Forums/Armchair-GM

Would You Have Traded Zucker

Créé par: JSEB93
Équipe: 2022-23 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 8 sept. 2022
Publié: 8 sept. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
PLEASE READ: This is a hypothetical scenario where the Pens traded Zucker back at the start of free agency. Which would then free up the money to sign someone like Burakovsky. These are not trades that I am currently proposing at this date.

This scenario is based on the recent report that an unnamed team inside the Metro division offered to take Zucker for a 1st round pick. To Islanders fans - I just threw a dart and it hit NYI. There's no real reason I picked them.

So - would you essentially trade Zucker and a 1st for a guy like Burakovsky? Or maybe Palat, Copp, Strome, Trocheck - any other guy who signed in the offseason in that 5.5mil range?
Transactions
PIT
    A bag of slightly used pucks
    NYI
    1. Zucker, Jason
    2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
    SEA
      Not an actual trade. Just for this mock scenario
      PIT
      1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (ARI)
      ARI
      1. Ruhwedel, Chad
      Détails additionnels:
      Any team and any pick
      Rachats de contrats
      Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de NJD
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de FLA
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
      2282 500 000 $76 835 592 $0 $0 $5 664 408 $
      Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
      Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
      4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
      AG, AD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 3
      5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
      AD, AG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 6
      Logo de Kraken de Seattle
      5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
      AD, AG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 5
      6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
      AD, AG
      NMC
      UFA - 6
      1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
      AD, C
      NMC
      UFA - 2
      3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
      AD
      UFA - 2
      750 000 $750 000 $
      C, AG
      UFA - 1
      2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
      C, AG
      UFA - 1
      2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 3
      750 000 $750 000 $
      AG
      UFA - 1
      Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
      4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
      DG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
      DD
      NMC
      UFA - 6
      3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
      G
      UFA - 1
      4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
      DG
      UFA - 3
      2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
      DD
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 3
      1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
      G
      UFA - 2
      825 000 $825 000 $
      DG
      RFA - 2
      2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
      DG/DD
      UFA - 3
      775 000 $775 000 $
      DG/DD
      UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
      • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
      8 sept. 2022 à 10 h 36
      1GarthSnowFan
      Rejoint: déc. 2021
      Mentions "j'aime": 4,803
      Quoting: JSEB93
      I mean, he didn't make them more expensive. Older isn't necessarily a bad thing. And he also made them arguably better. Rakell did get overpaid but nothing egregious. Petry is better than Marino by a large margin. Saying he's a downgrade is just incorrect

Ask the sharks or the isles about how age is just a number. I have nothing against Pittsburgh, I was a huge fan of Crosby before the isles got JT lmao.

Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
      You hit any player in the head like that the result will be the same.

Sometimes a dirty hit can end a career tho…. Or cause significant problems down the line.
      JSEB93 a aimé ceci.
      8 sept. 2022 à 10 h 37
      Démarrer sujet
      Rejoint: mai 2022
      Mentions "j'aime": 1,008
      Quoting: Isles5513
      Rackell’s injury issues have been more frequent in recent years and he got hurt against the rangers.

Petry turns 35 this year and I wouldn’t want a blue line with him and Letang due to their age.

I hated watching Rutta in the playoffs and I thought he was terrible last year.

Adding Poehling doesn’t do enough to offset the loss of Marino and Matheson on the back end.

Why would you compare Poehling to Matheson and Marino lol. You should be comparing Petry and Smith/POJ
      8 sept. 2022 à 10 h 43
      1GarthSnowFan
      Why would you compare Poehling to Matheson and Marino lol. You should be comparing Petry and Smith/POJ

No. I meant that adding Poehling doesn’t make up for the decline in quality between Petry/Smith and Marino/Matheson.

Marino and Matheson are way better than those two. Adding a couple mid round picks and a cheap forward doesn’t change that.
      8 sept. 2022 à 10 h 45
      Démarrer sujet
      Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
      I get that logic and there is some merit to it, but IMO the Hextall has done a decent job of extending this window and next year the Pens will be in solid financial position to improve the lineup even more while still stocking the cupboard. The Pens are already starting with a better lineup than they did last year.

I'm not trying to say Hextall has done bad. I know I mentioned it in another comment but I'd put him maybe slightly above average. He did great with the big guys contracts but made some very puzzling moves with the little guys. I agree they're starting with a better and healthier team. I'm excited about the team I'm not trying to complain. I'm fine with Zucker staying. I just think the argument can be made since they have such a small window that you want to maximize that as much as possible. That 1st round pick probably won't be able to help any time soon. But they do get Zucker's money to spend next year. So I have no problems with keeping Zucker.
      8 sept. 2022 à 10 h 47
      Démarrer sujet
      Ask the sharks or the isles about how age is just a number. I have nothing against Pittsburgh, I was a huge fan of Crosby before the isles got JT lmao.

Sometimes a dirty hit can end a career tho…. Or cause significant problems down the line.

9 of the 10 oldest teams in the league made the playoffs last year. So yeah - I'm not too worried about it.
      8 sept. 2022 à 10 h 52
      Démarrer sujet
      No. I meant that adding Poehling doesn’t make up for the decline in quality between Petry/Smith and Marino/Matheson.

Marino and Matheson are way better than those two. Adding a couple mid round picks and a cheap forward doesn’t change that.

Ah okay - I see what you're saying. Still wrong though. There isn't really a decline in quality. Plus they signed Rutta too - which is probably the person you should be adding to the convo instead of Poehling. As much as I don't think it was needed, it's still a slight upgrade

Marino and Matheson aren't way better than those two. Petry is better than Marino - this isn't even something you can debate.
      8 sept. 2022 à 10 h 54
      1GarthSnowFan
      Ah okay - I see what you're saying. Still wrong though. There isn't really a decline in quality.

Marino and Matheson aren't way better than those two. Petry is better than Marino - this isn't even something you can debate.

I def disagree on Marino V Petry, especially given Perry’s advancers age lol. You don’t want to surround ur aging core with more aging players. It’s a bad idea.
      8 sept. 2022 à 10 h 59
      Démarrer sujet
      I def disagree on Marino V Petry, especially given Perry’s advancers age lol. You don’t want to surround ur aging core with more aging players. It’s a bad idea.

You are way too focused on age and not enough on play lol. Nobody anywhere would say Marino is better than Petry - I mean the guy just had Norris votes the year before last. He's a legitimate first pair Dman that we get to put on our 2nd pair. That's a huge boost to him. Look how much better people like Schultz and Matheson looked when they came here and got to move down the lineup
      8 sept. 2022 à 11 h 4
      1GarthSnowFan
      You are way too focused on age and not enough on play lol. Nobody anywhere would say Marino is better than Petry - I mean the guy just had Norris votes the year before last. He's a legitimate first pair Dman that we get to put on our 2nd pair. That's a huge boost to him. Look how much better people like Schultz and Matheson looked when they came here and got to move down the lineup

How many teams with multiple players at or over the age of 35 won the cup?
      8 sept. 2022 à 11 h 6
      Rejoint: avr. 2022
      Mentions "j'aime": 379
      Great hockey talk. An article comes out about a Zucker trade and here we are with an ACGM and a long thread going. Pens fans are 24/7 365, got to love it and respect it. Can't wait for training camp in 2 weeks.
      JSEB93 a aimé ceci.
      8 sept. 2022 à 11 h 8
      Démarrer sujet
      Kapanen has a two year deal and if I’m not mistaken he had a low shooting percentage last year. He could bounce back.

You are correct - he did have a low shooting % for sure. If he had his average shooting percentage last year - he still would have only scored 14-15 goals though. I'm sure he's due for some positive bounce back, his possession numbers were still decent - but either way that contract is still bad
      Not_Isles5513 a aimé ceci.
      8 sept. 2022 à 11 h 9
      1GarthSnowFan
      You are correct - he did have a low shooting % for sure. If he had his average shooting percentage last year - he still would have only scored 14-15 goals though. I'm sure he's due for some positive bounce back, his possession numbers were still decent - but either way that contract is still bad

I’ll trade bailey for him lol
      8 sept. 2022 à 11 h 14
      Démarrer sujet
      How many teams with multiple players at or over the age of 35 won the cup?

What's your point?
      8 sept. 2022 à 11 h 15
      Démarrer sujet
      Quoting: Play_Party_Hard
      Great hockey talk. An article comes out about a Zucker trade and here we are with an ACGM and a long thread going. Pens fans are 24/7 365, got to love it and respect it. Can't wait for training camp in 2 weeks.

Lol - we're so bored that one rumor comes out and we go off haha. Let's not even go down the Erod rabbit hole
      8 sept. 2022 à 11 h 16
      Démarrer sujet
      I’ll trade bailey for him lol

If they were making the same salary maybe haha
      8 sept. 2022 à 11 h 16
      1GarthSnowFan
      What's your point?

I mean look how young Colorado and Tampa Bay’s rosters were. All their older guys were on cheap deals and didn’t play key roles. Pittsburgh has three core guys at 35 and they r adding Petry to the group? It’s highly debatable if the pens can even win a cup with this group, but if they r going to then they need younger talent around the core.
      8 sept. 2022 à 11 h 27
      Démarrer sujet
      I mean look how young Colorado and Tampa Bay’s rosters were. All their older guys were on cheap deals and didn’t play key roles. Pittsburgh has three core guys at 35 and they r adding Petry to the group? It’s highly debatable if the pens can even win a cup with this group, but if they r going to then they need younger talent around the core.

TBL was the third oldest team in the league last year. The two years they won they were the 6th and 5th oldest. When the Pens won in 16-17 they were the 3rd oldest. Just because COL won with a middle of the road age roster doesn't prove the Pens can't win with an older roster. As I said - 9 of the 10 oldest teams made the playoffs last year. Crosby scored at 100 point pace, Malkin scored at a ppg pace and Letang scored the most points of his entre career and came 7th in Norris voting. These are guys that are still at the top of their game. Sure everybody wants more talent around their core - but it's the talent that matters, not the age.

You are way too concerned about age and not enough with play. I'm not saying it can't be a factor at all - but it's not a disqualifier the way you are making it out to be.
      8 sept. 2022 à 11 h 45
      1GarthSnowFan
      TBL was the third oldest team in the league last year. The two years they won they were the 6th and 5th oldest. When the Pens won in 16-17 they were the 3rd oldest. Just because COL won with a middle of the road age roster doesn't prove the Pens can't win with an older roster. As I said - 9 of the 10 oldest teams made the playoffs last year. Crosby scored at 100 point pace, Malkin scored at a ppg pace and Letang scored the most points of his entre career and came 7th in Norris voting. These are guys that are still at the top of their game. Sure everybody wants more talent around their core - but it's the talent that matters, not the age.

You are way too concerned about age and not enough with play. I'm not saying it can't be a factor at all - but it's not a disqualifier the way you are making it out to be.

I don’t think TBL’s core guys were that old was my point actually. That Pittsburgh team in 16-17 had an older core for a cup winning team tho.
      8 sept. 2022 à 12 h 12
      Rejoint: juin 2022
      Mentions "j'aime": 544
      Absolutely not. The pens were reportedly in on trocheck without trading Zucker and just didn’t want to give him the 7th year (not sure why not). I’d rather just wait and choose from next years crop. Not to mention if some guys step up like Poehling, Nylander, DOC, Zohorna, Puustinen, Poulin, etc then they may not need a big free agent signing anyway.
      I kind of understand the Rutta signing. As a guy that can play the left side, he could move to the left side next year and replace Dumo leaving (playing 2nd pair with Petry.
      I’d guess POJ and Smith can battle it out for an offensive presence on the 3rd pair.

Keeping Zucker is a win-win. He either bounces back in a contract year and at the very least lives up to a 5.5 million cap hit. Or he deals with major injuries and goes on LTIR for cap relief and we keep our 1st rounder that could be used in a deal to bring in a healthy and useful player. But the pens need to keep their 1st rounders to restock their prospect pool and use free agency to their advantage.
      The two contracts hurting them the most right now are Kapanen and McGinn.
      8 sept. 2022 à 12 h 12
      Démarrer sujet
      I don’t think TBL’s core guys were that old was my point actually. That Pittsburgh team in 16-17 had an older core for a cup winning team tho.

TBL core is not as old as the Pens core currently is yeah you're right - but I guess I'm just failing to see the point. Crosby is still arguably a Top 5 player, Malkin scored at a ppg pace, and Letang finished top 10 in the Norris 3 of the last 4 years and just scored the most points of his career. It's not like they're shells of their former self limping around the ice. Again, I just feel like you are putting all the weight into age and nothing into how these people are actually playing.
      8 sept. 2022 à 12 h 17
      1GarthSnowFan
      TBL core is not as old as the Pens core currently is yeah you're right - but I guess I'm just failing to see the point. Crosby is still arguably a Top 5 player, Malkin scored at a ppg pace, and Letang finished top 10 in the Norris 3 of the last 4 years and just scored the most points of his career. It's not like they're shells of their former self limping around the ice. Again, I just feel like you are putting all the weight into age and nothing into how these people are actually playing.

I think that it’s a bad idea to have too many old guys on the same roster tbh. And I’m not a big believer in Petry tbh. I liked him a lot when he was behind Weber, and I haven’t liked him since then lol.
      8 sept. 2022 à 12 h 18
      1GarthSnowFan

I think there is more of a risk of guys breaking down if there r too many old guys. You need younger guys with less wear and tear around them imo.
      8 sept. 2022 à 12 h 22
      Démarrer sujet
      Quoting: Hockeyfan1234
      Absolutely not. The pens were reportedly in on trocheck without trading Zucker and just didn’t want to give him the 7th year (not sure why not). I’d rather just wait and choose from next years crop. Not to mention if some guys step up like Poehling, Nylander, DOC, Zohorna, Puustinen, Poulin, etc then they may not need a big free agent signing anyway.
      I kind of understand the Rutta signing. As a guy that can play the left side, he could move to the left side next year and replace Dumo leaving (playing 2nd pair with Petry.
      I’d guess POJ and Smith can battle it out for an offensive presence on the 3rd pair.

Keeping Zucker is a win-win. He either bounces back in a contract year and at the very least lives up to a 5.5 million cap hit. Or he deals with major injuries and goes on LTIR for cap relief and we keep our 1st rounder that could be used in a deal to bring in a healthy and useful player. But the pens need to keep their 1st rounders to restock their prospect pool and use free agency to their advantage.
      The two contracts hurting them the most right now are Kapanen and McGinn.

Interesting - I would have loved to see how they would fit Trocheck without trading Zucker lol. It will be tough for those guys to step up though considering only one of them will probably make the team. I don't know where this idea came from that Rutta can play the left side - he's played the right side his entire career. Also, then that means you would have Pettersson playing top pair?

I'm fine with them keeping Zucker honestly - if healthy I think he brings value. Although I'm not sure it's a win win. If he doesn't bounce back or gets hurt then you just wasted a year of an already very small window. And that 1st rounder isn't going to help in this window at all.

Yeah Kap and McGinn's contracts are definitely bad. Rutta's contract might not be bad but the signing just didn't make sense and seems like wasted money there too
      8 sept. 2022 à 12 h 25
      Démarrer sujet
      I think that it’s a bad idea to have too many old guys on the same roster tbh. And I’m not a big believer in Petry tbh. I liked him a lot when he was behind Weber, and I haven’t liked him since then lol.

I mean i'm not advocating for signing older guys, I'm just saying signing/trading for an older guy isn't a bad move just because he's old.

Well now he gets to be behind Letang haha. I mean if you're not a believer in him that's fine, questionable, but fine. But to say he's worse than Marino just isn't correct.
      8 sept. 2022 à 12 h 28
      Démarrer sujet
      I think there is more of a risk of guys breaking down if there r too many old guys. You need younger guys with less wear and tear around them imo.

For sure there is. But just getting younger guys doesn't help - you can't just sign people because they're younger that's not how you win. I haven't seen any younger guys that would have been better than signing Malkin and Letang. Petry is better than Marino, and POJ/Smith are younger than Matheson. I'm not sure what else could have been done better.

Répondre
      To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
      Question:
      Options:
      Ajouter une option
      Soumettre le sondage