SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

mhockey91 & Nick1988 going to war: Fleury becoming a backup again

19 mai 2017 à 13 h 2
Still a Leafs Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 661
Now that Fleury isn't starting does this mean he isn't worth a 1st anymore??? The more serious question is will there be a war between mhockey91 and Nick1988 over this. Find out in the comments
19 mai 2017 à 13 h 5
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 66
Let me add more fun/fuel to the fire. Will Tristan Jarry be a future stud giving the pens the ability to trade Murray
19 mai 2017 à 13 h 8
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
I have no idea why they're starting Murray.
19 mai 2017 à 13 h 13
Caps fan idk why
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,344
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

they are starting murray bc fluery is a complete headcase and they know he was just hot or lucky ....they dont have faith in him and thats exactly why hes not worth 1st or 2nd and will be bought out
19 mai 2017 à 13 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: Capitalfail67
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

they are starting murray bc fluery is a complete headcase and they know he was just hot or lucky ....they dont have faith in him and thats exactly why hes not worth 1st or 2nd and will be bought out

a 924 SVP in the playoffs is pretty impressive He has been over a 910 every year since 2010. He is still a starting goalie and I would rank him amongst top 20 forsure in the NHL. I can see Winnipeg making that move for him to give Hellenbuyk and Fleury splitting time
Blynasty a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2017 à 13 h 16
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 106
Fleury showed he is more than a capable goalie, suitable to handle the bulk majority of the season load, and playoff series. Murray has been better in pressure situations over the last 2 seasons, which is likely why we are seeing him tonight. It isn't a knock against Fleury as much as it is faith in Murray.
19 mai 2017 à 13 h 18
#LeafsFever
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 932
There was a great article written a number of years by Bill Simmons on the rules for being a true fan. In that article, he discusses that once your team wins a championship, a true fan base needs to be content with 5 years of misery and suffering in order to rebuild. Regardless of what happens this post season, the Pens have been truly fortunate winning the Stanley Cup in 2009 and 2016. One of these years, or maybe decades (LOL) they, will need a rebuild, even though they've done some marvelous retool on the fly, especially considering the lack of 1st round draft picks they've had the last number of years. What if they did decide to rebuild in the next couple of season? You would certainly want to do that with Matt Murray, no question.
19 mai 2017 à 13 h 26
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 106
Quoting: MG1986
There was a great article written a number of years by Bill Simmons on the rules for being a true fan. In that article, he discusses that once your team wins a championship, a true fan base needs to be content with 5 years of misery and suffering in order to rebuild. Regardless of what happens this post season, the Pens have been truly fortunate winning the Stanley Cup in 2009 and 2016. One of these years, or maybe decades (LOL) they, will need a rebuild, even though they've done some marvelous retool on the fly, especially considering the lack of 1st round draft picks they've had the last number of years. What if they did decide to rebuild in the next couple of season? You would certainly want to do that with Matt Murray, no question.

With 5 years of Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Kessel, and Maatta locked up, there will be no rebuild in "the next couple of seasons". Pittsburgh's success has come from consistency among the core of the team.
19 mai 2017 à 13 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: MG1986

prime example. Us leafs fans have dealt with the rebuild for awhile, but now we are seeing promising signs of a great future and I couldn't be more happier
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2017 à 13 h 27
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93

a 924 SVP in the playoffs is pretty impressive He has been over a 910 every year since 2010. He is still a starting goalie and I would rank him amongst top 20 forsure in the NHL. I can see Winnipeg making that move for him to give Hellenbuyk and Fleury splitting time

pretty impressive yet they arent starting him.......?
19 mai 2017 à 13 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Still a Leafs Fan

pretty impressive yet they arent starting him.......?

Like Blynasty said. Murray is a great goalie when they are under pressure. Let Fleury relax and get his act back.
Willian_Cardoso a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2017 à 13 h 30
Caps fan idk why
pens benefited from drafting 1st or second overall for 3 years straight then in the top 4 they immediate year after.....that helps speed a rebuild unless youre the oilers......esp when the picks are .....fluery malkin crosby staal
19 mai 2017 à 13 h 31
Caps fan idk why
real question is if murray plays bad or pens lose who starts the next game?
19 mai 2017 à 13 h 38
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,578
Modifié 19 mai 2017 à 13 h 45
I'm one of the biggest "haters" of the MAF trades ideas on this site. Whatever "hater" means anymore. Expansion Drafting has SOOO much more than just on the ice play. MAF has played pretty well overall in the playoffs. He's clearly played better competition than in the regular season and a 2.56 GAA with .924 is better and more realistic for what another team should expect. Certainly its better than his regular season. The goalie market is still REALLY soft and MAF's cap hit his way too high for his play even factoring in the playoffs. Where things get really interesting...Now that MAF has been pulled and everyone on here seems to this his play was pretty good so far. Do you think he'll waive his NMC??? I'd be pretty upset if I were him. So, whatever goodwill PIT thought they had with him is probably lost. I think buyout is more likely the option now.
19 mai 2017 à 13 h 54
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 128
real question is if murray plays bad or pens lose who starts the next game?

That's two different questions. If Murray plays bad AND the Pens lose, you go back to Fleury. Easy decision (see Tampa's series last year, when Fleury got the start and allowed 4). If you lose, but do so with Murray only allowing 1 or 2 goals, then it because a tougher question.
Willian_Cardoso a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2017 à 17 h 6
Let's go Pens!
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 382
Modifié 19 mai 2017 à 17 h 14
Murray is the future of Pens, there're no doubts about it (or at least it shouldn't be). Keep Fleury as a backup I think it'd be a mistake. It's time for him to move on. And Flames is the most reasonable place to him. I don't think he deserves a 1st round pick, cause he has a inconsistent career and have bad career numbers in playoffs. Besides, expasion draft will lower even more his value, cause MAF has a small market and Vegas knows Pens may have to buy out his contract, if any offer has come for him. This is possible, cause maybe Vegas don't want to pay almost 6M for 2 seasons and knows they can get him for lower salary as a FA.

I think all those scenarios are possible. As a Pens' fan, I hope we can get a good value in a trade for Fleury.
19 mai 2017 à 17 h 34
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Mentions "j'aime": 22,463

Three really big assumptions: 1. Fleury agrees to waive his NMC for Winnipeg. 2. If the trade is made, it's before the draft and good change Hellebuyck is claimed by Jets. 3. Especially this year, there are goalies available really cheap due to the expansion draft and others as UFAs (though not as good as Fleury).

We don't know who (if any) teams Fleury waives his NMC too. And those teams who might want MAF have to fit in under their cap, and know they risking their other goalie. Folks seem to trying to trade Fleury and his playing value when this year with the expansion draft, and Fleury's NMC really have priority values.
19 mai 2017 à 17 h 43
Quoting: palhal

Three really big assumptions: 1. Fleury agrees to waive his NMC for Winnipeg. 2. If the trade is made, it's before the draft and good change Hellebuyck is claimed by Jets. 3. Especially this year, there are goalies available really cheap due to the expansion draft and others as UFAs (though not as good as Fleury).

We don't know who (if any) teams Fleury waives his NMC too. And those teams who might want MAF have to fit in under their cap, and know they risking their other goalie. Folks seem to trying to trade Fleury and his playing value when this year with the expansion draft, and Fleury's NMC really have priority values.

Pens can retain 1.5-2 mil on Fleury. Will hurt us a little in the short run, but we'd have the same hit if we buy him out, but for 2 years longer.

A goalie of Fleury's caliber at 3.25 million is a steal. Any time that needs a goalie can fit that (you aren't going to get a proven starter for cheaper than that anyways). Flower would likely waive his NMC to play for virtually any team that will make him "the guy", at least for the rest of his contract.

So assuming Flower will waive his NMC, and the Pens will retain 2 mill, are you interested if you're Winnipeg? Calgary?
19 mai 2017 à 17 h 52
exo2769
Quoting: mtdavis311
Quoting: palhal

Pens can retain 1.5-2 mil on Fleury. Will hurt us a little in the short run, but we'd have the same hit if we buy him out, but for 2 years longer.

A goalie of Fleury's caliber at 3.25 million is a steal. Any time that needs a goalie can fit that (you aren't going to get a proven starter for cheaper than that anyways). Flower would likely waive his NMC to play for virtually any team that will make him "the guy", at least for the rest of his contract.

So assuming Flower will waive his NMC, and the Pens will retain 2 mill, are you interested if you're Winnipeg? Calgary?

Agreed with regards to being the #1, but he can do that and make more money by not waiving his NMC.
19 mai 2017 à 17 h 55
Quoting: exo2769
Quoting: mtdavis311

Agreed with regards to being the #1, but he can do that and make more money by not waiving his NMC.

True, but anyone who knows about Flower's personality knows that he isn't that kind of guy. He may shock all of us Pens fans, and I wouldn't blame him if he did, but I fully believe Flower will waive the NMC rather than put the team in a difficult spot chasing more $$. Could be wrong though, just have to wait and see.
19 mai 2017 à 18 h 3
exo2769
Very true mtdavis
20 févr. 2020 à 17 h 18
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
prime example. Us leafs fans have dealt with the rebuild for awhile, but now we are seeing promising signs of a great future and I couldn't be more happier

YAYAYA FORSURE BRO
Rodzikhockey93 et PrincessChloe a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage