SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Edmonton Oilers signed Kailer Yamamoto (2 Years / $3,100,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

3 août 2022 à 20 h 3
Kailer Yamamoto has signed a new contract with the Edmonton Oilers.
Contrat standard
Contrats comparablesCOMPARER CE CONTRAT
SIGNÉ PAR: Ken Holland
Durée: 2 ans
Valeur: 6 200 000 $
Statut à l’échéance du contrat: RFA (Arb)
% Cap Info-bulle: 3,76
Contrat signé avec: Logo de Oilers d'EdmontonOilers d'Edmonton
Date de signature: 3 août 2022
Source: CapFriendly

Kailer Yamamoto a signé un contrat de 2 ans d'une valeur de 6 200 000 $ avec les Oilers d'Edmonton, le 3 août 2022. Le contrat comporte un cap hit de 3 100 000 $.

SAISONClauseCap hitInfo-bulleAAV Info-bulleBonis de performanceInfo-bulleBonis de signatureInfo-bulleSalaire de baseInfo-bulleSalaire totalInfo-bulleSalaire mineuresInfo-bulle
2022-233 100 000 $3 100 000 $0 $300 000 $2 700 000 $3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
2023-243 100 000 $3 100 000 $0 $0 $3 200 000 $3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
TOTAL6 200 000 $6 200 000 $0 $300 000 $5 900 000 $6 200 000 $6 200 000 $
Offre qualificativeInfo-bulle: 3 200 000 $
Icône d'arbitrage demandé ARBITRAGE: Ce contrat a été signé suite à une demande de cas porté en arbitrage
RACHAT: Ce contrat a été racheté (Red Wings de Detroit - Jun 30, 2023)
3 août 2022 à 20 h 4
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 50
Solid bridge
Jrroisman a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 20 h 8
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,894
Very funny how this will be received vs the Puljujarvi deal. It's the Hell's kitchen Gordon Ramsey vs Masterchef kids Gordon Ramsey meme.
LeeW a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 20 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Modifié 3 août 2022 à 20 h 33
And with that Foegele is likely gone due to cap implications and the need to extend Mcleod
3 août 2022 à 20 h 36
Farewell
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Very good bridge deal (dare I say it...has Ken Holland actually done well this offseason?), but this probably means Foegele (or possibly Puljujarvi or Barrie) is on his way out due to the cap. The question is how much it will cost them to dump him (feels like a lot of teams have that problem right now).
mk458 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 20 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Very good bridge deal (dare I say it...has Ken Holland actually done well this offseason?), but this probably means Foegele (or possibly Puljujarvi or Barrie) is on his way out due to the cap. The question is how much it will cost them to dump him (feels like a lot of teams have that problem right now).

I feel Barrie's gonna be to hard to move considering there will be a few teams needing to move defenseman

Foegele is probs easier and you could probs get a 6th round pick for him or 4th liner making league min to 800k
3 août 2022 à 20 h 47
Farewell
Quoting: aadoyle
I feel Barrie's gonna be to hard to move considering there will be a few teams needing to move defenseman

Foegele is probs easier and you could probs get a 6th round pick for him or 4th liner making league min to 800k

I actually think Barrie would be easier to move given that he brings more to the market value (because of his slightly above-average offense for a blue-liner) than Foegele

I think Barrie could fetch a 4th rounder on the market, I can't see Foegele earning more than a 6th

DET (as you pointed out) needs to get rid of a forward, maybe they swap one for Barrie? (But I do think it'll be Foegele that EDM moves)
3 août 2022 à 20 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
I actually think Barrie would be easier to move given that he brings more to the market value (because of his slightly above-average offense for a blue-liner) than Foegele

I think Barrie could fetch a 4th rounder on the market, I can't see Foegele earning more than a 6th

DET (as you pointed out) needs to get rid of a forward, maybe they swap one for Barrie? (But I do think it'll be Foegele that EDM moves)

Issue is not many teams need Dman and the ones that do need a LD more so than a RD (SEA for instance) and there will be other teams needing to move Dman so that market will be to competitive to get Barrie out. Plus lets be real Barrie's numbers are exaggerated a bit mainly through being on a PP with Mcdavid and Draisaitl and teams probably know this and wont be thrilled about that

As we have seen so far moving a forward in a cap dump has been easier than a Dman

Like lets be real I dont think Barrie would give the same kind of production with Arizona than he would with Edmonton. And 4.5mill x 2 years in a flat cap is a tough pill to swallow for what he brings

But for Foegele 2.75mill is not only easier but also you wont have to give up much to move him heck might not to give anything to dump him. Could do a Foegele for Carcone kind of trade where one team gets the better player and the other moves out cap and gets a 4th line/pressbox guy
3 août 2022 à 20 h 56
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Good deal for what Yamamoto brings
Cbzblaze et Jrroisman a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 21 h 1
Farewell
Issue is not many teams need Dman and the ones that do need a LD more so than a RD (SEA for instance) and there will be other teams needing to move Dman so that market will be to competitive to get Barrie out. Plus lets be real Barrie's numbers are exaggerated a bit mainly through being on a PP with Mcdavid and Draisaitl and teams probably know this and wont be thrilled about that

As we have seen so far moving a forward in a cap dump has been easier than a Dman

Like lets be real I dont think Barrie would give the same kind of production with Arizona than he would with Edmonton. And 4.5mill x 2 years in a flat cap is a tough pill to swallow for what he brings

But for Foegele 2.75mill is not only easier but also you wont have to give up much to move him heck might not to give anything to dump him. Could do a Foegele for Carcone kind of trade where one team gets the better player and the other moves out cap and gets a 4th line/pressbox guy

Fair points, I forgot about Barrie's $4.5 million cap hit
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 21 h 26
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 728
Huge W signing.
3 août 2022 à 22 h 8
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 180
nice lil bridge, and he's still RFA when it expires. B+
3 août 2022 à 23 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 906
Kailer to his agent last week: "You better make sure I get more than JP!"

Tonight: "F bro I meant a LOT more!"
GiggywithGibby a aimé ceci.
4 août 2022 à 2 h 7
ButIActLikeIDid
Mentions "j'aime": 37
Can’t they run a full roster without trading anyone? I think they can with Klefbom and Smith on LTIR.
4 août 2022 à 2 h 52
Quoting: INeverPlayedHockey
Can’t they run a full roster without trading anyone? I think they can with Klefbom and Smith on LTIR.

They have about $300k if both are moved to LTIR with only 20 active players. Nothing requires them to put guys in the pressbox; and teams have gone with less than 23; but I'm not sure I've heard of a team attempting to play the whole season with only 20.
drambui a aimé ceci.
4 août 2022 à 5 h 35
Mentions "j'aime": 847
It's a good deal, in a vacuum. HOWEVER, with their cap troubles, they need to move money out and no team is going to help them do that for cheap.
4 août 2022 à 8 h 53
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
It's a good deal, in a vacuum. HOWEVER, with their cap troubles, they need to move money out and no team is going to help them do that for cheap.

You can play with 20 guys at times but as soon as you're going on the road it's a lot safer to have guys in the box.
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
4 août 2022 à 9 h 8
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 449

you will probably have to add to move Foegele, 3rd liner and he makes more actual cash than his cap hit. 2.9 this year and 3.25 next year, the teams with cap space want high cap hits with low cash payout.
4 août 2022 à 11 h 19
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
I still believe he has high offensive upside. 60 points next season is definitely possible. I think EDM has had a very successful summer. Their roster still has a couple deficiencies, but overall, they're in position to contend for the top spot in the Pacific and go on another deep playoff run. I give Ken Holland a solid B+.
4 août 2022 à 11 h 44
If they trade Puljujarvi then they still can only carry a 22 man roster as the math just doesn't work; even if McLeod takes $950k and Benson $825k.

Moving Barrie AND Puljujarvi could be part of a package that lands them a legit NHL top 4 defenseman, gives them room to sign McLeod to a longer term (at a higher AAV deal) and makes room for Holloway to play RW. Including JP lessens the need to add other "sweeteners" into the deal.

Turn the #1 PP over to Bouchard and the #2 PP to either Broberg, Nurse, or the newcomer.

Thinking Chicago with Connor Murphy or possibly Arizona with Jakob Chychrun. If they can't get a player of that caliber in return then dump Barrie/Puljujarvi for "futures" and then take someone else's RD; like LA with Sean Walker and their cap crunch.

Use their new buyout window to do so with Mike Smith and Oscar Klefbom.

The space created allows them to accrue cap space for the trade deadline and make an actual legit shot at a deeper playoff run.
4 août 2022 à 13 h 51
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 246
Did they just wait out Puljujarvi and make sure Yamamoto got a little more ?

Not sure who goes. Pulijujarvi is a good player, young, good underlying numbers, so no idea why it seems they want to push him out the door (He screams Nichuchskin vibes to me), but he would at least be easy to move. Barrie and Foegele are names that I have seen suggested as having to go, and normally I would think either player would move for a positive return, but the marketplace seems ground to a halt, so I can't imagine those are easy moves.

Barrie could fit as a PP1 specailist on a team who can shelter him on the bottom pair, but that's a specific fit, and I am not sure there is going to be enough teams with that specific need and the cap space to drive up the price, and could easily be a team like Seattle deciding they want something for taking him, or just wanting it to be a trade for "future considerations".

Foegele is a player that has started a lot of years hot, makes me think he's capable of being a 20+ goal grinder, but then you look back at the season at the end and feel like the offense dried up. He's the definition of a solid 3rd line player, but teams almost want those guys making next to nothing now, so I think he will be moveable as well, but I doubt it's for any real return.

Gonne be interesting to see the outcome of a bunch of teams needing to make trades with how little cap space is available out there.
gary_ et HockeyScotty a aimé ceci.
4 août 2022 à 17 h 34
Quoting: Danny12357

Foegele is a player that has started a lot of years hot, makes me think he's capable of being a 20+ goal grinder, but then you look back at the season at the end and feel like the offense dried up. He's the definition of a solid 3rd line player, but teams almost want those guys making next to nothing now, so I think he will be moveable as well, but I doubt it's for any real return.

I've thought this too. Him and McLeod were at times the most disruptive players in our playoff series (Avs fan); but then over half the game would go by and you forget about him.
5 août 2022 à 17 h 41
sen krak fan
Mentions "j'aime": 1,516
Bit of an overpay.
5 août 2022 à 23 h 3
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
Makes more per year then Jesse Puljurärvi 💀

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire