Saturday, August 20
Bronze Medal Game, 4 p.m. ET
Gold Medal Game, 8 p.m. ET
3 août 2022 à 8 h 54
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
USA! USA! USA!

They are restarting completely correct so first 2 games don't count from the shortened WJC?
3 août 2022 à 8 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
They are restarting completely correct so first 2 games don't count from the shortened WJC?

Correct. New rosters, fresh start.
3 août 2022 à 9 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Correct. New rosters, fresh start.

Speaking of which, here are the the links to the teams' rosters that I could find:

USA (not finalized, 2 more players left to be cut): https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2022/08/usa-hockey-trims-world-junior-roster.html

Canada (finalized): https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/hockey-canada-announces-roster-for-2022-world-junior-championship/

Sweden (preliminary roster, subject to change): https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2022/06/sweden-announces-preliminary-roster-for-2022-wjc.html

Finland (finalized): https://thehockeywriters.com/2022-world-junior-championship-finland-preview/

Czechia (finalized): https://thehockeywriters.com/2022-world-junior-championship-team-czechia-roster/

Slovakia (not finalized, 3 more players left to be cut): https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2022/07/slovakia-trims-world-junior-roster.html

Germany (finalized): https://thehockeywriters.com/2022-world-junior-championship-team-germany-final-roster/

Austria, Latvia, and Switzerland have not given any updates on their rosters (as far as I can tell).
3 août 2022 à 10 h 3
Red Deer Is Superior
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 87
I’m still enjoying the Hkinka tournament
3 août 2022 à 10 h 14
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,559
Oh canada… i think
3 août 2022 à 10 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Modifié 3 août 2022 à 11 h 14
Quoting: Zuki9797
Oh canada… i think

In all seriousness though, I feel bad for the current crop of Canadian Juniors-to be clear, NOT for Hockey Canada, not in the slightest, but for these current juniors. They're getting a chance to live a dream, but they're in a nightmarish situation (and quite possibly playing for a nightmarish organization).
zk97 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 15 h 56
NoMoreJustin
Mentions "j'aime": 103
I wish we were bringing a stronger roster than that
3 août 2022 à 16 h 13
NoMoreJustin
Wright, Fantilli, and Guenther would have been nice to see up front. Guhle and Clarke at the back also would have been a better fit
zk97 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 16 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Top 5 USA Players I'm Excited To See:

Matt Knies (LW)-Drafted by the Leafs in the 2nd round of '21, this kid is an absolute steal-he was a PPG player this past year for the U of Minnesota, and Jon Morosi pegged him as his breakout candidate for the USA this tournament. Can't wait to watch him absolutely light it up.

Logan Cooley (C)-I freaking love this guy, as I said earlier (picked 3 OA by the Coyotes in this past draft). Ridiculously skilled, incredibly smart, team-first player, and he seems like a really sweet, modest guy too (similar to Jack Campbell). IMO, he could wind up being the best player out of the '22 draft class when it's all said and done. Hope he tears the opposition to shreds.

Thomas Bordeleau (C)-He looked almost-NHL-ready in his brief stint with the Sharks towards the end of the season after scoring 25 pts in 37 games for the U of Michigan this past year. A 2nd round pick in 2020, SJS might have gotten a steal in this kid. Would love to see him have success in the tournament.

Luke Hughes (D)-I mean, how can you not love this kid? Incredible talent, great hands, solid defender, good puck mover, and terrific work ethic. He has a chance to be for the USA what Owen Power was for Canada in December before the tournament was shut down and subsequently rescheduled.

Kaidan Mbereko (G)-What a story. His father played in the World Cup of Rugby for Zimbabwe before immigrating to the USA, and now his son is likely going to be the starter for the latter country in the biggest tournament of his life to date. Like Jon Morosi, I thought the starter was going to be Braden Holt (yes, there actually is a goalie prospect named Braden Holt who has no relation to Braden Holtby whatsoever), but surprisingly, Holt did not make the team, which leaves the job as Mbereko's to lose. The biggest question for the Stars and Stripes is in net, so if Mbereko can hold down the fort well enough, the USA should be in good shape. Hope he succeeds.
aadoyle, yikes, LloydminsterLarry and 4 others a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 20 h 57
NoMoreJustin
Top 5 USA Players I'm Excited To See:

Matt Knies (LW)-Drafted by the Leafs in the 2nd round of '21, this kid is an absolute steal-he was a PPG player this past year for the U of Minnesota, and Jon Morosi pegged him as his breakout candidate for the USA this tournament. Can't wait to watch him absolutely light it up.

Logan Cooley (C)-I freaking love this guy, as I said earlier (picked 3 OA by the Coyotes in this past draft). Ridiculously skilled, incredibly smart, team-first player, and he seems like a really sweet, modest guy too (similar to Jack Campbell). IMO, he could wind up being the best player out of the '22 draft class when it's all said and done. Hope he tears the opposition to shreds.

Thomas Bordeleau (C)-He looked almost-NHL-ready in his brief stint with the Sharks towards the end of the season after scoring 25 pts in 37 games for the U of Michigan this past year. A 2nd round pick in 2020, SJS might have gotten a steal in this kid. Would love to see him have success in the tournament.

Luke Hughes (D)-I mean, how can you not love this kid? Incredible talent, great hands, solid defender, good puck mover, and terrific work ethic. He has a chance to be for the USA what Owen Power was for Canada in December before the tournament was shut down and subsequently rescheduled.

Kaidan Mbereko (G)-What a story. His father played in the World Cup of Rugby for Zimbabwe before immigrating to the USA, and now his son is likely going to be the starter for the latter country in the biggest tournament of his life to date. Like Jon Morosi, I thought the starter was going to be Braden Holt (yes, there actually is a goalie prospect named Braden Holt who has no relation to Braden Holtby whatsoever), but surprisingly, Holt did not make the team, which leaves the job as Mbereko's to lose. The biggest question for the Stars and Stripes is in net, so if Mbereko can hold down the fort well enough, the USA should be in good shape. Hope he succeeds.

Leafs fans sure have put a lot of faith in Knies
zk97 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 21 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Quoting: LloydminsterLarry

I hate the Leafs and hope they never win anything, but unfortunately, I feel like Knies is one of those players that they'll be making montages of entitled "Every player drafted before Matthew Knies", etc.

Seems like Dubas hit the jackpot with that pick
zk97 et yikes a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 21 h 25
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817

Rent free.

Lol yeah I don’t cheer for the leafs one bit - but Knies/Bords/Coronato could win the tournament for the US imo paired with their depth and defence. That line could be “good enough” to offensively power the US and survive the “No Bedard” factor. It’s such an ideal line if it works out a big bodied talent, high iq Center, and a lethal shooter.

We def got better goalies in the Canadian goal but I really like the US defence too.

To be clear I don’t think the US will make it quite far this year tbh but they could easily prove us wrong with their top 6 and d core.
3 août 2022 à 21 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Modifié 3 août 2022 à 21 h 42
Quoting: yikes
To be clear I don’t think the US will make it quite far this year tbh but they could easily prove us wrong with their top 6 and d core.

SILENCE, NON-BELIEVER!!! smile

Like you said, Canada definitely has the advantage in net, but I think the USA has the best forward group (in terms of depth) and the best D core in the tournament (and don't forget-no Wright, no Perfetti, no Neighbours, no Power, no Guhle, and many others for Canada). If Mbereko can post a .910 SV% in net, I think the USA has a real shot at gold.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 21 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,878
Quoting: yikes
Rent free.

Lol yeah I don’t cheer for the leafs one bit - but Knies/Bords/Coronato could win the tournament for the US imo paired with their depth and defence. That line could be “good enough” to offensively power the US and survive the “No Bedard” factor. It’s such an ideal line if it works out a big bodied talent, high iq Center, and a lethal shooter.

We def got better goalies in the Canadian goal but I really like the US defence too.

Wonder who on team Canada will be in charge of trying to clear our Knies from infront of the net as man that frame makes it very difficult like nobody on the development camp could

My guess is Gauncher but who knows
4 août 2022 à 11 h 18
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
I completely forgot about the world junior rescheduling.

Go Canada!

I hate that there’s never any leads prospects on team Canada. I hope Fraser Mintin makes the 2023 team.
4 août 2022 à 11 h 28
NoMoreJustin
Quoting: Saskleaf

Go Canada!

I hate that there’s never any leads prospects on team Canada. I hope Fraser Mintin makes the 2023 team.

Leafs don’t draft many Canadians
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 août 2022 à 11 h 50
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Quoting: Saskleaf

Go USA!

W
4 août 2022 à 14 h 15
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
Quoting: Devil
W

L

Leafs don’t draft many Canadians

I know, I wish they would draft more so I can cheer for both leafs players and team Canada.
LloydminsterLarry et zk97 a aimé ceci.
4 août 2022 à 19 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Modifié 4 août 2022 à 19 h 15. Raison: Guhle is injured
Canada has announced that their captain will be McTavish, while the alternates will be Kent Johnson and Donovan Sebrango. (Their captain originally was Guhle, who's now injured, the alternates were Neighbours and Perfetti, who both opted not to play in the tournament [trying to crack the NHL rosters of the Blues and Jets, respectively].)
zk97 a aimé ceci.
4 août 2022 à 19 h 11
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,559
Canada has announced that their captain will be McTavish, while the alternates will be Kent Johnson and Donovan Sebrango. (Their captain originally was Guhle, who was inexplicably not named to the roster this time around, the alternates were Neighbours and Perfetti, who both opted not to play in the tournament [trying to crack the NHL rosters of the Blues and Jets, respectively].)

i'd assume guhle wasn't on the roster this year because he's trying to make the canadiens roster, he was one of the last cuts last year
looks like its a whole new leadership team, should hopefully work out
4 août 2022 à 19 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Quoting: Zuki9797
i'd assume guhle wasn't on the roster this year because he's trying to make the canadiens roster, he was one of the last cuts last year
looks like its a whole new leadership team, should hopefully work out

I just Googled it and found out-he's injured: "But defenceman Kaiden Guhle, who was team captain before COVID halted play in December, won't play because he's recovering from an injury." -Montreal Gazette

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/canadiens-prospects-roy-kidney-added-to-canadas-world-juniors-team
zk97 a aimé ceci.
4 août 2022 à 20 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Farewell

5 août 2022 à 13 h 22
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817
Great for a guy who was cut twice due to things out of his control (COVID and Tracing). I hope he has a 10/10 tourney - he's finally made it.

5 août 2022 à 13 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
USA captain will be Brock Faber (MIN), alternates will be Landon Slaggert (CHI) and Thomas Bordeleau (SJS).
zk97 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage