SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Ottawa Senators signed Mathieu Joseph (4 Years / $2,950,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

29 juill. 2022 à 14 h 2
couldnt afford 2nd t
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 431
Quoting: Ghazel
Klingberg is definitely looking for a lot more than 4 million. Hell Gudbranson just signed for 4X4. This makes Klingberg like a 6-8 million dollar player. I am sure he is not taking any less than that. Subban might be a decent option if he is not too washed up. Could probably be had for around or less than 3 mil. Maybe 2.5. You could see the internal route with Thomson and JBD both rights unless Zaitsev's contract can be Dumped. Probably why Ottawa drafted so many D this year, once Zub and then Sanderson sign long term Ottawa will badley need those ELC's to fill the ranks.

Klingberg waited out the market too long. There is almost no cap left in the league. Most of the remaining cap is stuck on teams who don't have money to spent to back that cap. Additionally, he has been so/so the last few seasons compared to his peak. Gudbranson had a career year and has the intangibles of being a big heavy defenseman, which is in vogue and difficult to find. He also didn't wait until all the cap dissipated to sign, he signed right away.

Klingberg likely fired his agent because his agent overplayed their hand and screwed up. Now Klingberg is still a UFA and there are no landing spots that can offer him a big contract.

DeAngelo is a better comparable to Klingberg. He signed for 2 years at 5M per, but also like Gudbranson he didn't wait it out so there was much more cap available when he signed. That is not far off from what I am suggesting Klingberg sign for.
29 juill. 2022 à 16 h 16
couldnt afford 2nd t
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 431
Quoting: budgeteam
Klingberg waited out the market too long. There is almost no cap left in the league. Most of the remaining cap is stuck on teams who don't have money to spent to back that cap. Additionally, he has been so/so the last few seasons compared to his peak. Gudbranson had a career year and has the intangibles of being a big heavy defenseman, which is in vogue and difficult to find. He also didn't wait until all the cap dissipated to sign, he signed right away.

Klingberg likely fired his agent because his agent overplayed their hand and screwed up. Now Klingberg is still a UFA and there are no landing spots that can offer him a big contract.

DeAngelo is a better comparable to Klingberg. He signed for 2 years at 5M per, but also like Gudbranson he didn't wait it out so there was much more cap available when he signed. That is not far off from what I am suggesting Klingberg sign for.

Klingberg signs an unorthodox 1 year contract in Anaheim for 7M.

Similar to Hall signing in Buffalo for the inflated 1 year salary.

I doubt there was anything with term above 4-5 million if that's what he had to settle for on a 1 year deal on a team that likely wasn't an ideal destination. He will play out the user in Anaheim and get flipped at the deadline.
30 juill. 2022 à 16 h 18
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Bigger contract then I excpected, but still okay.
31 juill. 2022 à 17 h 6
NoQuitInNewYork
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 743
Good 3rd line signing for the Sens. When he came to Ottawa he was great

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage