Mentions "j'aime": 906
Quoting: Devil

Water bottle?
DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 8 h 28
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291
Great article from the Hockey News on the Jets culture problems
NoVaSpartan, Saskleaf, justaBoss and 7 others a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 8 h 48
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,707
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Funny enough, I had this conversation with a friend last night. I wonder if the team and its drama-laden core was the big reason Byfuglien never returned to hockey. We knew he had problems with Kane even before he retired, and as more and more about this organization come to light, I would venture to guess he had enough of the bullsh** and decided it wasn't worth it to keep playing.
Saskleaf, justaBoss, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 9 h 4
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152

Quoting: NoVaSpartan
Funny enough, I had this conversation with a friend last night. I wonder if the team and its drama-laden core was the big reason Byfuglien never returned to hockey. We knew he had problems with Kane even before he retired, and as more and more about this organization come to light, I would venture to guess he had enough of the bullsh** and decided it wasn't worth it to keep playing.

At this point I think Winnipeg has been relegated from my second favourite team down a few notches. I just can’t bring myself to like this team to any degree. Calgary is way more likeable.
Tintin a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 9 h 14
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Bobcat's Post-Game Notes, TCPT Game 2

Jackets lose, 5-2 against the Detroit Red WIngs.

- This is the first time i've seen Pavel Cajan in net ever, so i'm coming into this game with a bit of caution. Who knows if he's actually good?

- Riley Pearcey (who?) tips a Jeremie Biakabutuka (who?) shot past Pavel 7 minutes into the second period. Not really much he could do. Very much a Boone Jenner type play.

- Kent Johnson scores again to tie it up! Mikael Pyyhtia takes a shot on net, and Kenny gets the rebound past "The Leaning Tower of Detroit" Sebastian Cossa. Good stuff.

- Kirill Marchenko had another strong game tonight. Dumais to Marchenko is a true combo.

- I had never heard of Riley Pearcey before today, but now i do. HE SCORED 4 GOALS TONIGHT. Who is this guy, and why is he so good?

- So, that's it? We have a winning streak at Traverse City dating back to 2019, and it ends with an unforgiving thud. Ouch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bobcat's Post-Game Notes, Game 3

Jackets win, 3-2 in overtime over the Toronto Maple Leafs.

- This is the last chance for people to show out. Let's go.

- David Jiricek scores his first goal in a Blue Jackets uniform (technically) with a shot from the point that sails right past Keith Petruzzelli. Always nice to see a defenseman score.

- Roman Ahcan gets a penalty shot, but Petruzzelli makes the stop. From what i've seen, i see Ahcan as more of a physical presence than a scorer, so i expected this.

- We had a bit of a hiccup between the first and second periods: Graham Slaggert (i've heard this name before, but who?) gets it past Greaves to tie it up, and then Alex Steeves (a more recognizable name) puts another goal in to make it 2-1 Leafs. Uh oh.

- WITH A MINUTE LEFT, JORDAN DUMAIS SCORES! WE'RE GOING TO OVERTIME! N I C E .

- Overtime was rather boring until the very end, where KIRILL THE THRILL wins it off a wraparound. I'm really proud of this guy, hope to see him at the NHL level in a sheltered role this year.

- And so, our time in Traverse City is over. Our undefeated streak is over, but we still end the tournament with a winning record. Yay!
NoVaSpartan et Remus a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 9 h 21
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: aadoyle
They can find a trade partner for Holl as if you are offering a borderline top 4 Dman with 1 year left there will be a team that will take him especially if its for free.

Kulikov was the prime example for Holl

and then they got the cap space to give sandin 1.7m x 2 years

Pretty sure though Holl's going to SEA as they apparently are looking for a RD and their coach knows Holl

Also waiving Engvall makes no sense. It would be like Colorado waiving Compher

if holl could be traded for free it wouldve happened already
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 10 h 54
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

Nice pickup
yikes, A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 11 h 11
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
San Jose Sharks
Can Karlsson recreate his flair from Ottawa with the new Sharks

One interesting thought I have had is - Erik Karlsson and life without Burns.
Burns and Karlsson, both being overpaid former elite D men, with the former being slightly overpaid at 8, and the latter paid for his past at 11.
Burns was still a stud in your top 4 and same with Karlsson, just each completely different and had their own stories. Burns logged the heaviest minutes in the league at
37 years old. Provides quality offence with okay defense, his errors often stand out though as he has some tendencies like the "lie on your belly 2 on 1 defensive stance".
At a 5mil aav, and less spotlight in Carolina (Burns was a icon in SJ, and in teal), he is going to bloom in Carolina and I feel provide them an immensly powerful blue line with Slavin (elite) and Pesce (top defensive player). Burns is on a cup contender and a situation in which he is going to thrive in my opinion.

Karlsson on the other hand is on a team thats in the murky middle, the Sharks could be a WC team or they could be another top pick. Or they just float at 12th. There are a ton of questions in SJS but there is some stand out points that can out shine the teams flaws. Karlsson still provides some of the most talented offence in the league on the blue line, and to be frank he often was in Burns' shadow as Burns was relied on more heavily and also with his ironman body, Karlssons injury troubles would often see him away from the ice. If Karlsson can stay healthy, I think Quinn can get Karlsson to take the true quarterback lead in San Jose that he once had with Ottawa. San Jose still has a nearly elite talent in Meier and Hertl, and if Meier can build on the last season; he truly will earn the right of being called elite.

I don't think Karlsson is going to win the Norris, but if Karlsson can get 60+ games in, and take the reins, I think the Sharks can surprise. Both Grier and Quinn want a fast paced, aggressive offence and thats Karlsson bread and butter. He now has a deeper offence upfront with Kunin and Lindblom joining the ranks, and Eklund is looking primed for a full year in NA. Bordeleau is knocking at the door and Gregor has the potential to be a middle 6 winger. Even more so; Merkley, Kniazev, and Hatakka are looking to compete with Benning and Nuutivarra. Each of the three rookies have had standout showings in different ways. Merkley still has the "it" factor and he needs to put it together. Kniazev two years straight has been building a case to dethrone Merkley as a star OFD prospect. and Hatakka is a much more rounded player who isn't noticeable because he is a safe and reliable player who makes the right players. But none of these D men are going to quarterback our offence. It's just Karlsson. This is a team with no clear path, but also a much more linear goal. Karlsson is suited to the style of play "discussed" and now he just needs seize the moment. San Jose's plan is simple, leave Bob Boughners heavy defense behind, while hopefully while still maintaining his teachings. Transition to an offence led by Karlsson while energized by Meier and Hertl.
19 sept. 2022 à 11 h 49
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084

Kane-Mcdavid-Virtanen 💯
NoVaSpartan, A_Habs_fan, csick and 6 others a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 11 h 52
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 11 h 52
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Db1899

Kane-Mcdavid-Virtanen 💯

Virtanen and Kane on the same freakin team 😂
A_Habs_fan, Db1899, csick and 4 others a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 11 h 52

Kane-Mcdavid-Virtanen 💯

Anything it takes to win i guess, let's hope Virtanen actually puts effort into playing this time
MatthewsFan, Db1899, csick and 3 others a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 11 h 53
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,707

Kane-Mcdavid-Virtanen 💯

"Virtanen likely to Edmonton"
"Edmonton out of running for Virtanen"
"Virtanen signs pto with Edmonton"

the possible end to the least interesting "will they, won't they" in hockey
Db1899, Saskleaf, Bobcat205 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 11 h 55
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

Kane-Mcdavid-Virtanen 💯

L franchise

Quoting: MatthewsFan

Nice pickup

Big W, Flames stay the better Alberta team
A_Habs_fan, MatthewsFan, csick and 4 others a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 11 h 56
Ovchinnikov 137
Anything it takes to win i guess, let's hope Virtanen actually puts effort into playing this time

Not taking into account the lawsuit against him, I just don't know why you sign Virtanen over Milano. This is a huge Holland L for me
19 sept. 2022 à 11 h 57
I make typos
reminder that a PTO is not a contract
19 sept. 2022 à 11 h 57
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Not taking into account the lawsuit against him, I just don't know why you sign Virtanen over Milano. This is a huge Holland L for me

Virtanen has decent potential, it'd just help if he played defence and put in effort
19 sept. 2022 à 11 h 57
I make typos
Quoting: Alfie11
L franchise

Big W, Flames stay the better Alberta team

5 games
19 sept. 2022 à 12 h 0
Ovchinnikov 137
Virtanen has decent potential, it'd just help if he played defence and put in effort

16 points in the KHL, I don't see any potential so agree to disagree there.

He’s never been a strong driver of play himself, either. According to Natural Stat Trick, his shot attempt share, goal share and expected goal share have consistently sat below 50% during his career.

I hope they sign him and trade Jesse for nothing
yikes, A_Habs_fan et Tintin a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 12 h 2
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: oilersguy
5 games

same number of round 3 wins 🤷‍♂️ tiebreaker goes to the team that doesn’t associate with criminals
yikes a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 12 h 4
I make typos

Kane-Mcdavid-Virtanen 💯

if he does sign a contract he probably won't be on the first line.

I understand why their doing this but the Oilers already have way to forwards and have a good amount of forward prospects with a chance to make the NHL so Virtanen isn't really need
19 sept. 2022 à 12 h 6
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Sonny Milano woulda put up 25 goals in EDM, JVirt is going to put up 2 points and get sent down.
19 sept. 2022 à 12 h 6
I make typos

interesting that the Oilers are the first team in NHL to do this
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 12 h 9
Quoting: oilersguy

interesting that the Oilers are the first team in NHL to do this

They aren't the first, they're the only right now, i'm sure other teams throughout NHL history have done this
oilersguy, capsfan2121, csick and 4 others a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage