Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $83 791 248 $610 892 $1 095 000 $-291 248 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 7
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 3
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 6
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance450 000 $$450K)
AG
RFA - 3
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 4
828 333 $828 333 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AG
RFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
C
UFA
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 2
838 333 $838 333 $ (Bonis de performance80 000 $$80K)
AG, AD
RFA - 3
762 500 $762 500 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 3
828 333 $828 333 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
G
RFA - 2
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 1
Logo de Stars de Dallas
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
31 juill. 2022 à 10 h 47
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 164
I don't know who you are but I hope the Rangers hire you
Billy739 et Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
31 juill. 2022 à 10 h 47
Hide yo girl
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,131
Nobody’s touching that Goodrow contract with a ten foot pole
Billy739 et Knuckl3s a aimé ceci.
31 juill. 2022 à 11 h 58
Billy739
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,629
Quoting: MP55
Nobody’s touching that Goodrow contract with a ten foot pole

MTL would for the right price
If we could move Evans and Armia in a Bundle for Goodrow ,Lundqvist and a pick or two

Dont sign Chytil away as Evans is a better 3rd line option anyways
NYR will still have like 2.5-3m cap left to sign a 23/23 man roster opposed to the 22/23 man roster they have now.
Armia would be way easier to move then Goodrow but i think will fit in great in NYR as he's the guy we always have the rookies play with

Why would MTL do it ?
Goodrow isnt any extra cap just term
Focus on the fact we bought ourselves a couple years and cleared a roster/contract spot
That said if i had a bunch of young players especially skilled ones like Slavkovsky,Suzuki, Caufield, Ghule, ext
Having a guy like Goodrow around to help Pezzetta allows Anderson to focus more on Hockey less on Protector role

Plus for some reason i see a line with Goodrow-Gally being hard to deal with for opponents
31 juill. 2022 à 12 h 12
Hide yo girl
Quoting: Billy739
MTL would for the right price
If we could move Evans and Armia in a Bundle for Goodrow ,Lundqvist and a pick or two

Dont sign Chytil away as Evans is a better 3rd line option anyways
NYR will still have like 2.5-3m cap left to sign a 23/23 man roster opposed to the 22/23 man roster they have now.
Armia would be way easier to move then Goodrow but i think will fit in great in NYR as he's the guy we always have the rookies play with

Why would MTL do it ?
Goodrow isnt any extra cap just term
Focus on the fact we bought ourselves a couple years and cleared a roster/contract spot
That said if i had a bunch of young players especially skilled ones like Slavkovsky,Suzuki, Caufield, Ghule, ext
Having a guy like Goodrow around to help Pezzetta allows Anderson to focus more on Hockey less on Protector role

Plus for some reason i see a line with Goodrow-Gally being hard to deal with for opponents

Kent Hughes wants the long term cap cleared. You saw what he did with the Weber trade. What’s the point of essentially taking Joel Armia and adding two more years to his contract? We don’t clear any roster spots, it’s two contracts in, two contracts out. What exactly did we buy here? There’s no benefit for taking on an equally crap contract for 2 extra years. We just muddied our cap for the years when we’re supposed to be contending (after 2-3 years when the books are essentially clear). Finding an enforcer on the free agent market is a lot cheaper than $3.6 mil. Anderson’s not gonna magically stop being physical just cause there’s other physical guys on the team. He’s a physical player and that’s a part of his game. This trade doesn’t clear any cap in the short run and gives us another long term contract we’re eventually gonna have to dump. No deal.
Billy739 a aimé ceci.
31 juill. 2022 à 12 h 32
Billy739
Kent Hughes wants the long term cap cleared. You saw what he did with the Weber trade. What’s the point of essentially taking Joel Armia and adding two more years to his contract? We don’t clear any roster spots, it’s two contracts in, two contracts out. What exactly did we buy here? There’s no benefit for taking on an equally crap contract for 2 extra years. We just muddied our cap for the years when we’re supposed to be contending (after 2-3 years when the books are essentially clear). Finding an enforcer on the free agent market is a lot cheaper than $3.6 mil. Anderson’s not gonna magically stop being physical just cause there’s other physical guys on the team. He’s a physical player and that’s a part of his game. This trade doesn’t clear any cap in the short run and gives us another long term contract we’re eventually gonna have to dump. No deal.

He wanted MB contracts and players gone so he could bring in his own
If you want to quantify that as a rule on never have cap or term i guess that's a choice lol
I watch every interview and what he says is he doesnt plan on being active in Free Agency THIS YEAR
Every time i hear that question its always "This Year" where as Bergavin just said yes or no leaving room to speculate.

Lunqvist is Waiver Exempt for 2 more years
Our AHL has literally no RD with Ghule, Xhekaj ,Norlinder among others there for LD if they dont make MTL's squad.
Makes more sense to play big minutes in AHL while we raise value on Veterans to sell them off
While it is Contract in and out its 2 NHL deals for an AHL and an NHL deal opening up more icetime for our current rosters players

Goodrow is only making 3.6m slightly more then Armia with better production
Now in a system like MTL that rolles 4 lines and doesnt play match up hockey i think Goodrow will earn his money personally
Its like Markus Foligno EVERYONE on here tried to trade him as a cap dump their Karprizov came along
Foligno hit another level and now i cant pry him away from Minnisota fans these days

You're focusing on 1 very small cog in the big picture
You got to take a step back and take a look at the value it adds by proxy especially to others we're trying to sell off
Goodrow creates room by proxy as when he's on the ice all eyes are on him for fear of getting hit hard
That's perfect for a Gallagher type who needs just a step advantage to get by you

Short term it allows us a chance to sell off our remaining Contracts left by MB outside Gally who jumped on Hughes band wagon day 1 and seems to be good with him.
1 by 1 they'll likely all fall and this just speeds up the process while again getting a D that NYR brought up too early that can still be the missing piece we need in our depth pools RD.They didnt play him enough and we wont make the same mistakes giving him the chance to own #1 RD in Laval beside Ghule then jump to the NHL together the next season in Camp

P.s
I just noticed after i hit enter
My Point about Anderson isnt about being Physical
Its about losing or tying but never winning any fights he's in
Plus he busted up his hand already in a meaningless fight
Wouldnt you much rather that be Goodrow?
31 juill. 2022 à 13 h 2
Hide yo girl
He wanted MB contracts and players gone so he could bring in his own
If you want to quantify that as a rule on never have cap or term i guess that's a choice lol
I watch every interview and what he says is he doesnt plan on being active in Free Agency THIS YEAR
Every time i hear that question its always "This Year" where as Bergavin just said yes or no leaving room to speculate.

Lunqvist is Waiver Exempt for 2 more years
Our AHL has literally no RD with Ghule, Xhekaj ,Norlinder among others there for LD if they dont make MTL's squad.
Makes more sense to play big minutes in AHL while we raise value on Veterans to sell them off
While it is Contract in and out its 2 NHL deals for an AHL and an NHL deal opening up more icetime for our current rosters players

Goodrow is only making 3.6m slightly more then Armia with better production
Now in a system like MTL that rolles 4 lines and doesnt play match up hockey i think Goodrow will earn his money personally
Its like Markus Foligno EVERYONE on here tried to trade him as a cap dump their Karprizov came along
Foligno hit another level and now i cant pry him away from Minnisota fans these days

You're focusing on 1 very small cog in the big picture
You got to take a step back and take a look at the value it adds by proxy especially to others we're trying to sell off
Goodrow creates room by proxy as when he's on the ice all eyes are on him for fear of getting hit hard
That's perfect for a Gallagher type who needs just a step advantage to get by you

Short term it allows us a chance to sell off our remaining Contracts left by MB outside Gally who jumped on Hughes band wagon day 1 and seems to be good with him.
1 by 1 they'll likely all fall and this just speeds up the process while again getting a D that NYR brought up too early that can still be the missing piece we need in our depth pools RD.They didnt play him enough and we wont make the same mistakes giving him the chance to own #1 RD in Laval beside Ghule then jump to the NHL together the next season in Camp

P.s
I just noticed after i hit enter
My Point about Anderson isnt about being Physical
Its about losing or tying but never winning any fights he's in
Plus he busted up his hand already in a meaningless fight
Wouldnt you much rather that be Goodrow?

Typically when you’re trying to rebuild and clear the books you don’t take on long term money for bottom six plug that could bite you when you’re trying to contend in the future, just look at the sens with Zaitsev.

In order to be active in the future we need to have the books cleared. Can’t do a whole lot with Byron’s and Armia’s and Goodrow’s making over $3 mil each.

That’s fine that you can think that, but minnesota was also one of the top offensive teams in the league when foligno broke out, Goodrow was on a team that made the conference final and stuck with just above his career average for point totals. Now stick him in the bottom six on one of the worst teams in the league and I guarantee you his production declines.

If Kent Hughes wanted a space-eating enforcer he could’ve just paid Nic Deslauries. Towards the end of the season the rangers were almost exclusively using him in the bottom six with guys like Reaves and Rooney. Shows how much the rangers thought he could help the skill players.

The point of rebuilding isn’t just trading away everything the previous manager left. It’s not just take a **** contract and flip it for a **** contract for the sake of “he wasn’t signed by the previous manager”. Lundkvist is a nice piece, but I don’t think it’s enough to justify essentially adding two years to Armia’s contract. Look at Detroit, Yzerman took a few years, cleared the cap organically, whether by selling players when they became rentals or just letting contracts expire on their own. I’d like the Habs to do the same thing, cause the best teams don’t have much wasted cap on their roster. Gallagher and Anderson’s contracts are already going to age poorly, don’t need another long term one to add to the pile.

Also, Anderson only had three fights last year, all in the first half of the season. And that’s the kind of guy he is, when he gets mad he’s gonna drop the gloves on you. Like Nathan Mackinnon. You think he thinks about how he’s a skill player when he gets into scrums in the corner and lays massive hits on players?
Billy739 a aimé ceci.
31 juill. 2022 à 13 h 33
Billy739
Typically when you’re trying to rebuild and clear the books you don’t take on long term money for bottom six plug that could bite you when you’re trying to contend in the future, just look at the sens with Zaitsev.

In order to be active in the future we need to have the books cleared. Can’t do a whole lot with Byron’s and Armia’s and Goodrow’s making over $3 mil each.

That’s fine that you can think that, but minnesota was also one of the top offensive teams in the league when foligno broke out, Goodrow was on a team that made the conference final and stuck with just above his career average for point totals. Now stick him in the bottom six on one of the worst teams in the league and I guarantee you his production declines.

If Kent Hughes wanted a space-eating enforcer he could’ve just paid Nic Deslauries. Towards the end of the season the rangers were almost exclusively using him in the bottom six with guys like Reaves and Rooney. Shows how much the rangers thought he could help the skill players.

The point of rebuilding isn’t just trading away everything the previous manager left. It’s not just take a **** contract and flip it for a **** contract for the sake of “he wasn’t signed by the previous manager”. Lundkvist is a nice piece, but I don’t think it’s enough to justify essentially adding two years to Armia’s contract. Look at Detroit, Yzerman took a few years, cleared the cap organically, whether by selling players when they became rentals or just letting contracts expire on their own. I’d like the Habs to do the same thing, cause the best teams don’t have much wasted cap on their roster. Gallagher and Anderson’s contracts are already going to age poorly, don’t need another long term one to add to the pile.

Also, Anderson only had three fights last year, all in the first half of the season. And that’s the kind of guy he is, when he gets mad he’s gonna drop the gloves on you. Like Nathan Mackinnon. You think he thinks about how he’s a skill player when he gets into scrums in the corner and lays massive hits on players?

I'm gonna try this from another angle

Typically there's half a dozen teams with cap room and players like Pacioretty who put up 45pts in 47 games and VGK had to pay to move him still.
They'll have to clear another 9m just to skate a 23 man roster this year so someone else will be getting paid to take that cap

Only way to move Cap or deals out is to pay period
That is unless you're willing to swap players
MTL did it with Subban and Weber despite the term difference.
That term that you'd argue would haunt us actually got us paid
Dadanov's 43 points was only beaten by Suzuki in MTL and he's a pending UFA we can sell off

You im sure argued at the time Trading Subban for more term didnt make sense.
In the end we'll get more for Dadanov after getting better years out of Weber then Subban got for NSH in two 2nds , capdump and B level prospect(at the time anywyas now maybe C-)

If you play checkers your whole life , you're bound to find Chess frustrating
I totally get it .but this is a better return then Subban for Weber got in a cap for cap swap cause neither had a market with their contracts at the time.
Difference is the person making slighly more actually deserves and earned it with 2 rings to show for it.
The other played on teams bottom 6 during rebuilds mentoring youth with 1 SCF he was pivotol in until shut down by .... Dun Dun Dun ... Goodrow's line lol

Anyways if you're not sold i get it
Its why these site's exist for everyone to work this stuff out in real time
That said this is a difference of 200k or something and what 2 years term?
We're giving up Evans and getting Lunkvist, and a couple of picks likely 2nd's
Maybe by the time we get to his final 3-4 years like Weber we'll move him for a productive pending UFA

The beauty of a Cap Screwed league is McDonugh can lead in 3 straight SCF as one of the best D year in and out
still be given away for a 7D and a AHL prospect and Pacioretty gets nothing .
It'll only get worse like the NBA did and it started very similiarily over time
Then one day it was just acceptable culture
31 juill. 2022 à 13 h 39
Billy739
Modifié 31 juill. 2022 à 13 h 44

Anderson reply i figured i'd do seperate
If you got someone who can score 20 possibly even 30 goals with a ton of talent by him including Suzuki and Caufield last year
Why would you want him doing anything but Scoring goals?

I mean if he's defending himself that makes sense
But that's not when Anderson fights
He like Pezzetta will skate over when a teammate needs defending.
I appreciate the effort 100% but i'd rather him if he's going to do that to
ATLEAST pick fellow skilled players to fight not AHL nobodies and people who dont matter.

His 1st three fights he did it right !
It was smart and his team won 2/3 games
Then you see that trend start and where other guys trying to be relevant baited him

To me that's just not his game
He's not Cerbral Enough nor is he aggressive enough
0-2-1 in those first 3 vs his own weight class of fighter.
After that he avoided real fighters as you can literally see the quality of fighters drop down over time
Went from taking top guys who play #1 minutes off the ice to nobodies
MP55 a aimé ceci.
31 juill. 2022 à 14 h 56
B
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,423
Under sells, pass and Goodrow is not a dump lol!
Billy739 a aimé ceci.
31 juill. 2022 à 15 h 5
Hide yo girl
I'm gonna try this from another angle

Typically there's half a dozen teams with cap room and players like Pacioretty who put up 45pts in 47 games and VGK had to pay to move him still.
They'll have to clear another 9m just to skate a 23 man roster this year so someone else will be getting paid to take that cap

Only way to move Cap or deals out is to pay period
That is unless you're willing to swap players
MTL did it with Subban and Weber despite the term difference.
That term that you'd argue would haunt us actually got us paid
Dadanov's 43 points was only beaten by Suzuki in MTL and he's a pending UFA we can sell off

You im sure argued at the time Trading Subban for more term didnt make sense.
In the end we'll get more for Dadanov after getting better years out of Weber then Subban got for NSH in two 2nds , capdump and B level prospect(at the time anywyas now maybe C-)

If you play checkers your whole life , you're bound to find Chess frustrating
I totally get it .but this is a better return then Subban for Weber got in a cap for cap swap cause neither had a market with their contracts at the time.
Difference is the person making slighly more actually deserves and earned it with 2 rings to show for it.
The other played on teams bottom 6 during rebuilds mentoring youth with 1 SCF he was pivotol in until shut down by .... Dun Dun Dun ... Goodrow's line lol

Anyways if you're not sold i get it
Its why these site's exist for everyone to work this stuff out in real time
That said this is a difference of 200k or something and what 2 years term?
We're giving up Evans and getting Lunkvist, and a couple of picks likely 2nd's
Maybe by the time we get to his final 3-4 years like Weber we'll move him for a productive pending UFA

The beauty of a Cap Screwed league is McDonugh can lead in 3 straight SCF as one of the best D year in and out
still be given away for a 7D and a AHL prospect and Pacioretty gets nothing .
It'll only get worse like the NBA did and it started very similiarily over time
Then one day it was just acceptable culture

Alright let’s go one by one here:

You’re comparing a deal between two bottom six cap dumps to a deal of two franchise number one defencemen. Yes I was very upset when the trade went down. I was 14 at the time and had just got home from a trip to Montreal, one where I bought a jersey at the Bell Center of my favourite player, PK Subban.

That story aside, I would compare a swap like this to the Leafs-Sens Ceci for Zaitsev swap, the dollar for dollar exchange was nearly identical, but Zaitsev’s deal ran much longer than Ceci’s. The leafs got out of that money after one year and the sens are still stuck with that cumbersome contract. The Oilers-Flames trade between Lucic and Neal also serves as a good example, the flames came out of the deal with less cap and are able to get out of the contract this year, while the oilers were forced to buy Neal out and now are trying to build a cup-contending team while being forced to hand out $2 mil to a player who they didn’t want there anymore.

If Goodrow and Armia had the same term on their contracts I’m all for this deal. The issue is the whole paying a bottom six forward over $3 mil in a flat cap world (and we were just about to get out of Byron’s deal!)

I’d like to argue that Goodrow was more of a product of playing with Gourde and Coleman than anything else. If you look at the numbers of the three from last season to this season, Coleman’s stayed roughly the same, Gourde’s dropped a bit but still stayed relatively positive despite playing on the third worst team in the league, while Goodrow’s took a nose-dive this season. Calling that line the Goodrow line is like calling the leafs’ number one line the Bunting line.

Ok if the deal’s Armia, Evans for Goodrow, Lundkvist, and two seconds sure I’ll take that. Usually when people just say “picks” I think 3rd round or worse garbage. Can live with that return.
Billy739 a aimé ceci.
1 août 2022 à 16 h 35
Billy739
Alright let’s go one by one here:

You’re comparing a deal between two bottom six cap dumps to a deal of two franchise number one defencemen. Yes I was very upset when the trade went down. I was 14 at the time and had just got home from a trip to Montreal, one where I bought a jersey at the Bell Center of my favourite player, PK Subban.

That story aside, I would compare a swap like this to the Leafs-Sens Ceci for Zaitsev swap, the dollar for dollar exchange was nearly identical, but Zaitsev’s deal ran much longer than Ceci’s. The leafs got out of that money after one year and the sens are still stuck with that cumbersome contract. The Oilers-Flames trade between Lucic and Neal also serves as a good example, the flames came out of the deal with less cap and are able to get out of the contract this year, while the oilers were forced to buy Neal out and now are trying to build a cup-contending team while being forced to hand out $2 mil to a player who they didn’t want there anymore.

If Goodrow and Armia had the same term on their contracts I’m all for this deal. The issue is the whole paying a bottom six forward over $3 mil in a flat cap world (and we were just about to get out of Byron’s deal!)

I’d like to argue that Goodrow was more of a product of playing with Gourde and Coleman than anything else. If you look at the numbers of the three from last season to this season, Coleman’s stayed roughly the same, Gourde’s dropped a bit but still stayed relatively positive despite playing on the third worst team in the league, while Goodrow’s took a nose-dive this season. Calling that line the Goodrow line is like calling the leafs’ number one line the Bunting line.

Ok if the deal’s Armia, Evans for Goodrow, Lundkvist, and two seconds sure I’ll take that. Usually when people just say “picks” I think 3rd round or worse garbage. Can live with that return.

I'm not Comparing Trades i brought it up to Underline The Context of Cap Deals this summer vs every other year ever.
Its not about those players, Its about WHY those teams had to make those moves
Gone are the days where 6-10 teams have a ton of capspace to bury contracts
Right now there's about 2-3 team maybe and one just added Klingberg so that leaves me questioning if their tanking or rebuilding on the fly via UFA's
You keep trying to ignore this year is different bringing up deals that woulda made sense before.
But being an NBA fan who seen this happen we've hit a point where this will become more and more common
In 2003 you never really seen teams pay to move productive players because of Cap issues
There was always a ton of teams who would take players like that for Cash Considerations

Different league though right? Yup
But built by the guy who helped lay the foundation for this style of business in the NBA
They can raise the cap 20m and teams like TBL,VGK and TML will keep over paying players then paying to move them later on
The more teams that do this the less cap space there will be and the more value it will have.
As a result you'll see more trades 1 for 1 in Cap Swaps or like the Lowry deal trading assets to upgrade a position slightly for the same cap hit
(and MIA payed a lot a Achiuawa gave us our best duo since Davis/Carter.)

But i admit in any other off season your evaluation is correct when it comes to moving cap.
This year though moving productive players cost teams , moving less productive ones would cost a fortune
Coleman's term is the Caviot for NYR giving up the better player and all the quality in the deal.
As for Goude/Coleman making Goodrow
Where did he end up come playoffs ?
Goodrow is a really good Bottom 6 leader
He's paid like one too

Im not trying to sell him as the 2nd coming of Christ.
Just trying to show come playoffs regardless of the team he's on
His play put him deep into the post season

I dont think we're far off on value once you factor in Cap Inflation im gonna call it that we seem to be experiencing .
I just think we're talking now about percieved value of the players contributions to the team long term.
All i can do is assure you in my build Goodrow never becomes a problem for us unless he pulls a Drouin
Then and only then do i think its hard to sell people on this guy
Like Michal Rozinval you're quick to forget him but come playoffs you want him around even if he's not a Point Per Game Player he's a reliable Team Guy

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage