Forums/Armchair-GM

Who says no

Créé par: Cardiac
Équipe: 2022-23 Hurricanes de la Caroline
Date de création initiale: 29 juill. 2022
Publié: 29 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Jarvis is younger and has a year more of developing in him. They put up similar point totals this past season. Jarvis is younger but slightly less developed. Very fair trade imo based on point totals advanced stats and age difference.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
13 000 000 $
Transactions
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de PHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de PHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2082 500 000 $81 853 583 $112 500 $850 000 $646 417 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 7
8 460 250 $8 460 250 $
C
UFA - 2
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 820 000 $4 820 000 $
C
UFA - 8
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
C
RFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 280 000 $5 280 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 025 000 $4 025 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 050 000 $4 050 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
29 juill. 2022 à 21 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 281
Quoting: Xerxsion
Are you aware that the CHL includes two other leagues outside of the QMJHL? Not sure why you're even brining up the Q at all here when none of the 3 aforementioned players have EVER played in the Q lol

Quoting: Billy739
So most habs Fans arent die hard QMJHL Supporters who follow stars from Junior up ?
Living somewhere and understanding its culture if you're not apart of it are not the same

I'm from the only Billingual Province front seat to intense hockey markets such as NS hockey but its nothing compared to Quebec
Those fans travel with kids to watch them play all over relgiously

Serge Drouin i've knowned long before i ever thought his son would actually make the NHL
He leads the Away Team Convoy for our Rival Halifax Moose Heads since like 2003 was the first time i met him

Reality is i've seen more Junior games this year then probably both you combined in the past 5
I talk to the people you're bad mouthing and they deffinately know hockey at all levels.
Especially since so many QMJHL players have been the backbone of the NHL 1990-2015 in particular at a very high rate

But i digress

Yea the Q has nothing to do with this. Objectively the OHL and the WHL produce more NHL talent. This is not about prejudice. We aren’t being racist. This is about hockey. He generalized habs fans because typically do not follow other teams. You only furthered his point by saying you watch junior hockey and not other NHL hockey. You might but you haven’t said you watch any teams other than the habs. You brought up something that was completely unrelated so really you just look like a jackass
29 juill. 2022 à 22 h 1
Billy739
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,629
Quoting: Cardiac
Yea the Q has nothing to do with this. Objectively the OHL and the WHL produce more NHL talent. This is not about prejudice. We aren’t being racist. This is about hockey. He generalized habs fans because typically do not follow other teams. You only furthered his point by saying you watch junior hockey and not other NHL hockey. You might but you haven’t said you watch any teams other than the habs. You brought up something that was completely unrelated so really you just look like a jackass

Its called Context
I offered i had knowledge when slandered openly by the Persian War God

You guys when asked to offer the same undermined my experience 10/10 because you dont attend any games NHL, Junior or any level.
You think keeping me on the defense will make me oblivious to this clear fact that you dont offer any knowledge
Just claim those with experience have no value or insight because you've never had the first had experience of supporting these players at all levels

You say "Unrelated"
I say you need to look up the word "Context"
Not being a troll either , i legit think you dont understand how it works.
29 juill. 2022 à 22 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Objectively jarvis is younger, less developed, a better producer, larger, and prove to me you read this by saying pinto beans and just a better player in general.

You're banking on us writing off Caufield over 30 games
Ignoring the fact he was top 3 on our first SCF team since Roy was here
Then struggled for 30 games
That's where you want us to stop

But we remember 22 goals 35 points in 37 games finishing with a Hat Trick to end the year
While you suggest that means nothing while explains why 30 games define him as having no value or extremely less.
Its an argument that contradicts itself

I mean he did more the LAF did in his best year to date
Is LAF now the equivelant to Jarvis in trade value?

1) you didn’t even read my argument so I’m just going to assume you are just beside yourself at this point

2) I am not saying that the habs should write off 30 games of good play, I am saying they should not write off his beginning to the season.

3) I am not saying his 30 games gives him “no value” but rather how looking at the bigger picture shows much more than you are saying, you are picking and choosing stats.

4) at the moment jarvis and caufield both have more value than Laf. I don’t know what your argument is there but hey do you.
29 juill. 2022 à 22 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Its called Context
I offered i had knowledge when slandered openly by the Persian War God

You guys when asked to offer the same undermined my experience 10/10 because you dont attend any games NHL, Junior or any level.
You think keeping me on the defense will make me oblivious to this clear fact that you dont offer any knowledge
Just claim those with experience have no value or insight because you've never had the first had experience of supporting these players at all levels

You say "Unrelated"
I say you need to look up the word "Context"
Not being a troll either , i legit think you dont understand how it works.

Holy **** we are not ****ing saying you have no knowledge. You are taking **** out of context. It started with saying “99% of habs fans don’t watch other teams”

It’s a gross generalization but not an attack on you. You are taking this too personally and I am simply trying to talk hockey and talk some sense to you. I have acknowledged your arguments, at least acknowledge mine.
29 juill. 2022 à 22 h 6
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,094

But we remember 22 goals 35 points in 37 games finishing with a Hat Trick to end the year
While you suggest that means nothing while explains why 30 games define him as having no value or extremely less.
Its an argument that contradicts itself

some might say that continually spouting "35 points in 37 games" while ignoring his first 30 games is doing the exact same thing that you're accusing others of doing here, just in reverse.
Billy739 a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2022 à 22 h 6
Billy739
1) you didn’t even read my argument so I’m just going to assume you are just beside yourself at this point

2) I am not saying that the habs should write off 30 games of good play, I am saying they should not write off his beginning to the season.

3) I am not saying his 30 games gives him “no value” but rather how looking at the bigger picture shows much more than you are saying, you are picking and choosing stats.

4) at the moment jarvis and caufield both have more value than Laf. I don’t know what your argument is there but hey do you.

1. Read it , replied to it
I focus on the low road and address it first when people go there

2. yes you litterally did saying 37 games dont matter trying to tell me it was a fluke basically.
IN CONTEXT i showed before he was a Rookie he came in as a Catalyst and outside those 30 bad games he remained that way

3. yes you did via your argument , either that or worse you discounted his contributions last year and to the SCF completely
which you will have to justify if you did as its completely illogical

4. Wow ... thats just a whole other post in itself
Try trading LAF for Jarvis , NYR fans are no where near as nice when trying to get anyone
I've been trying to get Kakko at a fair price for years and they want a lot
29 juill. 2022 à 22 h 11
Billy739
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
some might say that continually spouting "35 points in 37 games" while ignoring his first 30 games is doing the exact same thing that you're accusing others of doing here, just in reverse.

Im trying to drive step 1/2 in to his skull given how very different Jarvis and Caufields last 12-13 months has been
Then we go back to him coming into a dead team sparking a top line and finishing top 3 team scoring in a SCF
When people dont listen you have to drive the point home over and over

I keep seeing these people overvaluing complete trash while trying to give away legit talent on this site.
Trying to tell me Jarvis = Caufield will provoke a rebate 10/10 just like me saying Suzuki = Matthews would and should
29 juill. 2022 à 22 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Banni
1. Read it , replied to it
I focus on the low road and address it first when people go there

2. yes you litterally did saying 37 games dont matter trying to tell me it was a fluke basically.
IN CONTEXT i showed before he was a Rookie he came in as a Catalyst and outside those 30 bad games he remained that way

3. yes you did via your argument , either that or worse you discounted his contributions last year and to the SCF completely
which you will have to justify if you did as its completely illogical

4. Wow ... thats just a whole other post in itself
Try trading LAF for Jarvis , NYR fans are no where near as nice when trying to get anyone
I've been trying to get Kakko at a fair price for years and they want a lot

1) if you had read it you would have seen that

2) I am not saying it’s a fluke. I’m saying you should take the good with the bad and not just the good.

3) you are grossly misinterpreting my argument and clearly not understanding my points

4) at the moment based on current NHL success, caufield and Jarvis have more value than Laf. I’m not going to try to trade jarvis for Laf because it does nothing for Carolina. Caufield is a good player of similar caliber to jarvis and the only reason I am trading for him here is because he is a sniper and jarvis is a playmaker. Laf still has more upside than both caufield and jarvis but he has a lower floor. The floors being that much higher for jarvis and caufield makes them in my opinion more valuable than Laf.
29 juill. 2022 à 22 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Im trying to drive step 1/2 in to his skull given how very different Jarvis and Caufields last 12-13 months has been
Then we go back to him coming into a dead team sparking a top line and finishing top 3 team scoring in a SCF

I keep seeing these people overvaluing complete trash while trying to give away legit talent on this site.
Trying to tell me Jarvis = Caufield will provoke a rebate 10/10 just like me saying Suzuki = Matthews would and should

Haha you have polarized glasses on.
29 juill. 2022 à 22 h 23
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,094

From pure production standpoint: Caufield has 48 points in 77 regular season GP at this point in his career. Jarvis had 40 points in 67 GP this season. In a vacuum, I'd pick Caufield over Jarvis too, but the value is a lot closer between those two guys than between Suzuki & Matthews. I think it comes down to personal preference in playstyle - Jarvis is a playmaker, Caufield is a finisher. But if I woke up tomorrow and saw there was a trade package based around Caufield for Jarvis, I wouldn't look at it as "oh man one side got FLEECED".

But, I think it was said elsewhere in this thread, no GM in their right mind would make this trade to begin with. Trading 1st round picks after each of them has basically a rookie season's worth of games under their belt is tying your entire career's fortune to that guy you're trading for - if he becomes a star, you're a genius! But if the guy you traded away becomes a better player? Hooo boy, pack your bags buddy, you're outta here.
Billy739 et Cardiac a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2022 à 22 h 28
Billy739
Haha you have polarized glasses on.

Whatever helps you sleep bud
Caufields just a guy and for the right price i'd sell every player we got
Issue is this isnt that.

We could sign Sam Steele and end up better off then if we acquired Jarvis
He'd fit our timeline and cost us nothing
Plus he cant actually play Center even if he doesnt produce at the same high end offensively
He's better overall in a better position then Danault when we got him at a similar age.

Everything about this deal screams "run for the hills , run for your life."
Cause what you're offering us more or less is a slightly better Ylonen with less size and speed.
Which last year Pre Slavkovsky might have interested us (not at that price but interested us instead of Drorak )

This year though we got no interest in anyone who cant play a 2nd/3rd line Center role and win faceoffs.
Anything less is a non starter because as Hughes said " my ideal is to get players at the end of their ELC just before they turn Pro or have been for a few years "
(asked during Lehkonen post trade return statements)

Jarvis is an investment we have no interest in making
29 juill. 2022 à 22 h 34
Billy739
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
From pure production standpoint: Caufield has 48 points in 77 regular season GP at this point in his career. Jarvis had 40 points in 67 GP this season. In a vacuum, I'd pick Caufield over Jarvis too, but the value is a lot closer between those two guys than between Suzuki & Matthews. I think it comes down to personal preference in playstyle - Jarvis is a playmaker, Caufield is a finisher. But if I woke up tomorrow and saw there was a trade package based around Caufield for Jarvis, I wouldn't look at it as "oh man one side got FLEECED".

But, I think it was said elsewhere in this thread, no GM in their right mind would make this trade to begin with. Trading 1st round picks after each of them has basically a rookie season's worth of games under their belt is tying your entire career's fortune to that guy you're trading for - if he becomes a star, you're a genius! But if the guy you traded away becomes a better player? Hooo boy, pack your bags buddy, you're outta here.

Valid
How you described seeing a post trade and the reaction sums it all up
I think with Strome getting no OZ and Colin White being bought out
We're seeing players who struggle at Faceoffs who arent 200ft players being left out

CHI was Rebuilding and bailed on Strome rather then keeping his rights and trading them.
I mean few teams are paying at much as CAR did for KK who's inconsistent offensively , ok defensively and a nightmare in the faceoff circle (coaches dont let him take DZ faceoffs or it gets worse)
Most from contenders to rebuilding teams are moving on this year including ANA who i was surprised let Sam Steel go without QO him
29 juill. 2022 à 23 h 31
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 104
Capfriendly gotta introduce a dislike button for you

There is already, it's called the hide button and it works wonderful on delusional annoyances lol
29 juill. 2022 à 23 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Pags71
There is already, it's called the hide button and it works wonderful on delusional annoyances lol

Where? U mean ignore?
30 juill. 2022 à 1 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 104
Where? U mean ignore?

Yes, sorry it's called ignore here. Some people just aren't worth the time.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage