SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #10 - Kadri oh Kadri, wherefore art thou Kadri?

9 août 2022 à 12 h 50
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817
Quoting: csick
Sanderson top 4 right off the bat. Thomson or JBD will make it if they win a spot in camp and play really good

Hey boys, I LOVED FORSBERG last year. He wasn’t lucky or riding a wave. He’s genuinely solid. He was a pleasure to watch in the Sens net - with a great story. Solid deal too.

But goalies are crazy. I mean two easy examples - Martin Jones -> Vezina contender -> anchor buyout. Hart -> Calder potential? -> team Canada future? -> no clear future now.

I’m not saying their equivalent examples but I am saying we can expect Forsberg - Talbot to sustain the Sens net. But if one of them fails to live up to expectations.. Sens are in a similar situation to last year in net. It’s not unreasonable to foresee that. If both of them flounder than obviously there’s trouble.

I’m not a major fan of the Sens d depth but I agree with mostly the point of the Sens being overrated by fans and underrated by rivals.

Chabot - Zub/ JBD/ Thomson
Sanderson - JBD/ Thomson/ Zub
Brannstrom/ Holden

Scratch Zaitsev

Is much better than people expect. Zaitsev was not bad, he was brutal. He is not an NHL player, man Jaycob Megna AHL lifer (now 6th man) is a better NHLer than Zaitsev. The Sens shouldn’t be a top D core team but they should see a noticeable improvement or at the very least a more stable roster that’s going to be learning a lot and gaining valuable reps and chemistry development with hopefully an upgrade within a year. The Sens top 6 is not a issue.

If one thing breaks the camels back for me it’s the goalies. But hey; if the Sens miss the WC by a few wins and instead of losing games constantly we got fun games and 6-5 OT crazy shooting games. Debrincat shooting 40g and Stutzle evolving; Ottawa will be worth paying to watch and a joy to view on TV. But again; I see more questions in net then answers.

The Atlantic doesn’t have good D. It’s an offence division. Tampa, Boston and Toronto have good D. Detroit , Ottawa and Buffalo have a lot of youngsters, D corps will be great in 1-2 years. Montreal has no top pairing D. Florida has nothing after Ekblad and maybe Forsling. Florida lost Weegar and Tampa lost McDonagh , both out of divisions[/quote]

Quoting: HockeyScotty
Are the rookies expected to make the lineup? I really am excited for the Sens future but is yhis the year that they turn over the defense to them?

Thomson looked solid in his NHL games and showed promise. He’s more of stretch to be a stud but he’s got potential and he looked comfortable. JBD is bigger and has more upside but also I think he is more likely to be an NHLer long term.

I think the Sens don’t have a choice but to run a young D core and like Csick said, there’s not real superstar defensive team in the Atlantic so I don’t think the Sens should stress as Zaitsev was just absolutely abysmal at everything he did. Not tryna to be rude to the guy but why would the Sens play him. I would never make Sanderson pair with that guy as that’s just going to hurt your shiny prospect. Holden is a fair 3rd pair guy and Brannstrom needs to put up or shut up at this point. The Sens camp is going to be interesting but if Nikita makes the roster it’s going to cause hell throughout the city. And if Zaitsev is paired with Sanderson; I think Csick would have a stroke lmao.
csick et Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 12 h 51
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 931
Hey boys, I LOVED FORSBERG last year. He wasn’t lucky or riding a wave. He’s genuinely solid. He was a pleasure to watch in the Sens net - with a great story. Solid deal too.

But goalies are crazy. I mean two easy examples - Martin Jones -> Vezina contender -> anchor buyout. Hart -> Calder potential? -> team Canada future? -> no clear future now.

I’m not saying their equivalent examples but I am saying we can expect Forsberg - Talbot to sustain the Sens net. But if one of them fails to live up to expectations.. Sens are in a similar situation to last year in net. It’s not unreasonable to foresee that. If both of them flounder than obviously there’s trouble.

I’m not a major fan of the Sens d depth but I agree with mostly the point of the Sens being overrated by fans and underrated by rivals.

Chabot - Zub/ JBD/ Thomson
Sanderson - JBD/ Thomson/ Zub
Brannstrom/ Holden

Scratch Zaitsev

Is much better than people expect. Zaitsev was not bad, he was brutal. He is not an NHL player, man Jaycob Megna AHL lifer (now 6th man) is a better NHLer than Zaitsev. The Sens shouldn’t be a top D core team but they should see a noticeable improvement or at the very least a more stable roster that’s going to be learning a lot and gaining valuable reps and chemistry development with hopefully an upgrade within a year. The Sens top 6 is not a issue.

If one thing breaks the camels back for me it’s the goalies. But hey; if the Sens miss the WC by a few wins and instead of losing games constantly we got fun games and 6-5 OT crazy shooting games. Debrincat shooting 40g and Stutzle evolving; Ottawa will be worth paying to watch and a joy to view on TV. But again; I see more questions in net then answers.

The Atlantic doesn’t have good D. It’s an offence division. Tampa, Boston and Toronto have good D. Detroit , Ottawa and Buffalo have a lot of youngsters, D corps will be great in 1-2 years. Montreal has no top pairing D. Florida has nothing after Ekblad and maybe Forsling. Florida lost Weegar and Tampa lost McDonagh , both out of divisions[/quote]

And half of Boston's D is injured to start the year
csick a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 12 h 54
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,783
Quoting: yikes
The Atlantic doesn’t have good D. It’s an offence division. Tampa, Boston and Toronto have good D. Detroit , Ottawa and Buffalo have a lot of youngsters, D corps will be great in 1-2 years. Montreal has no top pairing D. Florida has nothing after Ekblad and maybe Forsling. Florida lost Weegar and Tampa lost McDonagh , both out of divisions

Thomson looked solid in his NHL games and showed promise. He’s more of stretch to be a stud but he’s got potential and he looked comfortable. JBD is bigger and has more upside but also I think he is more likely to be an NHLer long term.

I think the Sens don’t have a choice but to run a young D core and like Csick said, there’s not real superstar defensive team in the Atlantic so I don’t think the Sens should stress as Zaitsev was just absolutely abysmal at everything he did. Not tryna to be rude to the guy but why would the Sens play him. I would never make Sanderson pair with that guy as that’s just going to hurt your shiny prospect. Holden is a fair 3rd pair guy and Brannstrom needs to put up or shut up at this point. The Sens camp is going to be interesting but if Nikita makes the roster it’s going to cause hell throughout the city. And if Zaitsev is paired with Sanderson; I think Csick would have a stroke lmao.[/quote]

Zub is already guaranteed to be paired with Sanderson per the leaked and blurred Sens board . The problem is Zaitsev and Hamonic both had terrible analytics next to Chabot and both dragged him down. I would try Holden or Brannstrom on their offside with Chabot and see how it goes. Or give a spot to JBD/Thomson.

As for projections :
I see Thomson similar to Severson and JBD similar to Marino . We’ll see if they hit their ceilings or not
9 août 2022 à 13 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,866
Wait wait wait Trouba being named Captain of the rangers is legit and not a prank

Man um k I need to go ponder this

Also RIP Kreider
9 août 2022 à 13 h 31
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,091
This is already the worst contract in NHL history. 7 mill for a bottom 6 forward

yikes, csick, PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 13 h 32
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,485
Quoting: Db1899
This is already the worst contract in NHL history. 7 mill for a bottom 6 forward

Bottom 6? He's kinda overhyped but he's a solid top six guy
yikes, Devil, Saskleaf and 4 others a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 13 h 34
Quoting: SevenLeg

I think his years of being a top 6 F are over. He’s going to fall off a cliff next season. I give it 3 years at most before he’s sent to the AHL
9 août 2022 à 13 h 35
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817

Just wait till they meet in the middle at 8m x 7 🫣
zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 13 h 37
Quoting: yikes
Just wait till they meet in the middle at 8m x 7 🫣

Even better lol - if the isles are going to do something stupid like this, I’d rather the AAV be higher.
9 août 2022 à 13 h 39
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Even better lol - if the isles are going to do something stupid like this, I’d rather the AAV be higher.

Say if Kadri were to receive an 8x7. How would the Isles move money to retain Noah Dobson?
csick et zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 13 h 40
KFTW
Quoting: Juiceman
Say if Kadri were to receive an 8x7. How would the Isles move money to retain Noah Dobson?

Beauvillier for a 3rd round pick similar to Bjorkstrand
pinslack, zk97 et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 13 h 40
Ex Nucks fan
Beauvillier for a 3rd round pick similar to Bjorkstrand

Say somebody were to Offersheet Dobson for 8 mil. How would the Isles match then?
9 août 2022 à 13 h 42

Pay to move Bailey, trade Varlamov I guess. Dobson’s contract is already done
csick, zk97 et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 13 h 43
Hop on the Slaftrain
Say somebody were to Offersheet Dobson for 8 mil. How would the Isles match then?

He's already signed, just not announced as usual
Juiceman, zk97, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 13 h 43
Ex Nucks fan
Pay to move Bailey, trade Varlamov I guess. Dobson’s contract is already done

Probably less than they want to pay Kadri. Crazy that they will pay more for a 32 year old who already peaked than their 22 d man
csick a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 13 h 45
Probably less than they want to pay Kadri. Crazy that they will pay more for a 32 year old who already peaked than their 22 d man

I agree. My guess is Dobson will get 5.5 mill x 3
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 13 h 46
Hop on the Slaftrain
I think his years of being a top 6 F are over. He’s going to fall off a cliff next season. I give it 3 years at most before he’s sent to the AHL

I don't know, after 102 points in 87 games I think he has at least 3 years of being a very good top 6 guy, and then age poorly.
csick, HockeyScotty, justaBoss and 2 others a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 13 h 49
KFTW

Have to trade Bailey and a 1st
9 août 2022 à 13 h 55
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Avs have about $2-3 million this year in cap space with a full roster (CapFriendly is not a fully accurate roster). It is NOT expected that we resign Kadri; that is clickbait media fodder for people who don't understand the cap.

It is expected that they use most of the to accrue towards deadline cap space to fix any issues that arise:
1) goalie experiment doesn't work out
2) #2 center doesn't work out
3) any major injuries occur

The Avs do not need to move Girard either this year or next.

MacKinnon's extension will be paid for by some of that cap buffer, Compher $3.5 million and the cap increase of $1 million on top of his current $6.3 million for a total budget of around $10.8 to $12.8 million AAV that the Avs can commit to him.

Byram and Newhook's extensions will be paid by Eric Johnson's $6 million coming off the books and whatever is left-over from MacKinnon.

Next year we will need to replace Compher and that is it (as it stands today) and we have enough bottom 6 talent coming up that it should be done internally on an ELC deal.

i think you're lowballing a bit. you'd need ej and the cap increase to account for mack. compher can cover newhook and a replacement player. someone will need to move to cover byram.
csick a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 13 h 58
KFTW
My 2023 Calder winner :
Matt Beniers (stud - 60pts I think he gets)

Finalists:
Rossi (will be leaned on heavily with the loss of Fiala)
Power (I think he gets 40pts but struggles a bit defensively)
9 août 2022 à 13 h 59
I don't know, after 102 points in 87 games I think he has at least 3 years of being a very good top 6 guy, and then age poorly.

I see him on a Loui Ericksson trajectory . He was borderline elite during his last year in Boston and he fell off a cliff in VAN
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 14 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,866

I feel if Kadri signs a deal a team should try and get the term down to at least 5 so that by the end hes not playing at 39 years old

8mill x 5 years should be good.
9 août 2022 à 14 h 15
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,435
Im hearing two different reports

Did Kadri sign with the Islanders (and the contract isn't annouced yet) or did they just offer the contract to Kadri?
csick et zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 14 h 17
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: Devil

Did Kadri sign with the Islanders (and the contract isn't annouced yet) or did they just offer the contract to Kadri?

I believe they have only offered the contract
9 août 2022 à 14 h 19
Quoting: Devil

Offered. Calgary still wants to sign him

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage