CBJ Lines w explanation in description

Créé par: Swain26
Équipe: 2022-23 Blue Jackets de Columbus
Date de création initiale: 3 août 2022
Publié: 3 août 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Forward Lines:
1. The wings on this line are pretty self explanatory as Gaudreau and Laine are our two best offensive weapons and should compliment each other. Jenner plays a physical game and showed he's a major asset in front of the net last season, as he lead the team in goals for the majority of the season up until he got injured. He was on pace for 60+ points before his injury and brings a similar play style to Tkachuk which worked very well with Gaudreau last season.
2.Texier was our best forward last season in the brief time he played once they moved him to the wing. The consensus seems to be that people want to bring back the Texier-Kuraly-Robinson line but i think he could be a real asset on this secondary scoring line. Roslovic made an arguement for himself to be a first line center last season but I think he fits better on this line. Voracek is the obvious choice for this line as he was our best playmaker before Gaudreau.
3. I was very tempted to do a kid line here but I think putting Gus on this line makes sense. Having a veteran presence on this line could do wonders for the confidence of Kent Johnson and hopefully help develop the offensive game of Sillinger.
4. This was the hardest line to put together for me. Part of me wanted to make this a true fourth line and put Robinson and Olivier on the wings of Kuraly (which i would love to see for rivalry games, specifically against the Pens), but I decided to put the Russians here because I really want to see what they can do and having a defensively responsible center like Kuraly on this line could really open up their offensive game.

Defensive Pairs:
1. This pair is pretty obvious to me as it worked well last season. Werenski is our best puck moving defenseman and Peeke has made strides in stepping into Savard's role as the teams best defensive defenseman and blocked shots like no other.
2. I decided to promote Blankenburg to the second line as he quickly became one of our smartest defenseman in the last 10 games of the season. Pair him with Boqvist who has shown glimpses of being an elite puck moving defenseman and I think this could be a great 2nd pair.
3. Gavrikov, in my unpopular opinion, was our worst defenseman last season. He seemed to get burnt a lot and was out of position more often than not. He did show some puck moving ability though which is why I paired him with Gudbranson, a big physical defenseman whose not afraid to block shots. Hopefully, we can have Gudbranson play the stay at home role on this line, opening up Gavrikov to take more offensive chances.

Goaltenders:
Not much to say here. Elvis is our starter but is on a short leash. I would expect Tarasov to give Korpisalo a run for the backup spot, or even compete with Elvis for first string.

Penalty Kill:
These lines could honestly include anyone, this is what I would do as someone who is not watching the team practice everyday.

Powerplay;
Similarly to the penalty kill I think you have a lot of options with the second unit. The first unit is pretty self explanatory but the second could include either of the russians or Sillinger.

Let me know what you think in the comments.
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CGY
Logo de CBJ
Logo de WPG
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $75 345 833 $0 $2 900 000 $7 154 167 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
9 750 000 $9 750 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 7
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 4
1 525 000 $1 525 000 $
AG, C, AD
RFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance925 000 $$925K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C
RFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
AD
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance700 000 $$700K)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 583 333 $9 583 333 $
DG
UFA - 6
787 500 $787 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
825 000 $825 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
DD
RFA - 3
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
2 333 333 $2 333 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
3 août 2022 à 16 h 0
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 387
Blankenburg+Boqvist=-50
Ajp_18 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 16 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 25
This is assuming no more trades are made and Jiricek stays in Czechia.
3 août 2022 à 16 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Konkarsson
Blankenburg+Boqvist=-50

If you watched Blankenburg play last season at all, you wouldve seen how high of a hockey IQ he has and his compete level. He was very impressive even if it was only 10 games.
3 août 2022 à 16 h 10
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
Forwards - they seem fine, but I can’t see Chinakov and Marchenko playing 4th line minutes all season, it would almost be better to play them 1st line in the AHL and letting players like Gaunce, Danforth, Robinson and Oliver play 4th line in the NHL and if a top 9 player gets hurt they get called up.

Defence - oh boy. Hot take on Gavrikov when the stats don’t stand up to it. Gavrikov is arguably the best defensive defenseman Columbus has. Blankenburg played 7 games, he was good, but not a top 4 RHD.

Werenski-Peeke
Gavrikov-Boqvist
Bean-Gudbranson
Blankenburg as the 7th D.

Just my thoughts on the lines this season.
dopplsan, Swain26 et Konkarsson a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 16 h 24
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,125
Definitely don't see how you can label Gavrikov as the worst defenseman out of a group that included Bayreuther, Kukan, Carlsson and to a lesser degree Boqvist, Bean and Peeke. I think it's fairly undeniable that he was the 2nd best dman on the team.
dopplsan, Ajp_18 et Hockey_Soul a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 16 h 24
Nah.
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,176
Quoting: Ajp_18
Jiricek is already signed, he likely plays in the AHL or CHL in NA unless he is NHL ready.

He can still be loaned out to the Czech league. NHL has an agreement with them, I believe. It's likely that or the AHL for him.

I liked the forward lines until I got to the 4th line. Send the Russians to Cleveland if they're only going to play 4th line minutes in the NHL - put Robinson and Danforth in their spots. Robinson in particular plays a great two-way game and shouldn't be a scratch, and he-Kuraly-Danforth/Texier were our best line last year. Not to mention, if you have almost $4M sitting on the bench between he and Bean, considering what we had to do to clear cap (RIP Bjorky), I'd be pretty livid as a fan.

I really wouldn't say Peeke played "well" last year on the top-line - he survived, and kind of turned into the best of a bunch of bad options. It's a role that is too much for him right now. Gavvy played very well last season, considering our D, on the whole, was awful; though, pairing him and Gudbranson could be an interesting experiment. I'm a fan of giving Blankey more playing time, I know the team and front office are very high on him, but I wouldn't thrust him into middle-pairing minutes just yet; but, I would love to be proven wrong.

Suffice to say, our D is a mess that is going to take a lot of figuring out. IMO, outside of Z and Gavvy as our 1-2 LD, every spot should be open.
Ajp_18 et Hockey_Soul a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 16 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Forwards - they seem fine, but I can’t see Chinakov and Marchenko playing 4th line minutes all season, it would almost be better to play them 1st line in the AHL and letting players like Gaunce, Danforth, Robinson and Oliver play 4th line in the NHL and if a top 9 player gets hurt they get called up.

Defence - oh boy. Hot take on Gavrikov when the stats don’t stand up to it. Gavrikov is arguably the best defensive defenseman Columbus has. Blankenburg played 7 games, he was good, but not a top 4 RHD.

Werenski-Peeke
Gavrikov-Boqvist
Bean-Gudbranson
Blankenburg as the 7th D.

Just my thoughts on the lines this season.

I think in the scenario in which Chinakhov and Marchenko play on the "4th line" it would be more of a 3a 3b scenario in terms of ice time. But i agree that it is more likely that some of the guys you mentioned will be on the fourth line this season. I respectfully disagree on your comment about Blankenburg not being a top 4 defenseman. Although he only played a few games last season his positioning was that of a veterans in my opinion and his stick was sensational. His size is a bit worrisome but he didnt seem to have any problem taking on bigger players last season. As far as my Gavrikov comment goes, I knew that would ruffle some feathers as he is a fan favorite. I dont like to buy into stats specifically the WAR stats but I also dont know too much about them. My assessment of Gavrikov was solely based off of watching his game last season and the thing that stood out most to me was his positioning which wasnt great. Lastly, I am still a bit skeptical that Bean will be playing next season due to his potential involvement in the Hockey Canada scandal but even if he does play I still think Blankenburg is the better player. Thanks for sharing your opinions! I love having friendly debates especially involving my hometown team.
3 août 2022 à 16 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: dk325
Definitely don't see how you can label Gavrikov as the worst defenseman out of a group that included Bayreuther, Kukan, Carlsson and to a lesser degree Boqvist, Bean and Peeke. I think it's fairly undeniable that he was the 2nd best dman on the team.

I wasnt really refering to Kukan or Carlsson as they didnt play much and were never meant as starting defenseman. Bayreuther in my opinion wasnt horrible, still wouldnt want him to be in our starting 6 but very rarely did I find myself swearing at the TV because of him. I wish I had specific clips of Gavrikov's play last season but my goal here isnt to **** on the guy just express my opinion.
3 août 2022 à 16 h 50
Quoting: Lstroupe
I think in the scenario in which Chinakhov and Marchenko play on the "4th line" it would be more of a 3a 3b scenario in terms of ice time. But i agree that it is more likely that some of the guys you mentioned will be on the fourth line this season. I respectfully disagree on your comment about Blankenburg not being a top 4 defenseman. Although he only played a few games last season his positioning was that of a veterans in my opinion and his stick was sensational. His size is a bit worrisome but he didnt seem to have any problem taking on bigger players last season. As far as my Gavrikov comment goes, I knew that would ruffle some feathers as he is a fan favorite. I dont like to buy into stats specifically the WAR stats but I also dont know too much about them. My assessment of Gavrikov was solely based off of watching his game last season and the thing that stood out most to me was his positioning which wasnt great. Lastly, I am still a bit skeptical that Bean will be playing next season due to his potential involvement in the Hockey Canada scandal but even if he does play I still think Blankenburg is the better player. Thanks for sharing your opinions! I love having friendly debates especially involving my hometown team.

Gavrikov is better then Boqvist, I wouldn’t complain too much about a Gavrikov-Balkenburg pair, actually that might not be too bad of a pair.

Boqvists xGA per 60 was 3.13 and Gavrikov was 3.06, Gavrikov Columbus’s d core sucked in the eye test but numbers do show that Gavrikov is better then what he showed last season.

Sorry, I just don’t trust the eye test without stats to back it up.
3 août 2022 à 16 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Gavrikov is better then Boqvist, I wouldn’t complain too much about a Gavrikov-Balkenburg pair, actually that might not be too bad of a pair.

Boqvists xGA per 60 was 3.13 and Gavrikov was 3.06, Gavrikov Columbus’s d core sucked in the eye test but numbers do show that Gavrikov is better then what he showed last season.

Sorry, I just don’t trust the eye test without stats to back it up.

I think thats where our philosophy's differ. Again ive never been a stat junky because I think you can interpret stats any way you want (although you can say the same for the eye test haha). And I would argue that Boqvist has a different role so its a bit unfair to compare the two. I think a better comparison would be Boqvist to Werenski. From the eye test, it seems that Gavrikov cant decide between being a defensive defenseman or a puck moving defenseman and its hurting his game.
3 août 2022 à 17 h 8
I think thats where our philosophy's differ. Again ive never been a stat junky because I think you can interpret stats any way you want (although you can say the same for the eye test haha). And I would argue that Boqvist has a different role so its a bit unfair to compare the two. I think a better comparison would be Boqvist to Werenski. From the eye test, it seems that Gavrikov cant decide between being a defensive defenseman or a puck moving defenseman and its hurting his game.

Eye test is too different and everyone sees things differently. I don’t put much into it unless there’s something to back it up. Like I could say that I think Werenski is the worst defenseman Columbus has as he skates around the zone like a chicken with his head cut off, but I have nothing to back it up. Blankenburg and Boqvist play the same role imo and you don’t want two offensive defenseman together, you’d want to split them up, not to mention bugger more physical forwards will crush them defensive.
3 août 2022 à 17 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: dopplsan
He can still be loaned out to the Czech league. NHL has an agreement with them, I believe. It's likely that or the AHL for him.

I liked the forward lines until I got to the 4th line. Send the Russians to Cleveland if they're only going to play 4th line minutes in the NHL - put Robinson and Danforth in their spots. Robinson in particular plays a great two-way game and shouldn't be a scratch, and he-Kuraly-Danforth/Texier were our best line last year. Not to mention, if you have almost $4M sitting on the bench between he and Bean, considering what we had to do to clear cap (RIP Bjorky), I'd be pretty livid as a fan.

I really wouldn't say Peeke played "well" last year on the top-line - he survived, and kind of turned into the best of a bunch of bad options. It's a role that is too much for him right now. Gavvy played very well last season, considering our D, on the whole, was awful; though, pairing him and Gudbranson could be an interesting experiment. I'm a fan of giving Blankey more playing time, I know the team and front office are very high on him, but I wouldn't thrust him into middle-pairing minutes just yet; but, I would love to be proven wrong.

Suffice to say, our D is a mess that is going to take a lot of figuring out. IMO, outside of Z and Gavvy as our 1-2 LD, every spot should be open.

My intent for the russians being on the "4th" was that it would be more of a 3a/3b situation in terms of ice time. In this scenario the expectation is that we have 4 scoring lines. I think having 4 million on the bench shouldnt be a factor in putting the lines together as I truly believe Jarmo got the best of what the market was offering to us. Lastly, I disagree that Gavrikov played very well but it seems like im one of very few people that believe that haha. I hope he proves me wrong this season as he seems to be an awesome locker room guy
3 août 2022 à 17 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Eye test is too different and everyone sees things differently. I don’t put much into it unless there’s something to back it up. Like I could say that I think Werenski is the worst defenseman Columbus has as he skates around the zone like a chicken with his head cut off, but I have nothing to back it up. Blankenburg and Boqvist play the same role imo and you don’t want two offensive defenseman together, you’d want to split them up, not to mention bugger more physical forwards will crush them defensive.

That is actually a good point i completely forgot Boqvist was a bit undersized as well. I dont think i agree that they play the same role though. Blankenburg does have offensive upside but i think he shines in his positioning and his stick placement on defense.
Ajp_18 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 17 h 22
That is actually a good point i completely forgot Boqvist was a bit undersized as well. I dont think i agree that they play the same role though. Blankenburg does have offensive upside but i think he shines in his positioning and his stick placement on defense.

Imo Blankenburg at best will be like Ryan Ellis, but he is also already 25 and might be close to his best. Boqvist will likely be a 2nd pair RHD who needs a good defensive partner.

But I agree that Gavrikov needs to go back to being the defensive d that got him in, vs playing the 2 way role, to be his best.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage