Forums/Armchair-GM

Playing with a thought

Créé par: justaBoss
Équipe: 2022-23 Panthers de la Floride
Date de création initiale: 12 sept. 2022
Publié: 12 sept. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
After reading Seravalli's article about Ekblad, and hearing of him losing two of his closest friends in FLA time, Huberdeau and Weegar in the Flames trade, I ended up wondering what a potential Ekblad to Flames trade would look like.

Obviously this would never happen and it isn't even close to the realm of realistic, but I just want to play with the thought.

In terms of value however, who adds? Imo it's tough to say who's the clear winner here.
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de ARI
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de PHI
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de CGY
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $81 984 167 $637 500 $2 700 000 $515 833 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Panthers de la Floride
4 166 667 $4 166 667 $
AG
UFA - 3
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 8
Logo de Flames de Calgary
4 850 000 $4 850 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $
AG
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
4 425 000 $4 425 000 $
C
UFA - 3
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
2 666 667 $2 666 667 $
DG
UFA - 2
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 850 000 $$2M)
G
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
12 sept. 2022 à 22 h 19
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448

Here's the article I was speaking of.
12 sept. 2022 à 22 h 30
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
As good as Lindholm is , Lundell > Lindholm in terms of value with the term he has left. Ekblad > Andersson in both value and on ice impact. Ekblad is a borderline top 5 D while Andersson is more of a solid #2 Dman. I don’t think Kylington is worth more than a 2nd and obviously Hornqvist is a cap dump
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
12 sept. 2022 à 22 h 31
Rejoint: déc. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 790
There’s a team in Canada’s capital looking for a RHD…
12 sept. 2022 à 22 h 31
In Zito We Trust
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,596
This is terrible oh my
12 sept. 2022 à 22 h 35
Démarrer sujet
What in tarnation
Quoting: VijayPatel11
This is terrible oh my

Well let's keep the idea of Ekblad going to CGY intact - what would you want from there in return?
12 sept. 2022 à 22 h 37
Démarrer sujet
What in tarnation
Quoting: Db1899
As good as Lindholm is , Lundell > Lindholm in terms of value with the term he has left. Ekblad > Andersson in both value and on ice impact. Ekblad is a borderline top 5 D while Andersson is more of a solid #2 Dman. I don’t think Kylington is worth more than a 2nd and obviously Hornqvist is a cap dump

Lindholm's term is an issue, but it's something FLA doesn't have that much trouble dealing with. If we drop that concern, would you still consider Lundell being worth more?

I love Lundell, but man Lindholm is so good...I would probably pick him at least right now, assuming FLA is looking to contend now and for the next few years. That seems to be Zito's plan anyway.
12 sept. 2022 à 22 h 40
Future Norris guy
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 8,323
Cold day in hell, Before Aaron Ekblad would waive for Calgary. He and his Fiancee are building a home near Windsor Ontario, Canada. Not more than 15 minutes from Detroit's Little Caesars Arena. He grew up a Red Wings fan. He'd probably waive for Detroit before Calgary since he spent his early youth there.
12 sept. 2022 à 22 h 43
Démarrer sujet
What in tarnation
Quoting: HockeyIsMyPassion61
Cold day in hell, Before Aaron Ekblad would waive for Calgary. He and his Fiancee are building a home near Windsor Ontario, Canada. Not more than 15 minutes from Detroit's Little Caesars Arena. He grew up a Red Wings fan. He'd probably waive for Detroit before Calgary since he spent his early youth there.

Lmao you're truly the NMC knowledge master of this site. No one waives for anywhere except f*cking Detroit.

I never suggested he would waive. I'm suggesting he joins his friends he lost in the trade. It's a playful trade, which you would KNOW IF YOU READ THE FREAKING DESCRIPTION.

This is why your latest account got banned dude tears of joy
Db1899, Devil et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
12 sept. 2022 à 22 h 43
Quoting: justaBoss
Lindholm's term is an issue, but it's something FLA doesn't have that much trouble dealing with. If we drop that concern, would you still consider Lundell being worth more?

I love Lundell, but man Lindholm is so good...I would probably pick him at least right now, assuming FLA is about to contend now and in the next few years. That seems to be Zito's plan anyway.

Lindholm is a very good finisher and is a low end #1 C IMO, he played with two top 5 wingers last season. He was in the perfect situation. Without Gaudreau and Tkachuk he’s going to struggle to put up similar numbers. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lundell is as good as Lindholm next season. I still think Lundell is worth more because of his age , production in liiga and the NHL and the fact that he has 2 ELC years left and 6 years overall.

I don’t think Zitos plan is just to win now. If that was the case he would’ve just extended Huberdeau and Weegar. They both would have signed, they loved Florida. I think he’s trying to set the team up for short and long term success. If they have a down year next season and lose in the 1st rd , they still have a young core with plenty of star power.
12 sept. 2022 à 22 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724

Here's the article I was speaking of.

I feel this could be an interesting year for Florida as if Ekblad feels overwhelmed with the Dzone responsibility what stops him from saying I want out

As arguably Florida's Dcore got worse with Weegar gone and no guys currently their to properly replace him. And sure next season they got some money but lets say White, Balcers rebound and Knight has a strong season

That 15mill in cap space is out the door. And they also need to get a top pair LD for Ekblad and those dont come cheap in FA. Even the bad ones get paid just look at Chiarot

In general got to make him happy or else we could see friction and guys going one by one leaving Barkov to do the Will Smith meme of where everyone at
12 sept. 2022 à 22 h 45
Démarrer sujet
What in tarnation
Lindholm is a very good finisher and is a low end #1 C IMO, he played with two top 5 wingers last season. He was in the perfect situation. Without Gaudreau and Tkachuk he’s going to struggle to put up similar numbers. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lundell is as good as Lindholm next season. I still think Lundell is worth more because of his age , production in liiga and the NHL and the fact that he has 2 ELC years left and 6 years overall.

I don’t think Zitos plan is just to win now. If that was the case he would’ve just extended Huberdeau and Weegar. They both would have signed, they loved Florida. I think he’s trying to set the team up for short and long term success. If they have a down year next season and lose in the 1st rd , they still have a young core with plenty of star power.

Fair points, but I think Zito moved Huberdeau and Weegar because he knew he wouldn't be able to keep both of them due to the cap issues they have. Keeping those two would've been basically saying goodbye to any depth they got, and we all know you won't win cups without any depth.

They barely have any as it is.
12 sept. 2022 à 22 h 50
Fair points, but I think Zito moved Huberdeau and Weegar because he knew he wouldn't be able to keep both of them due to the cap issues they have. Keeping those two would've been basically saying goodbye to any depth they got, and we all know you won't win cups without any depth.

With Hornqvist contract expiring next summer, they could have just moved Duclair and signed someone to make both contracts work. I don’t think it would have been the smart move though. I like the Tkachuk trade for both sides. It gives Florida a relatively young core Barkov (27) , Lundell (21) , Tkachuk (24) , Ekblad (27) , Knight (21). They have a 5-7 year window , if they kept weegar and Huberdeau , it would be a 2-3 year window.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
12 sept. 2022 à 22 h 53
Démarrer sujet
What in tarnation
With Hornqvist contract expiring next summer, they could have just moved Duclair and signed someone to make both contracts work. I don’t think it would have been the smart move though. I like the Tkachuk trade for both sides. It gives Florida a relatively young core Barkov (27) , Lundell (21) , Tkachuk (24) , Ekblad (27) , Knight (21). They have a 5-7 year window , if they kept weegar and Huberdeau , it would be a 2-3 year window.

The problem is that they're currently over the cap, the fact Horny's contract expires this year doesn't matter much since they have to get rid of him (or someone else expensive) before this season begins. Duclair starts the year in LTIR but he can't be staying there forever and they have no funds to activate him. And even with him in LTIR they're still over the cap.

Financially speaking FLA is f*cked, both now and in the future, pretty much until they get rid of Bobrovsky. Lindholm and Lundell future contracts are, based on what the recent young top-6 players have been getting, likely relatively similar in terms of cap hit. They also both have two years of term left.
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
12 sept. 2022 à 23 h 7
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,463
So, Ekblad is sad two friends were traded. Would he feel better that his two friends left as UFAs in the summer of 2023? I liked the trade for both teams but I'm not sure that extending Huberneau for eight years was wise.
12 sept. 2022 à 23 h 11
Démarrer sujet
What in tarnation
Quoting: palhal
So, Ekblad is sad two friends were traded. Would he feel better that his two friends left as UFAs in the summer of 2023? I liked the trade for both teams but I'm not sure that extending Huberneau for eight years was wise.

Probably, because these friends of his would have been able to decide / dictate about their own futures as free agents. I'd be hella sad for and if my closest friends were traded to the complete opposite side of the entire continent without their consent, but that's how the business works, and they need to handle it like pros.

Was Hubby or Weegar going to sign as free agents with Calgary in 2023? No one can say. But now we'll never know.

The trade is fine, I like it too. I'm just spitballing here for funsies with the thought after reading the article.
palhal a aimé ceci.
12 sept. 2022 à 23 h 13
In Zito We Trust
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,596
Well let's keep the idea of Ekblad going to CGY intact - what would you want from there in return?

Im sorry but this is just not realistic. I really don't think this has any chance of happening. And if Ekblad is moving, it'll be a cold day in hell before Lundell is moved with him. And for what, 2 years of lindholm and a couple inadequate replacements?
12 sept. 2022 à 23 h 15
Démarrer sujet
What in tarnation
Quoting: VijayPatel11
Im sorry but this is just not realistic. I really don't think this has any chance of happening. And if Ekblad is moving, it'll be a cold day in hell before Lundell is moved with him. And for what, 2 years of lindholm and a couple inadequate replacements?

Oh come on dude, take a gander at the description. It clearly says this line:

Obviously this would never happen and it isn't even close to the realm of realistic, but I just want to play with the thought.

I agree with you on the principle that losing Ekblad is automatically a sh*t scenario for FLA. I'm not disputing it. But that's not what this post is concerned about.
12 sept. 2022 à 23 h 16
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Probably, because these friends of his would have been able to decide / dictate about their own futures as free agents. I'd be hella sad for and if my closest friends were traded to the complete opposite side of the entire continent without their consent, but that's how the business works, and they need to handle it like pros.

Was Hubby or Weegar going to sign as free agents with Calgary in 2023? No one can say. But now we'll never know.

I always wonder if is better to let better to let high priced UFA "walk" if you think their new contract is not good value. We'll never know if the Flames would have been better not to extend Hubie, and have 10.5m X 8 years in cap next summer.

The trade is fine, I like it too. I'm just spitballing here for funsies with the thought after reading the article.
12 sept. 2022 à 23 h 18
Démarrer sujet
What in tarnation
Quoting: palhal
I always wonder if is better to let better to let high priced UFA "walk" if you think their new contract is not good value. We'll never know if the Flames would have been better not to extend Hubie, and have 10.5m X 8 years in cap next summer.

Indeed, but suffice to say CGY's hands were forced. They're looking to contend now, and after Gaudreau left for no compensation and Tkachuk declined to re-sign with them, they needed to something, and they decided to "go big or go home."

It's a hella risky move for sure. But it's also something they simply HAD to do.
12 sept. 2022 à 23 h 26
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Indeed, but suffice to say CGY's hands were forced. They're looking to contend now, and after Gaudreau left for no compensation and Tkachuk declined to re-sign with them, they needed to something, and they decided to "go big or go home."

It's a hella risky move for sure. But it's also something they simply HAD to do.

Well Tkachuk would have QO for one year, and then left as UFA (unless he was traded at TDL) Yeah, I agree that Flames management felt they show something long term (Huberneau new contract)

I always find it strange fans feel they can't let their UFA walk for nothing.......but think it's perfectly fine to sign other teams UFAs and get them free for nothing. Heck the Flames got great value in goalie Markstrom, and Tanev last season as UFAs.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
12 sept. 2022 à 23 h 46
The problem is that they're currently over the cap, the fact Horny's contract expires this year doesn't matter much since they have to get rid of him (or someone else expensive) before this season begins. Duclair starts the year in LTIR but he can't be staying there forever and they have no funds to activate him. And even with him in LTIR they're still over the cap.

Financially speaking FLA is f*cked, both now and in the future, pretty much until they get rid of Bobrovsky. Lindholm and Lundell future contracts are, based on what the recent young top-6 players have been getting, likely relatively similar in terms of cap hit. They also both have two years of term left.

I think right now they’ll have to pay to get rid of Hornqvist, but next offseason they have a lot of options and I don’t think they’re screwed because Bob will be their only bad contract . A lot of their forwards have positive trade value.
13 sept. 2022 à 0 h 25
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,292
Yeah Calgary doesn't consider this at all. The upgrade from Andersson to Ekblad doesn't come close to making up for the dropoffs literally everywhere else
13 sept. 2022 à 1 h 1
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,305

They're looking pretty ****ed to me, that D core is not good and Ekblad gets hurt a lot, capped out, have traded a lot of good picks and some recent 1sts like Tippett and that Russian have been traded or not done much, some bad contracts on the books, most teams in their division/conference got better and they hired a crappy coach.

They'll be decent but they won't be as good this year imo.
LIRIK et justaBoss a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage