Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $81 589 333 $896 000 $2 200 000 $910 667 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 4
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 7
Virtanen, Jake
750 000 $750 000 $
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
RFA - 2
4 167 000 $4 167 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 sept. 2022 à 19 h 15
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
I'd much rather dump Foegele with a pick than take little to no return for Pulju
KingofRnR et CD282 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 19 h 20
Engvall Enthusiast
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 39
You’d think that Edmonton would be able to get more than a 4th round pick for Puljujarvi

But why get rid of Puljujarvi in the first place when you have Warren Foegele and Tyson Barrie . Edmonton would be better off trading one of them, even if the return isn’t great, rather then losing Puljujarvi for almost nothing
CD282 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 19 h 42
TrevorA
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,831
Quoting: MitchSwitcher
You’d think that Edmonton would be able to get more than a 4th round pick for Puljujarvi

But why get rid of Puljujarvi in the first place when you have Warren Foegele and Tyson Barrie . Edmonton would be better off trading one of them, even if the return isn’t great, rather then losing Puljujarvi for almost nothing

Likely because McDavid & Draisaitl don't like Puljujarvi. I agree moving Foegele is the better alternative, but who replaces Barrie at RD?
14 sept. 2022 à 19 h 48
TrevorA
Puljujarvi brings a mid-to-late 2nd or very early 3rd RD Pick minimum IMO
14 sept. 2022 à 20 h 2
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,714
Quoting: justaBoss
I'd much rather dump Foegele with a pick than take little to no return for Pulju

Considering he has term, would you do Foegele and a 2nd for nothing? Because I don't think any team is taking him on for any less than that.
14 sept. 2022 à 20 h 11
What in tarnation
Quoting: F50marco
Considering he has term, would you do Foegele and a 2nd for nothing? Because I don't think any team is taking him on for any less than that.

If that was my only option, yes.

I feel that the loss of a low 2nd is much smaller than the loss of Pulju, should he have a breakthrough season.
F50marco a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 20 h 57
If that was my only option, yes.

I feel that the loss of a low 2nd is much smaller than the loss of Pulju, should he have a breakthrough season.

Well you are assuming his role this year will be as it was prior. I think it was pretty clear that management and the coaching staff weren't happy with his game during the playoffs last year and that is what has led to him being shopped this offseason. I don't think he's going to break out this year, in EDM, if he stays. Might stagnate or decline. He however could potentially breakout on another team. So EDM is in a no win scenario right now with him unless they purposefully do the opposite of what they'rve been indicating and keep him and play him good minutes to try to increase his value as much as possible which I'm not certain they'll do.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 21 h 26
What in tarnation
Well you are assuming his role this year will be as it was prior. I think it was pretty clear that management and the coaching staff weren't happy with his game during the playoffs last year and that is what has led to him being shopped this offseason. I don't think he's going to break out this year, in EDM, if he stays. Might stagnate or decline. He however could potentially breakout on another team. So EDM is in a no win scenario right now with him unless they purposefully do the opposite of what they'rve been indicating and keep him and play him good minutes to try to increase his value as much as possible which I'm not certain they'll do.

Admittedly his playoffs last year were far from impressive, but I'm of the opinion that it was strongly because back in February when Woodcroft became their head coach Puljujärvi was injured, and when he returned he was never able to gain Woodcroft's trust, which ultimately lead to a diminishing role in the roster, and especially during playoff time Woodcroft didn't want to take any risks with a guy he didn't fully trust. It was a downward spiral from the get go.

Now it's a new year and he has ample amount of opportunities to impress him again. Which I'm banking on him to do.

You are correct that EDM is in a lose-lose scenario here, but I still think the risks of dumping Foegele with a low second are far smaller than the risks of dumping Puljujärvi, even if it doesn't cost them a penny.
F50marco a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 22 h 7
TrevorA
Admittedly his playoffs last year were far from impressive, but I'm of the opinion that it was strongly because back in February when Woodcroft became their head coach Puljujärvi was injured, and when he returned he was never able to gain Woodcroft's trust, which ultimately lead to a diminishing role in the roster, and especially during playoff time Woodcroft didn't want to take any risks with a guy he didn't fully trust. It was a downward spiral from the get go.

Now it's a new year and he has ample amount of opportunities to impress him again. Which I'm banking on him to do.

You are correct that EDM is in a lose-lose scenario here, but I still think the risks of dumping Foegele with a low second are far smaller than the risks of dumping Puljujärvi, even if it doesn't cost them a penny.

I calculate the Oilers need to move out $2.7-2.9mil minimum to be cap compliant with 23 Roster Players. I see Foegele rebounding and having a much better season, but I don't see Puljujarvi doing much better, not on the Oilers anyways, especially if they relegate him to 3RW. The Best soluition is to move Barrie for a Big Stay at Home D-Man, preferable an RD as well, but Kulak could move to 3RD or they could try Vincent Desharnais. Having Bouchard and Barrie is redundant. Barrie is underrated on this and many sites and should hold much more value than either Puljujarvi or Foegele too. He's the one that should be moved first, but if they don't feel they have a satisfactory replacement, then it should be Puljujarvi next for whatever asset they can get, not Foegele at the cost if an asset. Just my opinion
14 sept. 2022 à 22 h 17
What in tarnation
Quoting: KingofRnR
I calculate the Oilers need to move out $2.7-2.9mil minimum to be cap compliant with 23 Roster Players. I see Foegele rebounding and having a much better season, but I don't see Puljujarvi doing much better, not on the Oilers anyways, especially if they relegate him to 3RW. The Best soluition is to move Barrie for a Big Stay at Home D-Man, preferable an RD as well, but Kulak could move to 3RD or they could try Vincent Desharnais. Having Bouchard and Barrie is redundant. Barrie is underrated on this and many sites and should hold much more value than either Puljujarvi or Foegele too. He's the one that should be moved first, but if they don't feel they have a satisfactory replacement, then it should be Puljujarvi next for whatever asset they can get, not Foegele at the cost if an asset. Just my opinion

Problem is that stay at home defensemen are being valued significantly higher right now than offensive minded ones.

While Barrie is a decent Top4 guy, I don't think EDM is able to get a more defensive Top4 RHD in return for him.

Frankly, as things stand I don't know what team would be even the best fit for Barrie. Teams capable of taking him in terms of cap have very little need of a player like him. ANA has Klingberg and Shatty. ARI is not adding players, they already have too many D-men to play in NHL. Buffalo's right side is set with Dahlin, Lyubushkin and Jokiharju. Detroit doesn't need another offensive guy with Seider and Hronek. And lastly with Jones and Murphy in Hawks they're also set in terms of D-men, they're also likely looking to subtract instead of adding. That covers all teams that can take Barrie in as a cap dump.
14 sept. 2022 à 22 h 32
TrevorA
Problem is that stay at home defensemen are being valued significantly higher right now than offensive minded ones.

While Barrie is a decent Top4 guy, I don't think EDM is able to get a more defensive Top4 RHD in return for him.

Frankly, as things stand I don't know what team would be even the best fit for Barrie. Teams capable of taking him in terms of cap have very little need of a player like him. ANA has Klingberg and Shatty. ARI is not adding players, they already have too many D-men to play in NHL. Buffalo's right side is set with Dahlin, Lyubushkin and Jokiharju. Detroit doesn't need another offensive guy with Seider and Hronek. And lastly with Jones and Murphy in Hawks they're also set in terms of D-men, they're also likely looking to subtract instead of adding. That covers all teams that can take Barrie in as a cap dump.

I don't consider Barrie a Cap Dump at all, he's similar to Klingberg to me, but I was thinking MTL and specifically Joel Edmundson (don't want David Savard). That only opens up $1mil for EDM though, so send Puljujarvi too for one of Jake Evans, Rem Pitlick + or Joel Armia 50% retained + Chris Weidman, just don't know whether MTL would go for it, but if they want the 1st Overall Pick in Next Year's Draft, they should
14 sept. 2022 à 23 h 6
What in tarnation
I don't consider Barrie a Cap Dump at all, he's similar to Klingberg to me, but I was thinking MTL and specifically Joel Edmundson (don't want David Savard). That only opens up $1mil for EDM though, so send Puljujarvi too for one of Jake Evans, Rem Pitlick + or Joel Armia 50% retained + Chris Weidman, just don't know whether MTL would go for it, but if they want the 1st Overall Pick in Next Year's Draft, they should

I don't think they plan to move Edmundson any time soon but who knows.

Maybe something like Barrie for half retained Dadonov? They would probably favor swapping a winger for a D.
15 sept. 2022 à 1 h 46
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 986
There's no way Edmonton hasn't been offered at leat a 4th round pick yet
KingofRnR et CD282 a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2022 à 2 h 11
TrevorA
Quoting: C21
There's no way Edmonton hasn't been offered at least a 4th round pick yet

Which would have been declined had they...
C21 a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2022 à 8 h 15
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,734
Likely because McDavid & Draisaitl don't like Puljujarvi.

There's no evidence that this is true.
15 sept. 2022 à 8 h 36
Well you are assuming his role this year will be as it was prior. I think it was pretty clear that management and the coaching staff weren't happy with his game during the playoffs last year and that is what has led to him being shopped this offseason.

Jesse's playoffs weren't great, but do you know who had a worse playoff run? Warren Foegele. Foegele was healthy scratched 3 times in the playoffs and scored zero goals at 5v5 vs Puljujarvi's 0.77/60 rate. His on-ice goals were 3-7 (30.00 GF%) with a 47.73 xGF%, while Puljujarvi posted 8-8 goals (50.00 GF%) with a 59.54 xGF%.

Moreover, at the beginning of summer Holland was asked about re-signing Puljujarvi and his response was to talk about playoffs and how important a big body like Puljujarvi is in the postseason.

I don't think he's going to break out this year, in EDM, if he stays. Might stagnate or decline. He however could potentially breakout on another team.

There's evidence to the contrary. Jesse started out last season at 28, 10-13-23 (a 29 goal, 67 point pace) before his production was derailed by long-COVID and injuries. Despite this, he still finished top-5 in the entire league for on-ice metrics as measured relative to his team. Every single Edmonton forward to play with Puljujarvi had better results with him than without him last year. He's a significant contributor in many ways already. I don't think there's any evidence of stagnation or decline as long as he's healthy.
F50marco a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2022 à 9 h 40

Links
http://naturalstattrick.com/playerteams.php?fromseason=20212022&thruseason=20212022&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&stdoi=oi&rate=r&team=ALL&pos=F&loc=B&toi=300&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=410&lines=single&draftteam=ALL

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/extending-jesse-puljujarvi-should-be-priority-one-for-oilers-gm-ken-holland-heres-why
F50marco a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2022 à 13 h 22
TrevorA
Quoting: CD282
There's no evidence that this is true.

https://nhlrumors.com/nhl-rumors-jesse-puljujarvi-looking-to-get-out-of-edmonton-again/2022/07/01/

Something's up in that Locker Room
15 sept. 2022 à 13 h 38
Jesse's playoffs weren't great, but do you know who had a worse playoff run? Warren Foegele. Foegele was healthy scratched 3 times in the playoffs and scored zero goals at 5v5 vs Puljujarvi's 0.77/60 rate. His on-ice goals were 3-7 (30.00 GF%) with a 47.73 xGF%, while Puljujarvi posted 8-8 goals (50.00 GF%) with a 59.54 xGF%.

Moreover, at the beginning of summer Holland was asked about re-signing Puljujarvi and his response was to talk about playoffs and how important a big body like Puljujarvi is in the postseason.

There's evidence to the contrary. Jesse started out last season at 28, 10-13-23 (a 29 goal, 67 point pace) before his production was derailed by long-COVID and injuries. Despite this, he still finished top-5 in the entire league for on-ice metrics as measured relative to his team. Every single Edmonton forward to play with Puljujarvi had better results with him than without him last year. He's a significant contributor in many ways already. I don't think there's any evidence of stagnation or decline as long as he's healthy.

If they can make it work with Puljujarvi, that's the optimal option absolutely. It'll all come down to will they? I'm only going on what I've heard and seen from EDM.

No one is denying Foegele sucks, thats why you got to pay to get rid of him right now but Puljujarvi would not cost anything to get rid of and you'd get more cap space. if you're not sure he's going to be put in a position to reach this potential, you got to make a decision on him eventually. Not to mention, we don't know what the cost would be to move Foegele right now either. if its a 4th rounder, you do that and don't even blink. If its a 2nd+....... that's a tough pill to swallow IMO.

All depends on how they fit under the cap before the start of the season. If they can find a way cheaply, without moving Puljujarvi, by all means they should do that.
15 sept. 2022 à 14 h 7
https://nhlrumors.com/nhl-rumors-jesse-puljujarvi-looking-to-get-out-of-edmonton-again/2022/07/01/

Something's up in that Locker Room

That was debunked months ago. Jesse has re-signed with the Oilers since! tears of joy

Get with the times.
15 sept. 2022 à 14 h 10
If they can make it work with Puljujarvi, that's the optimal option absolutely. It'll all come down to will they? I'm only going on what I've heard and seen from EDM.

No one is denying Foegele sucks, thats why you got to pay to get rid of him right now but Puljujarvi would not cost anything to get rid of and you'd get more cap space. if you're not sure he's going to be put in a position to reach this potential, you got to make a decision on him eventually. Not to mention, we don't know what the cost would be to move Foegele right now either. if its a 4th rounder, you do that and don't even blink. If its a 2nd+....... that's a tough pill to swallow IMO.

All depends on how they fit under the cap before the start of the season. If they can find a way cheaply, without moving Puljujarvi, by all means they should do that.

Here are Foegele's comps. He doesn't suck, he's just a victim of Edmonton's cap circumstances.

Foegele v Hagel

Foegele v Goodrow

Foegele v Coleman
15 sept. 2022 à 14 h 13
TrevorA
That was debunked months ago. Jesse has re-signed with the Oilers since! tears of joy

Get with the times.

Signing him doesn't mean everything's fixed, it just makes it easier to move him with Teams knowing what the contract is = no guessing. There's a reason he only extended for 1 year
15 sept. 2022 à 14 h 13
TrevorA
Here are Foegele's comps. He doesn't suck, he's just a victim of Edmonton's cap circumstances.

Foegele v Hagel

Foegele v Goodrow

Foegele v Coleman

I Agree that Foegele doesn't necessarily suck, but his Cap Hit certainly does
15 sept. 2022 à 14 h 17
Signing him doesn't mean everything's fixed, it just makes it easier to move him with Teams knowing what the contract is = no guessing. There's a reason he only extended for 1 year

shakes head

He was extended 1 year because he's betting on himself. Last year he struggled with long-COVID and injuries, why would he go long term now when his value isn't high? That's silly. The team didn't want to go 2 years because that would lead him straight to UFA status. This way he's still an RFA under team control next summer. It isn't hard.
15 sept. 2022 à 14 h 21
I Agree that Foegele doesn't necessarily suck, but his Cap Hit certainly does

His cap hit doesn't suck either - look what Goodrow got in free agency. It's just that Edmonton had the opportunity to sign Kane and Campbell this summer and they took it. So now they're over the cap. That combined with the fact the have a highly ranked C/LW prospect coming up through the ranks leaves Foegele the obvious choice for liquidation.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage