SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Washington Capitals

2022-2023 Season Thread #1

7 nov. 2022 à 19 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
I know nobody cares but anyone not in the mood to watch this boring hockey team waste three hours of our life
7 nov. 2022 à 23 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: capsfan2121
I know nobody cares but anyone not in the mood to watch this boring hockey team waste three hours of our life

Thank you for proving me wrong.
8 nov. 2022 à 10 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
I kinda feel dumb for not watching because people say it’s one of the most entertaining games in a while from us. But I fell asleep at 8:30 so I would have missed it anyways.

How did we look.

Also remember when we wanted to fire Blaine. Some still do.
8 nov. 2022 à 12 h 20
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,043
I kinda feel dumb for not watching because people say it’s one of the most entertaining games in a while from us. But I fell asleep at 8:30 so I would have missed it anyways.

How did we look.

Also remember when we wanted to fire Blaine. Some still do.

Sorry you missed it, and this post is not meant to make you feel like you missed out. But that was an excellent game to watch.

Let me first start by addressing your last comment about Blaine. Caps fans (myself included) are really the worst. After every loss, we need to "fire this guy" or "let go of this person" etc etc. I remember when people were calling for Trotz to be fired (even during the 2018 season!). Anyways, not the point.

I thought the Caps looked fantastic, specifically through the first 2 periods. Starting with the team defense, the Caps were incredible at attention to detail. Puck got into the Caps zone, you could see the defenders working together with the forwards to get the puck out. Truly an example of team defense. And team defense tends to generate offense - Caps outchanced the Oilers through 2 periods by a lot. Really great job all the way around.

Some spotlights:
Ovi looked like a man on a mission - truly one of the best performances I have seen from him in recent years. Almost like he wanted to prove to the audience that he is still a top player in the league.
Kuzy - great to see him get on the board (twice). He started slow, but really got revved up in the 2nd - one of his best games. And looked great in the dot for faceoffs.
Gus - wow, I mean what a pick up. He has looked great and NEEDS to stay on the Powerplay #1. 3 assists - incredible. And was always in the right place on defense - loved his game.
Strome - see above. Great pick up, great player. Needs to be resigned.
Shoutout to the 3rd line - by FAR the best possession line of the game for either team. Kubel-Eller-Mantha -> they just dominated. Created many many chances by an aggressive forecheck. That line needs to stay together. I was really really impressed with Kubel as well (only one game I know gotta temper expectations a touch).

I mean, I could go on and on about individual play because everyone looked really solid. Nice to see Johansen get some playing time as well. Not a bad 8th guy as of now. Irwin really helped him out as well.

Easier said than done, but if the Caps can play like that every night, they will be a really tough team moving forward. I could use Orlov back, but honestly, I am in no rush to get Carlson back. I have been a defender of Carlson in past, but when he is on the ice, the whole team just looks lazy, slow, and out of sink.
capsfan2121 et NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
8 nov. 2022 à 12 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Imagine if we get everyone back except Carlson. And maybe Oshie. Let’s keep Milano. Milano Has been awesome. We would be very scary. Brown done for the season tho
All_Knowing a aimé ceci.
8 nov. 2022 à 13 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Thoughts on adding Hattrick Kane?
8 nov. 2022 à 13 h 46
Imagine if we get everyone back except Carlson. And maybe Oshie. Let’s keep Milano. Milano Has been awesome. We would be very scary. Brown done for the season tho

Thoughts on adding Hattrick Kane?

I hope Milano continues to grow his defensive game becasue I know that has been a negative mark on his play. Brown and Kubel play similar (not in production but in style of play) so that is a nice pickup. I just love how he throws his body around - truly a Caps style of play.

I wouldn't hate a P Kane pick up, depending on price. But I have a feeling the price would be out of my comfortable price range...He would fit in nicely, especially when we get Wilson back (who would add in that 2-way defensive play to pick up the Kane's slack). I just don't love giving away a 1st for a pure rental, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do
capsfan2121 et NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
9 nov. 2022 à 12 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
I kinda wish we picked Casey over Chesley like I wanted them too but is to early?
9 nov. 2022 à 13 h 21
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,742
Modifié 9 nov. 2022 à 13 h 32. Raison: Chesley and Casey kinda look the same, oops
I kinda wish we picked Casey over Chesley like I wanted them too but is to early?

I'm personally way higher on Chesley than Casey, but both would have been solid moves. I'm more disappointed Nelson didn't drop a couple picks further in the 3rd round, though I can't complain too much since Suzadelev was the pick at #70.
9 nov. 2022 à 13 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
I'm personally way higher on Casey than Chesley, but both would have been solid moves. I'm more disappointed Nelson didn't drop a couple picks further in the 3rd round, though I can't complain too much since Suzadelev was the pick at #70.

I wanted Casey. If you remember I asked boss if he would fall to our pick before the vv trade happen
9 nov. 2022 à 13 h 31
Craig Laughlin Fan
I wanted Casey. If you remember I asked boss if he would fall to our pick before the vv trade happen

Hold on, just realized i mixed up the two guys when i was typing. Meant to say that I've been higher on Chesley than Casey (I considered Chesley to be a pick around the 15-25 range), as I find Chesley's ceiling to be higher than Casey's.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
9 nov. 2022 à 14 h 6
Craig Laughlin Fan
Alexeyev will make his season debut tonight, per El-Bashir. Happy to see him in the lineup over Johansen (who should be able to head back to Hershey without needing waivers), and him getting a start over Irwin makes me hopeful that he will stay up over Irwin.

Other injury news:
Carlson, Orlov no longer in Non-Contact jerseys.
Oshie skating again.

Hopefully the team gets healthy sooner rather than later.
All_Knowing a aimé ceci.
9 nov. 2022 à 14 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Alexeyev will make his season debut tonight, per El-Bashir. Happy to see him in the lineup over Johansen (who should be able to head back to Hershey without needing waivers), and him getting a start over Irwin makes me hopeful that he will stay up over Irwin.

Other injury news:
Oshie skating again.

Do we want Carlson back
9 nov. 2022 à 14 h 9
Craig Laughlin Fan
Do we want Carlson back

Jury is still out on that, in my opinion
9 nov. 2022 à 16 h 11
Modifié 9 nov. 2022 à 16 h 58

Other injury news:
Oshie skating again.

I thought Johansen needs waivers, but could be wrong. EDIT: I was wrong - sorry

I did see a video of Oshie skating - he looked good actually. I am still wondering what the injury was to keep him out "indefinitely". My guess is a partial tear of something - maybe groin?

Apparently, Orlov did not look so comfortable. Carlson looked pretty normal.
NoVaSpartan et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
10 nov. 2022 à 8 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvfrDt-pT8msMJEYRZOLcIDKZ8UTzeK5SucSksyKDSBF-U_I9_nA&s=19 let’s do it. It’s what we need
10 nov. 2022 à 8 h 49
Craig Laughlin Fan
licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvfrDt-pT8msMJEYRZOLcIDKZ8UTzeK5SucSksyKDSBF-U_I9_nA&s=19 let’s do it. It’s what we need

Don't have the Cap Space, to be simple enough. Also the price it would take from Toronto would make zero sense from Washington's end.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
10 nov. 2022 à 8 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Don't have the Cap Space, to be simple enough. Also the price it would take from Toronto would make zero lsense from Washington's end.

It’s the player we need imo. Who would it be tho
10 nov. 2022 à 8 h 58
Craig Laughlin Fan
It’s the player we need imo. Who would it be tho

It just wouldn't be possible. Would take quite a bit to pay for, and with Backstrom probably coming back at some point now (i doubt he's going to retire now, the news of him skating makes me think that he'll force himself back, for better or for worse), even dealing Mantha and Wilson wouldn't give the Caps enough space for both Backstrom and Marner.
10 nov. 2022 à 9 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
What’s the trade value for Mantha
10 nov. 2022 à 9 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Lawson Crouse is our guy I think
10 nov. 2022 à 9 h 22
Craig Laughlin Fan
Lawson Crouse is our guy I think

Eh, I don't see it IMO. His career high in points is only 34, and yet has a huge extension in terms of years. i doubt he puts up good numbers without getting force-fed huge minutes by a forward-needy Arizona. If anyone is a target, I think it could be Kuzmenko. Russian tie in, is putting up good numbers, contract that fits even in a backstrom world, and not not someone that could come with regrettable term.

I just made a post to look at that possibility, and the team could look decent with Kuzmenko. Post Here
10 nov. 2022 à 9 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Eh, I don't see it IMO. His career high in points is only 34, and yet has a huge extension in terms of years. i doubt he puts up good numbers without getting force-fed huge minutes by a forward-needy Arizona. If anyone is a target, I think it could be Kuzmenko. Russian tie in, is putting up good numbers, contract that fits even in a backstrom world, and not not someone that could come with regrettable term.

I just made a post to look at that possibility, and the team could look decent with Kuzmenko. Post Here

Do you think the fan base made Bmac not sign Kane. It would have been nice.
10 nov. 2022 à 9 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
I think defensive rounded offensive forwards will be the ones to succeed. That’s why I believe Wilson was so good last year. We need well rounded players and not one sided.
Work around the system because if it’s played perfectly we are the best team in the league.

Need a bit of a shakeup.

Get the sheary dowd Hathaway back.
10 nov. 2022 à 10 h 43
I think defensive rounded offensive forwards will be the ones to succeed. That’s why I believe Wilson was so good last year. We need well rounded players and not one sided.
Work around the system because if it’s played perfectly we are the best team in the league.

Need a bit of a shakeup.

Get the sheary dowd Hathaway back.

As I was watching last night's game, obviously I was disappointed, especially coming off a great Oilers game. But honestly, I woke up this morning, and I am not terribly concerned. The Caps have a depleted team right now, and it really really showed last night. Despite having a depleted team, we are not getting blown out. We are there with teams, despite having next to nothing offensively (which will change once Wilson, Orlov, Carlson, and Oshie come back). Our defense shows promise, and goaltending obviously has been solid. We have an injured team and are having zero puck luck (showed last night big time). The Caps just need to make sure they go .500 (or above) until December (easier said than done I understand). But by December, I assume Orlov, Carlson, and Oshie will be back, and Wilson will be right around the corner. Plus, with the new additions (Milano and Kubel), I think our lines will be really solid. Something like:

Ovi-Kuzy-Wilson
Milano-Strome-Mantha
MoJo-Eller-Oshie
Sheary-Dowd-Hath

Feh-Carlson
Orlov-Jensen
Gus-TVR

Extras: Alexeyev, Snively, Kubel

Would absolutely love to see Kubel on the 4th line, but I think he might be bounced, especially with Milano's performances recently. Send Protas and McM down. Protas, right now, does not look like an NHL player honestly. And both do not require waivers.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage