Montreal and Colorado Fans

Créé par: OldNYIfan
Équipe: 2022-23 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 13 août 2022
Publié: 13 août 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Any interest in this idea?

I'm assuming Slafkovsky starts out in Laval.

This makes sense to me for the Canadiens -- they get a quality LhD who is younger and signed longer than Edmundson and Matheson. The premise from the Colorado side is that the Avs decide that they need a #2C to give Alex Newhook another year to develop and don't want to play Rantanen on the middle. I'm not sure at all that said premise is well-founded.

Intelligent comments appreciated. So don't start with me about how much money Kirby Dach should get.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 750 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Girard, Samuel
Détails additionnels:
Assume a pick to balance if you're not happy with one-for-one
COL
  1. Dvorak, Christian
Détails additionnels:
Assume a pick to balance if you're not happy with one-for-one
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de PIT
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $66 282 499 $1 132 500 $1 570 000 $16 217 501 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 8
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 4
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
825 000 $825 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
880 833 $880 833 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DD
RFA - 2
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
G
UFA - 1
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance507 500 $$508K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
950 000 $950 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
13 août 2022 à 19 h 47
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,646
Girard for Dvorak and barron
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
13 août 2022 à 19 h 54
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,242
Quoting: JeffW
Girard for Dvorak and barron

LMAO!! Montreal counters with Dvorak for Makar, I mean if we are just going to get silly right off the bat then there is no use talking about it!
13 août 2022 à 20 h 3
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,034
Quoting: Campabee
LMAO!! Montreal counters with Dvorak for Makar, I mean if we are just going to get silly right off the bat then there is no use talking about it!

Girard is a borderline 1st pairing dman on a great contract. Dvorak is at best an average 2C who’s better suited to a 3rd line role. It’s not completely outrageous
JeffW et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
13 août 2022 à 20 h 21
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 12,187
0 interest, girard is the Better player and you don’t need to give up a girard level player for Dvorak
OldNYIfan, Xqb15a, palhal and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
13 août 2022 à 20 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,611
Quoting: coga16
0 interest, girard is the Better player and you don’t need to give up a girard level player for Dvorak

Thanks, my friend.
coga16 et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
13 août 2022 à 20 h 53
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,373
I'm not sold on Dvorak at that price. Could he be a good 2C between better playmaking wingers like Rantanen and Lehkonen? Yeah, maybe. But he could also be Compher 2.0, which is something the Avs don't need or want. Too much risk there.

Dvorak to Colorado for a bargain price I can see. But I personally don't think Colorado gives up Girard for anything less than a clear steal.
OldNYIfan et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
13 août 2022 à 21 h 8
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,646

My bad, Girard and a 3rd rounder for Dvorak and barron
Xqb15a a aimé ceci.
13 août 2022 à 22 h 54
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,693
If that was the basis of the deal I would be ok with it. Obviously Habs would need to add and frankly I'd be ok with that. Within reason of course. Maybe something like a prospect to replace Girard in Norlinder + 3rd rounder.
14 août 2022 à 3 h 18
ForeignObjects316
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 678
MTL doesnt need a LD period
All we got is LD stacked at all levels
We moved Romanov because he was in the way of Harris ,Ghule and Xhakaj now

It doesnt matter who we trade MTL has no interest in Girard especially after his broken Sternum
I'm a wrestling fan and i know it effects mobility for them in the ring after an injury like this and its long term.
Brody Steele suffered a broken Sternum back in his WCW days and that was the last year he worked for a top tier company.
I mean he's big in Germany and the Maritimes so that's something i guess but my point its how they repair it isnt mean for this type of brute force.
Its a Very sketchy injury to have

I argue like Mark Staal post Eye injury that Girard wont be a fraction of the player her was.
Because of that i'm not interested until atleast 1 year has been played to see how bad the injury to the Sternum was.
If it was as bad as Steele's was i can say he might play Pro still but he'll never move the same

There's some injuries teams arent looking to take on without a ton of research
14 août 2022 à 9 h 15
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,425
Quoting: Billy316
I argue like Mark Staal post Eye injury that Girard wont be a fraction of the player her was.
Because of that i'm not interested until atleast 1 year has been played to see how bad the injury to the Sternum was.
If it was as bad as Steele's was i can say he might play Pro still but he'll never move the same

Girard was a fracture I believe, bad but not worse. Also he lifted the cup easily and did a cartwheel during the parade. I think SpinnyBoi will be just fine.

I would counter Girard for Dvorak and Guhle
OldNYIfan et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 10 h 18
Quoting: mv21227
Girard is a borderline 1st pairing dman on a great contract. Dvorak is at best an average 2C who’s better suited to a 3rd line role. It’s not completely outrageous

Barron will be better than Girard in 2 years, Montreal is not in a hurry to contend. Trading the younger player with the higher ceiling for a rebuilding team is a stupid idea. Should Colorado have traded Makar before he played a full season to have gotten an older player before they were ready to contend? No they did it the right way, just like the Habs should. Patience is key here not throwing away our future for a 2nd pairing RD.
14 août 2022 à 10 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Billy316
All we got is LD stacked at all levels
We moved Romanov because he was in the way of Harris ,Ghule and Xhakaj now

It doesnt matter who we trade MTL has no interest in Girard especially after his broken Sternum
I'm a wrestling fan and i know it effects mobility for them in the ring after an injury like this and its long term.
Brody Steele suffered a broken Sternum back in his WCW days and that was the last year he worked for a top tier company.
I mean he's big in Germany and the Maritimes so that's something i guess but my point its how they repair it isnt mean for this type of brute force.
Its a Very sketchy injury to have

Thanks for your input.

The general consensus is that it takes a defender about 200 games to know his craft. I thought that Girard would be a nice bridge while Guhle, Harris and Xhakaj were getting to that level.
Billy316 et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 10 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Barron will be better than Girard in 2 years, Montreal is not in a hurry to contend. Trading the younger player with the higher ceiling for a rebuilding team is a stupid idea. Should Colorado have traded Makar before he played a full season to have gotten an older player before they were ready to contend? No they did it the right way, just like the Habs should. Patience is key here not throwing away our future for a 2nd pairing RD.

Whether Barron is better than Girard in 2 years, or has successfully become an NHLer, is irrelevant because they play the opposite sides. If, as you predict, Barron becomes as good as Girard in two seasons, they will make a great pair for three more seasons, especially if they spend all of that time together. The idea that you don't want Girard because you're going to have a good partner for him seems odd, to say the least.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 12 h 21
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Whether Barron is better than Girard in 2 years, or has successfully become an NHLer, is irrelevant because they play the opposite sides. If, as you predict, Barron becomes as good as Girard in two seasons, they will make a great pair for three more seasons, especially if they spend all of that time together. The idea that you don't want Girard because you're going to have a good partner for him seems odd, to say the least.

Montreal has no use for LD, we have Eddy and Matheson already, Guhle who projects to be a top pairing D man in the mold of Weber. Harris, Xhekaj, Norlinder, Hutson and Struble who all have similar upside to Girard. We quite simply do not have a need for Girard, our LD is set now and in the future. The Avs need Dvorak more than we need Girard, and we are definitely not adding to a deal for that reason. I had assumed you had used Girard as a RD since our LD is full.
14 août 2022 à 12 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Montreal has no use for LD, we have Eddy and Matheson already, Guhle who projects to be a top pairing D man in the mold of Weber. Harris, Xhekaj, Norlinder, Hutson and Struble who all have similar upside to Girard. We quite simply do not have a need for Girard, our LD is set now and in the future. The Avs need Dvorak more than we need Girard, and we are definitely not adding to a deal for that reason. I had assumed you had used Girard as a RD since our LD is full.

So much of your comment is hometown-amusing. "We have no use for LD"? No one with an IQ measurable in three digits will deny that Girard is superior offensively to both Edmundson and Matheson; Edmundson is clearly superior defensively to Girard but that certainly can't be said of Matheson. Now you can make a legitimate argument that LD is not a primary issue for Montreal with the youngsters you mention likely to come into their own in two or three seasons (when Edmundson's contract expires), but saying "no use" is really overstating reality when Girard is demonstrably an upgrade on Matheson, with whom you run the risk that last season was an outlier. But the real howler is "The Avs need Dvorak more than we need Girard." When last I looked, Colorado had won the Stanley Cup without either, and your team was dead last in the NHL.
TJTwolf, Anus_McLeod et Devil a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 15 h 51
So much of your comment is hometown-amusing. "We have no use for LD"? No one with an IQ measurable in three digits will deny that Girard is superior offensively to both Edmundson and Matheson; Edmundson is clearly superior defensively to Girard but that certainly can't be said of Matheson. Now you can make a legitimate argument that LD is not a primary issue for Montreal with the youngsters you mention likely to come into their own in two or three seasons (when Edmundson's contract expires), but saying "no use" is really overstating reality when Girard is demonstrably an upgrade on Matheson, with whom you run the risk that last season was an outlier. But the real howler is "The Avs need Dvorak more than we need Girard." When last I looked, Colorado had won the Stanley Cup without either, and your team was dead last in the NHL.

I have an IQ of 140 and I really don't see Girard as that much of an upgrade. Over the last 5 seasons Matheson has 121 point Girard has 151 that averages outto just 6 points per season more than Matheson. Anyone with higher than single digit IQ knows that 6 points per season is not a significant upgrade as you would have them believe
14 août 2022 à 16 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
I have an IQ of 140 and I really don't see Girard as that much of an upgrade. Over the last 5 seasons Matheson has 121 point Girard has 151 that averages outto just 6 points per season more than Matheson. Anyone with higher than single digit IQ knows that 6 points per season is not a significant upgrade as you would have them believe

Well, then, you should be able to do the math that tells you that more than 25% of Matheson's points in the last 5 campaigns came last season, which is why I used, and you ignored, the word "outlier" in my comment. My point wasn't that Girard is a major upgrade on Matheson and I am willing to accept your admission that he's a minor one; my point was that your employment of the phrase "no use" was excessive and ill-considered. You can certainly make a legitimate argument that the upgrade isn't worth the price or that the asset spent is better used elsewhere, but the assertion that an upgrade FOR FIVE SEASONS (especially when Edmundson is expiring in two) is "of no use" is just plain silly.
TJTwolf et Anus_McLeod a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 16 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too

P.S. My reference to IQ was simply another way of saying that I think it's beyond dispute that Girard is an upgrade offensively on both Matheson and Edmundson. It was not in any way directed, overtly or surreptitiously, at you. Far from it. I apologize if you understood it to be personal in any way.
14 août 2022 à 19 h 15
ForeignObjects316
Thanks for your input.

The general consensus is that it takes a defender about 200 games to know his craft. I thought that Girard would be a nice bridge while Guhle, Harris and Xhakaj were getting to that level.

That's an accurate statement
It just ignore's Edmunston who's likely to become next Captain and his role.
Given the option i'd take Eddy>Girard 10/10
Come playoffs i know Eddy's value to a SCF team in 2 systems and the Team and Fans love him

We also got Matheson for that as Hughes confirmed he's playing LD and that MTL was still in the market for a RD.
Plus we'll have Harris in the middle while Ghule and Harris go through their transitions

I'm not saying Girard isnt of Value
I'm just saying we move Romanov for a reason and it wasnt to give that created space to Girard.
Harris after all is MSL and Hughes guy, He was the Captain ,Leader and Friend to both their kids and both have coached him growing up.
I expect his transition to be quick as he's getting minutes Kulak finished with in MTL at a point in his career when Kulak couldnt average 8-15 minutes in all but 4 games his first year here but 3rd year Pro

If you however found a way to get MTL a decent RD preferbly with Size we'd be all over it in the right circumstances.
Even Roy from LAK would do in a pinch but ideally a Durzi/Spence types ready for the NHL in a system that perhaps over developed them
Hughes has no issues paying for players like that as he's said in many interviews he values a guy like that versus have the same pick today to draft his own.
Even Duszak from TML would work in a pinch in our system as Barron/Duszak can compete to push Savard outta top 4
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 19 h 45
ForeignObjects316
To a team like TBL in a cap crunch with limited options without have to pay or take a loss to create room this would be attractive
I think this deal could make sense Girard for Cernak
Its a boost for COL who add's size which was important in their win as that's what replaced Girards Offensive hole when he went down was Size and Defensive play.
TBL has tons of size , they're all size basically and Girard would add a lot of high end skill and speed to their team that its missing

Similar contracts but Cernaks has Signing Bonus's and is 8 years versus Girards 5 years
This obviously helps TBL out more but from an age POV Cernak will be 32 when he becomes a UFA so its a term you're happy with.
Girard has no NTC/NMC for 2 more years and its a 9 team list versus Cernaks 16 team list

Both have advantage's short term but long term is really about POV.
COL is getting a quality top 4 Stanley Cup Champ RD locked in at a good cap
Only issue with that is the NTC and Signing Bonus's making it hard longterm to move him if needed

For that reason i'd suggest making a trade that reflect that.
Balance it out with picks to keep it simple
Both teams walk away better and both players walk into more minutes and chance's offensively IMO
There's better teams to trade with that might offer more but few are as even as this given one's a Offensive D and one's a Defensive D

TBL has Foote and Meyers on RD with Cole,Sergachev,Fleury and Bogosian who all play RD not including Girard himself who can.
Losing Cernak is a big hole but Girard averages 3-4 minutes more ice time scoring twice as much and for a win now team that's appealing
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage