/Myers, OEL-Myers/Walker, Dermott-Walker/Schenn. Assuming Schenn resigns of course. Insert FA or Brady Keeper/Burroughs instead of him maybe. I know Walker is a rental, but the flexibility gained by dumping Poolman is crucial. You also have Myers' contract coming up in 24-25, as well as Pearson and Dickinson, so re-signing Walker if he plays well is realistic.
PHI
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2024 (ANA)
Détails additionnels:
Anywhere, 7th or is waived.
ANA
  1. Seeler, Nick
Détails additionnels:
Seeler's a good heart and soul guy but he's a remnant of the Chuck regime. He doesn't get more than a 7th from somebody, and if not then waive him. This is just to represent him not on the NHL team anymore.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PHI
Logo de LAK
Logo de FLA
Logo de NYR
Logo de BOS
Logo de PHI
Logo de EDM
Logo de OTT
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de FLA
Logo de OTT
Logo de VAN
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de ANA
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de VAN
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $74 127 096 $1 187 500 $0 $9 372 904 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 5
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 7
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 3
3 571 429 $3 571 429 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
C
RFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 3
785 000 $785 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 725 000 $4 725 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
3 979 000 $3 979 000 $
G
RFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
5 100 000 $5 100 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
775 000 $775 000 $
G
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 4

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 sept. 2022 à 13 h 36
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,528
Boston might be the worst destination for JVR. Just look at the roster, no room.
20 sept. 2022 à 13 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 286
Quoting: DefenseFirst
Boston might be the worst destination for JVR. Just look at the roster, no room.

Please look at Part 1. Its a placeholder location.
20 sept. 2022 à 13 h 52
Quoting: bluspy88
Please look at Part 1. Its a placeholder location.

Right, I’m saying its a bad place holder
20 sept. 2022 à 13 h 53
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,620
Not getting all that for Sanheim
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2022 à 14 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Right, I’m saying its a bad place holder

Very constructive comment
20 sept. 2022 à 14 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: KINGS67
Not getting all that for Sanheim

Debatable. 27 year old defenseman with good analytics who is tall and moves the puck well. The Stars just traded a 1st for a guy who hasn't even played in the NHL, Ben Chiarot got a 1st + more.
20 sept. 2022 à 14 h 40
Very constructive comment

So sorry to criticize your place holder. Didn’t realize it would be such an issue for you.
20 sept. 2022 à 16 h 34
Démarrer sujet
So sorry to criticize your place holder. Didn’t realize it would be such an issue for you.

There's criticism and then there's just being a dick. For example: criticism might be, "I'm not sure Colorado would want to trade for X player because of Y reason. What about Z player instead?"
20 sept. 2022 à 16 h 44
There's criticism and then there's just being a dick. For example: criticism might be, "I'm not sure Colorado would want to trade for X player because of Y reason. What about Z player instead?"

I told you why it was a bad place holder. It’s not my fault that you took it poorly.
20 sept. 2022 à 17 h 4
Démarrer sujet
I told you why it was a bad place holder. It’s not my fault that you took it poorly.

I'm guessing you didn't read what I wrote on that part about it. I went to the trade options, I chose the first team that shows up that is possibly going to be a playoff team (Boston) to represent him being traded to a playoff contender for a third. That was it. I said that, I wrote it out, and I told you that I wrote it out and you could look at it. I'm not arguing that "ackshullay Boston is a great fit". I didn't want to do Anaheim, Arizona or Buffalo because I thought that'd be even more confusing. I explained it in the description. YOU chose to not look at that when I mentioned it, insult me, and keep making comments like I'm a madman.
20 sept. 2022 à 17 h 9
I'm guessing you didn't read what I wrote on that part about it. I went to the trade options, I chose the first team that shows up that is possibly going to be a playoff team (Boston) to represent him being traded to a playoff contender for a third. That was it. I said that, I wrote it out, and I told you that I wrote it out and you could look at it. I'm not arguing that "ackshullay Boston is a great fit". I didn't want to do Anaheim, Arizona or Buffalo because I thought that'd be even more confusing. I explained it in the description. YOU chose to not look at that when I mentioned it, insult me, and keep making comments like I'm a madman.

Kinda seems weird to tell people to stop commenting when you’re habitually typing out all these defenses.

I thought it was a lousy and lazy placeholder. I told you why. Don’t like it? I have an easy solution for you. Just scroll on by.
20 sept. 2022 à 18 h 32
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Kinda seems weird to tell people to stop commenting when you’re habitually typing out all these defenses.

I thought it was a lousy and lazy placeholder. I told you why. Don’t like it? I have an easy solution for you. Just scroll on by.

The fact that you care so much about a placeholder team just goes to show your level of immaturity. It is literally just a placeholder. It isn't even an actual trade to that team. I have an easy solution for you. Just scroll on by
bluspy88 a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2022 à 18 h 57
Quoting: Juiceman
The fact that you care so much about a placeholder team just goes to show your level of immaturity. It is literally just a placeholder. It isn't even an actual trade to that team. I have an easy solution for you. Just scroll on by

I kinda did. I made my comment. The dude wrote a novella, I’m not going to read all that. I gave an explanation. He got upset. I’m certainly done with it and now he’s trying to take it on other threads for some reason. Anyway, thank you very much for your input. It was most helpful.
20 sept. 2022 à 19 h 56
Démarrer sujet
I kinda did. I made my comment. The dude wrote a novella, I’m not going to read all that. I gave an explanation. He got upset. I’m certainly done with it and now he’s trying to take it on other threads for some reason. Anyway, thank you very much for your input. It was most helpful.

Lol, I just happened to be browsing other threads as one does here and saw you were being rude to another user too. I provided them feedback and let them know others have dealt with your BS too.
20 sept. 2022 à 19 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Juiceman

Thank you BBQ Bruce for your rational thinking
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2022 à 22 h 30
Lol, I just happened to be browsing other threads as one does here and saw you were being rude to another user too. I provided them feedback and let them know others have dealt with your BS too.

Same thing there. I disagreed with them on something and they were too fragile to take it.

Again, if you’re putting something on an anonymous Internet forum and aren’t prepared for people to disagree with you, you’re going to be disappointed.
20 sept. 2022 à 23 h 51
Once a Kings Fan Too
Mentions "j'aime": 25,016
Debatable. 27 year old defenseman with good analytics who is tall and moves the puck well. The Stars just traded a 1st for a guy who hasn't even played in the NHL, Ben Chiarot got a 1st + more.

You're overlooking the most important feature of Sanheim's resume -- he's in the last year of his contract. We paid a first and an A prospect for Kevin Fiala under similar circumstances, and he came with an extension. Our 2024 first (we won't be trading the 2023 first after trading away our 2022 first) plus a roster player like Alex Iafallo is about the best offer you can expect from us due to our current cap situation. If you want Sean Walker, you'd have to retain at least $1 million due to the difference in their respective cap hits.
21 sept. 2022 à 11 h 32
Mentions "j'aime": 1,620

Yeah and that was dumb of them (DAL) I laughed out loud at that.

Kings won’t trade back to back 1sts especially ‘23 a deep draft.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage