Forums/Armchair-GM

Does either team have the appetite to make this deal

Créé par: Reason
Équipe: 2022-23 Canucks de Vancouver
Date de création initiale: 6 sept. 2022
Publié: 6 sept. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Usually when I make a team it’s because I think it’s a good fit. Not sure if this one works for other team, what are your thoughts?
Transactions
VAN
  1. Holl, Justin
  2. Kerfoot, Alexander
  3. Niemelä, Topi
Détails additionnels:
Vancouver acquires two players that if TO wanted to move they likely have to attach assets too. I’m not saying that Kerfoot is a bad player, but bottom 6 forwards making 3+ million cost to move right now.
Vancouver also receives a good RD prospect who can hopefully start as a bottom pair on their right side next season.
Not sure if Vancouver does this as they are pretty much in a win now mode after the Miller signing, but their RD side is brutal and Niemela could be on second pairing right in the middle of their hopeful contention window.
TOR
  1. Garland, Conor
Détails additionnels:
I think most people think Garland is a good fit for TO, and he’s on a long term good contract. Is TO willing to trade a good RD prospect to help their chances of winning now? They also move a couple of contracts they would otherwise have to pay to move.
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de NYR
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $78 589 167 $1 250 000 $2 000 000 $3 910 833 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
6 650 000 $6 650 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
7 350 000 $7 350 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
C
UFA - 1
891 667 $891 667 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
2 650 000 $2 650 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
UFA - 4
7 260 000 $7 260 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
G
UFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
825 000 $825 000 $
AG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
6 sept. 2022 à 10 h 47
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
Well, I'll give you points for a couple of things.

You saved TOR some cap (minimal) and that should be enough room to get Sandin locked in as well. And TOR isn't losing an extra roster spot for this year with Kerfoot being moved out.

I'm not here to debate who is better between Kerfoot and Garland, but adding Niemala and the term on Garland's contract doesn't make sense for TOR. Kampf, Engvall and Bunting all need raises next year, TOR will need as much cap space as humanly possible. There is value in having both Kerfoot and Holl off the books next year, assuming neither of them get moved this year.
6 sept. 2022 à 10 h 47
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 915
1. Kerfoot is a middle 6 but fringe Top 6 Guy, it takes skill to get 50+ points with only 4 minutes of PP Time & he is also great on the PK
2.Holl is a cap dump but the smallest of his kind, he is very good bottom pairing Guy & also plays the PK remarkably well
3.Topi needs a little time, bottom pair minutes are risky for a guy who has only played on North American Ice about 10-15 times,could still be getting adjusted to it,
4.Topi is an untouchable imo, great two way D-man with elite passing & great rush defence, he will jump Lilly in 2 years & be on the Top pair with Rielly if his development goes well
6 sept. 2022 à 10 h 49
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,597
I think that you've answered your own question posed in your Team Title: "Vancouver . . . are pretty much in a win now mode" and this exchange doesn't address their need for a quality RD now. And even if the Canucks were disposed to make this deal, the difference between Garland's four-year term and Kerfoot's and Holl's rental status would mean that the Maple Leafs would probably have to add a high draft pick to make it happen.
6 sept. 2022 à 10 h 51
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I think that you've answered your own question posed in your Team Title: "Vancouver . . . are pretty much in a win now mode" and this exchange doesn't address their need for a quality RD now. And even if the Canucks were disposed to make this deal, the difference between Garland's four-year term and Kerfoot's and Holl's rental status would mean that the Maple Leafs would probably have to add a high draft pick to make it happen.

Which TOR won't add, because they will need contracts to come off the books next season. No doubt Garland's contract is reasonable, but there are other players that TOR has to consider with their minimal cap space.
kster34 a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2022 à 11 h 53
Shibbal18
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,984
Toronto has to add, probably their 1st
6 sept. 2022 à 12 h 38
alwaysnextyear
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Based on the comments so far knocking it down from either side, it looks like you're probably close to fair value. Unfortunately both teams would like to free up cap space for next season, so as much as Garland would be tempting for TO they may not be able to do this.

From a Canucks perspective I don't mind it. I really like Garland's game but the team is flush with wingers; adding a good RD prospect and cap space for next year would be ideal, and Kerfoot and Holl are decent depth for this year.
Reason a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2022 à 0 h 29
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,228
I'd consider this IF Toronto takes Dickinson and Poolman as well.
7 sept. 2022 à 0 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 732
Quoting: OldNYIfan

Absolutely Vancouver would prefer an NHL ready RHD, problem is there hard to come by and if you find one they cost a lot of assets and usually a lot cap, two things Vancouver doesn’t have. If the Canucks could get an established second pair RD for Garland I feel that trade would have already happened.
I figure their “window” is probably from this season and runs for the next four years. I put quotation marks on the word window as I think they jumped the gun WAY to early to try and compete, and if they truly want to try and contend for the cup they are going to have to take some substantial risks. The gamble here for Vancouver is how long will it take Niemela to make an impact at the NHL level.
As for TOR adding high picks, I don’t think they would need too, I think value wise this is pretty even both ways.
alwaysnextyear a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2022 à 1 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 732
Quoting: alwaysnextyear
Based on the comments so far knocking it down from either side, it looks like you're probably close to fair value. Unfortunately both teams would like to free up cap space for next season, so as much as Garland would be tempting for TO they may not be able to do this.

From a Canucks perspective I don't mind it. I really like Garland's game but the team is flush with wingers; adding a good RD prospect and cap space for next year would be ideal, and Kerfoot and Holl are decent depth for this year.

Sounds like we feel pretty similar about the trade.

The comments about Vancouver not getting enough in return are off in my opinion. Cap is not easy or cheap to move right now and although Garland is on a good deal, the saving Vancouver would have next season are beneficial, and management has said multiple times they have wanted to create cap space.
alwaysnextyear a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2022 à 11 h 53
alwaysnextyear
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Quoting: Reason
Absolutely Vancouver would prefer an NHL ready RHD, problem is there hard to come by and if you find one they cost a lot of assets and usually a lot cap, two things Vancouver doesn’t have. If the Canucks could get an established second pair RD for Garland I feel that trade would have already happened.
I figure their “window” is probably from this season and runs for the next four years. I put quotation marks on the word window as I think they jumped the gun WAY to early to try and compete, and if they truly want to try and contend for the cup they are going to have to take some substantial risks. The gamble here for Vancouver is how long will it take Niemela to make an impact at the NHL level.
As for TOR adding high picks, I don’t think they would need too, I think value wise this is pretty even both ways.

And it really depends on each prospect's timeline too. If Niemela could come in and contribute in even a 3rd pairing role within 2 years, then it's within the "window". Although I feel like the true window for the Canucks will be however long they can keep all of Petey, Hughes and Demko around. They're all young enough to still be great players beyond their current contract if they're extended.
Reason a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage