SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Pre-Season Discussion Thread #1: The Boys Are Back

14 sept. 2022 à 15 h 27
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Quoting: justaBoss
The Toews trade doesn't make any sense imo. We already have surplus of centers in comparison to available positions.

Unless it's Devon Toews we're talking about awesome face

I was thinking Nill rewards the team by going for the other Chicago guy
14 sept. 2022 à 15 h 30
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Who are the best young players (22-24 YO) who are likely to go on waivers before the season starts?
14 sept. 2022 à 15 h 35
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 14 sept. 2022 à 15 h 41
Quoting: Db1899
Who are the best young players (22-24 YO) who are likely to go on waivers before the season starts?

With Texier out probs not anymore but

TREY Fix-WOLANSKY, Liam Foudy. Starting off slow now but still young enough to have potential
Db1899 et yikes a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 15 h 35
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448

Jack Hughes awesome face
Db1899, A_Habs_fan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 15 h 38
What in tarnation

Realistically though guys like Martin Kaut, Kole Lind, Aleksi Heponiemi, Marian Studenic, Conor Timmins, Juuso Välimäki and Dmitri Samorukov come to mind.

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-calculator you can check them from here.
Db1899, yikes et pinslack a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 15 h 42
Realistically though guys like Martin Kaut, Kole Lind, Aleksi Heponiemi, Marian Studenic, Conor Timmins, Juuso Välimäki and Dmitri Samorukov come to mind.

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-calculator you can check them from here.

Maybe POJ as well. No room for him in the lineup after the ty smith trade.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 15 h 49
Hakuna Matata
Maybe POJ as well. No room for him in the lineup after the ty smith trade.

Was thinking POJ for Denisenko

As Florida really has no need for him and rn needs a LD and Pittsburgh got to many D
14 sept. 2022 à 15 h 53
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,548
my hot takes:

- Cole Caufield gets 40 goals, 70 points
- Tavares gets moved to LW, TOR trades for Toews in a three way trade with Roni Hirvonen being the centrepiece
- Matvei Michkov falls to 4OA as the situation in Russia gets foggier and foggier
- One of Grigori Denisenko or Spencer Knight are moved out of Florida as Zito continues going all-in. This ends up very badly by 2025, and one of CGY or MTL has a lottery pick (don't remember conditions)
- Auston Matthews hits 70 goals
- SJS gets sick of the Karlsson contract and trades him in a three way trade... Karlsson goes to a rebuilding team (ARZ?), Timo Meier gets traded to a contender half retained, and part of the Meier return goes to the rebuilding team
- The Skinner-Thompson-Tuch line gets moved down to second, Peterka-Krebs-Quinn becomes the first. Dylan Cozens is shifted to wing beside Casey Mittelstadt
- Connor McDavid gets 140 points; 45 goals, 95 assists. Draisaitl gets 120; 50 goals, 70 assists. One of Puljujarvi or Yamamoto is put on their wing to boost trade value
- Jakob Pelletier ends up in the top six (Huberdeau-Lindholm-Mangiapane, Pelletier-Kadri-Toffoli) and gets 50 pts
- something about evander kane
DirtyDangle, justaBoss et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 16 h 0
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

At least one of Kelly, Gambrell, or Hawryluk may go on waivers, although Kelly’s probably the only one worth claiming from the Sens. Valimaki seems likely to be the guy lost on waivers for the Flames
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 16 h 14
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
unknown.png

100 top players just dropped
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 17 h 14
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
hot takes

rangers finish 1st in the east.
jack hughes finishes top 10 in forward scoring.
ottawa wins battle of ontairo
pens and caps both miss the playoffs
gallaher gets traded
calgary finishes 1st in the nhl, lands patrick kane.
eichel scores 80+ points
seattle makes the playoffs, kings miss.
14 sept. 2022 à 17 h 54
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Modifié 14 sept. 2022 à 18 h 4

I am assuming Gregor is on a two way (if he isn't a hole will open up inside me) - but if Gregor hits the market hes a big ticket imo. SJ has provided some qualty talent throughout the league in drafting/dev and I think Gregor, if he doesnt figure it out in SJ, he will eventually (which IMO he isn't set up for success this season). He quite literally is going to have to "kill" for it in teal.

Which again, it begs the statement if he is good enough to figure it out he will earn a spot. But man when he was playing with Bordeleau (prob AHL), and Balcers (in f***ing florida for nothing but a buyout..), they looked like a line that was hungry and could work together. And Gregor wasn't just along for the ride, he stood out.

He's proven hes an NHLer, and hes shown contender worthy 3rd line play. It's a story we've seen with the garbage Sharks, losing talent cause we aren't a winning team; yet they are just that. Talent.

I believe it was you or [url=/users/Alfie11][url=/users/Alfie11]@Alfie11[/url][/url] who loved the Balcers pick up by Florida, maybe it was[url=/users/a_habs_fan][url=/users/a_habs_fan]@a_habs_fan[/url][/url], I feel like if I recall I wasn't too critical of Grier at the time. I was wrong, should have imploded. He needed to be traded not bought out but maybe he was stuck in a hard place idk.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 18 h 0
Quoting: yikes
I am assuming Gregor is on a two way (if he isn't a hole will open up inside me) - but if Gregor hits the market hes a big ticket imo. SJ has provided some qualty talent throughout the league in drafting/dev and I think Gregor, if he doesnt figure it out in SJ, he will eventually (which IMO he isn't set up for success this season). He quite literally is going to have to "kill" for it in teal.

Which again, it begs the statement if he is good enough to figure it out he will earn a spot. But man when he was playing with Bordeleau (prob AHL), and Balcers (in f***ing florida for nothing but a buyout..), they looked like a line that was hungry and could work together. And Gregor wasn't just along for the ride, he stood out.

He's proven hes an NHLer, and hes shown contender worthy 3rd line play. It's a story we've seen with the garbage Sharks, losing talent cause we aren't a winning team; yet they are just that. Talent.

I believe it was you or [url=/users/Alfie11][url=/users/Alfie11]Alfie11[/url][/url] who loved the Balcers pick up by Florida, maybe it was [url=/users/a_habs_fan][url=/users/a_habs_fan]a_habs_fan[/url][/url], I feel like if I recall I wasn't too critical of Grier at the time. I was wrong, should have imploded.

I am a balcers fan because Im confident that his GF/60 with skyrocket on Florida with better finishers.

<a href=Screen-Shot-2022-09-14-at-5-59-14-PM">
Remus a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 18 h 1
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816

justaBoss, A_Habs_fan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 18 h 6

lmao
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 18 h 11
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 14 sept. 2022 à 21 h 17

lmao

Watch it be Holland trading out JP and bringing in Virtanen.....
A_Habs_fan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 18 h 35
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: DirtyDangle
hot takes

rangers finish 1st in the east.
jack hughes finishes top 10 in forward scoring.
ottawa wins battle of ontairo
pens and caps both miss the playoffs
gallaher gets traded
calgary finishes 1st in the nhl, lands patrick kane.
eichel scores 80+ points
seattle makes the playoffs, kings miss.

Eichel one isn't a hot take. 100+ would be a hot take.
DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 18 h 38
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293

Lmao, they really want to prove money/talent makes bad things go away
14 sept. 2022 à 18 h 51
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
My hot takes:

Chicago gets carried by Toews, Kane and Seth Jones into 6th in the Central ( over the Jets who trade Wheeler, Dubois and Scheifele, Perfetti replaces PLD immediately )
Seattle makes the playoffs for the first time in history as Grubauer bounces back and the Pacific continues to be a bad division
Dylan Larkin gets traded out of Detroit ( Colorado? ) and CapFriendly rejoices
Montreal does not completely suck and ends up at 7th in the Atlantic ( Ottawa/Buffalo’s goaltending fails completely and their defence is bottom 5 )
Tampa doesn’t make the cup finals after making it for the past 3 years due to Chris Kreider doing what he does best in a ECF rematch
justaBoss et zk97 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 19 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
My hot takes:

Chicago gets carried by Toews, Kane and Seth Jones into 6th in the Central ( over the Jets who trade Wheeler, Dubois and Scheifele, Perfetti replaces PLD immediately )
Seattle makes the playoffs for the first time in history as Grubauer bounces back and the Pacific continues to be a bad division
Dylan Larkin gets traded out of Detroit ( Colorado? ) and CapFriendly rejoices
Montreal does not completely suck and ends up at 7th in the Atlantic ( Ottawa/Buffalo’s goaltending fails completely and their defence is bottom 5 )
Tampa doesn’t make the cup finals after making it for the past 3 years due to Chris Kreider doing what he does best in a ECF rematch

I think Larkin getting traded aint a hot take

As Larkin changed agents for a reason this guy wants $

Question is does Yzerman have that in his big plan for Detroit

So to play it safe trade him for a haul at the TDL as werent there reports saying that everyone was available but Seider, Raymond, and the other A level prospects a year ago
14 sept. 2022 à 20 h 3
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,233
LFG!!! Can't wait
14 sept. 2022 à 21 h 20
What in tarnation
Since everyone's listing hot takes for next year, I suppose I'm obligated to do this as well

My 5 blazing hot takes

- Flyers ends up in a chaotic state. Their record for the season start will be something like 2-16-2 and both Torts, Fletcher and the whole front office and coaching staff ends up getting sacked (or they resign) until Christmas time. They'll be setting for a mass rebuild in order to get the best odds for the first overall pick

- Bowen Byram will be a Norris contender

- Teuvo Teräväinen scores 100 points

- By the new year Vancouver will be topping the Western conference, but falls out of playoffs in the end (potentially because of Demko injury)

- Montreal will own three Top10 picks in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft - their own, Florida's one and New Jersey's one. And one of them will be the winner of the "second lottery." However, none of them will be a Top5 pick.
14 sept. 2022 à 21 h 24
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,548
Since everyone's listing hot takes for next year, I suppose I'm obligated to do this as well

My 5 blazing hot takes

- Flyers ends up in a chaotic state. Their record for the season start will be something like 2-16-2 and both Torts, Fletcher and the whole front office and coaching staff ends up getting sacked (or they resign) until Christmas time. They'll be setting for a mass rebuild in order to get the best odds for the first overall pick

- By the new year Vancouver will be topping the Western conference, but falls out of playoffs in the end (potentially because of Demko injury)

- Montreal will own three Top10 picks in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft - their own, Florida's one and New Jersey's one. And one of them will be the winner of the "second lottery." However, none of them will be a Top5 pick.

i have lots of questions

how does MTL acquire the 2023 NJD 1st? caufield move?
and how does one pick win the second lottery (presumably for 2OA), stay in the top 10, but not be in the top 5?
capsfan2121 et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 21 h 25
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,165

My 5 blazing hot takes

that teuvo take is hot
justaBoss et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 21 h 29
What in tarnation
Quoting: Zuki9797
i have lots of questions

how does MTL acquire the 2023 NJD 1st? caufield move?
and how does one pick win the second lottery (presumably for 2OA), stay in the top 10, but not be in the top 5?

I'm not going to go in details here, but I think Fitzgerald is going to be doing something really stupid that'll set this site ablaze.

Winning a second lottery but not gaining a top5 pick basically means that the team with lowest odds to win the lottery ends up winning it, which lifts them from 16th to 6th. Whichever team is the original owner of that pick will be left undisclosed.
zk97 et Db1899 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage