SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #10 - Kadri oh Kadri, wherefore art thou Kadri?

8 août 2022 à 16 h 48
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,185
Quoting: capsfan2121
Oilers are the best team in the west imo. they just need a winger like kessel and a cheaper 3rd than barrie that is better at defense and they will be good

Colorado: am I a joke to you?
capsfan2121, csick, PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 16 h 50
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
Quoting: Saskleaf
Colorado: am I a joke to you?

they are. they have no goal tending and a weak bottom six
8 août 2022 à 16 h 50
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Oilers are the best team in the west imo. they just need a winger like kessel and a cheaper 3rd than barrie that is better at defense and they will be good

Oilers strengths:
2 superstar players
Good top 6

Oilers Weakness:
Depth scoring
Defense
Potentially shaky goaltending (not sure which Jack Campbell they will be getting)

They are definitely a contender but nowhere near the level of the Avs
Alfie11, A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 16 h 50
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624

That’s quite literally the Edmonton Oilers. Weak bottom six, questionable goaltending
yikes, A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 16 h 51
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Juiceman
That’s quite literally the Edmonton Oilers. Weak bottom six, questionable goaltending

they have a good bottom six
8 août 2022 à 16 h 54
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
they have a good bottom six

no they don’t lol, they have puljujarvi in a role that he doesn’t do well in and five 4th liners
capsfan2121, EsoYeezus69, Saskleaf and 2 others a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 16 h 59
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,691
Quoting: Devil

yikes

THEM'S FIRE!
yikes et DougieGilmour a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 17 h 8
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,358
So AZ overpaid Crouse by a lot ( though they need to reach the floor, deal isn’t too bad but Crouse ideally is a complimentary player, he won’t be doing that in AZ ), Boston got Zacha, Bergeron and Krejci signed ( cap hell next year, those bonuses on Bergeron and Krejci will most likely move to next year as overages ) and Vegas got Nic Roy signed long term, good deal, Roy’s a solid young 3rd liner
zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 17 h 19
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,919
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
So AZ overpaid Crouse by a lot ( though they need to reach the floor, deal isn’t too bad but Crouse ideally is a complimentary player, he won’t be doing that in AZ ), Boston got Zacha, Bergeron and Krejci signed ( cap hell next year, those bonuses on Bergeron and Krejci will most likely move to next year as overages ) and Vegas got Nic Roy signed long term, good deal, Roy’s a solid young 3rd liner

Yeah with Stephenson probs playing LW next season probs gonna see Roy get a 3rd line promotion which is good as 3mill for a 4c would be an overpay
8 août 2022 à 17 h 24
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,872
Hot take: The Sens are underrated
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 17 h 39
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

Correct me if I’m wrong, but won’t those overages not count as long as they finish they regular season with no one LTIR. Which appears they won’t as everyone is expected back at some point next season.
8 août 2022 à 17 h 53
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: csick
Hot take: The Sens are underrated

Hotter Take: The Sens are Overrated.
Devil, A_Habs_fan, DougieGilmour and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 17 h 53
KFTW
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN

Not at all. Most non Sens fans think they’ll either compete for WC2 or miss the playoffs
8 août 2022 à 19 h 23
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Correct me if I’m wrong, but won’t those overages not count as long as they finish they regular season with no one LTIR. Which appears they won’t as everyone is expected back at some point next season.

Depends, if the Bruins have enough cap space yes, but they’d need 4.5 ( 2 for Krejci and 2.5 for Bergeron ) of cap space to not have the overages go to next year
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 19 h 25
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN

Definitely, no idea how people think they’re close to the playoffs, like, you literally have Hamonic and Zaitsev as 2 of your RD’s and depth still isn’t great
8 août 2022 à 19 h 36
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 943
Definitely, no idea how people think they’re close to the playoffs, like, you literally have Hamonic and Zaitsev as 2 of your RD’s and depth still isn’t great

They've closed the gap for being competitive but so did Detroit, New Jersey and Columbus. Muddy middle in the East is going to be jam packed
yikes a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 19 h 43
KFTW
Quoting: HockeyScotty
They've closed the gap for being competitive but so did Detroit, New Jersey and Columbus. Muddy middle in the East is going to be jam packed

Their offence is high level. And depending how Sanderson plays, they could be great. They will likely add a Dman before camp.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 19 h 47
Go leafs go

They also have the best d corps and best top line in the league. Oh, and they just won the cup.

Don’t get me wrong, Edmonton is a top 5, probably top 3 in the west, but they definitely are not better than Colorado. The oilers also have like the crappiest depth in the league too.
8 août 2022 à 19 h 50
Go leafs go

They have what could arguably be the best top 6 in the league. If they get even ok goaltending and their defense is not the literal worst in the league they’re definitely making the playoffs.
yikes a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 19 h 51
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: Juiceman

Quoting: Alfie11
no they don’t lol, they have puljujarvi in a role that he doesn’t do well in and five 4th liners

I'll give you questionable goaltending as there are more question marks with Campbell and Skinner than absolute answers. I'll even double down and suggest the blueline is two top-fpur pieces away from being championship caliber. Miles to go.

I think the two of you are grossly underrating the strength of Edmonton's bottom six. All of Foegele, Janmark, and McLeod are third-line caliber players. Ryan is a run-of-the-mill fourth line forward. Holloway is very much raw but has the underlying numbers to suggest he can step in on any NHL roster as a third-line talent. What happens if Hyman shifts to RW and pushes either of Puljujarvi or Yamamoto down the roster?

They're one RW away, be it an external solution like Kessel or internal via Bourgault, from having the best top-9, possibly the best forward corps, in the league. Depth scoring as an issue for the Oilers is a poor, recycled, uneducated take.

EDIT: looks like @Saskleaf has joined you two in wrongness solidarity.
Saskleaf, capsfan2121, oilersguy and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 19 h 54
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I'll give you questionable goaltending as there are more question marks with Campbell and Skinner than absolute answers. I'll even double down and suggest the blueline is two top-fpur pieces away from being championship caliber. Miles to go.

I think the two of you are grossly underrating the strength of Edmonton's bottom six. All of Foegele, Janmark, and McLeod are third-line caliber players. Ryan is a run-of-the-mill fourth line forward. Holloway is very much raw but has the underlying numbers to suggest he can step in on any NHL roster as a third-line talent. What happens if Hyman shifts to RW and pushes either of Puljujarvi or Yamamoto down the roster?

They're one RW away, be it an external solution like Kessel or internal via Bourgault, from having the best top-9, possibly the best forward corps, in the league. Depth scoring as an issue for the Oilers is a poor, recycled, uneducated take.

EDIT: looks like Saskleaf has joined you two in wrongness solidarity.

Still surprised Oilers went with Campbell over Kuemper mainly due to the fact Holland tried to get Kuemper last year but got outbid by the eventual champs.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 19 h 56
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: aadoyle
Still surprised Oilers went with Campbell over Kuemper mainly due to the fact Holland tried to get Kuemper last year but got outbid and also his resume is better. But I could also see why they didnt "media would have a field day on both ends"

I think it really just came down to Kuemper not wanting to sign in Canada.

To be fair I wanted neither man. Kuemper probably has limited longevity due to injury and Campbell might be the most overrated UFA netminder since Khabibulin?
aadoyle, capsfan2121, yikes and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 19 h 59
Hakuna Matata
I think it really just came down to Kuemper not wanting to sign in Canada.

To be fair I wanted neither man. Kuemper probably has limited longevity due to injury and Campbell might be the most overrated UFA netminder since Khabibulin?

Isnt Kuemper Canadian though

That would be a first... hearing a Canadian doesnt want to play in Canada lul

But yeah I see your point. Its an interesting gamble that could pay off for both teams or blow up and be a problem. As goalies are so random these days
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 20 h 0
Tintin over 1122

EDIT: looks like Saskleaf has joined you two in wrongness solidarity.

thank you
8 août 2022 à 20 h 1
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: aadoyle
Isnt Kuemper Canadian though

That would be a first... hearing a Canadian doesnt want to play in Canada lul

But yeah I see your point. Its an interesting gamble that could pay off for both teams or blow up and be a problem. As goalies are so random these days

he wanted to go to a place that knows how to win and he likes our team

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage