San Jose Sharks 2022-2023 Realistic In-Depth Look

Créé par: SJSGM
Équipe: 2022-23 Sharks de San Jose
Date de création initiale: 13 août 2022
Publié: 14 août 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
San Jose Sharks 2022-2023 Realistic In-Depth Look

Here is my in-depth look at what the San Jose Sharks will look like in the 2022-2023 season. I tried to be realistic with the moves and the lineup. I don't see Grier making any massive moves before our game against Nashville in Prague on October 7th, but I think there could be some smaller moves.

Signings
Gregor - 2 years, 1 million aav: I personally really like Gregor and think he's pretty underrated. He's a very fast skater who plays well defensively. I think he can be a really solid middle-6 guy in a couple of seasons who can score 40+ points. A 2-year, 1 million dollar aav deal gives him two more years to fully prove himself and would expire as an RFA giving SJ the chance to sign him to a longer-term deal if he continues to develop.
Gadjovich- 1 year, 750 thousand aav: I really don't see any room in the lineup for Gadjovich but I have to think that Grier qualified him for some reason. I think a league minimum deal is fair for him and he can start with the Cuda and try to prove himself. If he doesn't perform well I see it as likely his last year with an NHL contract. He can provide good physicality for our 4th line but just doesn't score enough.

Trade
San Jose Sharks receive: Vegas' 2024 2nd round pick
Vegas Golden Knights receive: James Reimer

I know San Jose and Vegas are pretty big rivals but I think this trade makes sense. It's been rumored that the asking price for Reimer is a 2nd and Vegas likely needs a goalie after finding out Lehner is out for the season. San Jose could also trade Hill, but he probably would get less in return, I'd guess a 4th round pick. There are some other teams that might need a goalie as well like Washington and Montreal but I'd say Vegas needs one the most.

Roster
1st Line - Meier-Hertl-Barabanov

This was our best line last year and I think it should stay. Barabanov seems to do really well with Hertl and/or Meier and is probably our best RW anyways. Meier is also in the final year of his contract and is due for a big raise. Hertl is definitely our best center and is great in the faceoff dot. I feel combining the physical goalscorers in Hertl and Meier with a creative playmaker like Barabanov will work well. I think Meier will find another gear and get around 90 points and reach the 40-goal mark for the first time in his career. I think Hertl will do a bit better than last season and get around 70 points and 35 goals. Lastly, Barabanov will improve and get around the 50-point mark.

2nd line - Eklund-Couture-Labanc

This line is all playmakers. I believe Eklund will make the team out of training camp and earn a spot in SJ's top 6 where he will play for many years to come. Having two well-rounded forwards who play well defensively in Eklund and Couture will add a lot of stability to this line and allow Labanc to focus on his offensive side of the game and hopefully get back to his 18/19 season form. I predict Eklund will get around 35 points this season and will look to earn a top-line role soon. I think Couture will also do well as he will finally have some decent linemates. I'll say he gets 60 points and 20+ goals. I think Labanc will be better but not quite his old self and get 40+ points.

3rd Line - Lindblom-Sturm-Gregor

I think this line will provide a bit of everything. All forwards are solid defensively but also have a decent amount of offense. Lindblom provides a high compete level and is overall just a good team player. Sturm provides a bit of physicality and is the best defensively. Gregor gives the line some speed and youth. I think Lindblom rebounds a bit and gets 35+ points. Sturm performs well with more ice time and gets around 30 points. Gregor breaks out in his first full season and gets 30+ points.

4th Line - Lorentz-Bonino-Kunin

A solid physical and defensive line. The two new guys Lorentz and Kunin both provide good physicality while the veteran Bonino keeps everything locked down defensively. In his first full season, Lorentz does well and reaches 20 points. The solid defensive play from Lorentz and Bonino allows Kunin to focus more on offense and he reaches 30 points and 15 goals. Bonino stays consistent and gets 25+ points.

1st Pair - Ferraro-Karlsson

This first pair combines the physical, high-energy, two-way defenseman with the elite puck-moving defenseman. Ferraro should be able to reach another level and cover well for EK65. Karlsson should be able to focus on what he does best and produce well offensively now being the obvious choice for pp1. Karlsson shocks everyone and plays the full season earning 65 points. Ferraro eats up big, important minutes and reaches 20 points.

2nd Pair - Vlasic-Nutivaara

The 2nd pair is much like the 1st in the sense that it's a defenseman solid in his own end with a more offensive-defenseman. Quinn trusts Vlasic and puts him back in the top 4 and pairs him with the younger, more creative dman. Nutivaara thrives in the top 4 with Vlasic covering for him and gets 35+ points while Vlasic barely reaches 15.

3rd Pair - Megna-Benning

The 3rd pair is designed to be physical and defensive. Megna is a big boy who doesn't care about offense and will shut the other team down. Benning is a bit better offensively and provides decent physicality as well. Megna reaches 15 points while Benning gets 20.

Goalies

Kahkonen gets the starting role after Reimer is traded. He plays well and gets a .915 sv% and 2.8 gaa.
Hill is solid as the backup and gets a .910 sv% with 2.85 gaa.

Thoughts
I really think this team can compete. I've seen all the standings projections with them as the 7th or 8th team in the Pacific which could definitely happen, but I think it's possible they do well and they shouldn't be counted out yet. The top line is solid and the 2nd line can be great if Eklund is the player that many Sharks fans believe him to be and if Labanc can get back to being his former self. If those two things happen we could have a decent top 6. Guys like Lindblom, Kunin, and Gregor also could have decent potential and could potentially fill the role if Eklund and/or Labanc falters. The bottom 6 is much improved from last season. Instead of having a bunch of random young guys cycle through, we actually have a bottom 6 of legit NHLers. I'd say 4 of the guys in the bottom 6 are really solid physically and honestly all of them are good defensively. I think defensively this has to be one of the best bottom 6s in the league. Scratched Weatherby has good size and is well-rounded while Nieto is one of the best pkers in the league. Defense isn't as good, though. Ferraro-Karlsson could be a really solid pair if they find chemistry and Karlsson can find consistency. The 2nd pair is pretty weak. I honestly think Nutivaara is good enough for the 2nd pair but I don't think Vlasic ever will be again. Losing Knyzhov for 6 months is a big hit. When he comes back, I'd put him with Karlsson since they had solid chemistry last season and push Ferraro and Vlasic down a spot. When he comes back I'd also look to trade Simek. Maybe even put Megna over Vlasic then and have Vlasic scratched with him being bought out next offseason. I think our goalies are good and Kahkonen will prove himself as a legit starter this season. I could definitely see guys like Bordeleau, Coe, and Merkley doing well at first in the AHL and being called up to the middle 6 and 2nd pair.

Overall, I truly believe this team has a chance at making the playoffs
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
1750 000 $
Transactions
SJS
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (VGK)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de CAR
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de CBJ
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de VAN
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de VGK
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de COL
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $73 969 168 $0 $332 500 $8 530 832 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
AG
RFA - 4
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
4 725 000 $4 725 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 3
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 025 000 $1 025 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
2 175 000 $2 175 000 $
G
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DG
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
C
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 août 2022 à 13 h 8
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 295
I still don't like Ferraro on the top pairing, but if they don't try and make him play 28 minutes a night things will be better. Solid, realistic AGM.
14 août 2022 à 13 h 47
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,457
The Sharks will either make the playoffs or will finish bottom of the barrel. It’s just going to be one of those seasons, particularly with how wide open the Western Conference is right now.
SJSGM a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 15 h 46
Démarrer sujet
go Sharks go
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 396
Quoting: Waffelz
I still don't like Ferraro on the top pairing, but if they don't try and make him play 28 minutes a night things will be better. Solid, realistic AGM.

thanks, that's what I was going for!

I don't love Ferraro with EK65 either but with Knyzhov out now I feel like that's the only option. He's the only decent LD we have. You could try pairing a defensive-defenseman with him and hope that it helps unlock his full potential but I don't think a guy like Megna should be on the top pair. We need Knyzhov.
Waffelz a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 16 h 20
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2
What if Bordelaue makes the team out of camp, 3C? He's playing very well in the Junior Worlds and I can see him pushing for a spot.
3rd - Lindlom/Bords/kunin
4th - Gregor/Sturm/Bonino

Maybe move Kunin to 2, Labacnc to 3 if Labanc stumbles or the 2nd line gets pushed around.

Agree with evelution this year can go either way.
I do belive we will be better on D with Burns...just for the sake of 20% less icing on the hero passes. MEV is a big ? on the 2nd but not a lotta choice and worse case better draft odds.
14 août 2022 à 17 h 26
Démarrer sujet
go Sharks go
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 396
Quoting: Diggdat
What if Bordelaue makes the team out of camp, 3C? He's playing very well in the Junior Worlds and I can see him pushing for a spot.
3rd - Lindlom/Bords/kunin
4th - Gregor/Sturm/Bonino

Maybe move Kunin to 2, Labacnc to 3 if Labanc stumbles or the 2nd line gets pushed around.

Agree with evelution this year can go either way.
I do belive we will be better on D with Burns...just for the sake of 20% less icing on the hero passes. MEV is a big ? on the 2nd but not a lotta choice and worse case better draft odds.

Yeah I could see him making it as well. If he does, I'd personally go:
Lindblom-Bordeleau-Gregor
Bonino-Sturm-Kunin
Lorentz/Nieto scratched

and yeah Kunin or Gregor moves up if Labanc struggles
yeah I agree. Vlasic is prob our best option for 2LD but I don't feel good about that.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage