SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Farewell Letter

22 août 2022 à 23 h 29
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Modifié 22 août 2022 à 23 h 45
It is with regret that I announce that my time here on Cap Friendly has come to an end. I feel that it is taking up too much of my time, and that the best thing for me to do is to stop using the forums. I will not delete my account, but I will in all likelihood not post on here again.

As I've said before, this is an absolutely awesome site. I discovered CF in the 2021 offseason while Googling how to make a mock/simulated Kraken expansion draft, and in doing so clicked on CapFriendly.com. The rest is history. It's been (mostly smile) awesome and highly enjoyable. Seeing as how this will be one of my last posts on the site, I wanted to give some thanks to some users whom I particularly enjoyed interacting with.

First off, shoutout to the incredible founder, creator, and editor/moderator-in-chief @Banks for creating CapFriendly in the first place. How did the hockey world exist before this?! It's absolutely incredible. Thank you.

Thanks to all the moderators (Jarvis, Beter Chiarelli, Ajp18, etc.) who keep this site clean and in check. Your work is what keeps CF from becoming another social media hellhole. Even if I don't always agree with your positions/views/decisions, you keep this site running smoothly. Much appreciated.

I'm now going to mention the users whom I enjoyed interacting with the most (in completely random order, as they come to my mind). So I'll start with my fellow Lightning fans (#BeTheThunder) @CoopsTroops and @Rangsey who made the Lightning Forum Threads the best team forum on CapFriendly BY FAR (it's not even close smile). You guys made the past season so much more enjoyable. Wishing you both the best. #LETSGOLIGHTNING

To EsoYeezus69 and justaBoss-I have come to like the Stars simply because of you guys hyping them up 24/7. tears of joy You guys were insightful, knowledgeable and often hilarious, and it was a pleasure schmoozing with both of you. EsoYeezus69-keep tearing up the local hockey rinks, and justaBoss-if I ever visit Finland and bump into a guy wearing a Stars jersey, I'll know it's you. tears of joy

To SevenLeg, A_Habs_fan, Remus and Zuki9797-perhaps the only normal Habs fans on here-you guys are responsible for keeping the sanity of the Habs fanbase. Bear that in mind. tears of joy In all seriousness, it was a pleasure discussing hockey with you guys, all four of you were informative, intelligent, and possessed a patience rarely seen on this site. Best of luck!

To the not-so-bad Leafs fans on here (this will obviously be a short list tears of joy): Saskleaf, aadoyle, LeafsFanForSomeReason, MitchMarner_16 and MatthewsFan-you guys have absolutely terrible taste in hockey, and yet still somehow remain knowledgeable and good to talk to despite said terrible taste. Hope you guys stay sane amidst the crazy world of Leafs fandom (oh, and I hope the Leafs lose in the first round every year for the next 50 years! tears of joy) Best of luck. (And LeafsFanForSomeReason-watch Tenet!!! It's a freaking masterpiece!!!)

To Devil and Tintin-your team is on the rise! You ALMOST made me like the Devils. Almost. smile But Devil did manage to make me a Jesper Bratt fanboy (that stickhandling Heart Eyes). Godspeed to both of you. #JBITBPITNHL

To the Isles fans Db1899 and AndrewLadd-who knew actually normal Isles fans existed?! You guys are perhaps the most realistic fans about the team you go for than anyone else on this site. And hey-Trotz got fired!!!!! Rejoice!!!!! smile Good luck to you both.

To Bobcat205-it's slowly but surely getting better in Columbus. Hang in there. Best of luck.

To the resident Sharks fan yikes and resident Canucks fan Juiceman-both of you are extremely knowledgeable and informative. Keep rocking.

To csick-one of the most levelheaded, calm, easygoing fans on this site. It's a gift. Use it well. Godspeed!

To Avs fans HockeyScotty and UpsideDownQue-I can't wait till the Lightning get their sweet revenge in this coming Stanley Cup. smile Best of luck to you both.

And last but certainly not least, to BuffaloFan, a rare combination of intelligence, realism and levelheadedness-keep utilizing all three. Unlike your hockey team, you're a beast. (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. smile)

And that's it! Thanks again to Banks, and to all the users mentioned above. I really enjoyed this site, and I wish you all the best. God bless you all.

AND LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!!!
csick, MatthewsFan, Devil and 16 others a aimé ceci.
22 août 2022 à 23 h 49
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
It is with regret that I announce that my time here on Cap Friendly has come to an end. I feel that it is taking up too much of my time, and that the best thing for me to do is to stop using the forums. I will not delete my account, but I will in all likelihood not post on here again.

As I've said before, this is an absolutely awesome site. I discovered CF in the 2021 offseason while Googling how to make a mock/simulated Kraken expansion draft, and in doing so clicked on CapFriendly.com. The rest is history. It's been (mostly smile) awesome and highly enjoyable. Seeing as how this will be one of my last posts on the site, I wanted to give some thanks to some users whom I particularly enjoyed interacting with.

First off, shoutout to the incredible founder, creator, and editor/moderator-in-chief Banks for creating CapFriendly in the first place. How did the hockey world exist before this?! It's absolutely incredible. Thank you.

Thanks to all the moderators (Jarvis, Beter Chiarelli, Ajp18, etc.) who keep this site clean and in check. Your work is what keeps CF from becoming another social media hellhole. Even if I don't always agree with your positions/views/decisions, you keep this site running smoothly. Much appreciated.

I'm now going to mention the users whom I enjoyed interacting with the most (in completely random order, as they come to my mind). So I'll start with my fellow Lightning fans (#BeTheThunder) CoopsTroops and Rangsey who made the Lightning Forum Threads the best team forum on CapFriendly BY FAR (it's not even close smile). You guys made the past season so much more enjoyable. Wishing you both the best. #LETSGOLIGHTNING

To EsoYeezus69 and justaBoss-I have come to like the Stars simply because of you guys hyping them up 24/7. tears of joy You guys were insightful, knowledgeable and often hilarious, and it was a pleasure schmoozing with both of you. EsoYeezus69-keep tearing up the local hockey rinks, and justaBoss-if I ever visit Finland and bump into a guy wearing a Stars jersey, I'll know it's you. tears of joy

To SevenLeg, A_Habs_fan, Remus and Zuki9797-perhaps the only normal Habs fans on here-you guys are responsible for keeping the sanity of the Habs fanbase. Bear that in mind. tears of joy In all seriousness, it was a pleasure discussing hockey with you guys, all four of you were informative, intelligent, and possessed a patience rarely seen on this site. Best of luck!

To the not-so-bad Leafs fans on here (this will obviously be a short list tears of joy): Saskleaf, aadoyle, LeafsFanForSomeReason, MitchMarner_16 and MatthewsFan-you guys have absolutely terrible taste in hockey, and yet still somehow remain knowledgeable and good to talk to despite said terrible taste. Hope you guys stay sane amidst the crazy world of Leafs fandom (oh, and I hope the Leafs lose in the first round every year for the next 50 years! tears of joy) Best of luck. (And LeafsFanForSomeReason-watch Tenet!!! It's a freaking masterpiece!!!)

AND LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!!!

It was a fukcin goal!!

All the best, don’t be a stranger!

200929092000-02-stanley-cup-win-0928-super-tease.jpg
BuFfaLOFaN et zk97 a aimé ceci.
23 août 2022 à 0 h 1
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Farewell @PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

You've been an absolute W of a user on CF. Sad to see you go but good luck in your future

#JBITBPITNHL
BuFfaLOFaN, zk97, Saskleaf and 2 others a aimé ceci.
23 août 2022 à 9 h 27
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
Farewell my friend. God bless.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
23 août 2022 à 9 h 37
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
If there was a CapFriendly hall of fame, you'd definitely be in there. It's a shame you're leaving, but we'll remember you. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.
BuFfaLOFaN, zk97, NoVaSpartan and 3 others a aimé ceci.
23 août 2022 à 13 h 41
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,732
Sad to see you go, I enjoyed your opinions/posts in the season threads. I wish you well with the rest of your life!
23 août 2022 à 13 h 58
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Is someone cutting onions here?
zk97, EsoYeezus69, TheFastAndTheFleuryous and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
23 août 2022 à 14 h 44
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
Sad to see you go my friend, you've been a thrill to engage with. Mad respect for being self-aware enough to recognize what's more important in life, good luck with whatever comes next.
23 août 2022 à 15 h 41
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

Will do my friend 🫡

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours, and you will be missed on here by many.
23 août 2022 à 23 h 3
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,560
Been a pleasure interacting with you in the forums, sad to see you go, as does everyone else.
All the best in your future endeavours!
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
24 août 2022 à 0 h 41
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,683
I've barely seen you ever respond to me
That could mean 3 things
A) You ignored listed me (likely)
B) You ignore me
C) You agree with my takes, but are too embarrassed to admit it

Either way, I haven't ever seen you acting mean or saying something bad. Ever.
Im in awe of you for your decision to step away. Takes a lot of will power.
Wish you the best in the rest!
24 août 2022 à 11 h 11
GO KNIGHTS GO
Mentions "j'aime": 2,266
smile

frown

cry
24 août 2022 à 14 h 8
Go leafs go
Quoting: TheFastAndTheFleuryous
smile

frown

cry

Is that you Jeff Skinner fan?
24 août 2022 à 14 h 49
GO KNIGHTS GO
Mentions "j'aime": 2,266
Quoting: Saskleaf
Is that you Jeff Skinner fan?

That it is
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
24 août 2022 à 14 h 59
Go leafs go
That it is

I like the new name.
TheFastAndTheFleuryous et Devil a aimé ceci.
24 août 2022 à 16 h 28
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
That it is

Quoting: Saskleaf
I like the new name.

I like it as well wink
A_Habs_fan, zk97, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage