SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

St. Louis Blues signed Jordan Kyrou (8 Years / $8,125,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

14 sept. 2022 à 21 h 26
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 539
Quoting: BCAPP
Prior to last season Thompson had 18 goals and 35 points in 145 GP
Over 82 thats the equivalent of 10 goals and 20 points a year. ie a 4th liner

Kyrou had 19 goals and 47 pts in 99 games
Over 82 thats the equivalent of 15 g and 39 pts
He also had good second line numbers the year before. Thompson's is more of an outlier, Kyrou a normal progression

After looking more closely, I think you’re right. Kyrou did take a big jump last season at age 23, which is perhaps a little later than average for a winger to break out, but certainly not unusual. He was pretty good in the shortened 2021 season too, and he didn’t get a lot of NHL time before that, so his profile looks more like a normal progression for a second-round draft pick trying to break into the NHL on a strong team.

Thompson, on the other hand, has been in the NHL for 5 seasons. Even with missing the middle season due to injuries, that’s still plenty of time to show what he could do, which before last season wasn’t much.

So my apologies to Jordan Kyrou for comparing his contract unfavourably with Thompson’s. Maybe they will both continue to produce like last season, but based on what they’ve shown so far, Kyrou appears to be the better bet.
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2022 à 21 h 58
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 539
Quoting: RawDeal
On the fence but voted yes because no signing bonuses...

…but he has a full no-trade clause in years 3-7. I don’t know which is worse. Signing bonuses make a buyout more costly, but if another team is willing to take on all or part of his contract (which would probably be more desirable than buying him out), with a no-trade clause you can’t do that unless the player agrees.

Players on good contracts sometimes get traded too, so even if he turns out to be worth every penny, the full no-trade could prevent them from making a move that could improve the team.
RawDeal a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2022 à 2 h 36
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
Quoting: Ritzy
You must be fun at parties.

I...don't take your meaning
15 sept. 2022 à 10 h 16
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 623
Quoting: BCAPP
Prior to last season Thompson had 18 goals and 35 points in 145 GP
Over 82 thats the equivalent of 10 goals and 20 points a year. ie a 4th liner

Kyrou had 19 goals and 47 pts in 99 games
Over 82 thats the equivalent of 15 g and 39 pts
He also had good second line numbers the year before. Thompson's is more of an outlier, Kyrou a normal progression

It's a bit different because Tage was left up in the NHL when he clearly wasn't ready. He was on the 4th line so his production is obviously bad.

Kyrou didn't play much in the NHL at 20/21 and was in the AHL. If they decided to keep him in the NHL those seasons in the bottom 6 he'd also have bad numbers.

Pretty much Tage's numbers first 2 years are bad because Sabres coaching staff was stupid and let him play little minutes on the 4th line instead of being in the AHL where he should've been.
17 sept. 2022 à 15 h 41
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,738
Quoting: justaBoss
Too much imo. Maybe he'll live up to it, but imo it's just too much.

why exactly? He's one of the more explosive speed and puck controlling Forwards.
17 sept. 2022 à 19 h 46
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Quoting: Shylo_Moxii
why exactly? He's one of the more explosive speed and puck controlling Forwards.

One 70 point year shouldn't make him 52nd most expensive player league wide. The sample data is too small.
18 sept. 2022 à 12 h 52
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
One 70 point year shouldn't make him 52nd most expensive player league wide. The sample data is too small.

I don’t think the sample data is too small. He’s produced at a 1st line rate for two seasons. He was a PPG player playing middle 6 min getting PP2 time. Elliotte Friedman mentioned on 32 thoughts that Berube is going to have to play him more because of the commitment STL made to him. Kyrou could easily put up 90-95 points next season and that would put him in the 9-9.5 mill range for a new contract.
18 sept. 2022 à 14 h 56
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Quoting: Db1899
I don’t think the sample data is too small. He’s produced at a 1st line rate for two seasons. He was a PPG player playing middle 6 min getting PP2 time. Elliotte Friedman mentioned on 32 thoughts that Berube is going to have to play him more because of the commitment STL made to him. Kyrou could easily put up 90-95 points next season and that would put him in the 9-9.5 mill range for a new contract.

If he does that, then yes, but as I said in the first comment, "he could live up to it." Right now I think it's too much.

Still, I'm not a fan of giving a MASSIVE contract for one year of top line production. Maybe I'm conservative that way.
19 sept. 2022 à 15 h 7
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,738

if we had a full season the year before it wouldve been over 50+ point pace. So I believe it's just growth numbers.
20 sept. 2022 à 12 h 22
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
It's easy now, get one good year and sign 8 years extensions.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage