SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Washington Capitals

2022-2023 Season Thread #1

10 nov. 2022 à 10 h 45
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,041
Quoting: capsfan2121
I think defensive rounded offensive forwards will be the ones to succeed. That’s why I believe Wilson was so good last year. We need well rounded players and not one sided.
Work around the system because if it’s played perfectly we are the best team in the league.

Need a bit of a shakeup.

Get the sheary dowd Hathaway back.

What would your be desires lines as the team is right now (throw in Carlson and Orlov as if they were healthy)?
10 nov. 2022 à 10 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
Quoting: All_Knowing
What would your be desires lines as the team is right now (throw in Carlson and Orlov as if they were healthy)?

Can I throw in oshie too because proteas isn’t ready I’ve said that all year.

Ovi Kuzy Mojo
Milano Strome Oshie
Mantha Eller NAK
Sheary Dowd Hathaway

We need help. Thoughts on getting Crouse and Mieer?
10 nov. 2022 à 11 h 2
Can I throw in oshie too because proteas isn’t ready I’ve said that all year.

Ovi Kuzy Mojo
Milano Strome Oshie
Mantha Eller NAK
Sheary Dowd Hathaway

We need help. Thoughts on getting Crouse and Mieer?

Love that third line. Only concern would be that first line doesn't have a true 2way forward / puck go getter. I seriously think NAK could fill that role until Wilson is back. But yes great lines.

Regarding an acquisition:

For the right price, I would not hate it, obviously. But as I somewhat indicated on my last post, I don't think it is completely necessary right now. Just stay afloat until reinforcements come. That being said, there is a fine line between staying afloat and almost drowning. I wouldn't hate an acquisition, but right now, my best package I would put together would be McM and any pick BESIDES 2023 1st. Throw in a prospect like Gersich / Pilon sure, but that is pretty much it.

I think the Caps system does need to change a touch, due to injuries. I think we need to start throwing pucks to the net more. Good things happen when pucks are on goal (look at the game last night). When you are in a draught / dry spell offensively, thinks can change when you get into the zone, sure establish possession, but make sure you get shots on net. Last night, too many shots were blocked / didn't make it to the net, yet possession time was pretty solid for the Caps...
10 nov. 2022 à 11 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Love that third line. Only concern would be that first line doesn't have a true 2way forward / puck go getter. I seriously think NAK could fill that role until Wilson is back. But yes great lines.

Regarding an acquisition:

For the right price, I would not hate it, obviously. But as I somewhat indicated on my last post, I don't think it is completely necessary right now. Just stay afloat until reinforcements come. That being said, there is a fine line between staying afloat and almost drowning. I wouldn't hate an acquisition, but right now, my best package I would put together would be McM and any pick BESIDES 2023 1st. Throw in a prospect like Gersich / Pilon sure, but that is pretty much it.

I think the Caps system does need to change a touch, due to injuries. I think we need to start throwing pucks to the net more. Good things happen when pucks are on goal (look at the game last night). When you are in a draught / dry spell offensively, thinks can change when you get into the zone, sure establish possession, but make sure you get shots on net. Last night, too many shots were blocked / didn't make it to the net, yet possession time was pretty solid for the Caps...

Mikey 2024 first and 2023 second

Crouse how do we get him. Mantha would need to be moved. He is very similar to Wilson. Think it would worth it.
14 nov. 2022 à 11 h 2
Not much to say after last night's game...

Just brutal. Trash it and move on...?

The only thing I will say, especially since it has been a hot topic for this young season. McM needs to be sent down once we get Kubel back. This doesn't have much to do with last night's game as the WHOLE TEAM was just awful. But McM needs a more positive environment where we can get a ton of ice time.

Last night, with McM on the ice, the Caps were out-attempted 18 to 6, out-scoring chanced 12 to 4, and out-high danger chanced 4 to 0. He just is not there right now to be playing in the NHL. Needs a readjustment / reset.
capsfan2121 et NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
14 nov. 2022 à 11 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Not much to say after last night's game...

Just brutal. Trash it and move on...?

The only thing I will say, especially since it has been a hot topic for this young season. McM needs to be sent down once we get Kubel back. This doesn't have much to do with last night's game as the WHOLE TEAM was just awful. But McM needs a more positive environment where we can get a ton of ice time.

Last night, with McM on the ice, the Caps were out-attempted 18 to 6, out-scoring chanced 12 to 4, and out-high danger chanced 4 to 0. He just is not there right now to be playing in the NHL. Needs a readjustment / reset.

I had a lax tournament in Delaware and barely listened to the game in the car because I fell asleep. How bad was it.
14 nov. 2022 à 11 h 56
I had a lax tournament in Delaware and barely listened to the game in the car because I fell asleep. How bad was it.

Bad. Probably worst Caps game I have seen in recent memory. Honestly, looked like a JV high school team vs a college team.

Pushed around, uninterested, lazy, slow, and completely disorganized.

I don't really have any positives. Jensen looked okay. Ovi looked okay. Sheary scored on a nice 2on1.

Not much else to say outside of that. Just a total waste of time.
16 nov. 2022 à 9 h 27
At least the guys showed some fight later in the game last night...?

I am not sure - just grasping here. Thursday feels like a must win. We certainly need some puck luck, which it seems like we never get.

At this point, I feel like we either need to make a move NOW or just wait it out and accept this season probably won't go as planned (I am leaning towards the latter)....
NoVaSpartan et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2022 à 9 h 36
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,732

I am not sure - just grasping here. Thursday feels like a must win. We certainly need some puck luck, which it seems like we never get.

At this point, I feel like we either need to make a move NOW or just wait it out and accept this season probably won't go as planned (I am leaning towards the latter)....

I think the team is committed to riding it out at this point, results be damned. The sheer amount of injuries has me thinking management will be hesitant to change anything since we haven’t truly seen this team come together yet. Underlying numbers that the Athletic put out (I think it was El-Bashir writing) look promising, but who knows if it’ll translate when everyone is healthy.
capsfan2121 et All_Knowing a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2022 à 9 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122

Would I like to make the playoffs. Yes.

But would I want the best future piece we have had since ovi. That kinda impact. Yes. I want that more. This top 5 this year are like 1oa in a row. I wanna start to suck. But we still have ovi so what do we do. That’s our issue,
All_Knowing a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2022 à 9 h 37
Craig Laughlin Fan

Also holy hell he’s insane. Omsk would be foolish not to call him up and let him see some action in the KHL with how he’s playing right now.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2022 à 9 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
To quote someone from rmnb

this team has not played a single sixty-minute complete game this season. seriously, i can't think of one. there's an endurance issue here. remember that one time where tampa bay and columbus were in the playoffs and they played a game with three regulation and five overtime periods? if the caps make the postseason (which seems like a big if), how can they hang with their opposition if it comes to that? didn't they die in ot twice against the cats in the last playoffs, each time in like three minutes? we've got problems but that seems like a real big one that i don't think leadership has even considered

This is really true. It’s always a solid 20 minutes or 40 minutes. We haven’t played a good 60 in a while. Doesn’t matter which period it is. That needs to stop if we want to make the playoffs.

Also
We need Bmac to make a statement. Playing the kids hasn’t done anything. The goal of this team is for ovi to beat gretz. Then go get the talent that is needed to do that. Ovi is getting older. We don’t have time to wait.
16 nov. 2022 à 10 h 7
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
I think the team is committed to riding it out at this point, results be damned. The sheer amount of injuries has me thinking management will be hesitant to change anything since we haven’t truly seen this team come together yet. Underlying numbers that the Athletic put out (I think it was El-Bashir writing) look promising, but who knows if it’ll translate when everyone is healthy.

To quote someone from rmnb

this team has not played a single sixty-minute complete game this season. seriously, i can't think of one. there's an endurance issue here. remember that one time where tampa bay and columbus were in the playoffs and they played a game with three regulation and five overtime periods? if the caps make the postseason (which seems like a big if), how can they hang with their opposition if it comes to that? didn't they die in ot twice against the cats in the last playoffs, each time in like three minutes? we've got problems but that seems like a real big one that i don't think leadership has even considered

This is really true. It’s always a solid 20 minutes or 40 minutes. We haven’t played a good 60 in a while. Doesn’t matter which period it is. That needs to stop if we want to make the playoffs.

Also
We need Bmac to make a statement. Playing the kids hasn’t done anything. The goal of this team is for ovi to beat gretz. Then go get the talent that is needed to do that. Ovi is getting older. We don’t have time to wait.

So say we are clearly out at the TDL (emphasis on clearly - I don't think mgmt would do this otherwise).

Would we sell? I only ask because I think the Caps would want certain players back (Orlov and Jensen come to mind). Would we sell those players and just hope they don't renegotiate with their new teams?

You gotta think the following players would trigger some nice returns in this deep draft class:

Sheary -> 2nd
Orlov -> 1st and prospect
Jensen -> 1st
Hathaway (although I doubt he is moved) -> 3rd
Eller -> 4th
MoJo -> 3rd

That is a pretty nice return, even if only a few players above are moved...
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2022 à 10 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
So say we are clearly out at the TDL (emphasis on clearly - I don't think mgmt would do this otherwise).

Would we sell? I only ask because I think the Caps would want certain players back (Orlov and Jensen come to mind). Would we sell those players and just hope they don't renegotiate with their new teams?

You gotta think the following players would trigger some nice returns in this deep draft class:

Sheary -> 2nd
Jensen -> 1st
Eller -> 4th
MoJo -> 3rd

I’m gonna make a acgm and tag you guys
All_Knowing a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2022 à 10 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Would kings do a 2024 first and Alexis Laf for orlov 50% retained
16 nov. 2022 à 10 h 21
Craig Laughlin Fan

Sheary -> 2nd
Jensen -> 1st
Eller -> 4th
MoJo -> 3rd

Of the players that I think would be considered, I think Sheary, Eller, Mojo, TvR and/or Gus, and possibly one of Orlov or Jensen would be moved. Orlov and Jensen would be the only ones that I would think might come back to Washington, though Jensen seems like a fit in somewhere like Ottawa more (maybe MoJo would return as well, but probably not).
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2022 à 10 h 22
Craig Laughlin Fan
Would kings do a 2024 first and Alexis Laf for orlov 50% retained

Alex Laferriere?
16 nov. 2022 à 10 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Alex Laferriere?

Yes
16 nov. 2022 à 10 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Anyone see recently the dekes and hands nic dowd has. Has it been a thing he has always had because he is pretty fun to watch. Another 4c that does this is jake evans.
16 nov. 2022 à 10 h 42
Of the players that I think would be considered, I think Sheary, Eller, Mojo, TvR and/or Gus, and possibly one of Orlov or Jensen would be moved. Orlov and Jensen would be the only ones that I would think might come back to Washington, though Jensen seems like a fit in somewhere like Ottawa more (maybe MoJo would return as well, but probably not).

Oh forgot about TVR - good point. He has a GREAT salary so he would be a good acquisition for any team.

I actually see either Jensen or TVR back next year, possibly both if Iorio is deemed not ready. Depending on price, I would like both back. I think Jensen and TVR have been fantastic so far this season (and last).
NoVaSpartan et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2022 à 9 h 23
Inspiring a win here...

I think it is pretty much a "must win" tonight, especially with the Avs next.

Prediction:
4-2 Caps

In order, the goal scorers will be:

Mantha, 4th line (let's say Hathaway), Ovi x 2 (powerplay goal and empty net)
17 nov. 2022 à 9 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Remember when we where first in the league this time last year
All_Knowing a aimé ceci.
20 nov. 2022 à 18 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
What do we do
20 nov. 2022 à 19 h 4
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,859
What do we do

either trade for meier or kane or do nothing and accept being bad ...
20 nov. 2022 à 19 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: qc14
either trade for meier or kane or do nothing and accept being bad ...

I think with orlov Oshie backstrom coming back soon and Wilson. Make a trade. Keep us in the race. Because time is running out.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage