Forums/Armchair-GM

If Rantanen becomes their 2nd line center

Créé par: Kc91
Équipe: 2022-23 Avalanche du Colorado
Date de création initiale: 2 sept. 2022
Publié: 2 sept. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
And if Boston is out of playoff contention by the trade deadline and their future is looking a little bleak, pastrnak might look for a cup contender before he signs his big contract which the avs try to make room for.... try to.

Just a thought, not too serious about this
Transactions
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $81 849 167 $25 000 $3 137 500 $650 833 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 7
6 300 000 $6 300 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 666 667 $6 666 667 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 5
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 8
912 500 $912 500 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
AG, C
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
AD
RFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
987 500 $987 500 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 sept. 2022 à 0 h 46
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,688
I just think if rantatnen was going to be a full timec he would’ve been one already
2 sept. 2022 à 0 h 55
Mentions "j'aime": 465
Booooo. That deal is terrible for the Bruins.
Newgod77 a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2022 à 0 h 56
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,362
Feel like this would be a pass unless there’s a reasonable extension included. And if he’s just looking for a cup run before a pay day it doesn’t sound like it. Lot to give up for a team that doesn’t necessarily need more firepower and is mortgaging a potential key cheap piece.
homiedaclown a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2022 à 1 h 4
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,156
Quoting: Bruins1054_gmb

How much do you think you’re gonna get for a rental at the deadline??
vikhodush a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2022 à 1 h 9
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,362

Quoting: Buffalove

Agree - a really good second pairing player with team control on a reasonable cap hit, a young promising center who projects as a 2C on an ELC with a ton of team control and a first (even if it’s a late first) is a great haul for 3 months of Pasta (and I think pasta is great, but that’s just not historically what those types of guys go for).
Richard88 et homiedaclown a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2022 à 3 h 2
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,075
Let's just back up for a second. Rantanen is a dyed in the wool winger. Why would they make him play center?
2 sept. 2022 à 4 h 59
John 3 16
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,616

Nobody is going to offer a package like that for a rental.
vikhodush a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2022 à 5 h 39
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,293

Im not sure if you are serious or not. That's a really good return and its probably doubtful you get that much
vikhodush a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2022 à 7 h 48
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,528

Are you crazy? That’s unbelievably good for Boston.
2 sept. 2022 à 7 h 55
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,425
Quoting: Theozler
I just think if rantatnen was going to be a full timec he would’ve been one already

Quoting: mokumboi
Let's just back up for a second. Rantanen is a dyed in the wool winger. Why would they make him play center?

Rants played center until he joined Roy's Avs and filled in reasonably well when Kadri was hurt or was filling in for Mack. At times Rants looks like he's bored and not asked enough of. Shifting him to center might be the extra workload he needs. I would like him on Newhook's wing the most tho
2 sept. 2022 à 8 h 38
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
Modifié 2 sept. 2022 à 8 h 48

Would be a mistake to trade him as a rental, instead they should try to trade him to a team that he would want to sign with and that can, so that they can fetch a great return. If that's not an option then it's probably best to go down the wire with him even if he walks for nothing as long as there is a chance. The Bruins have their backend set, but they don't got any forwards locked for 5+ years, they can't just afford to lose Pastrnak or get a top 6 NHL forward out of him.

If Newhook becomes a top 6 center, I don't see why Col would do that trade at all, and even so maybe Girard isn't what Boston would need/prefer.

Maybe a better trade partner would be the Blues if they are willing to give Kyrou+Tarasenko (assuming he would consider to resign since the assumption is that Boston is out of contention).
2 sept. 2022 à 10 h 34
mokumboi
Quoting: GMBL
Would be a mistake to trade him as a rental, instead they should try to trade him to a team that he would want to sign with and that can, so that they can fetch a great return. If that's not an option then it's probably best to go down the wire with him even if he walks for nothing as long as there is a chance. The Bruins have their backend set, but they don't got any forwards locked for 5+ years, they can't just afford to lose Pastrnak or get a top 6 NHL forward out of him.

If Newhook becomes a top 6 center, I don't see why Col would do that trade at all, and even so maybe Girard isn't what Boston would need/prefer.

Maybe a better trade partner would be the Blues if they are willing to give Kyrou+Tarasenko (assuming he would consider to resign since the assumption is that Boston is out of contention).

In what world is Pasta worth Kyrou more than Tarasenko?
2 sept. 2022 à 11 h 4
Modifié 2 sept. 2022 à 11 h 19
In what world is Pasta worth Kyrou more than Tarasenko?

He's not, but if Tarasenko isn't traded by then he's most likely walking anyways, if they can trade him elsewhere then sure.

Pasta for Kyrou isn't going to be a 1 for 1, I think the Blues add even though Kyrou is 2 years younger and a C. I'm assuming Tarasenko is added for the cap and as a sweetner. There's the chance that he doesn't even sign with the Bruins since they aren't a playoff team in that scenario and might be viewed as a sinking ship. Perhaps the Bruins would have to add something like a 2nd so that it's not way too much in their favor but I'm assuming the trade is going to be lopsided in value in the short term at least but not going to be fixated on trying to not make it too lopsided since it's just a hypothetical and I'm not Sweeney or Armstrong. I'm assuming here that Pasta is being traded with an extension not as a rental to the Blues. Maybe can add Saad instead, and just use Tarasenko for the run even if he walks.

Considering that the Blues didn't land Tkachuk, that might suggest they wouldn't offer something like this for Pastrnak but you never know, he is top 5 in goals over the last 5 years.
2 sept. 2022 à 11 h 28
mokumboi
He's not, but if Tarasenko isn't traded by then he's most likely walking anyways, if they can trade him elsewhere then sure.

Pasta for Kyrou isn't going to be a 1 for 1, I think the Blues add even though Kyrou is 2 years younger and a C. I'm assuming Tarasenko is added for the cap and as a sweetner. There's the chance that he doesn't even sign with the Bruins since they aren't a playoff team in that scenario and might be viewed as a sinking ship. Perhaps the Bruins would have to add something like a 2nd so that it's not way too much in their favor but I'm assuming the trade is going to be lopsided in value in the short term at least but not going to be fixated on trying to not make it too lopsided since it's just a hypothetical and I'm not Sweeney or Armstrong. I'm assuming here that Pasta is being traded with an extension not as a rental to the Blues. Maybe can add Saad instead, and just use Tarasenko for the run even if he walks.

Considering that the Blues didn't land Tkachuk, that might suggest they wouldn't offer something like this for Pastrnak but you never know, he is top 5 in goals over the last 5 years.

Okay, first of all, Kyrou is not a C. He's about the least C-like winger you could find. Secondly, one could easily argue that Kyrou has as much if not more trade value than an impending UFA Pasta. So no, the Blues aren't doing that.
2 sept. 2022 à 11 h 30
Mentions "j'aime": 1,688
Quoting: MeetYourMakar
Rants played center until he joined Roy's Avs and filled in reasonably well when Kadri was hurt or was filling in for Mack. At times Rants looks like he's bored and not asked enough of. Shifting him to center might be the extra workload he needs. I would like him on Newhook's wing the most tho

Are you sure I swear he was drafted as a wing
2 sept. 2022 à 11 h 39
Okay, first of all, Kyrou is not a C. He's about the least C-like winger you could find. Secondly, one could easily argue that Kyrou has as much if not more trade value than an impending UFA Pasta. So no, the Blues aren't doing that.

1) So if Kyrou isn't a C (I just went off what the NHL website has him as not what he played) that's going to lower his value, he's only 2 years younger than Pastrnak and needs an extension next year as well (he's an RFA but see point 2).
2) I was assuming it was Kyrou+Tarasenko as a rental for Pastrnak with an extension being previously worked out between the Blues and Pasta, something akin to a sign and trade (could be one too). What I said in the original post was: "Would be a mistake to trade him as a rental, instead they should try to trade him to a team that he would want to sign with and that can, so that they can fetch a great return."

Tarasenko was just the first person that I thought of, doesn't have to be him. Maybe Saad is a better option for both teams to be the sweetner. STL will have a much better team for this year, and more cap they can allocate for the next year, if it's Kyrou+Saad for Pastrnak.
2 sept. 2022 à 12 h 23
mokumboi
1) So if Kyrou isn't a C (I just went off what the NHL website has him as not what he played) that's going to lower his value, he's only 2 years younger than Pastrnak and needs an extension next year as well (he's an RFA but see point 2).
2) I was assuming it was Kyrou+Tarasenko as a rental for Pastrnak with an extension being previously worked out between the Blues and Pasta, something akin to a sign and trade (could be one too). What I said in the original post was: "Would be a mistake to trade him as a rental, instead they should try to trade him to a team that he would want to sign with and that can, so that they can fetch a great return."

Tarasenko was just the first person that I thought of, doesn't have to be him. Maybe Saad is a better option for both teams to be the sweetner. STL will have a much better team for this year, and more cap they can allocate for the next year, if it's Kyrou+Saad for Pastrnak.

Being one position or another doesn't inherently lower one's value. And the Blues refused to discuss Kyrou in the ROR and Tkachuk talks (among others), so it's fairly safe to consider him nigh untouchable. Could Pasta be the exception? Conceivably, but I wouldn't put money on it.
GMBL a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2022 à 12 h 54
Being one position or another doesn't inherently lower one's value. And the Blues refused to discuss Kyrou in the ROR and Tkachuk talks (among others), so it's fairly safe to consider him nigh untouchable. Could Pasta be the exception? Conceivably, but I wouldn't put money on it.

That's true, but getting a potential 1C or 2C for the future for a superstar winger might make the trade more interesting for the Bruins, so if Kyrou was a capable C vs just a star winger I think that would increase his value, not that they wouldn't take two top 6 wingers for him.

The ROR trade was 3 years ago, so they probably liked Kyrou better than Thompson. As for Tkachuk he had one superb season and he's a unique player, and the Blues thought they had a pretty good offer, and perhaps thought they would land him, without having to give up much. Florida gave a lot more than Tkachuk's value but it was a gamble that perhaps was worth making since they hope their 1st is worthless, that prospect might not turn out, and they couldn't afford Weegar past this year anyways, so from them it was pretty much Huberdeau for Tkachuk perhaps. You might be right though that Pastrnak wouldn't change their approach anyways, I just put in Kyrou in my suggestion because he's someone I could see Bos wanting as the centerpiece. From the Blues side, they won't be able to easily afford a Pastrnak+Kyrou+ROR extension without making other moves. I'm assuming Pastrnak will come in at at least 10m, if Kyrou and ROR get 8m ea, then they would still need another 8m or so for Pastrnak's extension, if they get a combined 13m, then it will be more easier, and moving Tarasenko+6m guy for Pastrnak would allow for that.
2 sept. 2022 à 16 h 15

Quoting: Richard88
Nobody is going to offer a package like that for a rental.

Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Im not sure if you are serious or not. That's a really good return and its probably doubtful you get that much

Quoting: DefenseFirst
Are you crazy? That’s unbelievably good for Boston.

Bruins already have 5 LHDs. Don't need Girard even if he plays the right side. A late 1st does nothing as Sweeney would use it to take another 4th line potential center. Newhook is nice, but I'd rather just keep Pastrnak. You all seem to live in a fantasy world where Pastrnak is on the trade block. Bruins would have to be blown away by an offer to move him.
2 sept. 2022 à 17 h 15
Bruins already have 5 LHDs. Don't need Girard even if he plays the right side. A late 1st does nothing as Sweeney would use it to take another 4th line potential center. Newhook is nice, but I'd rather just keep Pastrnak. You all seem to live in a fantasy world where Pastrnak is on the trade block. Bruins would have to be blown away by an offer to move him.

Team needs and pure value are 2 completely different things. If Pasta made it clear he intended to walk and this was offered you take it and then fix the team needs later.

It's not a fantasy world, its a very possible hypothetical world, and arguing it doesn't exist is pure ignorance
3 sept. 2022 à 1 h 47
Team needs and pure value are 2 completely different things. If Pasta made it clear he intended to walk and this was offered you take it and then fix the team needs later.

It's not a fantasy world, its a very possible hypothetical world, and arguing it doesn't exist is pure ignorance

The original argument was that this trade was bad for Boston. It is. Let's not turn it to something it's not. Stay in your lane.
3 sept. 2022 à 2 h 15
The original argument was that this trade was bad for Boston. It is. Let's not turn it to something it's not. Stay in your lane.

It's not bad for Boston because they win this trade hands down under the assumption that Pasta is leaving. Arguing "Boston will just keep Pastrnak" is meaningless to any discussion since it completely ignores the reality of him possibly leaving
3 sept. 2022 à 9 h 43
It's not bad for Boston because they win this trade hands down under the assumption that Pasta is leaving. Arguing "Boston will just keep Pastrnak" is meaningless to any discussion since it completely ignores the reality of him possibly leaving

I've already explained they don't win this trade.
3 sept. 2022 à 10 h 38
I've already explained they don't win this trade.

And that simply makes your opinion wrong because they definitely win this trade if Pasta is being traded.
3 sept. 2022 à 13 h 32
And that simply makes your opinion wrong because they definitely win this trade if Pasta is being traded.

According to you. You've undervalued Pastrnak far too much to even have the thought that this trade would benefit the Bruins.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage