Forums/Armchair-GM

Cap compliant and perhaps younger

Créé par: BestGMBenning
Équipe: 2022-23 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 3 août 2022
Publié: 3 août 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Nylander, Poehling, Puustinen, and POJ add their youth to the lineup. Smith and O’Connor comes in later in the season maybe depending on how the other players turn out and how POJ performs if becomes a solid two way defender and ready to take on a more bigger role in the top 4. May be quite the jump for him but he’s been solid in a top 4 role when paired with Marino so who knows how quickly he can develop to take on a top 4 role. Having Zucker and McGinn moved gives more opportunity for some of our prospects and gives us cap space to work with for trades throughout the season and at the deadline.
Transactions
PIT
    Sorry this keeps happening lol. There’s no other team I can think of
    ANA
    1. Zucker, Jason
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (PIT)
    PIT
    1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2024 (BOS)
    ARI
    1. McGinn, Brock
    2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (PIT)
    PIT
    1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (SEA)
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de SEA
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de FLA
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de BOS
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2582 500 000 $72 691 425 $0 $482 500 $9 808 575 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
    AD, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 6
    6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 2
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
    AD, C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AD, AG
    RFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
    DG
    UFA - 3
    2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
    DD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    825 000 $825 000 $
    DG
    RFA - 2
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 3
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    775 000 $775 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    3 août 2022 à 23 h 34
    Rejoint: avr. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 379
    Now that's how a cap dump trade should look (Anaheim trade). I see too many Pittsburgh ACGMs with Anaheim sending back a 2nd round pick...LOL. $5.5M is a lot to dump though so you should have to throw in a 3rd round pick or a prospect of interest as well (maybe Légaré).

It would be nice to dump Zucker's salary but Hextall highly values draft capital. It's hard seeing him send a 2nd round pick or more.

I think the move might be trading Joseph or Ruhwedel for a middle round pick after roster spots are won at training camp.
    4 août 2022 à 0 h 12
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: oct. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 480
    Quoting: Play_Party_Hard
    Now that's how a cap dump trade should look (Anaheim trade). I see too many Pittsburgh ACGMs with Anaheim sending back a 2nd round pick...LOL. $5.5M is a lot to dump though so you should have to throw in a 3rd round pick or a prospect of interest as well (maybe Légaré).

It would be nice to dump Zucker's salary but Hextall highly values draft capital. It's hard seeing him send a 2nd round pick or more.

I think the move might be trading Joseph or Ruhwedel for a middle round pick after roster spots are won at training camp.

Anaheim is a team in a rebuild mode and stated they are a team willing to eat cap space and take on cap dumps. It would be too much to send even more their way than a 2nd to dump Zucker. Marc Staal was getting paid more than Zucker and all it costed was a 2nd for the Rangers to dump him. Besides there could be some upside for Anaheim and maybe a weight off of Zucker. No pressure or too many expectations on him. Could help him find some productivity again.
    4 août 2022 à 0 h 51
    Rejoint: avr. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 379
    Quoting: BestGMBenning
    Anaheim is a team in a rebuild mode and stated they are a team willing to eat cap space and take on cap dumps. It would be too much to send even more their way than a 2nd to dump Zucker. Marc Staal was getting paid more than Zucker and all it costed was a 2nd for the Rangers to dump him. Besides there could be some upside for Anaheim and maybe a weight off of Zucker. No pressure or too many expectations on him. Could help him find some productivity again.

The Staal trade was in 2020, have to consider today's market.

They have now reached the cap floor with the Klingberg signing so even they still have a good amount of space, the NEED to acquire more cap is less. NYR dumped Patrik Nemeth ($2.5M) to Arizona and had to send a 2025 2nd round pick and a 2024 3rd round pick* (which could become a 2026 2nd round pick). Teams like Arizona and Anaheim are going to take advantage of teams that need to dump.
    4 août 2022 à 1 h 13
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Play_Party_Hard
    The Staal trade was in 2020, have to consider today's market.

They have now reached the cap floor with the Klingberg signing so even they still have a good amount of space, the NEED to acquire more cap is less. NYR dumped Patrik Nemeth ($2.5M) to Arizona and had to send a 2025 2nd round pick and a 2024 3rd round pick* (which could become a 2026 2nd round pick). Teams like Arizona and Anaheim are going to take advantage of teams that need to dump.

I think it costed that for the Rangers to dump Nemeth because he wasn’t really a good defencemen for the Rangers. He was a healthy scratch quite a bit and didn’t play a lot in the playoffs. And you can’t ignore the fact Arizona had traded to the Rangers a prospect drafted in the 3rd round of 2018. Because you don’t just dump a player paid $2.5M with a couple draft picks and not get a return. Especially with the calibre of a 2nd and 3rd or two seconds. And another thing you have to take in consideration is it’s $5.5M for one year. There’s not a whole lot of reason Anaheim should decline that. Especially being in a rebuild still. They have no long term plan for Klingberg and no long term plan for a few other players who have higher cap hits on the team.
    4 août 2022 à 2 h 11
    Future Ducks legend
    Rejoint: juin 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,418
    I think it costed that for the Rangers to dump Nemeth because he wasn’t really a good defencemen for the Rangers. He was a healthy scratch quite a bit and didn’t play a lot in the playoffs. And you can’t ignore the fact Arizona had traded to the Rangers a prospect drafted in the 3rd round of 2018. Because you don’t just dump a player paid $2.5M with a couple draft picks and not get a return. Especially with the calibre of a 2nd and 3rd or two seconds. And another thing you have to take in consideration is it’s $5.5M for one year. There’s not a whole lot of reason Anaheim should decline that. Especially being in a rebuild still. They have no long term plan for Klingberg and no long term plan for a few other players who have higher cap hits on the team.

Play party hard is right, cap space is at an ultra premium this season, as there are multiple teams who are millions over the cap and cant get compliant with a buyout or burying the guy in the AHL so trades have to happen. It doesn't matter if Zucker finds his groove in Anaheim or not, at the time of the trade, what matters is you are buying 5+ mil in cap space to try and let your very aged core get another run at the cup.

We're not selling cap space, we are selling hopes and dreams of a cup in 2023, isn't that worth a 2nd round pick?
    4 août 2022 à 2 h 11
    Future Ducks legend

Play party hard is right, cap space is at an ultra premium this season, as there are multiple teams who are millions over the cap and cant get compliant with a buyout or burying the guy in the AHL so trades have to happen. It doesn't matter if Zucker finds his groove in Anaheim or not, at the time of the trade, what matters is you are buying 5+ mil in cap space to try and let your very aged core get another run at the cup.

We're not selling cap space, we are selling hopes and dreams of a cup in 2023, isn't that worth a 2nd round pick?
    4 août 2022 à 3 h 14
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: GiggywithGibby

Your statement is a little over exaggerated. The teams that actually really desperately need the cap space is Edmonton, Florida, Philadelphia, and Toronto as they cannot make the moves to make the team both cap compliant and roster compliant. Pittsburgh is a team that can make some adjustments without making trades. So technically Pittsburgh doesn’t need to make a trade to become cap compliant. That’s why I believe the Pens would only have to trade a 2nd to give up Zucker. We don’t desperately need thay cap space, it would just be nice to have the extra cap space. As much as you’d want to say multiple teams are over the cap, you also can’t ignore the amount of teams that are steady with where they are at and don’t need to make any moves.
    4 août 2022 à 19 h 47
    Future Ducks legend
    Your statement is a little over exaggerated. The teams that actually really desperately need the cap space is Edmonton, Florida, Philadelphia, and Toronto as they cannot make the moves to make the team both cap compliant and roster compliant. Pittsburgh is a team that can make some adjustments without making trades. So technically Pittsburgh doesn’t need to make a trade to become cap compliant. That’s why I believe the Pens would only have to trade a 2nd to give up Zucker. We don’t desperately need thay cap space, it would just be nice to have the extra cap space. As much as you’d want to say multiple teams are over the cap, you also can’t ignore the amount of teams that are steady with where they are at and don’t need to make any moves.

I'e exagerated nothing, four teams is multiple teams, and many more want to move out an undrpoeforming contract or two to make a splashy free agent signing in the hopes of making it to the cup. Cap space is more valueable this year, so it costs more to move players. I personally think a 2nd would get it done, but it would habe to be a 2023 2nd or Verbeek tells Hextal to take his business elsewhere.

While the Pens may not "need" to cut Zucker loose, what would 5 million in cap buy that can help Crosby and the gang get over the hill? Your core isnt getting any younger, and father time will come for each of them soon, the options are pay to move out contracts or waste one of the few years they have left.
    4 août 2022 à 23 h 34
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: GiggywithGibby
    I'e exagerated nothing, four teams is multiple teams, and many more want to move out an undrpoeforming contract or two to make a splashy free agent signing in the hopes of making it to the cup. Cap space is more valueable this year, so it costs more to move players. I personally think a 2nd would get it done, but it would habe to be a 2023 2nd or Verbeek tells Hextal to take his business elsewhere.

While the Pens may not "need" to cut Zucker loose, what would 5 million in cap buy that can help Crosby and the gang get over the hill? Your core isnt getting any younger, and father time will come for each of them soon, the options are pay to move out contracts or waste one of the few years they have left.

I think I misunderstood a piece and I apologize for it. I thought you were saying Pittsburgh would have to pay more than a second to get rid of Zucker’s cap hit. Banking on Zucker to be healthy may be a bit much to expect from him due to him being injury prone for the past few years. The thing that prevents him from finding consistency is being injured.
    5 août 2022 à 1 h 6
    Future Ducks legend
    I think I misunderstood a piece and I apologize for it. I thought you were saying Pittsburgh would have to pay more than a second to get rid of Zucker’s cap hit. Banking on Zucker to be healthy may be a bit much to expect from him due to him being injury prone for the past few years. The thing that prevents him from finding consistency is being injured.

No worries mate, happens to all of us, I misread a post each week. I think second get it done, at least around this part of the summer. If we start knocking on the door of October the ask has likely gone up.
    BestGMBenning a aimé ceci.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage