SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #11 - Will Lamoriello ever announce Kadri's signing?

10 août 2022 à 0 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Quoting: Devil
FZvZsvdXgAEVO1j?format=png&name=small

That's actually his name, BTW. No joke. Not shortened, not a nickname-nothing. His legal name is Ivan Ivan Ivan.
10 août 2022 à 0 h 34
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
That's actually his name, BTW. No joke. Not shortened, not a nickname-nothing. His legal name is Ivan Ivan Ivan.

A name so nice, you have to say it thrice
A_Habs_fan, justaBoss, BuFfaLOFaN and 6 others a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 10 h 30
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,170
The Kadri situation is getting beyond weird. I still think he’s been waiting on the Avs to make space for him with a trade. If he wants 9 million he’d have to do a 1 year deal with a bad team like klingberg did.
yikes a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 10 h 39
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,188
was reminded today of this post of some dude using an rapm chart to prove how craig smith was better than auston matthews

unknown.png?width=905&height=609
Saskleaf, yikes, EsoYeezus69 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 10 h 48
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: mondo
was reminded today of this post of some dude using an rapm chart to prove how craig smith was better than auston matthews

unknown.png?width=905&height=609

I'd have to agree with him. Smith is definitely better.scream
Devil, yikes, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 10 h 48
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: edeangel84
The Kadri situation is getting beyond weird. I still think he’s been waiting on the Avs to make space for him with a trade. If he wants 9 million he’d have to do a 1 year deal with a bad team like klingberg did.

i think hes waiting on isles to sign dobson so they know what they can work with. at the very least waiting for the 2nd buyout period as there wont be a period of more cap room available until next offseason.

kadri wont work to the avs past next season. avs are unwilling to move girard for kadri
10 août 2022 à 11 h 4
Dave Keon Fan
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 121
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
I'd have to agree with him. Smith is definitely better.scream

If that doesn’t prove what a crock analytics are nothing will
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 11 h 13
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 931
What's the deal on the Kings RFA's? Durzi and Anderson can set the stage for a possible trade (Walker?) for a team that needs a RHD if they each get more than $2 million.
10 août 2022 à 11 h 15
Quoting: ReginaSask

It just means one thing. Craig Smith is either severely sheltered, a great bottom 6 player, or the most underrated player in the NHL. Analytics are not bad and are a great tool to use. It just becomes a way for people to argue points and use small sample sizes. It's like if I showed you a highlight from a player, say Top 10 NHL goals from 2021 Sportsnet. You have highlights from Jack Roslovic and Texier that are quite impressive, now imagine if I argued that that 1 highlight is the reason Texier and Roslovic are better than Matthews because he wasn't included in that list at all.
PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188, Devil, EsoYeezus69 and 5 others a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 11 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225

It doesn't prove analytics in and of themselves are worthless. It proves relying SOLELY on analytics is worthless. You have to combine them with the eye test-I.E., what you actually see on the ice, you can't use analytics as the end-all be-all. (And obviously Matthews is a million times better than Craig Smith even in analytics, this idiot was cherry picking stats from an extremely limited sample size.)
Devil, EsoYeezus69, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 11 h 20
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,435
Quoting: DirtyDangle
i think hes waiting on isles to sign dobson so they know what they can work with. at the very least waiting for the 2nd buyout period as there wont be a period of more cap room available until next offseason.

kadri wont work to the avs past next season. avs are unwilling to move girard for kadri

Dobson is already signed (but not registered)

I think Kadri is already "signed" with the Islanders
10 août 2022 à 11 h 22
Dave Keon Fan
It just means one thing. Craig Smith is either severely sheltered, a great bottom 6 player, or the most underrated player in the NHL. Analytics are not bad and are a great tool to use. It just becomes a way for people to argue points and use small sample sizes. It's like if I showed you a highlight from a player, say Top 10 NHL goals from 2021 Sportsnet. You have highlights from Jack Roslovic and Texier that are quite impressive, now imagine if I argued that that 1 highlight is the reason Texier and Roslovic are better than Matthews because he wasn't included in that list at all.

And that’s all I see from internet hockey fans, look at this kid he did this therefore he’s the next Gretzky
BuFfaLOFaN et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 11 h 25
And that’s all I see from internet hockey fans, look at this kid he did this therefore he’s the next Gretzky

yea, its very easy to take someones statistics, narrow them down to a time period where they where on a point streak and make them look great. Imagine if you took Schmaltz stats when he had that insane goal streak and he would have looked like the best player in the NHL. I do really like advanced stats and how they can bring knowledge of a players strengths and weaknesses but you have ot be careful of how you use them. Especially players that are severely sheletered.
PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188, Devil, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 11 h 45
Dave Keon Fan
Modifié 10 août 2022 à 11 h 50
yea, its very easy to take someones statistics, narrow them down to a time period where they where on a point streak and make them look great. Imagine if you took Schmaltz stats when he had that insane goal streak and he would have looked like the best player in the NHL. I do really like advanced stats and how they can bring knowledge of a players strengths and weaknesses but you have ot be careful of how you use them. Especially players that are severely sheletered.

We’ve had stats in hockey forever. Never have I seen such idiocy among hockey fans than I’ve seen in the last decade plus from these analytics geeks. They will tell you this is the only way to evaluate a player and anything before analytics is to be thrown out the window. If I look at career points per game I see Kent Nilsson in the top 10 all time. Now I’ve been in Calgary when he played for the Flames right after they moved from Atlanta. I never heard any flames fan argue he was better than Gordie Howe because his points per game is higher. In fact hockey fans realized the explosion in scoring we saw in the 70s was a result of the massive expansion from the original six era to where the league was, more than 3 times the size it was when scoring was down because you had 6 really good teams where every player was that good, therefore scoring as down. Regardless it’s the annoying petulant behaviour of those people that has ruined hockey discussions
BuFfaLOFaN, yikes et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 12 h 1
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817

Hey man, Bedard and Michkov do look like the next Sidney and Ovi - only one plays against men tho. (That’s for you @AndrewLadd)
AndrewLadd et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 12 h 4
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 931
We’ve had stats in hockey forever. Never have I seen such idiocy among hockey fans than I’ve seen in the last decade plus from these analytics geeks. They will tell you this is the only way to evaluate a player and anything before analytics is to be thrown out the window. If I look at career points per game I see Kent Nilsson in the top 10 all time. Now I’ve been in Calgary when he played for the Flames right after they moved from Atlanta. I never heard any flames fan argue he was better than Gordie Howe because his points per game is higher. In fact hockey fans realized the explosion in scoring we saw in the 70s was a result of the massive expansion from the original six era to where the league was, more than 3 times the size it was when scoring was down because you had 6 really good teams where every player was that good, therefore scoring as down. Regardless it’s the annoying petulant behaviour of those people that has ruined hockey discussions

The next NHL All-Star competition should be:

Team A: The reigning Stanley Cup Champions (the roster that won the cup; not the current team's roster). The Champs
Team B: A team drafted by the NHL's best analytics department heads (can't include any players from team A). The Analytics team
Team C: A team drafted by the NHL's best coaching staffs (can't include any players from teams A & B). The Coaches team
Team D: A team selected by the remaining players in the league and "coached" by the players. The NHLPA team.

I would put my money on either the Champs or the NHLPA teams.
yikes, Saskleaf et kdawg32086 a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 12 h 8
EklundCelebriniSmith
Modifié 10 août 2022 à 12 h 14
Quoting: HockeyScotty

Team A: The reigning Stanley Cup Champions (the roster that won the cup; not the current team's roster). The Champs
Team B: A team drafted by the NHL's best analytics department heads (can't include any players from team A). The Analytics team
Team C: A team drafted by the NHL's best coaching staffs (can't include any players from teams A & B). The Coaches team
Team D: A team selected by the remaining players in the league and "coached" by the players. The NHLPA team.

It’s a good idea - but the NHL is not creative enough to implement anything close. Nor are they forward thinking enough to try new ****.

It would be a far more interesting All Star weekend. 4 drafts and actual investment in terms of interest. It would be great diversity but it could leave some teams out of the mix (which the NHL could just implement one player per team must play). Again they’re too dumb to try it tho.

Though I would change the cup team to any cup winning active player to allow greater diversity and that would make it far much interesting.

5 forwards, 3 D men, 2 goalies per team, each team must be represented once. Keeps things smaller and not 1 hour drafts and shorter and crazier games 3 on 3.

Champs

Analytics

Coaches

NHLPA
HockeyScotty, zk97 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 12 h 15
Quoting: yikes
It’s a good idea - but the NHL is not creative enough to implement anything close. Nor are they forward thinking enough to try new ****.

It would be a far more interesting All Star weekend. 4 drafts and actual investment in terms of interest. It would be great diversity but it could leave some teams out of the mix (which the NHL could just implement one player per team must play). Again they’re too dumb to try it tho.

Though I would change the cup team to any cup winning active player to allow greater diversity and that would make it far much interesting.

5 forwards, 3 D men, 2 goalies per team, each team must be represented once. Keeps things smaller and not 1 hour drafts and shorter and crazier games 3 on 3.

Champs

Analytics

Coaches

NHLPA

I will take the Analytics team, if you go second you get all the other best players in the world. Matthews, McDavid etc. are still the best analytical players in the world.
yikes et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 12 h 24
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,188

first bar is the most important because it accounts for actual goal scoring. second bar accounts for the expected goals. so if the first bar is higher than the second bar, that player is scoring more than they're expected to and is much more likely to be a better shooter/offensive player. third bar is the amount of shots the team attempts when that player is on the ice. so what the first three bars are actually showing is that matthews scores more than what he's expected to and he's doing it with less attempts at the net, whereas craig smith is on the ice when a lot of shot attempts are happening but he's not making the most of them.

the last two bars are moot because matthews has gotten better at defensive and not been conceding as much when he's on the ice, but it's very funny because if you can actually understand the chart, it doesn't prove his point.
10 août 2022 à 12 h 25
EklundCelebriniSmith

Champs

Analytics

Coaches

NHLPA

Champs:

Crosby
MacKinnon
Ovi
Bergeron
Kucherov

Hedman
Makar
Toews

Vasi
Kuemper

Analytics:

McDavid
Matthews
Marner
Barkov
Marchand

Josi
McAvoy
Slavin

Shesty
Saros

Coaches:

Draisaitl
Landeskog
Lindholm
Point
Rantanen

Tanev
Miro Heiskanen
Fox

Andersen
Oettinger

NHLPA:

Pasta
Kaprizov
Stamkos
M. Tkachuk
Panarin

Ekblad
Seider
Carlson or Burns (prolly someone old)

Markstrom
Demko

That’s my draft without too much research; but again. Not every team is represented so that causes a huge issue for the NHL and NHLPA.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 12 h 34
EklundCelebriniSmith
Modifié 10 août 2022 à 12 h 40
Per Weekes-
“I can’t put a definitive timeline to them, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see at least 4 transactions with the
NYIslanders coming down the line.”

@andrewladd @db1899 (gotta @ people like Weekes obvi)

Lou bouta throw a grenade in the room and lock the door.
BuFfaLOFaN, AndrewLadd, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 12 h 43
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,435
Per Weekes-
“I can’t put a definitive timeline to them, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see at least 4 transactions with the

Chara extension
Greene extension
Dobson for some picks
Barzal for Santeri Hatakka
10 août 2022 à 12 h 46
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
Modifié 10 août 2022 à 12 h 55
nvm
yikes a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 12 h 48
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,091
Per Weekes-

andrewladd db1899 (gotta people like Weekes obvi)

Dobson, Romanov, Kadri signed. Bailey (more likely) or Beau trade. Rocket science.
AndrewLadd, yikes, capsfan2121 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
10 août 2022 à 12 h 49
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Per Weekes-

andrewladd db1899 (gotta people like Weekes obvi)

I’m scared guys
yikes, capsfan2121, justaBoss and 4 others a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage