SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Ottawa Senators signed Erik Brännström (1 Year / $900,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

8 sept. 2022 à 15 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,882
Quoting: python3504
He will probably go for an 8 year deal since he will be turning 27

If he signs 5 at 27 he can sign another 5year when hes 32 and make more money

Dont see any reason not to
8 sept. 2022 à 15 h 5
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: python3504
when you are a top 5 talent you can ask for whatever you want and get it.

He had zero leverage to ask for 5 years. McDavid signed for max term for that very reason.
8 sept. 2022 à 15 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,882
Modifié 8 sept. 2022 à 15 h 14
Quoting: Brian2016
He had zero leverage to ask for 5 years. McDavid signed for max term for that very reason.

Technically he did lul

If Matthews wasnt signed by a certain date someone would have gave him an OS at the range he wanted

That was the leverage.

As he said he wants to double dip in his prime years what that means is instead of 8 years on a single deal within his prime he can sign an extra deal and then one more in the coming years to maximize his earnings thats the whole reason he wanted a shorter deal. Probs signs a 13.5mill x 6 years extension next year
9 sept. 2022 à 18 h 39
Majors and minors
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 44
waiting to find out how fewer give aways to take aways he has over the next year.
13 sept. 2022 à 14 h 45
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Reasonable signing. To soon to give up hope that he still has some upside, but no longer expecting it.

I’m a little surprised that they gave him a 1-way contract, but it probably doesn’t matter because he’s no longer waivers exempt, so if they do try to send him down, some other team will probably pick him up.
13 sept. 2022 à 15 h 32
couldnt afford 2nd t
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 431
Quoting: jr400
Reasonable signing. To soon to give up hope that he still has some upside, but no longer expecting it.

I’m a little surprised that they gave him a 1-way contract, but it probably doesn’t matter because he’s no longer waivers exempt, so if they do try to send him down, some other team will probably pick him up.

A 1 way isn't that surprising given his resume. 100+ games in the NHL, 53 games last season at nearly 20 minutes a night on average. The caveat being it was on the team with one of the weakest defensive cores in the league, so he was basically handed the minutes despite not earning them.

I am hoping he'll be a surprise and put it all together, but I think he is gone by the end of the season. He may not be qualified next year, because he will be arbitration eligible. The Senators salary is going to be tight, and they won't want to risk Brannstrom getting awarded a higher settlement than they would have paid him, that they cannot walk away from.
15 sept. 2022 à 21 h 55
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: budgeteam
A 1 way isn't that surprising given his resume. 100+ games in the NHL, 53 games last season at nearly 20 minutes a night on average. The caveat being it was on the team with one of the weakest defensive cores in the league, so he was basically handed the minutes despite not earning them.

I am hoping he'll be a surprise and put it all together, but I think he is gone by the end of the season. He may not be qualified next year, because he will be arbitration eligible. The Senators salary is going to be tight, and they won't want to risk Brannstrom getting awarded a higher settlement than they would have paid him, that they cannot walk away from.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I was surprised they didn't sign him for more than one year. 2 or 3 at a similar salary wouldn't have been too much of a risk, and it would have avoided arbitration. Maybe Brannstrom wouldn't go for that. Maybe he still thinks he's going to put it all together.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage