SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

I did not have on my bingo card one of Kerfoot or Holl still on this roster Sept

1 sept. 2022 à 13 h 15
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Yet, here we are. 24 days till camp starts

It’s basically the same group that had 115 points last year. Questions in goal sure, but this team had sub .900 goaltending from Christmas on, only way is up.

Should finally see some internal prospects make the jump and compete for a roster spot ( Robertson, Holmberg, Steeves, Douglas) my boy Malgin could surprise

Still have tradable assets to be aggressive at the deadline

It’s not ideal and how I pictured opening night, something could still happen in the next few weeks but I am not expecting much.
BigDaddyOvech et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2022 à 13 h 39
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 369
The reality is, fans choose to move Kerfoot because his salary is the only one that makes sense to move (unless you decide to ignore Muzzins NTC)-- whether you like Kerfoot or not, his value is in line with his contract- Middle 6 LW/C + PK + 2nd PP.

Outside of moving a core player, losing a Kerfoot deal, or giving Holl away for nothing (& replacing for <$2million), this was going to be the opening night roster as soon as Murray / Jarnkrok deals were in place.
BigDaddyOvech a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2022 à 14 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: TML_Bias
The reality is, fans choose to move Kerfoot because his salary is the only one that makes sense to move (unless you decide to ignore Muzzins NTC)-- whether you like Kerfoot or not, his value is in line with his contract- Middle 6 LW/C + PK + 2nd PP.

Outside of moving a core player, losing a Kerfoot deal, or giving Holl away for nothing (& replacing for <$2million), this was going to be the opening night roster as soon as Murray / Jarnkrok deals were in place.

I am fine with keeping Kerfoot or Holl, I would also prefer to have Sandin signed, plus have the ability to keep at least one scratch
1 sept. 2022 à 15 h 18
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
I think there is a bigger deal coming into play as if you think about it Dubas could move the 2 out in a package with picks for someone else

The trade I think we will see is something very similar to what Pittsburgh did 3 years ago where they traded Kahun for Sheary + Rodrigues but reversed

As basically Pittsburgh took in 5 mill and sent away a 925k deal

Would be surprised if we see something like

Kerfoot + Holl to Chicago for Raddysh or something where Toronto takes the 758k deal and Chicago takes on 2 players who they can sell at the TDL

Or we see WPG trade for him as they still need bodies as it seems not many FA want to go there. A guy like Kerfoot does make a lot of sense for them
15 sept. 2022 à 10 h 23
Save Ukrane, end war
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 783
Quoting: aadoyle
I think there is a bigger deal coming into play as if you think about it Dubas could move the 2 out in a package with picks for someone else

The trade I think we will see is something very similar to what Pittsburgh did 3 years ago where they traded Kahun for Sheary + Rodrigues but reversed

As basically Pittsburgh took in 5 mill and sent away a 925k deal

Would be surprised if we see something like

Kerfoot + Holl to Chicago for Raddysh or something where Toronto takes the 758k deal and Chicago takes on 2 players who they can sell at the TDL

Or we see WPG trade for him as they still need bodies as it seems not many FA want to go there. A guy like Kerfoot does make a lot of sense for them

Good examples, and if Dubas can make those deals, that would allow for more internal spots to compete for from the younger guys as mentioned above. I feel like the closer we get to training camp, the less likely something like that happens but Dubas might surprise me.
16 sept. 2022 à 16 h 2
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,462
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Yet, here we are. 24 days till camp starts

It’s basically the same group that had 115 points last year. Questions in goal sure, but this team had sub .900 goaltending from Christmas on, only way is up.

Should finally see some internal prospects make the jump and compete for a roster spot ( Robertson, Holmberg, Steeves, Douglas) my boy Malgin could surprise

Still have tradable assets to be aggressive at the deadline

It’s not ideal and how I pictured opening night, something could still happen in the next few weeks but I am not expecting much.

I'll disagree with you that is basically the same group. Mikheyev, Kase, Spezza are gone at wings and Campbell and the other goalie Mrzarek.Kallgren are gone from the big club too. And until Sandin is signed (I"m assuming he stays a Leafs....there is a hole on the defence too.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 8 h 8
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,744
I've been thinking RE Kerfoot for a while.

I think a 3 way trade makes sense as long as Kerfoot doesnt block the trade.

Kerfoot to Jets
Vesalainen rights to Flames
Ruzicka rights to Leafs and signs 2 years @ 1.25 million AAV

Thoughts?
oneX a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 10 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Trickster

Kerfoot to Jets
Ruzicka rights to Leafs and signs 2 years 1.25 million AAV

Thoughts?

I agree a 3 team trade could make a Kerfoot trade easier. Most teams that could use Kerfoot would need retention (although WPG is one team that can take his full cap hit)

Vesalainen has failed to make much of an impact in his four seasons in North America and signed with Malmo of the SHL for next season. Jets still hold his rights but I don’t see him coming back to the NHL. Not sure how much value he holds.

Ruzicka is the mix for a potential 4th line role with CGY, not sure why they would want to trade him.

Maybe just keep CGY out of it.

Training camp starts Wednesday, I honestly have no idea how they are planning to get Sandin signed or even run a 21 man roster (currently can only run a 20 man roster).
oneX et Trickster a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 11 h 59
hey look a squirrel
I agree a 3 team trade could make a Kerfoot trade easier. Most teams that could use Kerfoot would need retention (although WPG is one team that can take his full cap hit)

Vesalainen has failed to make much of an impact in his four seasons in North America and signed with Malmo of the SHL for next season. Jets still hold his rights but I don’t see him coming back to the NHL. Not sure how much value he holds.

Ruzicka is the mix for a potential 4th line role with CGY, not sure why they would want to trade him.

Maybe just keep CGY out of it.

Training camp starts Wednesday, I honestly have no idea how they are planning to get Sandin signed or even run a 21 man roster (currently can only run a 20 man roster).

I think Sandin will sit out the year
MatthewsFan et oneX a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 12 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Very possible. Mark Giordano did almost the same thing when he was coming up in CGY.

I still think (I hope) something gets down tho, Sandin is an important part for this roster
19 sept. 2022 à 13 h 27
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
Very possible. Mark Giordano did almost the same thing when he was coming up in CGY.

I still think (I hope) something gets down tho, Sandin is an important part for this roster

He's important but he also has to realize what he has proven (or not) at the NHL level. He has to earn the minutes he wants.
19 sept. 2022 à 14 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: oneX
He's important but he also has to realize what he has proven (or not) at the NHL level. He has to earn the minutes he wants.

48B281F6-5750-4307-80E9-74A8557F08FE.jpeg?w=653&ssl=1

I mean for a guy who doesn't get hardly on PP time and yes, shelter mins, he has not disappointed in the time given to him. He averaged 16:58 per game last season (sixth among Toronto defensemen). While he did not have as heavy a workload, Sandin was playing behind Morgan Reilly, T.J. Brodie, Jake Muzzin, and eventually Mark Giordano.

Last season, Sandin posted five goals, 16 points, a +9 rating, a 54.69% five-on-five Corsi-for percentage, a 58.28% five-on-five expected goals-for percentage, and a 58.17% five-on-five scoring chances-for percentage. The 1:21 per game that he averaged on the power play ranked third among Maple Leafs defensemen.

Sandin has not posted a five-on-five Corsi-for percentage lower than 52.41% or a scoring chances-for percentage lower than 52.66% in each of his three NHL seasons in addition to a five-on-five expected goals-for percentage of least 55.05% in each of his first two full ones.

For me, you only resign Giordano if you plan on moving Muzzin. I might be in the minority here, but I would gladly give Gio's min to Sandin and let him continue to develop. Now we are in the positoin we are now where the is no real spot for him to play, unless it is the right side (IF you trade Holl) and he has not looked comfortable playing there.

I totally get why he is holding out.
oneX, Trickster et palhal a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 16 h 52
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601

I mean for a guy who doesn't get hardly on PP time and yes, shelter mins, he has not disappointed in the time given to him. He averaged 16:58 per game last season (sixth among Toronto defensemen). While he did not have as heavy a workload, Sandin was playing behind Morgan Reilly, T.J. Brodie, Jake Muzzin, and eventually Mark Giordano.

Last season, Sandin posted five goals, 16 points, a +9 rating, a 54.69% five-on-five Corsi-for percentage, a 58.28% five-on-five expected goals-for percentage, and a 58.17% five-on-five scoring chances-for percentage. The 1:21 per game that he averaged on the power play ranked third among Maple Leafs defensemen.

Sandin has not posted a five-on-five Corsi-for percentage lower than 52.41% or a scoring chances-for percentage lower than 52.66% in each of his three NHL seasons in addition to a five-on-five expected goals-for percentage of least 55.05% in each of his first two full ones.

For me, you only resign Giordano if you plan on moving Muzzin. I might be in the minority here, but I would gladly give Gio's min to Sandin and let him continue to develop. Now we are in the positoin we are now where the is no real spot for him to play, unless it is the right side (IF you trade Holl) and he has not looked comfortable playing there.

All the things you posted are true but what's also true is that he's still only good enough and earned the 3rd pairing spot.

Until a spot is available, I don't know how Sandin plays this season.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 18 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: oneX
All the things you posted are true but what's also true is that he's still only good enough and earned the 3rd pairing spot.

Until a spot is available, I don't know how Sandin plays this season.

Well Holl has to be traded in order to fit Sandin so there's the answer

Holl out Sandin in

Dcore

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Liligren
Gio-Sandin
oneX et Trickster a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2022 à 13 h 8
Hakuna Matata
So looks like we know why the 2 are still here

As Liligren and Engvall look to be hurt and will start the season on LTIR
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2022 à 9 h 46
LongtimeLeafsufferer

Kerfoot to Jets
Ruzicka rights to Leafs and signs 2 years 1.25 million AAV

Thoughts?

The trade is fair. But Ruzicka a t 1.25m doesn't help the Leafs cap. Leafs need a 800,000 winger to replace Kerfoot for cap reason. You're right Kerfoot's M NTC (and Holl's) complicates things. But teams with cap could use Kerfoot. Flames a good choice.
21 sept. 2022 à 9 h 50
LongtimeLeafsufferer

Agree with you about Sandin. When looking at "comparables" he's probably deserving more of what the Leafs are offering due to cap restrictions. But just a few points. Muzzin is untradable, Nothing wrong with signing Giordano at 800.000, he doesn't affect the cap at all. The Leafs need at least 7 NHL Dmen (with Sandin) so why do folks think Giordano is a luxury?
And no, Sandin is not a holdout. He's an unsigned player who can sign with any team in any league.
21 sept. 2022 à 10 h 1
LongtimeLeafsufferer

Why would "sit out" the year?. Yea, he may not play in the NHL but he eligible to sign with any team in any league. If you meant he signs and plays in Sweden, I'll agree with you.
21 sept. 2022 à 12 h 26
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: palhal
Why would "sit out" the year?. Yea, he may not play in the NHL but he eligible to sign with any team in any league. If you meant he signs and plays in Sweden, I'll agree with you.

That is what I meant.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage