Forums/Armchair-GM

Give Bowness A Team He Would Want

Créé par: Grapevine
Équipe: 2022-23 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 12 août 2022
Publié: 12 août 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I’ve seen so much anti-Bowness rhetoric that I can tell he’s already going to be the fall guy when this team gets worse because Chevy chose to not rebuild. Chevy should be doing everything he can to support a new coach but instead he’s sitting still. I don’t know how much longer we have to sit by and defend him when his time as a useful GM for us is about up.
Transactions
WPG
  1. Faksa, Radek
  2. Khudobin, Anton
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (DAL)
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (DAL)
DAL
  1. Stanley, Logan
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (WPG)
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de DAL
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de DAL
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $82 392 024 $0 $2 262 500 $107 976 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
AG
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Stars de Dallas
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 166 667 $2 166 667 $
AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
850 000 $850 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 166 667 $6 166 667 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 950 000 $5 950 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
900 000 $900 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance350 000 $$350K)
DG
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
13 août 2022 à 9 h 55
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,355
It isn't anti- Bowness rhetoric as you put it, its just the fact he's sooooo much like Maurice that many are resigned to the fact they're likely going to be essentially watching the same team doing the same thing probably getting a few more wins as they'll tighten up a bit defensively under a new coach much like they did when Maurice was new but will fall short cause they're not built to win games 2-1 nor are they good enough.

Idk how many fans there were that thought Maurice was the sole reason for this teams failures. For me I never bought what he was selling but in the last two to three years also knew they just weren't good enough in certain parts of the lineup.

Not trying to defend Chevy but apparently he's tried to sign some guys, namely Jarnkrok and Heinen but they both chose other teams so he has been trying to improve the team and support the new coach but hasn't had any success in convincing guys to sign with the Jets. Just looking at what you did here there's a good chance it'd be blocked by Faksa or Khudobin's trade protection.

Again, not trying to defend Chevy but we have no idea how much influence Chipman has on day to day hockey stuff, maybe Chevy wanted to rebuild and Chipman said no.

Anyway when this team likely falls short I highly doubt Bowness will be the fall guy, if anything it'll be the deciding factor for even the most passive fans that this team just isn't good enough when they see essentially the same group fall short under yet another coach. Some things that might get Bowness some justified criticism is if he does what Maurice did which was doing the same things over and over again with his lines even when they weren't working and playing vets instead of or higher in the lineup than more talented players, Maurice did that often and Bowness was doing that in Dallas just this past season with Gurianov, if he does that and they're not winning way more than they're losing the criticism of him will be more than justified, saw so much of that garbage with Maurice, hope to never see it again.
Mr_Canoehead a aimé ceci.
13 août 2022 à 17 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Brandon Wheat Kings
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 144
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
It isn't anti- Bowness rhetoric as you put it, its just the fact he's sooooo much like Maurice that many are resigned to the fact they're likely going to be essentially watching the same team doing the same thing probably getting a few more wins as they'll tighten up a bit defensively under a new coach much like they did when Maurice was new but will fall short cause they're not built to win games 2-1 nor are they good enough.

Idk how many fans there were that thought Maurice was the sole reason for this teams failures. For me I never bought what he was selling but in the last two to three years also knew they just weren't good enough in certain parts of the lineup.

Not trying to defend Chevy but apparently he's tried to sign some guys, namely Jarnkrok and Heinen but they both chose other teams so he has been trying to improve the team and support the new coach but hasn't had any success in convincing guys to sign with the Jets. Just looking at what you did here there's a good chance it'd be blocked by Faksa or Khudobin's trade protection.

Again, not trying to defend Chevy but we have no idea how much influence Chipman has on day to day hockey stuff, maybe Chevy wanted to rebuild and Chipman said no.

Anyway when this team likely falls short I highly doubt Bowness will be the fall guy, if anything it'll be the deciding factor for even the most passive fans that this team just isn't good enough when they see essentially the same group fall short under yet another coach. Some things that might get Bowness some justified criticism is if he does what Maurice did which was doing the same things over and over again with his lines even when they weren't working and playing vets instead of or higher in the lineup than more talented players, Maurice did that often and Bowness was doing that in Dallas just this past season with Gurianov, if he does that and they're not winning way more than they're losing the criticism of him will be more than justified, saw so much of that garbage with Maurice, hope to never see it again.

I agree with most of what you’ve said. I also think they’re nervous about a rebuild but I know Jets fans love this team and will stand behind it. There are far less stable markets doing rebuilds. Ottawa is just coming out of one and they’re hardly the most stable market. Arizona is in one but we also all know why they’ve survived.

I think Bowness played veterans over younger players because Dallas was in a playoff hunt. Capfriendly users overrate young players. Most of them are not useful in the postseason.
Mr_Canoehead a aimé ceci.
13 août 2022 à 18 h 52
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,266
I guess the one good thing about little change in the roster is we get to see the impact of a wholesale coaching change in (relative) isolation.

Separately, if there is a rebuild it won't be Chevy's decision because if Hellebuyck tells the Jets that he isn't interested in an extension next summer then the rebuild begins.
Grapevine a aimé ceci.
14 août 2022 à 11 h 37
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,355
Quoting: Grapevine
I agree with most of what you’ve said. I also think they’re nervous about a rebuild but I know Jets fans love this team and will stand behind it. There are far less stable markets doing rebuilds. Ottawa is just coming out of one and they’re hardly the most stable market. Arizona is in one but we also all know why they’ve survived.

I think Bowness played veterans over younger players because Dallas was in a playoff hunt. Capfriendly users overrate young players. Most of them are not useful in the postseason.

I think there's less and less Jets fans willing to stand behind this team which is a scarythought, was plenty of empty seats last season and after the disaster that was last season to have an offseason where essentially nothing was done isn't going to bring confidence back to fans. As I said it sounds like Chevy has tried but if they do go into next season without anyone new signed or no new faces brought in via trade it won't make fans happy, most were expecting some big changes and a long term extension for "captain material Dubois", so far they've gotten neither and bad news about Dubois.
To be clear I'm not criticizing Chevy for doing nothing, what I'm getting at is I don't think many fans will be as accepting of no change to the lineup. Guess we'll see how fans react after seeing the crowds at the first 5-10 or so home games. The offseason isn't over yet though, theres teams that will have to make some moves to get cap compliant and still some serviceable UFAs looking for a job so maybe there will be some lineup change yet.

I really don't know if they fear a rebuild or if they really believe in this group, probably a bit of both.

After this offseason I'm genuinely fearful for the long term viability of the Jets and see them as one of the most unstable markets, its just dark cloud after dark cloud over this team and they've failed to build a good team culture. For an organization that already has so many obstacles working against them that they have no control over to seemingly create more for themselves with poor roster/lineup management is baffling.

Meh, the Stars were desperate for goals and Gurianov looked great against the Jets, crazy to not get that guy higher in the lineup imo.
Some veterans are still useful and I have time for them when utilized properly or provide a needed element like physicality, speed or a tenacious forecheck but these guys that are nothing but time wasters are useless.

Too many coaches overrate grindy veterans that are no longer useful at any time of the season, too much or the wrong use of veterans is why some teams don't qualify for the playoffs.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage