Forums/Armchair-GM

Nazty

Créé par: ForsbergForVezina
Équipe: 2022-23 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 2 août 2022
Publié: 2 août 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Kadri seems like a pretty done deal, whether we like it or not. I’m choosing to be optimistic about the whole thing; Kadri, even when he regresses to the mean I think is an upgrade on Bailey for the next two seasons and he will likely still be playing with pretty quality linemates in Nelson and Palmieri (in this scenario). After that, I start to worry but if we win a Cup by 2024, it’s a risk I’ll take all day long.

There is a chance, of course, he’s the next Loui Eriksson and this whole thing massively blows up in our face from the word Go but I have feeling that’s not going to happen, at least right away.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
34 700 000 $
23 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
57 000 000 $
Transactions
NYI
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2024 (ANA)
ANA
  1. Bailey, Josh
  2. Bellows, Kieffer [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
Not really sure how we move off Bailey at this point, but it seems like signing Kadri is contingent on moving him. I’m sure we’ll find a way
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de ANA
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $82 314 963 $245 796 $1 287 500 $185 037 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 4
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C
UFA - 7
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
AG
UFA - 1
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C
UFA - 5
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 7
6 150 000 $6 150 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
4 700 000 $4 700 000 $
DD
RFA - 3
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG
UFA - 4
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 août 2022 à 10 h 59
Yegor bomb
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 942
Feel like dumping Bailey will cost more than Bellows... You probs have to offer up a 2nd/3rd to get him off the books since its 2 years not just 1
2 août 2022 à 11 h 1
1GarthSnowFan
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,799
Quoting: Civil_Eng_PE
Feel like dumping Bailey will cost more than Bellows... You probs have to offer up a 2nd/3rd to get him off the books since its 2 years not just 1

I don’t think moving Bailey should cost anything but this market is ****ed. I’d rather deal with bailey for two years tho then have Kadri for 5.
Civil_Eng_PE a aimé ceci.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 1
Yegor bomb
Quoting: Isles5513
I don’t think moving Bailey should cost anything but this market is ****ed. I’d rather deal with bailey for two years tho then have Kadri for 5.

oh I agree, any contract you guys give Kadri lock you guys into a win in the next 2 years or you are screwed.
Not_Isles5513 a aimé ceci.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 3
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,933
If the Flyers couldnt dump JVR without a first, thats the starting point to dump Bailey

then its a matter of 7M/1 vs 5M/2 and I think the 5M/2 is harder to dump
Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 4
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: Salzy
If the Flyers couldnt dump JVR without a first, thats the starting point to dump Bailey

You are probably right but god only knows. It all depends on ur cap situation and GM I think. I don’t think Lou is the type of guy who would pay to dump Josh Bailey.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 7
1GarthSnowFan
oh I agree, any contract you guys give Kadri lock you guys into a win in the next 2 years or you are screwed.

Let’s put it this way. There are writers out there who insist Josh Anderson has value but James Van Reimsdyk and Josh Bailey don’t. I don’t think anyone knows what the **** they r talking about rn.

Line with JVR I get why moving his cap hit would be difficult cause of his high AAV. With Bailey I’m a little less certain cause Bailey has had decent playoff production as recently as the 2020-2021 season. I think it’s very hard to evaluate guys playing in Trotz’s system because it sucks the life out of both teams on the ice lmao.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 11
Yegor bomb
Let’s put it this way. There are writers out there who insist Josh Anderson has value but James Van Reimsdyk and Josh Bailey don’t. I don’t think anyone knows what the **** they r talking about rn.

Line with JVR I get why moving his cap hit would be difficult cause of his high AAV. With Bailey I’m a little less certain cause Bailey has had decent playoff production as recently as the 2020-2021 season. I think it’s very hard to evaluate guys playing in Trotz’s system because it sucks the life out of both teams on the ice lmao.

yeah, I also have no idea just opinions. Gus for us was rumored to cost a 1st to move and he's at 5.5 mil AAV just for this year and had decent production last season and played every game, so we had to part ways with Bjorkstrand instead for pretty much nothing kind of like how Patches for Vegas was given out for free. The closer we get to the start of the season the more cap trades are going to go down and I have no idea what is going to happen. Jarmo will either looks like a god or an idiot for how he traded away Bjorky once these other trades go down.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 14
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,373

Dude, Anderson has crazy high value. Just look any any Habs acgm for proof. Lol.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 15
1GarthSnowFan
yeah, I also have no idea just opinions. Gus for us was rumored to cost a 1st to move and he's at 5.5 mil AAV just for this year and had decent production last season and played every game, so we had to part ways with Bjorkstrand instead for pretty much nothing kind of like how Patches for Vegas was given out for free. The closer we get to the start of the season the more cap trades are going to go down and I have no idea what is going to happen. Jarmo will either looks like a god or an idiot for how he traded away Bjorky once these other trades go down.

I don’t even c how that’s possible. Nyqvist is expiring and he’s a good player. If GM’s r really asking for an asset to take him they r delusional.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 16
1GarthSnowFan

Quoting: Anus_McLeod
Dude, Anderson has crazy high value. Just look any any Habs acgm for proof. Lol.

Here’s what I could see happening.

Bailey gets dealt to Anaheim for John Moore and a 3rd.
This would be somewhat similar to the Leddy for Panik and a second deal. If NY happened to immediately deal the 3rd to dump Moore and Panik that’s Lou’s business lol.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 18
Yegor bomb
I don’t even c how that’s possible. Nyqvist is expiring and he’s a good player. If GM’s r really asking for an asset to take him they r delusional.

I guess in a world where you are over the cap and only 2-3 teams can take on cap from other teams they can write the terms and you either have to pay them or make tough decisions. Philly decided to keep their 1st round pick instead of dump JVR and sign Gaudreau. Just crazy times and its going to last through next off season too since the cap wont go up til 2024.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 19
1GarthSnowFan
I guess in a world where you are over the cap and only 2-3 teams can take on cap from other teams they can write the terms and you either have to pay them or make tough decisions. Philly decided to keep their 1st round pick instead of dump JVR and sign Gaudreau. Just crazy times and its going to last through next off season too since the cap wont go up til 2024.

I have to think these reports r exaggerated. There’s five or six teams who could have taken on Nyqvist at least. Why wouldn’t have Chicago taken him for nothing? Better than signing Domi and Athanasiou!!!
2 août 2022 à 11 h 23
Démarrer sujet
CHI NYI
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,253

This is honestly a really good point lol. Maybe it’s part of the reason why Anderson hasn’t been moved
2 août 2022 à 11 h 23
Yegor bomb
I have to think these reports r exaggerated. There’s five or six teams who could have taken on Nyqvist at least. Why wouldn’t have Chicago taken him for nothing? Better than signing Domi and Athanasiou!!!

literally no idea, and these insider reports (like the 1st to dump gus) are probs all speculation anyways so who knows. Maybe its an idea of bottom feeding teams don't want to get better cause the 2023 draft class is crazy so taking on a "cap dump" that could make them better costs more in that regard cause they wont be competing anyways.
Not_Isles5513 et Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 26
1GarthSnowFan
literally no idea, and these insider reports (like the 1st to dump gus) are probs all speculation anyways so who knows. Maybe its an idea of bottom feeding teams don't want to get better cause the 2023 draft class is crazy so taking on a "cap dump" that could make them better costs more in that regard cause they wont be competing anyways.

Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
This is honestly a really good point lol. Maybe it’s part of the reason why Anderson hasn’t been moved

I think everyone is just embarrassed that they r gonna have to give up picks to get players who aren’t Bjorkstrand or Pacioretty. There isn’t just a shortage of cap space in this league. There is a shortage of talent. And eventually someone will pay for it.

There r cap dumps and then there r veterans on middling contracts who can provide value. There is a significant difference between the two.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 29
Démarrer sujet
CHI NYI

Personally, Id rather have an NHL player in Kieffer Bellows than a draft pick that isn’t a 1st, but I agree that Bailey is probably going to be challenging to dump at this point. Earlier in the offseason might have been different but teams have their rosters pretty much set now and Bailey is a big contract to take on. I’m not sure how it happens, but Pagnotta said that that was the piece they’ve been looking to move.

Beauvillier you probably don’t have to pay to get rid of but you’d also much rather keep him. Not sure that frees up enough space for Naz either
2 août 2022 à 11 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 690
With Bailey I’m a little less certain cause Bailey has had decent playoff production as recently as the 2020-2021 season.

Unfortunately the teams that could take Bailey... whether that is ANA, ARI, CHI, etc... don't care two craps about what Bailey could do in the playoffs because none of them will make the playoffs. The only thing these teams care about is the two years of term on his contract.

What a crazy, never seen before off season is all I can say.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 30
1GarthSnowFan
Personally, Id rather have an NHL player in Kieffer Bellows than a draft pick that isn’t a 1st, but I agree that Bailey is probably going to be challenging to dump at this point. Earlier in the offseason might have been different but teams have their rosters pretty much set now and Bailey is a big contract to take on. I’m not sure how it happens, but Pagnotta said that that was the piece they’ve been looking to move.

Beauvillier you probably don’t have to pay to get rid of but you’d also much rather keep him. Not sure that frees up enough space for Naz either

I think the more realistic outcome in that scenario is that Beauvillier and Bailey get traded as a duo.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 32
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: CHAR
Unfortunately the teams that could take Bailey... whether that is ANA, ARI, CHI, etc... don't care two craps about what Bailey could do in the playoffs because none of them will make the playoffs. The only thing these teams care about is the two years of term on his contract.

I agree. I don’t think most of us view these guys as cap dumps tho. I’m assuming that if Lou would pay to dump Bailey he would’ve done it before free agency tho. That’s what he did with Ladd.

I’m telling y’all that I don’t think Bailey gets dumped by Lou. That isn’t an opinion based on this off season. That’s just my opinion of Lou. He def would undervalue a young superstar d man like Toews. But do you really think he would undervalue a veteran forward?!?!?! He loves those!!!
ForsbergForVezina a aimé ceci.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 33
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: CHAR

Bailey is a veteran. Lou likes veterans. Therefore in Lou’s mind Bailey must have value 😂😂😂
2 août 2022 à 11 h 37
Démarrer sujet
CHI NYI
I think the more realistic outcome in that scenario is that Beauvillier and Bailey get traded as a duo.

Who’s got $9.15 million in cap space to spare for two middle six forwards though?

That could be a good option for us since we’re guaranteed to be getting a roster player (another defenseman?) back to offset some salary but I just don’t see the incentive for another team to do that
2 août 2022 à 11 h 38
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051

I don't know that it's so much "they don't want to get better" as it is "There's 5-10ish teams that recognize that they aren't playoff teams. There's 10 (I think?) teams that are currently over the cap. A few of those teams are fine with LTIR. When it comes to the teams with cap:
-Buffalo made their cap floor move by picking up Bishop to never play for them.
-Arizona likely doesn't have any interest in being more than a floor team as well, given that they're going to have no money.
-Dallas, Calgary, and the Isles basically have that money spent on their own RFA's at this point (unless you can bridge Dobson?).
The Ducks *Should* be willing to take on a dump, but given that they're one of 2-3 teams with the cap space to do it, and they're now over the floor, there's really no reason to do it without being very well compensated to do so.
-Detroit has around $9 mil, but they're going to spend a lot next offseason...maybe they'd take a 1 year hit or something? I don't know...they just seem like a team that is going to want to take the next step soon.
-NJ has some space, but a decent chunk of that will go to Bratt/Wood.
-Ottawa spending to the cap would be more shocking than them acquring Dubcat.
-Winnipeg has Appleton to sign and should still have a bit of room.

Basically, I see Anaheim, Winnipeg (maybe), and Detroit as being the only 3 teams that would take on a dump, which really, really *should* make it expensive to dump.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 690
Maybe its an idea of bottom feeding teams don't want to get better cause the 2023 draft class is crazy so taking on a "cap dump" that could make them better costs more in that regard cause they wont be competing anyways.

Sure, there are probably some teams that literally don't want to get better to hinder their draft position, but in other cases I think it's more a question of roster spots and ice time. Anaheim is in the latter group IMO. Look at the trade proposed here with Bailey and Bellows, that's two forwards Anaheim would have to shoe horn into their lineup. Where do these guys play and more importantly who else doesn't play because of it. The whole reason the Isles are willing to part with Bellows is that he doesn't have a roster spot. Well, Anaheim would have that same problem.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 39
1GarthSnowFan
Who’s got $9.15 million in cap space to spare for two middle six forwards though?

That could be a good option for us since we’re guaranteed to be getting a roster player (another defenseman?) back to offset some salary but I just don’t see the incentive for another team to do that

Anaheim.
2 août 2022 à 11 h 40
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: Lenny7
I don't know that it's so much "they don't want to get better" as it is "There's 5-10ish teams that recognize that they aren't playoff teams. There's 10 (I think?) teams that are currently over the cap. A few of those teams are fine with LTIR. When it comes to the teams with cap:
-Buffalo made their cap floor move by picking up Bishop to never play for them.
-Arizona likely doesn't have any interest in being more than a floor team as well, given that they're going to have no money.
-Dallas, Calgary, and the Isles basically have that money spent on their own RFA's at this point (unless you can bridge Dobson?).
The Ducks *Should* be willing to take on a dump, but given that they're one of 2-3 teams with the cap space to do it, and they're now over the floor, there's really no reason to do it without being very well compensated to do so.
-Detroit has around $9 mil, but they're going to spend a lot next offseason...maybe they'd take a 1 year hit or something? I don't know...they just seem like a team that is going to want to take the next step soon.
-NJ has some space, but a decent chunk of that will go to Bratt/Wood.
-Ottawa spending to the cap would be more shocking than them acquring Dubcat.
-Winnipeg has Appleton to sign and should still have a bit of room.

Basically, I see Anaheim, Winnipeg (maybe), and Detroit as being the only 3 teams that would take on a dump, which really, really *should* make it expensive to dump.

Buffalo has too many forwards. Could be a three way deal tho.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage