SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Apparently Goaltending Shouldnt Be An Issue When It Comes To Winning Another Cup

Créé par: cody_tugak
Équipe: 2022-23 Avalanche du Colorado
Date de création initiale: 18 sept. 2022
Publié: 18 sept. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Well That's What The Media Says Anyways... LOL... That's Super Hilarious Because Even In A Regular Season Game... Goaltending Is A Huge Part Of A Team
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $81 502 500 $25 000 $3 562 500 $997 500 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 7
6 300 000 $6 300 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 8
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 5
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
912 500 $912 500 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
AG, C
UFA - 1
908 333 $908 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
RFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 5
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
987 500 $987 500 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 sept. 2022 à 10 h 47
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,536
Colorado isn't winning the cup again with that tandem. Even if we wrote off Georgiev's last season to an aberration, he's four seasons removed from league-average goaltending. AVS should have kept Kuemper.
cody_tugak a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 10 h 52
John 3 16
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,618
Goaltending shouldn't what?!
18 sept. 2022 à 10 h 53
John 3 16
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
Colorado isn't winning the cup again with that tandem. Even if we wrote off Georgiev's last season to an aberration, he's four seasons removed from league-average goaltending. AVS should have kept Kuemper.

Yeah, the goalie who barely posted a 0.900 when they won a cup is not the answer... Especially at $5.25m X 5. Pass.
GMBL, Xqb15a et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 10 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Mr.T 17
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 338
Quoting: Richard88
Goaltending shouldn't what?!

Supposed To Say "Apparently Goaltending Shouldn't Be An Issue When It Comes To Winning Another Cup" lol my bad, really thought I added those 3 words in, lol
Richard88 a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 10 h 56
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319

While I don't think they will win again, you're underestimating what a change of scenery, a true opportunity at a starter job, playing behind a strong puck-moving defense core that drive a high octane offense imo, can do for Georgiev. He will also have something to prove, it make or may not work out, at the end of the day attaching themselves to Kuemper wasn't an option since they wouldn't have enough money. The cap is expected to go up significantly soon, and they will have their chance to upgrade goaltending if this tandem doesn't work at that time.
Richard88, BruinsCharlies et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 10 h 58
Banni
Yeah, the goalie who barely posted a 0.900 when they won a cup is not the answer... Especially at $5.25m X 5. Pass.

Regardless, Georgiev is not the answer. I'm sure Sakic will figure out how to handle it, but if I were an AVS fan I wouldn't be expect a repeat this year.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 0
Banni
Quoting: GMBL
While I don't think they will win again, you're underestimating what a change of scenery, a true opportunity at a starter job, playing behind a strong puck-moving defense core that drive a high octane offense imo, can do for Georgiev. He will also have something to prove, it make or may not work out, at the end of the day attaching themselves to Kuemper wasn't an option since they wouldn't have enough money. The cap is expected to go up significantly soon, and they will have their chance to upgrade goaltending if this tandem doesn't work at that time.

These are all major what-ifs. Also, the Rangers defense is/was one of the better back-ends in the league. It's not like Georgiev played behind swiss cheese.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 0
John 3 16
Regardless, Georgiev is not the answer. I'm sure Sakic will figure out how to handle it, but if I were an AVS fan I wouldn't be expect a repeat this year.

Maybe we should wait and see before completely writing off a goalie..... The Avs have boosted stats for multiple goalies under Bednar so it's entirely possible that Georgiev can do well enough for the Avs to win.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 2
John 3 16
These are all major what-ifs. Also, the Rangers defense is/was one of the better back-ends in the league. It's not like Georgiev played behind swiss cheese.

Despite having good individual Dmen Rangers had one of the worst 5v5 xGA rates in the league so Swiss cheese isn't a bad comparison....
Xqb15a et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 2
Quoting: cody_tugak
Supposed To Say "Apparently Goaltending Shouldn't Be An Issue When It Comes To Winning Another Cup" lol my bad, really thought I added those 3 words in, lol

The media just needs something to talk about always. The observation or perhaps the idea that they are trying to push is that perhaps a winning team doesn't need a stud goaltender to win, just a goalie that can play good enough, if they have a high-octane offense+strong defense who can play on both sides. Kuemper might be a top goalie at this time but the tact ia that when he did play his stats weren't good in the playoffs and Francouz also played his fair share of the games.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 2
Banni
Maybe we should wait and see before completely writing off a goalie..... The Avs have boosted stats for multiple goalies under Bednar so it's entirely possible that Georgiev can do well enough for the Avs to win.

Look, you're obviously an AVS fan so I expect you to keep the hope and can appreciate that. Just being impartial here. I guess if we all adopt the wait and see mantra, then every team could win the cup next year.

To me, the positive outlook is knowing you have a great GM and he will waste no time figuring out how to fix the problem.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 5
Banni
Despite having good individual Dmen Rangers had one of the worst 5v5 xGA rates in the league so Swiss cheese isn't a bad comparison....

The Rangers were terrible 5v5, but you're cherry picking a stat that doesn't reflect the whole defense. It's stats that measures all skaters, so that's a flawed argument. The Rangers were excellent in limiting shots.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 8
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 12,187
Look, you're obviously an AVS fan so I expect you to keep the hope and can appreciate that. Just being impartial here. I guess if we all adopt the wait and see mantra, then every team could win the cup next year.

To me, the positive outlook is knowing you have a great GM and he will waste no time figuring out how to fix the problem.

This is the thought on Georgiev. Clearly the Avs management sees something that works for them. They made the move for him 1st out of all the goalie moves this offseason, they targeted him for a reason.
If they believe its a positioning issue, avs have one of the best goalie coaches in the league in Jussi Parkkila.

You saw the results when Grubauer, Kuemper, and even Johan Johansson, as soon as they work with him, their numbers are better. Thats not a coincidence .

Avs fans trust the front office and their coaching staff. Why would we doubt them now. They have time and time again shown when they target someone it works out. Rarely if at all have the avs made a move in the sakic era that has been a disaster
BruinsCharlies, Richard88, NMAvsFan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 10
Banni
Quoting: coga16

This is the thought on Georgiev. Clearly the Avs management sees something that works for them. They made the move for him 1st out of all the goalie moves this offseason, they targeted him for a reason.
If they believe its a positioning issue, avs have one of the best goalie coaches in the league in Jussi Parkkila.

You saw the results when Grubauer, Kuemper, and even Johan Johansson, as soon as they work with him, their numbers are better. Thats not a coincidence .

Avs fans trust the front office and their coaching staff. Why would we doubt them now. They have time and time again shown when they target someone it works out. Rarely if at all have the avs made a move in the sakic era that has been a disaster

I've cited the fact you have great management, but even the best make mistakes. Look, it's totally possible they fix it. It's totally possible TOR fixes Murray. It's totally possible EDM figures out Campbell. It's totally possible Grubauer bounces back. You see where I'm going with this.

As of right now I'm going off of givens and the current given is you're getting a below-average goaltender. A goalie who's put up below average numbers for three straight years. Could that change? Sure, but from the current stand point of a completely non-partial person is that the cards are stacked against you.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 10

Rangers are good defensively but other than Fox they don't got too many guys who will be keeping the puck in the Ozone which has it's benefits.

The main issue though is that Shesterkin outperformed him and he's probably not going to give up that driver seat any time soon, so the road to a starter role is blocked by his friend. That's going to affect a goalie between the ears, because they will have added pressure to try to prove themselves.

My point was that all those things in combination or just one of them could be enough for him to find his way. I wouldn't say they are what-ifs but you are right there's no guarantee. That being said, I see him and Samsonov getting written-off before they even played a game with their new teams.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 13
Banni
Rangers are good defensively but other than Fox they don't got too many guys who will be keeping the puck in the Ozone which has it's benefits.

The main issue though is that Shesterkin outperformed him and he's probably not going to give up that driver seat any time soon, so the road to a starter role is blocked by his friend. That's going to affect a goalie between the ears, because they will have added pressure to try to prove themselves.

My point was that all those things in combination or just one of them could be enough for him to find his way. I wouldn't say they are what-ifs but you are right there's no guarantee but I see him and Samsonov getting written-off before they even played a game with their new teams.

They are absolutely what-ifs. To see that any other way is having your fandom blinders on. We're all guilty of that, so I'm not flaming.

I'm a Pens fan. Do you think I actually like speaking positively about the Rangers? Trust me, I don't, but I know how to be impartial. I watched a lot of Ranger games and Georgiev was terrible last year and has been meh for a few years.

Could that change? Sure. Anything is possible I guess.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 14
I've cited the fact you have great management, but even the best make mistakes. Look, it's totally possible they fix it. It's totally possible TOR fixes Murray. It's totally possible EDM figures out Campbell. It's totally possible Grubauer bounces back. You see where I'm going with this.

As of right now I'm going off of givens and the current given is you're getting a below-average goaltending. Could that change? Sure, but from the current stand point of a completely non-partial person is that the cards are stacked against you.

Its a risk, there is no denying that. But from what has been said after the move as made, stuff like the positioning, there has been mention that when Georgiev has increased work load and consistent starts his numbers are better. There must be enough data and enough eye test scouting for the Avs management to see him as a cup contending starter

I wasn't thrilled about the move, but I can get where they were coming from when they did it. I wouldnt have spent the money on Grubauer or Kuemper as it would hurt the avs depth more, taking away from them identity.

There is really like 3 goalies who you can count on. Other than Vasi, Shersterkin and Saros, every other goalie is basically a coin flip at the best of times.
Richard88, NMAvsFan et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 16
Banni
Quoting: coga16
Its a risk, there is no denying that. But from what has been said after the move as made, stuff like the positioning, there has been mention that when Georgiev has increased work load and consistent starts his numbers are better. There must be enough data and enough eye test scouting for the Avs management to see him as a cup contending starter

I wasn't thrilled about the move, but I can get where they were coming from when they did it. I wouldnt have spent the money on Grubauer or Kuemper as it would hurt the avs depth more, taking away from them identity.

There is really like 3 goalies who you can count on. Other than Vasi, Shersterkin and Saros, every other goalie is basically a coin flip at the best of times.

It wasn't a great goalie market, so the pickins were slim. Like I said though, if Georgeiv doesn't work out I'm fully confident that Sakic figures it out. He's one of, if not the best GM in hockey. I'm not saying this end of the Avs or anything lol, but I'm saying this season may wind up being a blip and Sakic figures out how to remedy the issue.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 18
It wasn't a great goalie market, so the pickins were slim. Like I said though, if Georgeiv doesn't work out I'm fully confident that Sakic figures it out. He's one of, if not the best GM in hockey. I'm not saying this end of the Avs or anything lol, but I'm saying this season may wind up being a blip and Sakic figures out how to remedy the issue.

there is believe in the org that justus annunen can be a starter for them. Like I said goalies are weird, he could just randomly show up out of the AHL mid season and Matt Murray it up for the Avs.
This goalie tandom could be dog poop or they could battle for the Jennings trophy, who the heck knows
Mr_Gardoki et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 18
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 326

The GM/President made his move early and from my perspective brilliantly. Based upon their astuteness right now there is no problem to fix.
Richard88 et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 22

As of right now I'm going off of givens and the current given is you're getting a below-average goaltender. A goalie who's put up below average numbers for three straight years. Could that change? Sure, but from the current stand point of a completely non-partial person is thatthe cards are stacked against you.

That's why it's a good that the total $ amount allocated to goalie by those teams range from minimal-moderate. In addition, Col and Tor will be able to change their goalies sooner rather than later if they don't work out. The result might be "lost years" but unless goaltending causes them to miss the playoffs or directly lose through poor performance, then goaltending can't really be blamed. Besides that it just becomes a case of should have, could of, would of if the other teams goalie just outperforms.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 27
Banni
That's why it's a good that the total $ amount allocated to goalie by those teams range from minimal-moderate. In addition, Col and Tor will be able to change their goalies sooner rather than later if they don't work out. The result might be "lost years" but unless goaltending causes them to miss the playoffs or directly lose through poor performance, then goaltending can't really be blamed. Besides that it just becomes a case of should have, could of, would of if the other teams goalie just outperforms.

Lost years happen to the best teams. Look at the Pens after they beat DET. The AVS would be a good team for years to come and will benefit from the cap going back up like normal more than most teams.
NMAvsFan et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 30
They are absolutely what-ifs. To see that any other way is having your fandom blinders on. We're all guilty of that, so I'm not flaming.

I'm a Pens fan. Do you think I actually like speaking positively about the Rangers? Trust me, I don't, but I know how to be impartial. I watched a lot of Ranger games and Georgiev was terrible last year and has been meh for a few years.

Could that change? Sure. Anything is possible I guess.

They aren't what-ifs because I'm not saying if he had x in NY, he would have. I'm saying he has x now in Col, and therefore he could. For example I'm not saying if he had a change a scenery he would or could turn it around. He does have a change of scenery.

I understand what you mean though that all ot that could have 0 result. My point though is that he's being written off before he played even. Also, that if he does turn it around it's not going to be a huge surprise, just as if he doesn't.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 39
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
I mean they just went 16-4 in the playoffs with both goalies posting a negative GSAx
DirtyDangle, NMAvsFan, coga16 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 11 h 40
Lost years happen to the best teams. Look at the Pens after they beat DET. The AVS would be a good team for years to come and will benefit from the cap going back up like normal more than most teams.

Every team but the Champs will have lost years, which is why I put it in quotes. I don't think it's worth mentioning half the times unless a team is making no progress in terms of team development in the playoffs or in the context of moves that directly result in failure.

It's easy though in hindsight to say Colorado wasted a year or years if Georgiev is just not good enough in comparison to other goalies, and Colorado doesn't win. If Colorado wins again next year Sakic will be called a genius even if his goaltending tandem play poorly. If say they lose in the Finals to TB or NYR because the other goalie was just better, he's going to get criticized by at least some. If they go out 1st round then by more. Luckily for Sakic, though he's now the President and not the GM, so he won't be the one having to fix things if they do go bad.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage