Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,976
Fiala 2021 and Bratt 2022
1. Fiala: Team filing: $4m, Player filing: $6.25m, (eventual deal: 1 year x $5.1 million)
2. Bratt: Team filing: $4.15m, Player filing: $6.5m, (eventual deal: 1 year x $5.45 million)
1. Cap situation is very different as Minnesota just bought out Parise and Suter. Devils have an estimate $20 million coming off books next year.
2. Minnesota was coming off a season where they had 3rd oldest lineup, Devils are coming off a season where they had youngest roster.
3. Bratt is a bit ahead of Fiala at similar points in their careers. Side-by-side below. But Bratt appears 2-years ahead of Fiala, so NJD should be more willing to make the long-term investment at an earlier point in their careers. Its just going to be more expensive next year.
If anything Minnesota's reluctance is more justified. NJD should have had more incentive to lock up Bratt and didn't.
Through D+4 season
Fiala: 140 GP, 35g, 30a, 65pts (0.46 ppg)
Bratt: 185 GP, 37g, 63a, 100pts (0.54 ppg)
Through D+5 season
Fiala: 223 GP, 48g, 56a, 104pts (0.47 ppg)
Bratt: 231 GP, 44g, 86a, 130pts (0.56 ppg)
Through D+6 season
Fiala: 287 GP, 71g, 87a, 158pts (0.55 ppg)
Bratt: 307 GP, 70g, 133a, 203pts (0.66 ppg)
Through D+7 season
Fiala: 337 GP, 91g, 107a, 198pts (0.59 ppg)
Bratt: [2022-23 season]
Through D+8 season
Fiala: 419 GP, 124g, 159a, 283pts (0.68 ppg)
Bratt [2023-24 season]