Forums/Armchair-GM

TDL If Weegar Signs Extension with Flames

Créé par: Orango
Équipe: 2022-23 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 15 sept. 2022
Publié: 15 sept. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
These moves only happen if the conditions listed below occur. If this does happen, I think it's what the leafs need to finally progress in the playoffs.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1800 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Formenton, Alex [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
This is assuming neither the leafs or senators are able to reach a deal with their pending RFA's. Toronto gets a great young forward to help their top 9 after losing Kerfoot.
OTT
  1. Holl, Justin
  2. Sandin, Rasmus [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
This is assuming neither the leafs or senators are able to reach a deal with their pending RFA's. Ottawa gets a good young defenseman is Sandin who can be part of their core for years to come. They also get Holl who can help bolster their very weak right side, and can also flip him for a pick at the trade dead line if the sens are out of a playoff spot. This also takes into account that the sens will probably dump Zaitsev to a team (probably the coyotes or sabres).
TOR
  1. Tanev, Christopher
Détails additionnels:
*This trade is done at the deadline in order to make the cap work* Tanev is exactly the kind of player the leafs need to push their defense over the top. A right handed, defensive-minded dman who can move the puck off the ice and plays an important role on the penalty kill.
CGY
  1. Kerfoot, Alexander
  2. Knies, Matthew [Liste de réserve]
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (OTT)
Détails additionnels:
*This trade is done at the deadline in order to make the cap work* Calgary has 4 dmen who are more comfortable on the right side. If they are able to sign Weegar to an extension, that puts Tanev at best 3rd on the right behind Weegar and Andersson, and possibly 4th if you throw in Zadorov. This lets Calgary move out an asset they have an abundance of for some help up front with Kerfoot, and a great future with Knies.
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2082 500 000 $80 005 616 $212 500 $0 $2 494 384 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 2
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG
RFA
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 2
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de Flames de Calgary
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 2
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
15 sept. 2022 à 10 h 16
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,537
Calgary isn't trading Tanev lol, Weegar has played LD for 3 seasons straight, he is more than confortable playing there. Not sure where you got the idea Zadorov was more comfortable on the right side when he doesnt play RD at all, or that he would ever be above Tanve - the best shutdown defenseman in the league - in the depths chart
15 sept. 2022 à 10 h 19
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,107
I can't see Calgary trading Tanev at the deadline unless something catastrophic has happened - they really have no one that would be able to step into RD3 if they're in the middle of a playoff push.

I'd rather go into 2023-24 with that crazy depth at RD if I'm the Flames, even if it means I'm paying more for my RD3 than I normally would want to - the team will still have cap to work with since Milan Lucic's $5.25M will expire this summer (and assumedly be devoted mostly to re-signing Weegar.)
15 sept. 2022 à 10 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 74
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Calgary isn't trading Tanev lol, Weegar has played LD for 3 seasons straight, he is more than confortable playing there. Not sure where you got the idea Zadorov was more comfortable on the right side when he doesnt play RD at all, or that he would ever be above Tanve - the best shutdown defenseman in the league - in the depths chart

Zadorov has played over half his games throughout his career on the right side. And I agree Tanev is an amazing player (I am a canucks fan lol), I just thought it was a way for both Toronto and Calgary to improve a somewhat weaker area by dealing from a position of strength.

Calgary is very strong on RD, so they deal to improve in a somewhat weaker area, their top 9 wingers.

Toronto is very strong on top 9 wingers, so they deal to improve in a weaker area, their RD.
15 sept. 2022 à 10 h 27
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 448
Wouldn't touch Formenton with the uncertainty of the 2018 world junior team.
dannibalcorpse a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2022 à 10 h 30
Future Norris guy
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 8,610
Signing MacKenzie Weegar doesn't make Christopher Tanev expendable, So obviously Calgary passes.
15 sept. 2022 à 10 h 31
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,537
Quoting: Orango
Zadorov has played over half his games throughout his career on the right side. And I agree Tanev is an amazing player (I am a canucks fan lol), I just thought it was a way for both Toronto and Calgary to improve a somewhat weaker area by dealing from a position of strength.

Calgary is very strong on RD, so they deal to improve in a somewhat weaker area, their top 9 wingers.

Toronto is very strong on top 9 wingers, so they deal to improve in a weaker area, their RD.

Yeah he was forced to play right side as a depth defenseman on other teams and he was relatively ineffective on those teams outside of hits. In Calgary he's played exclusively LD and have been quite effective there (though I think he learned and improved a lot under Sutter).

Calgary is very strong at Right handed Defense depth, but as stated before Weegar has played almost exclusively LD the last 3 years (except for when Ekblad was hurt). As a Canucks fan you should understand the pain of what it was like when Tanev got injured. Weegar at least provides support there and Kylington can always jump back in to a top 4 role.

As for Toronto they really arent as strong up front on the wing as you make them out to be and their d-core is very good too.

Overall this is just poor asset management by the Flames if they are trying to push for a cup, being one of the like 7-8playoff teams that can actually accrue a relevant amount of cap space this year for a big deadline add they are far better off trading futures for a big fish than a core player
Orango, Gmonwy et GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2022 à 10 h 34
Formerly Jamiepo
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700

Weegar is much better on the right. The only reason he played on the left is because Florida's defence was thin... and trash.

If sutter were smart he would keep his players on their strong sides and role the pairs with similar ice time.
Dr_Invictus a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2022 à 10 h 35
Formerly Jamiepo
Leafs have zero need for any Dmen. Certainly not at that price.
Logan_Ollivier a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2022 à 10 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 74
Yeah he was forced to play right side as a depth defenseman on other teams and he was relatively ineffective on those teams outside of hits. In Calgary he's played exclusively LD and have been quite effective there (though I think he learned and improved a lot under Sutter).

Calgary is very strong at Right handed Defense depth, but as stated before Weegar has played almost exclusively LD the last 3 years (except for when Ekblad was hurt). As a Canucks fan you should understand the pain of what it was like when Tanev got injured. Weegar at least provides support there and Kylington can always jump back in to a top 4 role.

As for Toronto they really arent as strong up front on the wing as you make them out to be and their d-core is very good too.

Overall this is just poor asset management by the Flames if they are trying to push for a cup, being one of the like 7-8playoff teams that can actually accrue a relevant amount of cap space this year for a big deadline add they are far better off trading futures for a big fish than a core player

Point well made, you have officially won me over in your argument smile
Ledge_And_Dairy et Gmonwy a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2022 à 10 h 48
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 903
Tanev is exactly the kind of player the Flames need to push their defense over the top. A right handed, defensive-minded dman who can move the puck off the ice and plays an important role on the penalty kill.
Ledge_And_Dairy a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2022 à 12 h 25
Formerly Jamiepo

I agree with this completely.
Ledge_And_Dairy a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2022 à 13 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,718
Quoting: CapFriendlysFinest
Wouldn't touch Formenton with the uncertainty of the 2018 world junior team.

The law is innocent until proven guilty

If innocent : Sens are simply not interested in that

if guilty : no one touches him and his career is over.
15 sept. 2022 à 13 h 4
Mentions "j'aime": 448
Quoting: Xspyrit
The law is innocent until proven guilty

If innocent : Sens are simply not interested in that

if guilty : no one touches him and his career is over.

Agreed.
15 sept. 2022 à 13 h 56
Dr_Invictus
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 878
I don't hate the Calgary trade. Weegar could play RD and Calgary has enough depth at D to still contend in. The playoffs. I just don't know if it would happen on TD day.
15 sept. 2022 à 21 h 29
Wolf.for.Vezina
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 253
flames reject, we have more than enough to extend weegar

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage