I have a Canadian team winning the finals
22 août 2022 à 11 h 17
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
My predictions are Wack lol
I have a Canadian team winning the finals

The Oilers and Flames have an outside chance. (The Leafs, despite being the best of the Canadian teams, have no chance at all tears of joy)
ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR a aimé ceci.
22 août 2022 à 11 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Alex Bump Truther
Mentions "j'aime": 2,572
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
The Oilers and Flames have an outside chance. (The Leafs, despite being the best of the Canadian teams, have no chance at all tears of joy)

My team gonna suck so I'm rooting for the Oilers and Leafs. I feel like the leafs are past the Heartbreak stage so think they have to at least go far next year.
22 août 2022 à 12 h 46
me wan da poonani
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,243
Canes for me.
Adding Patches to that lineup come the playoffs is gonna be absolutely huge for them and I view Burns as an upgrade over deAngelo.
22 août 2022 à 12 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Alex Bump Truther
Quoting: Tintin
Canes for me.
Adding Patches to that lineup come the playoffs is gonna be absolutely huge for them and I view Burns as an upgrade over deAngelo.

I think the Canes are a really good pick. Im pretty high on them.
23 août 2022 à 9 h 35
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 906
Quoting: Tintin
Canes for me.

I think the Canes are a really good pick. Im pretty high on them.

As long as Kotkaniemi can hold down the #2C spot (or Necas busts out) then they have a really good shot.
23 août 2022 à 16 h 50
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Rematch of 2006

Canes vs Oilers
With the Canes winning again
gary_ et ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR a aimé ceci.
23 août 2022 à 19 h 9
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,536
Homer Prediction: Pens over Flames in the SCF

Unbiased Prediction: Carolina over Calgary in the SCF

I'll say this, if the Pens stay healthy-ish? The homer prediction is possible.
23 août 2022 à 23 h 27
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Modifié 24 août 2022 à 0 h 28
3 things I could see happen

1. Colorado repeats

2. Toronto finally gets over the hump overcomes there demons and then proceeds to win it all (kind of like what happened with Carolina and Colorado). In other words everything goes perfect, Murray finds his 2017 form, All of the big 4 dominate together, and the depth does there job along with the special teams (If Toronto's PP can figure things out and be like it was in the reg season they easily win a round as thats the one issue that seems to consistently arise). Also need to show AM that progress has been made.

3. We see Tampa vs. Colorado round 2 but Tampa takes it

And yes I know what Carolina has done but Freddie and key playoff moments dont mix and while people are calling the Oilers the 2017 Penguins yeah no Murray/Fleury tandem is way better than Campbell/Skinner. Like when was the last time a team could use both their goalies for 10 + games each in a post season run. Both will probs be in the second round (well if Freddie holds) with Edmonton repeating a Semi's appearance but its a wait and see
23 août 2022 à 23 h 58
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
Quoting: Devil
Rematch of 2006

Canes vs Oilers
With the Canes winning again

I reckon its in 7 too.

Someone best wheel Bob Cole and some Savin' Me out of the attic for that one
ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR et Devil a aimé ceci.
24 août 2022 à 8 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Alex Bump Truther
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
Homer Prediction: Pens over Flames in the SCF

Unbiased Prediction: Carolina over Calgary in the SCF

I'll say this, if the Pens stay healthy-ish? The homer prediction is possible.

Very Possible. I think Pitt will have a good regular season and you always have a chance with Crosby in the playoffs. Toronto Vs Oilers is my hopeful prediction but that's obviously not happening. Carolina Vs the AVs is my realistic prediction.
24 août 2022 à 9 h 32
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,536
Very Possible. I think Pitt will have a good regular season and you always have a chance with Crosby in the playoffs. Toronto Vs Oilers is my hopeful prediction but that's obviously not happening. Carolina Vs the AVs is my realistic prediction.

As much guff as I give TOR fans on this board for their loony trades, I feel for them. I'm a BIG fan of Matthews. He's probably my favorite non-Penguin and I'd like to see him go far, but TOR's goaltending moves has me scratching my head. If Murray finds his way to mental clarity then I've seen personally what he can do.

I think the AVS took too much of a step back and other West coast teams took bigger steps forward. It's still totally possible, but they lost their goaltending, #2 center, Nichuskin, Burakovsky and a few decent role players. They struck while the iron was hot, but especially with Nate's contract coming do, I think it's gonna be a few years when the cap opens back up and they can shop again until they can be serious contenders again. That said, if some of their young players on ELC's shine? That's a different story. That's their only possible saving grace IMO.

My top picks for the west are CGY and LAK. The rest of the teams have too many what-ifs behind them for me to really pick. EDM would be my #3, but we have to wait and see how their goaltending pans out. VGK, should IMO, be a beast, but obviously we have to see about Stone's health and how they address their goaltending. I think this will be an exciting season to watch overall.
24 août 2022 à 20 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724

Toronto vs. Edmonton would be a series that would probs break all NHL records

McDavid vs. Matthews who wouldnt want to see that

As to who would win that series 0 idea. Yes Toronto seems to love playing against Edmonton and their record against them is stupid good but that said its anyone's guess as playoff hockey is a different ball game
31 août 2022 à 3 h 30
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
Don't understand why Carolina got so many votes, they didn't necessarily improve their roster over the off-season
31 août 2022 à 11 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Alex Bump Truther
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Don't understand why Carolina got so many votes, they didn't necessarily improve their roster over the off-season

I think they retooled their roster for the playoffs. Pacioretty, when healthy is going to, be really important. Burns is older but better than TDA. I think Necas and Jarvis both have really solid years.
Devil a aimé ceci.
31 août 2022 à 11 h 40
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
I think they retooled their roster for the playoffs. Pacioretty, when healthy is going to, be really important. Burns is older but better than TDA. I think Necas and Jarvis both have really solid years.

They would have made it to the ECF if it wasn't for injuries
They're on of the only contending teams in the East that improved this offseason
31 août 2022 à 11 h 42
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084

Statstny was a great add, they also have a lot of young players who are going to improve (Jarvis, Necas , Svechnikov, kotkaniemi)
31 août 2022 à 15 h 17
Banni
Quoting: Db1899
Statstny was a great add, they also have a lot of young players who are going to improve (Jarvis, Necas , Svechnikov, kotkaniemi)

NO guarantee that all four of them take that next step simultaneously, that's a lot to bank on in one go
31 août 2022 à 15 h 18
Banni

I can see necas rebounding, but I don't know that I see a breakout just yet. As for Jarvis, I could see him having a sophomore slump, or at least maintaining the type of production he had in his rookie year, but I don't see a breakout from him just yet
31 août 2022 à 15 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Alex Bump Truther
I can see necas rebounding, but I don't know that I see a breakout just yet. As for Jarvis, I could see him having a sophomore slump, or at least maintaining the type of production he had in his rookie year, but I don't see a breakout from him just yet

Maybe but I don't see it. I feel like Jarvis will benefit from having a solid team around him negating a sophomore slump.
31 août 2022 à 15 h 40
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
NO guarantee that all four of them take that next step simultaneously, that's a lot to bank on in one go

It’s a good bet that 3 out of 4 will. Jarvis has the potential to be a PPG winger on the top line. He’s going to be a star
31 août 2022 à 15 h 52
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

Well at least they remain consistent I guess
31 août 2022 à 15 h 54
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
My finals prediction is Rangers vs Flames with the Flames winning in 6

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage