Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $78 166 917 $112 500 $1 000 000 $4 333 083 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 7
8 460 250 $8 460 250 $
C
UFA - 2
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 1
4 820 000 $4 820 000 $
C
UFA - 8
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AD
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 280 000 $5 280 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 025 000 $4 025 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
28 août 2022 à 22 h 9
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,979
Except that isn't "for now" Hoffman has 2 more years on his deal. Pacioretty will be ready by the all-star game. There's no reason to do this. Add in the fact his girlfriend is a known cancer, and there's 0 reason for this.
majormoose007 a aimé ceci.
28 août 2022 à 22 h 15
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,170
I'd do this anytime to move Hoffman, idk why Carolina would do it but MTL should be more than happy to take that
vikhodush a aimé ceci.
28 août 2022 à 22 h 54
ForeignObjects316
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 678
Quoting: Just_A_Guess
I'd do this anytime to move Hoffman, idk why Carolina would do it but MTL should be more than happy to take that

Yeah its good in theory
Only issue is our UFA's are piling up
We can only RS on 3 players
Taking on Gardiner to move means
RS on a Drouin, Dadanov,Monahan, Byron and Allen
Adding Gardiner is rough but that said even at that cap
Someone will likely offer a late pick for him at the TDL

Only downside is Hoffman had a bad year but still finished 3rd in MTL scoring
Everyone sucked last year until MSL showed up and he seemed to like Hoffman on 2nd PP.
Our PP has no one left to Quarterback it on the Blue line so guys like Drouin and Hoffman will get more minutes.
Moving both this year mean we'll have no one on the back end except Wideman to deal with that role
Unless Xhekaj comes up we wont either as Mathesons career Powerplay numbers are so bad they make Gallaghers look All Star level.(Gally's a 5v5 scorer)
Harris isnt ready and Schuneman did do it for a short period with success last year but it was at the end of the year when many teams were resting players.

Even during a Rebuild you need guys to run your special teams
We're up for a trade but i guess we're not willing to give up a 30pts Player who's great on PP even at his lowest
For Gardiner who we got no room for anyways who puts up a fraction as much offense without any defensive upside
What concerns me the most is his Goals For vs Goals Against average when on ice as it hit a steady rise to its peek at 12 + to now -0.4
He's becoming consistently each year more of a defensive liability

Its a bit like trying to trade Alzner for Sam Gangner a while back
one has clear NHL value even if a Cap Dump and the other has No NHL value heading towards Retirement
You dont find those Rene Bourque(fresh off leading MTL's forwards in a ECF run ) for Bryan Allen type deals to often
It usually requires the better player requiring Rehab or needing it anyways

Far as i know Hoffman's healthy and looking to rebound
28 août 2022 à 23 h 11
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,362
No need for canes to do this. They can easily weather the storm until patches comes back. Bringing on Hoffman for 2 years defeats the purpose of moving Gardiner.
28 août 2022 à 23 h 23
Quoting: Billy316
Yeah its good in theory
Only issue is our UFA's are piling up
We can only RS on 3 players
Taking on Gardiner to move means
RS on a Drouin, Dadanov,Monahan, Byron and Allen
Adding Gardiner is rough but that said even at that cap
Someone will likely offer a late pick for him at the TDL

Only downside is Hoffman had a bad year but still finished 3rd in MTL scoring
Everyone sucked last year until MSL showed up and he seemed to like Hoffman on 2nd PP.
Our PP has no one left to Quarterback it on the Blue line so guys like Drouin and Hoffman will get more minutes.
Moving both this year mean we'll have no one on the back end except Wideman to deal with that role
Unless Xhekaj comes up we wont either as Mathesons career Powerplay numbers are so bad they make Gallaghers look All Star level.(Gally's a 5v5 scorer)
Harris isnt ready and Schuneman did do it for a short period with success last year but it was at the end of the year when many teams were resting players.

Even during a Rebuild you need guys to run your special teams
We're up for a trade but i guess we're not willing to give up a 30pts Player who's great on PP even at his lowest
For Gardiner who we got no room for anyways who puts up a fraction as much offense without any defensive upside
What concerns me the most is his Goals For vs Goals Against average when on ice as it hit a steady rise to its peek at 12 + to now -0.4
He's becoming consistently each year more of a defensive liability

Its a bit like trying to trade Alzner for Sam Gangner a while back
one has clear NHL value even if a Cap Dump and the other has No NHL value heading towards Retirement
You dont find those Rene Bourque(fresh off leading MTL's forwards in a ECF run ) for Bryan Allen type deals to often
It usually requires the better player requiring Rehab or needing it anyways

Far as i know Hoffman's healthy and looking to rebound

That's all well and good but we're still trying to be trash and we're moving a 2 yr contract for a 1 yr contract in this scenario. Adds more cap space sooner and moves one of our endless wingers which we need to do anyway. We can run special teams with the kids playing ball hockey down the street for all I care, I still rather pay for one year of Gardiner than 2 years of Hoffman considering neither are difference makers so contract length and position are the only things to value here. Even if we can't move everyone for good picks because we can only retain 3 contracts, adding to the available cap next year still holds value for this team. Neither player here has a future with this team, just gets MTL out from a contract a year sooner. We can pay 23 defensemen to fill the roster if we have to, Bedard is the goal this year anyway so defensive liabilities are welcomed on 1 yr contracts.
Billy316 a aimé ceci.
28 août 2022 à 23 h 44
ForeignObjects316
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 678
Quoting: Just_A_Guess
That's all well and good but we're still trying to be trash and we're moving a 2 yr contract for a 1 yr contract in this scenario. Adds more cap space sooner and moves one of our endless wingers which we need to do anyway. We can run special teams with the kids playing ball hockey down the street for all I care, I still rather pay for one year of Gardiner than 2 years of Hoffman considering neither are difference makers so contract length and position are the only things to value here. Even if we can't move everyone for good picks because we can only retain 3 contracts, adding to the available cap next year still holds value for this team. Neither player here has a future with this team, just gets MTL out from a contract a year sooner. We can pay 23 defensemen to fill the roster if we have to, Bedard is the goal this year anyway so defensive liabilities are welcomed on 1 yr contracts.

We can "trash" playing youth
Bringing in Vet's who are pending UFA's only makes sense if you play them enough to profit at the TDL.

We already got 5 UFA's this year and 5 UFA's next year with the maximum we can RS on is 3/5 per year as is.
All this did was make it 6 UFA's this year and 4 UFA's next year

Again 2 years of someone earning most of their 4m paid is better then someone earning none of their 4m paid.
"Bedard is the goal" this doesnt help us anymore or less with that.
The only thing that could justify that logic is if MTL was getting back an unprotected 1st from CAR in the deal
even then its only increasing our odds slightly relying on 2 injury prone goalies to go down for a better pick

If we didnt already have a ton of contracts then you'd be 100% right
But in this Scenario giving us more UFA's to sell this year doesnt help
especially when they player wont make the roster to begin with

MTL would rather play Schuneman who was as productive in a fraction of the games with more minutes over Gardinder
He's a pending UFA also with a 750K cap hit who could get much more come TDL then Gardiner could but i didnt include him in our UFA List
Why? i didnt think he was good enough to make the roster despite being a tank year and despite being better then Gardiner

MTL's goaltending alone is enough to ensure we're bottom of the league
Playing Gardiner just means MTL fans will throw jersey's on the ice agian until the coach is changed.
Fans can stand a rebuild and losing is there's something to cheer for like MSL PP success sparked by him playing Caufield
We lost 11 straight with MSL more then with Ducharme or maybe it was a tie but the point is fans didnt react the same way.
29 août 2022 à 0 h 11
Quoting: Billy316
We can "trash" playing youth
Bringing in Vet's who are pending UFA's only makes sense if you play them enough to profit at the TDL.

We already got 5 UFA's this year and 5 UFA's next year with the maximum we can RS on is 3/5 per year as is.
All this did was make it 6 UFA's this year and 4 UFA's next year

Again 2 years of someone earning most of their 4m paid is better then someone earning none of their 4m paid.
"Bedard is the goal" this doesnt help us anymore or less with that.
The only thing that could justify that logic is if MTL was getting back an unprotected 1st from CAR in the deal
even then its only increasing our odds slightly relying on 2 injury prone goalies to go down for a better pick

If we didnt already have a ton of contracts then you'd be 100% right
But in this Scenario giving us more UFA's to sell this year doesnt help
especially when they player wont make the roster to begin with

MTL would rather play Schuneman who was as productive in a fraction of the games with more minutes over Gardinder
He's a pending UFA also with a 750K cap hit who could get much more come TDL then Gardiner could but i didnt include him in our UFA List
Why? i didnt think he was good enough to make the roster despite being a tank year and despite being better then Gardiner

MTL's goaltending alone is enough to ensure we're bottom of the league
Playing Gardiner just means MTL fans will throw jersey's on the ice agian until the coach is changed.
Fans can stand a rebuild and losing is there's something to cheer for like MSL PP success sparked by him playing Caufield
We lost 11 straight with MSL more then with Ducharme or maybe it was a tie but the point is fans didnt react the same way.

Difference of opinion here I guess. I'd rather scratch Gardiner for a year instead of scratching Hoffman for 2. I'd just personally rather play any of our other options over playing Hoffman so again if we get out of the contract a year sooner that's better. 5 this year 5 next year or 6 this year 4 next year makes no difference, 3 is still the max. I'd agree with the point if this made it 8 & 2 or something but we'd still have at least 3 contracts to retain on next year if we made this deal. Hoffman/Gardiner is not going to be the reason jersey's get thrown on the ice, fans know the team isn't focused on winning but instead development. Play Schuneman, play Gardiner, play neither, it doesn't matter. We're not debating difference makers here, we're debating guys at the ends of their careers and you're banking on Hoffman improving/not decreasing his value by next season to potentially retain him next year in deal if anyone wants him. If this was offered I'd jump all over it simply for the fact of one less year of risk + the endless line of wingers/forwards already on this roster. Again, neither player has a future in MTL nor do they really have a present in MTL so it's giving up 2 years for 1 year and I still just can't see how this is a bad thing.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage