Forums/Armchair-GM

Miller for Necas and Bear

Créé par: OldNYIfan
Équipe: 2022-23 Canucks de Vancouver
Date de création initiale: 14 août 2022
Publié: 14 août 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
With the injury to Max Pacioretty, who might be out the entire season, the Hurricanes could be looking to rent a top-line replacement, and both Necas and Bear don't seem to be in Carolina's future plans. Vancouver's new third line could be very, very entertaining.

From Vancouver's point of view, two problems appear. The minor one is what to do with Tucker Poolman. The major one is that with Bo Horvat, Andrei Kuzmenko, Nils Hoglander and Ethan Bear all needing new contracts, there may be a run on the bank next summer and Tanner Pearson, Jason Dickinson and Tyler Myers may be rental fodder.

All of this presupposes that Vancouver decides that J. T. Miller will be too expensive to re-sign once this season is over.
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de NYR
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $80 014 167 $1 250 000 $2 000 000 $2 485 833 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
7 350 000 $7 350 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
6 650 000 $6 650 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
C
UFA - 1
4 950 000 $4 950 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
891 667 $891 667 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 650 000 $2 650 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
UFA - 4
7 260 000 $7 260 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
G
UFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 août 2022 à 16 h 18
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 475
We’re not trading Necas for a rental, plus we just got him signed recently so no way they do this.
14 août 2022 à 16 h 38
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 521
They just signed Necas to a bridge. Please explain how he’s not in their plans?
14 août 2022 à 16 h 42
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,410
First of all, Canes pass on that trade since they won’t trade Necas for a rental, especially since they just signed Necas. Second, Patches is only expected to be out until the All Star Break, and Waddell has also stated that he “won’t Kucherov Patches.” Third, Bertuzzi or JVR would both be more realistic acquisitions than Miller, as they wouldn’t require that much going the other way and both could get their contracts retained down to sub 2mil to make the money work when Patches does come back.
14 août 2022 à 16 h 56
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 227
Bear got signed, I highly doubt he'll be traded
14 août 2022 à 17 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,611
Quoting: nintendofan721
We’re not trading Necas for a rental, plus we just got him signed recently so no way they do this.

Quoting: spockrock
They just signed Necas to a bridge. Please explain how he’s not in their plans?

Quoting: evelutions2
First of all, Canes pass on that trade since they won’t trade Necas for a rental, especially since they just signed Necas. Second, Patches is only expected to be out until the All Star Break, and Waddell has also stated that he “won’t Kucherov Patches.” Third, Bertuzzi or JVR would both be more realistic acquisitions than Miller, as they wouldn’t require that much going the other way and both could get their contracts retained down to sub 2mil to make the money work when Patches does come back.

Thanks for the input, gentlemen.

I've read numerous articles speculating about Necas and quoting a variety of statements Waddell has made, none of which were absolute "we aren't thinking about trading him," and I think that the fact that the Hurricanes signed him to a bridge deal makes it more, not less, likely that he'd be traded. But I can certainly see why Caniacs would hate to see him go, and all of the speculation preceded his re-signing, so I can also see that the theory that he's potentially available is "no longer operative."
nintendofan721 et bdb a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 17 h 1
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,278
I’m just confused why Necas isn’t part of the plans for Carolina. He’s young and getting better. He’s got playoff experience with them. Seems weird to move him and not consider him part of the future.
14 août 2022 à 17 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,611
Quoting: Angusc
Bear got signed, I highly doubt he'll be traded

Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
I’m just confused why Necas isn’t part of the plans for Carolina. He’s young and getting better. He’s got playoff experience with them. Seems weird to move him and not consider him part of the future.

I thought it odd that Carolina signed him to a deal that expires the same season as Aho, Teravainen, Pesce and Skjei. Coupled with the articles I read prior to his re-signing, I thought it was possible that the Hurricanes might entertain offers for him if Pacioretty is on the LTIR list all season, especially in light of Waddell's comment that he's not going to "Kucherov" Pacioretty, which sounds like he's going to be out almost the entire year. And if Carolina wants a replacement for Pacioretty, Necas and Bear seemed like reasonable assets sufficient to acquire one.
palhal a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 17 h 12
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I thought it odd that Carolina signed him to a deal that expires the same season as Aho, Teravainen, Pesce and Skjei. Coupled with the articles I read prior to his re-signing, I thought it was possible that the Hurricanes might entertain offers for him if Pacioretty is on the LTIR list all season, especially in light of Waddell's comment that he's not going to "Kucherov" Pacioretty, which sounds like he's going to be out almost the entire year. And if Carolina wants a replacement for Pacioretty, Necas and Bear seemed like reasonable assets sufficient to acquire one.

Cap is still going to be important for them to resign other guys. Miller is going to expensive and he isn’t young anymore. I’d be hesitant to give him a 7-8 year deal for big money. 5 years sure, 7-8 at a high hit make me worry. Plus they’ll need to resign those 4 guys you just mentioned which is going to be very expensive and I personally think more important than adding Miller.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 17 h 12
Lets Get Kraken
Thanks for the input, gentlemen.

I've read numerous articles speculating about Necas and quoting a variety of statements Waddell has made, none of which were absolute "we aren't thinking about trading him," and I think that the fact that the Hurricanes signed him to a bridge deal makes it more, not less, likely that he'd be traded. But I can certainly see why Caniacs would hate to see him go, and all of the speculation preceded his re-signing, so I can also see that the theory that he's potentially available is "no longer operative."

I don’t doubt that Necas will probably eventually get traded, but what every Caniac on here has been trying to say is that Necas will not get dealt for a rental. That’s the golden rule that the Canes FO refuses to break. They don’t trade high end assets (players or first round picks alike) for rentals. And with Miller, in Carolina he will be a rental as the contract he wants is unrealistic and unreasonable, but would be an anchor the Canes can’t afford to have, or else they won’t be able to resign their core members.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 17 h 14
Lets Get Kraken

Necas was part of the package that the Canes were offering Calgary for Tkachuk. And unfortunately, it was looking like Carolina was going to land Tkachuk until Florida swooped in with their massive offer.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 19 h 4
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
Quoting: nintendofan721

Now, I understand why the Canes wouldn't trade Necas for a rental, but the fact that he was "recently signed" holds no merit. All players on teams are signed, and often by there current team, and those players can traded.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 19 h 6
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
Cap is still going to be important for them to resign other guys. Miller is going to expensive and he isn’t young anymore. I’d be hesitant to give him a 7-8 year deal for big money. 5 years sure, 7-8 at a high hit make me worry. Plus they’ll need to resign those 4 guys you just mentioned which is going to be very expensive and I personally think more important than adding Miller.

If trading for Miller....it's for rental season only. Makes no sense for either team to think "an extension"is part of the deal and the value in the traded
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 19 h 12
Quoting: palhal
If trading for Miller....it's for rental season only. Makes no sense for either team to think "an extension"is part of the deal and the value in the traded

If that’s the case, what’s the usual price, a 1st, decent prospect and 2nd/ mid tier prospect.
14 août 2022 à 20 h 2
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,362
I think Necas could be moved in the right deal but I don’t think it’s for somebody like Miller who would be a rental. A lot of those trades have been posted on here and I don’t see a good match between canes and nucks.

Miller is a very good player but Canes like trading for guys with term control. They won’t give Miller the extension he’s looking for as he enters his 30s looking for a long term deal (see Dougie and Troch as recent examples).

They may go after a rental but if they do I think it’s somebody that’s more of a true goal scorer versus a playmaker like Miller. Money also has to work bc Patches likely comes back before the playoffs. A deal around Kane with Gardiner going back could make sense with a bunch of retention. JVR could be a good bet with retention too especially if they don’t want to give up premium assets.

A lot of ppl on here have said Canes can easily extend Miller. That’s true, they could. But they shouldn’t and I think they’re one of the least likely teams to do that. They like having flexibility and with a ton of core guys due extensions over the next 2-3 years a massive contract for Miller would potentially cost them a young core piece as Miller begins his inevitable age curve decline.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage